EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Tuileries Palace, Paris | Tourist Information


Right Bank
Paris, France 75001


The Tuileries Palace was a royal and imperial palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine. It was the usual Parisian residence of most French monarchs, from Henry IV to Napoleon III, until it was burned by the Paris Commune in 1871.Built in 1564, it was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard and displayed an immense façade of 266 metres. Since the destruction of the Tuileries, the Louvre courtyard has remained open and the site is now the location of the eastern end of the Tuileries Garden, forming an elevated terrace between the Place du Carrousel and the gardens proper.HistoryAfter the accidental death of Henry II of France in 1559, his widow Catherine de' Medici (1519–1589) planned a new palace. She sold the medieval Hôtel des Tournelles, where her husband had died, and began building the palace of Tuileries in 1564, using architect Philibert de l'Orme. The name derives from the tile kilns or tuileries which had previously occupied the site. The palace was formed by a range of long, narrow buildings. During the reign of Henry IV (1589–1610), the building was enlarged to the south, so it joined the long riverside gallery, the Grande Galerie, which ran all the way to the older Louvre Palace in the east.

City Near Tuileries Palace

Paris, France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France Paris

PARIS
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel de ville
Paris, France 75004

3975

Musée Du Louvre, París
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue De La Grange Batelière
Paris, France

0778569073

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058

The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

<>

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, France 75018

Paris XII
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
130, avenue Daumesnil
Paris, France 75012

01 44 68 12 12

Patrick Roger, MOF Chocolatier
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
108 boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75006

Ambassade d'Italie en France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
51, rue de Varenne
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade d'Italie en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République italienne auprès de la République française. Elle est située dans l'hôtel de Boisgelin au 51 rue de Varenne à Paris. Son ambassadeur est, depuis le, Giandomenico Magliano.ConsulatsL’Italie possède des consulats généraux à Lille, Lyon, Metz, Nice, Paris, Toulouse et Marseille.Voir aussiArticles connexes Ministère des Affaires étrangères italien Ambassade de France en Italie Relations entre la France et l'ItalieLien externe ambparigi.esteri.it, site de l'ambassade d'Italie en France

Théâtre du Nord-Ouest
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
13 rue du faubourd Montmartre
Paris, France 75009

01 47 70 32 75

Le Metro Cafe Saint Germain Paris, France
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
60 Boulevard Saint-Germain 75005
Paris, France 75005

01 43 26 59 09

Saint-Hilaire Paradise
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
3 Rue de l'Agent Bailly
Paris, France 75009

Le Lutétia
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
33 Quai Bourbon
Paris, France 75004

<>

Boulevard De Sant Germain De Près
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jacob
Paris, France

PΛRIS
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Champs Élysée 19
Paris, France 75007

<>

PΛRIS
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Champs Élysée 19
Paris, France 75007

<>

NYU Paris
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
57 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75005

<>

Community and Government Near Tuileries Palace

Musée d'Orsay
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, France 75343

+33 (0)1 40 49 48 14

De l'académisme au post-impressionnisme et aux Fauves en passant par l'impressionnisme, les Nabis ou encore le symbolisme, le musée d'Orsay présente peintures, sculptures, photographies, pastels, architecture, arts graphiques et arts décoratifs de la période 1848-1914.

Ritz Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15, Place Vendôme
Paris, France 75001

(33) 01 43 16 30 30

The Ritz Paris is reborn and freshly restored, a transformation which has never been accomplished since the opening of the hotel in 1898. 142 rooms and suites, including 15 Prestige Suites have been completely redesigned in the spirit of the Ritz Paris and with the latest technology. Executive Chef Nicolas Sale orchestrates culinary experiences. Flooded with light, the Gallery is an exclusive passageway running through the hotel and that opens onto the Grand Jardin. It features 95 shop windows, 5 boutiques and a Concept Store dedicated to the art of travel. Lovers of Haute Cuisine rediscover the now even more spacious and world-renowned École Ritz Escoffier. The Ritz Club Paris welcomes CHANEL au Ritz Paris, an area dedicated to Chanel skin-care services and customized beauty experiences. Your room is ready. Rendezvous at 15, place Vendôme. More information on www.ritzparis.com or through our social media channels.

Palais Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Palais Royal
Paris, France 75001

Le Quai, Quai Anatole France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Port de Solférino
Paris, France 75007

01 44 18 04 39

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, France 75007

The Pont Royal is a bridge crossing the river Seine in Paris. It is the third oldest bridge in Paris, after the Pont Neuf and the Pont Marie.LocationThe Pont Royal links the Right Bank by the Pavillon de Flore with the Left Bank of Paris between rue du Bac and the rue de Beaune. The bridge is constructed with five elliptical arches en plein cintre. A hydrographic ladder, indicating floods' highest level in Paris, is visible on the last pier nearest each bank.HistoryIn 1632, the entrepreneur Pierre Pidou directed the construction of a wooden toll-bridge which would be called Pont Sainte-Anne (in deference to Anne of Austria) or Pont Rouge (due to its color). It was designed to replace the Tuileries ferry upon which the rue du Bac (bac meaning ferry in French) owes its name. The ferry had been offering crossings since 1550. Fragile, this bridge of fifteen arches would be repaired for the first time in 1649, completely redone two years later, burnt in 1654, flooded in 1656, completely rebuilt in 1660, propped up in 1673 and finally carried away by a flood in February 1684. Madame de Sévigné reported that this last incident caused the loss of eight of the bridge's arches.

