EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Pont des Arts, Paris | Tourist Information


Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006


The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Arts and Entertainment Near Pont des Arts

Paris Trocadero
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Marie Bonaparte
Paris,

Théâtre de la Gaîté-