Conseil Constitutionnel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de Montpensier 75001
Paris, France 75001

(+33) 1 40 15 30 00

Ministère de la Justice
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
13, place Vendôme
Paris, France 75001

01 44 77 60 60

Pont du Carrousel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont du Carrousel
Paris, France 75001

The Pont du Carrousel is a bridge in Paris, which spans the River Seine between the Quai des Tuileries and the Quai Voltaire.HistoryBegun in 1831 in the prolongation of the rue des Saints-Pères on the Left Bank, the original bridge was known under that name until its inauguration, in 1834, when king Louis-Philippe named it Pont du Carrousel, because it opened on the Right Bank river frontage of the Palais du Louvre near the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel in front of the Tuileries.The bridge's architect, Antoine-Rémy Polonceau, succeeded in a design that was innovative in several aspects. For one thing, the new structure was an arch bridge, during a period when most bridge construction had turned to suspension bridges; the necessary towers and cables would have been considered unacceptable additions to the Parisian scenery. The structure combined the relatively new material of cast iron with timber. Its graduated cast-iron circular supports were quickly dubbed "napkin rings" (ronds de serviette). At each corner of the bridge were erected classic style stone allegorical sculptures by Louis Petitot, which remain in situ. They represent Industry, Abundance, The City of Paris and The Seine.

Institut de France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
23 Quai de Conti
Paris, France 75270

The Institut de France is a French learned society, grouping five académies, the most famous of which is the Académie française.The Institute, located in Paris, manages approximately 1,000 foundations, as well as museums and châteaux open for visit. It also awards prizes and subsidies, which amounted to a total of €5,028,190.55 for 2002. Most of these prizes are awarded by the Institute on the recommendation of the académies.HistoryThe Institut de France was established on 25 October 1795, by the French government.Académies Académie française (French Academy, concerning the French language) – initiated 1635, suppressed 1793, restored 1803 as a division of the institute. Académie des inscriptions et belles-lettres (Academy of Humanities) – initiated 1663. Académie des sciences (Academy of Sciences) – initiated 1666. Académie des beaux-arts (Academy of Fine Arts) – created 1816 as the merger of the Académie de peinture et de sculpture (Academy of Painting and Sculpture, initiated 1648) Académie de musique (Academy of Music, initiated 1669) and Académie d'architecture (Academy of Architecture, initiated 1671)

Mairie du 1er arrondissement de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
4, place du Louvre 75001
Paris, France 75001

01 44 50 75 01

La mairie du arrondissement de Paris est le bâtiment qui héberge les services municipaux du arrondissement de Paris, en France.LocalisationLe bâtiment est situé sur la place du Louvre, en retrait du tracé de la rue du Louvre, à côté de l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois, dont elle est le pendant, et face à la colonnade du Louvre de Claude Perrault.HistoireLe bâtiment a été conçu par l'architecte Jacques Hittorff et édifié entre 1858 et 1863.Il a été voulu comme le pendant de la façade de l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois (dont il reprend notamment la rosace et le porche) qui se trouve à proximité, et qu'il flanque de constructions semblables aux immeubles de cette époque.Entre les deux, Théodore Ballu fait construire un beffroi de style gothique flamboyant - que l'on prend souvent pour le clocher de l'église - relié de part et d'autre aux deux édifices par deux portes du même style donnant accès au square qui les sépare.

BNF Richelieu
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue Vivienne
Paris, France 75002

+33 1 53 79 59 59

Ministère De L'écologie
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
246 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75007

01 40 81 21 22

La Pyramide Inversée
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place du Carrousel
Paris, France 75001

La Pyramide Inversée is a skylight constructed in the Carrousel du Louvre shopping mall in front of the Louvre Museum in France. It may be thought of as a smaller sibling of the more famous Louvre Pyramid proper, yet turned upside down: its upturned base is easily seen from outside.DesignThe pyramid marks the intersection of two main walkways and orients visitors towards the museum entrance. Tensioned against a, 13.3m square steel caisson frame, the inverted pyramidal shape in laminated glass points downward towards the floor. The tip of the pyramid is suspended 1.4m above floor level. Individual glass panes in the pyramid, 30mm thick, are connected by stainless-steel crosses 381mm in length. After dark, the structure is illuminated by a frieze of spotlights.Directly below the tip of the downwards-pointing glass pyramid, a small stone pyramid (about 1m) is stationed on the floor, as if mirroring the larger structure above: The tips of the two pyramids almost touch.La Pyramide Inversée was designed by architects Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, and installed as part of the Phase II government renovation of the Louvre Museum. It was completed in 1993. In 1995, it was a finalist in the Benedictus Awards, described by the jury as "a remarkable anti-structure... a symbolic use of technology... a piece of sculpture. It was meant as an object but it is an object to transmit light."

Zero Climate Change
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
007
Paris, France 007

007

facebook.com/Rainbow.Rock.Peaceful.Re.Evolution www.freehawaii.org facebook.com/WSL facebook.com/ecosurfoficial facebook.com/surfsexandsea facebook.com/WavelengthSurfMag facebook.com/TheInertia facebook.com/magicseaweed facebook.com/SurfersAgainstSewage facebook.com/surfgirlmag facebook.com/surfer facebook.com/SurfingWorldMagazine facebook.com/SurferRule facebook.com/Surfline facebook.com/surfosmagazine facebook.com/patanegrasurf360 facebook.com/almasurfoficial facebook.com/ISAsurfing facebook.com/wearesurfers facebook.com/tracksmag facebook.com/surfersjournal facebook.com/Eco.Planet.Epic.Wildlife facebook.com/raoni.com.fr facebook.com/raoni.com.en facebook.com/salvalaselva facebook.com/amazonwatch facebook.com/therainforest facebook.com/pages/Save-the-Amazonas/292727777434998 facebook.com/pages/Chamado-Da-Terra/458032080893784 facebook.com/pages/Support-Chief-Raoni facebook.com/amoamazonia facebook.com/Epic.Oceanic.Wildlife facebook.com/oceandefender facebook.com/seashepherdglobal facebook.com/Global.Eco.Pirates facebook.com/PacificWhaleFoundation facebook.com/whales.org facebook.com/SeaTurtleConservation facebook.com/oceana facebook.com/oceanconservancy facebook.com/TECHO facebook.com/savethechildren facebook.com/Love.Save.Our.Planet facebook.com/Love.Earth.Justice www.icj-cij.org facebook.com/pages/International-Court-of-Justice/115849265096292 facebook.com/ClimateChangeGuide facebook.com/Climatempo.Meteorologia facebook.com/rising.arctic SoS Mail To www.icj-cij.org

Ministère de l'Ecologie du Developpement Durable et de l'Energie
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
246 boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75007

Page facebook du Ministère de l'écologie, du développement durable et de l'énergie: pour le développement éco-responsable et l'efficacité énergétique.

Clifford Chance
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
9 Place Vendôme
Paris, France

Cour Des Comptes
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
rue Cambon
Paris, France 75001

Rue De Bellechasse 75007 Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Bellechasse
Paris, France 75007

<>

ENSA Paris Malaquais
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
14 Rue Bonaparte
Paris, France 75006

01 55 04 56 50

Jeanne d'Arc (Frémiet)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place des Pyramides
Paris, France 75001

Jeanne d'Arc is a gilded bronze equestrian sculpture of Joan of Arc by Emmanuel Frémiet inaugurated in 1874.HistoryThe original statue was commissioned by the French government after the defeat of the country in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War. It is the only public commission of the state from 1870 to 1914, called the Golden Age of statuary in Paris, the other statues were funded by private subscriptions.The sculptor took as his model Aimée Girod (1856–1937), a young woman from Domrémy, Joan of Arc's village in Lorraine.The statue was inaugurated in 1874. The pedestal was designed by the architect Paul Abadie.The artist, who made another version of the monument for the city of Nancy in 1889, replaced the horse of the Parisian monument 10 years later by a copy of the smaller Nancy one, which earned him criticism.The monument was classified as a historic monument on March 31, 1992.Reviving a tradition from the far-right leagues, on every May Day, the National Front holds an annual ceremony in her honour at the statue.LocationsThe original work is located at the Place des Pyramides, in Paris, near where Joan of Arc was wounded during her failed attempt to take Paris.Other copies can be seen at: Nancy, France, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, Melbourne, Australia.

Historical Place Near Tuileries Palace

Musée du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

0033 (0) 1 40 20 53 17

Le musée du Louvre est fermé tous les mardis, le 1er janvier, le 1er mai et le 25 décembre. Trente-cinq mille œuvres à voir et à revoir, une dizaine d’expositions, des ateliers, des visites, des conférences, des rencontres, des films, des lectures, de la musique, des spectacles… Une invitation à la découverte et à la connaissance pour tous les publics. Le Louvre et Vous : http://crm.e-deal.net/gerico/louvre_profile_edit.fl Gérez vos abonnements aux lettres électroniques du musée du Louvre et recevez de l'information en fonction de vos centres d'intérêt.

Place de la concorde
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
place de la concorde
Paris, France 75008

La place de la Concorde est une grande place située au pied de l'avenue des Champs-Élysées dans le 8e arrondissement à Paris, en France. Le nom aurait été choisi par le Directoire pour marquer la réconciliation des Français après les excès de la Terreur.

Opéra Garnier
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
6 place de l'Opéra
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0)1 71 25 24 23

In the summer the Opera is open till 5:30pm In the winter the Opera is open till 4:30pm

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

<>

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

Les Arts Décoratifs
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
107 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

01.44.55.57.50

Institution originale et plurielle, Les Arts Décoratifs entretiennent « en France la culture des arts qui poursuivent la réalisation du beau dans l’utile » et maintiennent des liens étroits avec le monde industriel, établissant de nombreux partenariats avec des entreprises exerçant leurs activités dans des domaines variés. Les différentes composantes des Arts Décoratifs sont réparties sur trois sites à Paris : - au 107 rue de Rivoli, les ailes de Rohan et de Marsan du palais du Louvre abritent le musée des Arts décoratifs possède une collection unique d'objets d'art de mode et de publicité, qui témoignent de l'art de vivre du Moyen Age jusqu'à nos jours - au 63 rue de Monceau, l’hôtel Camondo accueille le musée Nissim de Camondo - au 266 boulevard Raspail est installée en 1988 l’école Camondo (appellation née d’une implantation antérieure dans les communs de l’hôtel Camondo), spécialisée dans le design et l’architecture intérieure. Les Ateliers du Carrousel, ateliers de pratique artistique, sont présents sur ces trois sites.

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 37100

0644783382

Palais Brongniart
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bourse
Paris, France 75002

0183922020

Pas un jour sans qu'il ne se passe quelque chose au Palais Brongniart. Et c'est normal ! Avec plus de 500 manifestations accueillies chaque année, le Palais Brongniart vit au rythme de l'actualité internationale, nationale ou parisienne. Des conférences de presse aux congrès médicaux en passant par des salons internationaux, les conventions d'entreprises ou les présentations de nouveaux produits, l'innovation est souvent au coeur des thématiques abordées. Avec le blog et le facebook, vous découvrirez que le Palais Brongniart est un lieu incroyable de vitalité et d'énergie animé avec passion par une équipe d'experts de la communication événementielle. Choisir le Palais Brongniart, c'est choisir bien plus qu'un centre de congrès et d'événements. A très bientôt. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Toutes les photos mises en ligne par le Palais Brongniart ne peuvent être utilisées sauf sur demande par email à cette adresse : [email protected]

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Opéra
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75008

0664265620

Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

The Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Château De Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue De L'échelle
Versailles, France 78000

+33 1 30 83 78 00

Landmark Near Tuileries Palace

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

La Seine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Quai Voltaire
Paris, France 75007 Paris

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Jardin du Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Palais-Royal
Paris, France 75001

Le jardin du Palais-Royal est un grand square parisien de situé dans le arrondissement de Paris et construit en 1633 au centre du Palais-Royal. Le jardin est labellisé « Jardin remarquable ».DescriptionLe jardin est bordé par quatre galeries sous arcades : la galerie de Montpensier à l'ouest, la galerie de Beaujolais au nord, la galerie de Valois à l'est et la galerie du Jardin au sud.HistoireLes jardins sont décidés par le cardinal de Richelieu pour ornementer le Palais-Royal et sont réalisés par Pierre Desgotz, le jardinier du roi. Le palais et les jardins sont légués à Louis XIII à la mort du cardinal et la famille royale s'y installe. Il est modifié sous Charles X pour lui donner son aspect actuel, avec les galeries et les tracés des allées.

Jardins du Palais Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardins du Palais Royal
Paris, France Paris

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

The Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058

The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058

The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

La Comédie Française, salle Richelieu
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place Colette
Paris, France 75001

Saint-Honoré
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
171 R. Saint-Honoré
Paris, France 75008

+33 1 42 96 29 29

Musee De Louvere
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue Greneta
Paris, France 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, France 75007

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, France 75007

The Pont Royal is a bridge crossing the river Seine in Paris. It is the third oldest bridge in Paris, after the Pont Neuf and the Pont Marie.LocationThe Pont Royal links the Right Bank by the Pavillon de Flore with the Left Bank of Paris between rue du Bac and the rue de Beaune. The bridge is constructed with five elliptical arches en plein cintre. A hydrographic ladder, indicating floods' highest level in Paris, is visible on the last pier nearest each bank.HistoryIn 1632, the entrepreneur Pierre Pidou directed the construction of a wooden toll-bridge which would be called Pont Sainte-Anne (in deference to Anne of Austria) or Pont Rouge (due to its color). It was designed to replace the Tuileries ferry upon which the rue du Bac (bac meaning ferry in French) owes its name. The ferry had been offering crossings since 1550. Fragile, this bridge of fifteen arches would be repaired for the first time in 1649, completely redone two years later, burnt in 1654, flooded in 1656, completely rebuilt in 1660, propped up in 1673 and finally carried away by a flood in February 1684. Madame de Sévigné reported that this last incident caused the loss of eight of the bridge's arches.

Louvre Rivoli
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue De Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Place des Pyramides
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de pyramides
Paris, France 75001

<>

Place des Pyramides is a public square in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. It is located in the middle of the Rue de Rivoli, at its intersection with the Rue des Pyramides and Avenue du General Lemonnier, at the western end of the Tuileries Garden.The square was named for the street, Rue des Pyramides, and the street was named for the Battle of the Pyramids, a Napoleonic victory achieved in Egypt in 1798.DescriptionA riding academy under Antoine de Pluvinel, squire to Henry III, Henry IV and Louis XIII, was set up in this area in the 16th century. Known as "Le Pluvinel", this was the forerunner of the classical equestrian school, and it is commemorated by a plaque above the entrance to the Hôtel Regina restaurant.The gilded bronze equestrian statue of Joan of Arc on this square was produced by Emmanuel Frémiet in 1874.

Rue de Verneuil
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Verneuil
Paris, France 75007

<>

Park Near Tuileries Palace

Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Jardin des Tuileries
Paris, France 75001 Paris

Parc Des Buttes- Chaumont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
75019
Paris, France 75019

Tuileries Garden-Jardin Des Tuileries
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 90 43

Jardin du Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Palais-Royal
Paris, France 75001

Le jardin du Palais-Royal est un grand square parisien de situé dans le arrondissement de Paris et construit en 1633 au centre du Palais-Royal. Le jardin est labellisé « Jardin remarquable ».DescriptionLe jardin est bordé par quatre galeries sous arcades : la galerie de Montpensier à l'ouest, la galerie de Beaujolais au nord, la galerie de Valois à l'est et la galerie du Jardin au sud.HistoireLes jardins sont décidés par le cardinal de Richelieu pour ornementer le Palais-Royal et sont réalisés par Pierre Desgotz, le jardinier du roi. Le palais et les jardins sont légués à Louis XIII à la mort du cardinal et la famille royale s'y installe. Il est modifié sous Charles X pour lui donner son aspect actuel, avec les galeries et les tracés des allées.

Palais Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Palais Royal
Paris, France 75001

Jardins du Palais Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardins du Palais Royal
Paris, France Paris

Jardin Des Tuilleries
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
113 rue de rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Pont des Arts,Jardin du Louvre
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Léopold Sédar Senghor
Paris, France 75001

<>

Square du Vert-Galant
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
square du vert-galant
Paris, France 75001

<>

Le square du Vert-Galant est un square de Paris, situé à la pointe ouest de l'île de la Cité, dans le quartier Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois du arrondissement. Le niveau du square est situé sept mètres plus bas que le niveau actuel des autres parties de l'île, ce qui correspond au niveau que celle-ci avait autrefois. Le faible surplomb du square par rapport à la Seine explique qu'il soit inondé, voire totalement submergé lors des plus importantes crues du fleuve.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Pont Neuf.DescriptionIl a été créé par la réunion de plusieurs petites îles dont l'île aux Juifs (où furent brûlés les derniers templiers) et l'île du Patriarche. Le square doit son nom à Henri IV, surnommé le « Vert-Galant » en raison de ses nombreuses maîtresses malgré son âge avancé. Le square est dominé par une statue équestre d'Henri IV reposant sur le Pont-Neuf (lequel sépare le square du reste de l'île). Une plaque commémorative rappelle par ailleurs que c'est à cet endroit qu'eurent lieu, le, les exécutions sur le bûcher des deux plus hauts dignitaires de l'ordre du Temple, Jacques de Molay et Geoffroy de Charnay.

تونسي كارثة
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
paris
Paris, France 75000

26111111

Parc du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Square du Vert-Galant
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, France

<>

Quai des Tuileries
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Quai des Tuileries
Paris, France 75001

The Quai des Tuileries is a quay on the Right Bank of the River Seine in Paris, France, along the stretch close to where the Palais du Louvre and the Quai François Mitterrand is situated, in the 1st arrondissement.Quai des Tuileries runs between the Pont du Carrousel and the Pont de la Concorde that cross the River Seine to the Left Bank. It is close to the Avenue du General Lemonnier and the Place de la Concorde. Vehicles may travel in one direction only.

Place du Carrousel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

La Rotonde des Tuileries
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 rue des Pyramides
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 41 21

Jardin des Halles
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Pierre-Lescot
Paris, France 75001

<>

Jardin De Tulerie
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

<>

Dans Le Jardin Du Louvre
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
loos en gohelle <3
Paris, France 75001

Grand Bassin Rond
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Avenue du Général Lemonnier
Paris, France

Tours and Sightseeing Near Tuileries Palace

Musée Grévin
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
10, boulevard Montmartre, 75009 Paris
Paris, France 75009

0147708505

Le musée Grévin est un musée de cire privé (propriété de Grévin & Cie, inauguré le 5 juin 1882, une filiale de la Compagnie des Alpes depuis sa privatisation) situé dans le 9 arrondissement de Paris, en France, et dans lequel sont regroupées des reproductions en cire de personnages célèbres. Font aussi partie de la visite du musée le théâtre Grévin (salle de spectacle) et le Palais des Mirages (attraction utilisant le principe de l'illusion d'optique). La salle de la Coupole et la salle des Colonnes possèdent de très beaux décors de style baroque datant de 1882.Il ne compte pas moins de 200 personnages de cire allant de Albert Einstein au Mahatma Gandhi en passant par Michael Jackson ou Alfred Hitchcock. De nombreuses scènes de l'Histoire de France y sont reconstituées, comme la captivité de Louis XVI au Temple ou Jeanne d'Arc sur le bûcher.Régulièrement, de nouvelles personnalités font leur entrée au Musée Grévin : en 2015 la statue de cire de Zlatan Ibrahimovic a fait son entrée à Grévin Paris.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Musée Grévin
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
10, boulevard Montmartre, 75009 Paris
Paris, France 75009

The Musée Grévin is a wax museum in Paris located on the Grands Boulevards in the 9th arrondissement on the right bank of the Seine, at 10, Boulevard Montmartre, Paris, France. It is open daily; an admission fee is charged.HistoryThe museum was founded in 1882 by Arthur Meyer, a journalist for Le Gaulois, and named for its first artistic director, caricaturist Alfred Grévin. It is one of the oldest wax museums in Europe. Its baroque architecture includes a hall of mirrors based on the principle of a catoptric cistula and a theater for magic shows. The hall of mirrors was built for the Exposition Universelle in 1900. It was originally housed in the Palais des mirages designed by Eugène Hénard.Louis Aragon wrote poems under the name of Le Musée Grévin (using the pseudonym of François la Colère), published during the Vichy regime by the Éditions de Minuit underground editor.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Kabylie
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 rue de la lande
Paris, France 75001

0760085793

Discover Walks Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Thérèse
Paris, France 75001

(+33) 0 970 449 724

We started Discover Walks to give visitors to Paris something exciting, something special, to remember when they returned home. We want to give visitors a couple of special hours being with a real Parisian walking around Paris. The kind of experience you would have if you had a good friend who was a Paris native. Fun, informative and most of all, personal to you and your guide.

Bateaux Mouches
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France

L'open Tour Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
13 rue Auber
Paris, France 75008

+33(0) 1 42 66 56 56

Musée national Eugène Delacroix
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6, rue de Furstenberg
Paris, France 75006

0033 (0)1 44 41 86 50

Le Musée national Eugène-Delacroix est un musée qui a été fondé à la fin des années 1920 par la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix. Il a ouvert pour la première fois en juin 1932, avec une première exposition dédiée au peintre et à ses proches, Delacroix et ses amis.Installé dans le dernier appartement et le dernier atelier du peintre, où il vécut de décembre 1857 à sa mort, le 13 août 1863, le musée a été créé, plus de soixante ans après le décès de Delacroix, par des peintres, des collectionneurs, des conservateurs, réunis en association pour sauver les lieux, menacés de destruction. Présidée par Maurice Denis, dont l’implication pour le musée fut sans failles, la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix rassemblait aussi Henri Matisse, Paul Signac, Édouard Vuillard, George Desvallières, notamment.Le musée Eugène-Delacroix est un musée ainsi conçu en hommage à Eugène Delacroix, peintre, dessinateur, graveur et écrivain. Sa collection propre, singulière, est la seule au monde à présenter la diversité des talents du grand artiste et à souligner l’influence insigne que son œuvre exerça sur la création artistique, jusqu’à aujourd’hui.Histoire du musée Eugène DelacroixEugène Delacroix s’installa 6 rue de Furstenberg, le 28 décembre 1857, abandonnant l’atelier de la rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette qu’il louait depuis 1844 et qui était trop éloigné de l’église Saint-Sulpice dont il devait, dès 1847, décorer la chapelle. Souffrant depuis plusieurs années, l’artiste souhaitait finir à tout prix son œuvre, mais il n’était plus en mesure de faire chaque jour un long  trajet depuis la rive droite. Aussi fut-il heureux de trouver par l’intermédiaire de son ami, le marchand de couleurs et restaurateur de tableaux Étienne Haro (1827-1897), un logement calme et aéré, entre cour et jardin, situé au premier étage d’un immeuble relativement proche de Saint-Sulpice et faisant partie des anciens communs du palais abbatial de Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Delacroix obtint un bail de quinze ans, avec autorisation pour construire un atelier dans le jardin, à condition d’en soumettre au préalable les plans.

Musée du Parfum
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
9 rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009

The Musée du Parfum, also known as the Fragonard Musée du Parfum, is a French private museum of perfume located at 9 rue Scribe, in the 9th arrondissement of Paris.LocationThe museum is located near the western side of Opéra Garnier.Hours and admissionThe musée is open daily; admission is free.HistoryThe museum was created in 1983 by the Fragonard perfume company within a Napoleon III town-house (built 1860). Its rooms contain period furnishings and perfume exhibits, including antique perfume bottles, containers, toiletry sets, stills for steam distillation of perfume extracts, etc. Displays show how perfumes are made today, and present the history of perfume manufacturing and packaging. Of particular interest is an orgue à parfum (perfume organ) with tiers of ingredient bottles arranged around a balance used to mix fragrances.

Musée de la Légion d'honneur
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2, rue de la Légion d'honneur
Paris, France 75007

Le musée national de la Légion d'honneur et des ordres de chevalerie est un musée national français d'art et d'histoire consacré aux ordres de chevalerie et de mérite, décorations et médailles, tant français qu'étrangers. Il est situé dans l'Hôtel de Salm dans le arrondissement de Paris.HistoriqueLe musée a été créé à l’initiative du général Dubail, Grand Chancelier de la Légion d'honneur, et financé grâce à une souscription ouverte parmi les légionnaires et les médaillés militaires, dont le succès fut particulièrement vif aux États-Unis. Il a été inauguré en 1925. Au noyau initial des collections, composé du fonds de la Grande Chancellerie, de dépôts des musées nationaux, se sont ajoutés, au fil du temps, de nombreux dons de collectionneurs, mais également des dons effectués par des États étrangers afin de compléter les collections existantes, enfin d'achats prestigieux et dations. À noter depuis 2008, le dépôt par Antonio Benedetto Spada de sa collection au Musée : cette collection est sans doute la plus importante en main privée.DescriptionLe musée occupe une aile moderne élevée entre 1922 et 1925 sur l'emplacement des anciennes écuries de l'hôtel de Salm, donnant sur le parvis du musée d’Orsay. Le musée présente ses collections permanentes sur plusieurs niveaux, dans des espaces thématiques consacrés : à l'histoire du palais et à la création du musée, aux ordres chevaleresques et religieux, aux ordres royaux français, à la Légion d'honneur, ordres impériaux et souvenirs du Premier Empire, aux ordres étrangers, aux ordres, décorations et médailles français de 1789 à nos jours.Il est à ce jour, le seul musée consacré à la phaléristique.

Campos Eliseos
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
paris
Paris, France 39500

1 53 76 05 00

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Sulpice 2 rue Palatine
Paris, France

La iglesia de San Sulpicio es una destacada iglesia barroca francesa situada en la plaza de Saint-Sulpice de París, construida en honor a Sulpicio Pío, que alberga en su interior un sistema para la determinación astronómica de los equinoccios diseñado por Henry Sully.La iglesia, orientada en el sentido usual O-E, es una edificación imponente de de largo, de ancho, de altura bajo la bóveda central; es después de Notre Dame, la iglesia más grande de la ciudad.HistoriaErigida sobre los cimientos de un antiguo templo románico del siglo XIII, que sufrió sucesivas ampliaciones hasta 1631. En 1646, el sacerdote parisino Jean-Jacques Olier encargó la construcción de un nuevo edificio, que se alargó durante más de un siglo. El resultado fue un edificio sencillo, de dos plantas, con una fachada oeste formada por dos filas de elegantes columnas. La armonía del conjunto sólo la rompen las torres de los extremos, que no son parejas.Unas enormes ventanas llenan el interior de luz. Las dos conchas que hay junto a la entrada fueron un regalo de la República de Venecia a Francisco I. La base de piedra sobre la que se encuentran fue realizada por Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

Péniche Paris En Scène - Quai Des Orfèvres
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Escale du Pont Saint-Michel, Quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France

Les 24h Du Velib'
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Des Champs Elysees
Paris, France 75007

3275

Musée Marmottan
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Louis Boilly 75016
Paris, France

An Evening In Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
11 av Edouard Herriot
Paris, France 92000

0146314825

Musée en Herbe
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
23 rue de L'Arbre-Sec
Paris, France 75001

The Musée en Herbe is an art museum for children, located at 21 rue Hérold and also in the Jardin d'Acclimatation, Bois de Boulogne, Paris, France. It is open daily; an admission fee is charged.The museum was established in 1975 by Sylvie Girardet and Claire Merleau-Ponty. It presents a series of art exhibits and workshops for children, based on the works of artists such as Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, and Niki de Saint Phalle.

Landmark Near Tuileries Palace

Théâtre des Tuileries
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 rue Saint Hyacinthe
Paris, France 75001

The Théâtre des Tuileries was a theatre in the former Tuileries Palace in Paris. It was also known as the Salle des Machines, because of its elaborate stage machinery, designed by the Italian theatre architects Gaspare Vigarani and his two sons, Carlo and Lodovico. Constructed in 1659–1661, it was originally intended for spectacular productions mounted by the court of the young Louis XIV, but in 1763 the theatre was greatly reduced in size and used in turn by the Paris Opera (up to 1770), the Comédie-Française (from 1770 to 1782), and the Théâtre de Monsieur (from January to December 1789). In 1808 Napoleon had a new theatre/ballroom built to the designs of the architects Percier and Fontaine. The Tuileries Palace and the theatre were destroyed by fire on 24 May 1871, during the Paris Commune.Salle des MachinesThe auditorium, designed and decorated by the architects Charles Errard, Louis Le Vau, and François d'Orbay, was housed in a pavilion located at the north end of the palace as originally built by the architect Philibert de l'Orme for Catherine de Médicis. Estimates of its seating capacity range from 6,000 to 8,000. The unusually deep stage was located in a gallery situated between the auditorium and a new, more northern pavilion, later designated as the.

La Pyramide Inversée
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place du Carrousel
Paris, France 75001

La Pyramide Inversée is a skylight constructed in the Carrousel du Louvre shopping mall in front of the Louvre Museum in France. It may be thought of as a smaller sibling of the more famous Louvre Pyramid proper, yet turned upside down: its upturned base is easily seen from outside.DesignThe pyramid marks the intersection of two main walkways and orients visitors towards the museum entrance. Tensioned against a, 13.3m square steel caisson frame, the inverted pyramidal shape in laminated glass points downward towards the floor. The tip of the pyramid is suspended 1.4m above floor level. Individual glass panes in the pyramid, 30mm thick, are connected by stainless-steel crosses 381mm in length. After dark, the structure is illuminated by a frieze of spotlights.Directly below the tip of the downwards-pointing glass pyramid, a small stone pyramid (about 1m) is stationed on the floor, as if mirroring the larger structure above: The tips of the two pyramids almost touch.La Pyramide Inversée was designed by architects Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, and installed as part of the Phase II government renovation of the Louvre Museum. It was completed in 1993. In 1995, it was a finalist in the Benedictus Awards, described by the jury as "a remarkable anti-structure... a symbolic use of technology... a piece of sculpture. It was meant as an object but it is an object to transmit light."

Jeanne d'Arc (Frémiet)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place des Pyramides
Paris, France 75001

Jeanne d'Arc is a gilded bronze equestrian sculpture of Joan of Arc by Emmanuel Frémiet inaugurated in 1874.HistoryThe original statue was commissioned by the French government after the defeat of the country in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War. It is the only public commission of the state from 1870 to 1914, called the Golden Age of statuary in Paris, the other statues were funded by private subscriptions.The sculptor took as his model Aimée Girod (1856–1937), a young woman from Domrémy, Joan of Arc's village in Lorraine.The statue was inaugurated in 1874. The pedestal was designed by the architect Paul Abadie.The artist, who made another version of the monument for the city of Nancy in 1889, replaced the horse of the Parisian monument 10 years later by a copy of the smaller Nancy one, which earned him criticism.The monument was classified as a historic monument on March 31, 1992.Reviving a tradition from the far-right leagues, on every May Day, the National Front holds an annual ceremony in her honour at the statue.LocationsThe original work is located at the Place des Pyramides, in Paris, near where Joan of Arc was wounded during her failed attempt to take Paris.Other copies can be seen at: Nancy, France, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, Melbourne, Australia.

Place des Pyramides
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de pyramides
Paris, France

La place des Pyramides est une place située dans le quartier du Palais-Royal du arrondissement de Paris. Coupant la rue de Rivoli, elle se trouve à la hauteur du jardin des Tuileries, et au bout de la rue des Pyramides.HistoriqueAncienne place de Rivoli, ouverte par arrêté du 17 vendémiaire an X, la place des Pyramides a reçu son nom actuel par l’arrêté du.L’ancien et le nouveau nom sont dus respectivement à la proximité de la rue de Rivoli et de celle des Pyramides. Le nom actuel commémore la campagne d'Égypte menée par le général Bonaparte en 1798.Sites particuliersLa statue de Jeanne d’Arc en bronze doré présente sur cette place a été réalisée par Emmanuel Frémiet en 1874.En ces lieux s'élevait aux et s une académie d'équitation tenue par Antoine de Pluvinel, écuyer d'Henri III, Henri IV et Louis XIII. Elle constitue le premier foyer de l'école classique d'équitation. Une plaque, apposée au-dessus de la porte d'entrée du restaurant de l’hôtel Régina, Le Pluvinel rappelle cet événement.La place accueille l'entrée principale de l'hôtel Régina.

Place Colette
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place Colette
Paris, France 75001

La place Colette est une place du arrondissement de Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a reçu son nom en 1966 en hommage à l'écrivaine Colette, sur demande de sa fille unique Colette de Jouvenel à André Malraux, alors ministre de la Culture. L'arrêté a été pris le 19 février 1966 et l'inauguration a eu lieu le 21 mars suivant.SituationLa place est encadrée au Nord et à l'Est par le Palais-Royal (au Nord avec la Comédie-Française et à l'Est par le Conseil d'État), au Sud par la rue Saint-Honoré qui la sépare de l'hôtel du Louvre, et à l'Ouest par la rue de Richelieu.La bouche de la station de métro Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre dite Kiosque des noctambules, dessinée en 2000 par Jean-Michel Othoniel, se trouve sur cette place.Films tournés sur la placeLe café Le Nemours a accueilli le tournage de plusieurs films : 2007 : Dialogue avec mon jardinier de Jean Becker 2010 : The Tourist de Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck 2011 : Intouchables d'Olivier Nakache et Éric Toledano

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058

The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

Pont du Carrousel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont du Carrousel
Paris, France 75001

The Pont du Carrousel is a bridge in Paris, which spans the River Seine between the Quai des Tuileries and the Quai Voltaire.HistoryBegun in 1831 in the prolongation of the rue des Saints-Pères on the Left Bank, the original bridge was known under that name until its inauguration, in 1834, when king Louis-Philippe named it Pont du Carrousel, because it opened on the Right Bank river frontage of the Palais du Louvre near the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel in front of the Tuileries.The bridge's architect, Antoine-Rémy Polonceau, succeeded in a design that was innovative in several aspects. For one thing, the new structure was an arch bridge, during a period when most bridge construction had turned to suspension bridges; the necessary towers and cables would have been considered unacceptable additions to the Parisian scenery. The structure combined the relatively new material of cast iron with timber. Its graduated cast-iron circular supports were quickly dubbed "napkin rings" (ronds de serviette). At each corner of the bridge were erected classic style stone allegorical sculptures by Louis Petitot, which remain in situ. They represent Industry, Abundance, The City of Paris and The Seine.

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal 75007 Paris
Paris, France 75007

+33-1-42 84 70 00

Le pont Royal est un pont français situé à Paris et traversant la Seine. C'est le troisième plus ancien pont de la ville, après le pont Neuf et le pont Marie. Ce monument fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.SituationIl relie la rive droite au niveau du pavillon de Flore à la rive gauche entre la rue du Bac et la rue de Beaune. Il a pour voisins, en amont, le pont du Carrousel, et en aval, la passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Tuileries.HistoireUn bac pour traverser la Seine est autorisé par lettres patentes par le roi Henri II le.Après avoir assisté à un accident du bac qui traversait la Seine dans le prolongement de la rue du Bac au cours d'une promenade, Louis XIII décida la construction d'un pont à cet emplacement.Pont Rouge en 1632En 1632, Pierre Pidou, secrétaire de la Chambre du roi et premier commis de Louis Le Barbier, a entrepris la réalisation d'un pont en bois à péage sur cet emplacement, qui sera appelé pont Sainte-Anne (en référence à Anne d'Autriche), pont Rouge (en raison de sa couleur) ou pont Barbier (du nom du financier qui a été le premier promoteur immobilier de Paris qui l'avait fait construire).

Les Deux Plateaux
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue du Colonel Driant
Paris, France 75001

Les Deux Plateaux, more commonly known as the Colonnes de Buren, is a highly controversial art installation created by the French artist Daniel Buren in 1985–1986. It is located in the inner courtyard (Cour d'Honneur) of the Palais Royal in Paris, France.As described by the architectural writer Andrew Ayers, "Buren's work takes the form of a conceptual grid imposed on the courtyard, whose intersections are marked by candy-striped black-and-white columns of different heights poking up from the courtyard's floor like sticks of seaside rock.... In one sense the installation can be read as an exploration of the perception and intellectual projection of space."The work replaced the courtyard's former parking lot and was designed to conceal ventilation shafts for an underground extension of the culture ministry's premises. Some of the columns extend below courtyard level and are surrounded by pools of water into which passersby toss coins.The project was the "brainchild" of the culture minister Jack Lang and elicited considerable controversy at the time. It was attacked for its cost and unsuitability to a historic landmark. Lang paid no attention to the orders of the Commission des Monuments Historiques, which objected to the plan. In retrospect Ayers has remarked: "Given the harmlessness of the result, the fuss seems excessive, although the columns have proved not only expensive to install, but also to maintain."

Place de Valois
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
4 place de Valois
Paris, France 75001

<>

La place de Valois est une place du arrondissement de Paris.DescriptionElle a donné son surnom au Parti radical dit « valoisien », dont le siège se trouve au 1, pour le distinguer du Parti radical de gauche né de la scission du Parti radical « historique » en 1971. On y trouve également, au 5, le siège de la Ligue de Paris Île-de-France de football, qui fut aussi un temps celui du Paris Saint-Germain.Voir aussi Liste des voies du arrondissement de Paris Liste des places de Paris

The Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Jardin du Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Palais-Royal
Paris, France 75001

Le jardin du Palais-Royal est un grand square parisien de situé dans le arrondissement de Paris et construit en 1633 au centre du Palais-Royal. Le jardin est labellisé « Jardin remarquable ».DescriptionLe jardin est bordé par quatre galeries sous arcades : la galerie de Montpensier à l'ouest, la galerie de Beaujolais au nord, la galerie de Valois à l'est et la galerie du Jardin au sud.HistoireLes jardins sont décidés par le cardinal de Richelieu pour ornementer le Palais-Royal et sont réalisés par Pierre Desgotz, le jardinier du roi. Le palais et les jardins sont légués à Louis XIII à la mort du cardinal et la famille royale s'y installe. Il est modifié sous Charles X pour lui donner son aspect actuel, avec les galeries et les tracés des allées.

Rue du Pélican
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
9 rue du Pélican
Paris, France 75001

La rue du Pélican est située dans le arrondissement de Paris.Elle existait déjà au début du.Origine du nomLa rue tire son nom de la déformation d'un nom obscène qui lui avait été donné en raison de la population de prostituées qui l'habitait : rue du Poil-au-con. « Ce fut, de 1792 à 1800, la rue Purgée, nom qu'elle ne méritait guère, des filles publiques continuant à l'habiter ».

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

París está de moda
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
01 rue du Louvre
Paris, France 75000

Página a donde se publica info que les sirve a los viajeros Argentinos que vienen a París, de parte de una rosarina agente de viajes devenida en temporal parisina! espero que les sirva, a+

École des beaux-arts
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
14 Rue Bonaparte
Paris, France 75006

01 47 03 50 00

Palais de la Légion d'Honneur
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de la Légion d'honneur 75007 Paris
Paris, France 75007

The Palais de la Légion d'Honneur is a building on the left bank of the River Seine in Paris. It houses the Musée national de la Légion d'Honneur et des Ordres de Chevalerie and is the seat of the Légion d'honneur, the highest order of chivalry of France. The building is also known as the Hôtel de Salm. It is located at 64, Rue de Lille, next to the old Orsay railway station in the 7th arrondissement of Paris.HistoryThe Hôtel de Salm was constructed between 1782 and 1787 by the architect Pierre Rousseau (1751–1810) for the German Prince Frederick III, Prince of Salm-Kyrburg. The revolutionary government nationalised the building, and from 13 May 1804 it was renamed the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur, and became the seat of the newly created Légion d'honneur. The interior was remodeled for that purpose by Antoine-François Peyre, and new exterior sculptures were added by Jean Guillaume Moitte and Philippe-Laurent Roland. An additional building was added in 1866 along the then-new Rue de Solférino, but the palace was destroyed by fire in 1871, under the Paris Commune. A replica was rebuilt soon afterwards under Anastase Mortier, with painters Jean-Paul Laurens and Théodore Maillot providing interior decoration. An additional building was added from 1922–1925 on Rue de Bellechasse in order to house a museum of the Legion of Honour.

Institut de France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
23 Quai de Conti
Paris, France 75270

The Institut de France is a French learned society, grouping five académies, the most famous of which is the Académie française.The Institute, located in Paris, manages approximately 1,000 foundations, as well as museums and châteaux open for visit. It also awards prizes and subsidies, which amounted to a total of €5,028,190.55 for 2002. Most of these prizes are awarded by the Institute on the recommendation of the académies.HistoryThe Institut de France was established on 25 October 1795, by the French government.Académies Académie française (French Academy, concerning the French language) – initiated 1635, suppressed 1793, restored 1803 as a division of the institute. Académie des inscriptions et belles-lettres (Academy of Humanities) – initiated 1663. Académie des sciences (Academy of Sciences) – initiated 1666. Académie des beaux-arts (Academy of Fine Arts) – created 1816 as the merger of the Académie de peinture et de sculpture (Academy of Painting and Sculpture, initiated 1648) Académie de musique (Academy of Music, initiated 1669) and Académie d'architecture (Academy of Architecture, initiated 1671)

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Quai du Louvre
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Quai du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

Le quai du Louvre est un quai situé le long de la Seine, à Paris, dans le arrondissement.SituationLe quai du Louvre commence au Pont Neuf et rue de la Monnaie et finit Rue de l'Amiral-de-Coligny et Quai François-Mitterrand. Les véhicules y circulent en sens unique de l'ouest vers l'est.En 1817, le quai du Louvre commençait place et quai de l'École et finissait au guichet Fromenteau et place d'Iéna. Il était situé dans l'ancien arrondissement dans le quartier du Louvre.OdonymieLe quai est ainsi nommé du fait qu'il longe le palais du Louvre.HistoireEn 1868, le quai du Louvre est formé par la réunion de 3 quais : Le quai de l'École entre le Pont-Neuf et la rue de l'Amiral-de-Coligny Le quai de Bourbon entre la rue de l'Amiral-de-Coligny et la colonnade du Louvre Le quai du Louvre entre la colonnade du Louvre et le pont du Carrousel. Pendant la Révolution française, il est nommé quai du Muséum.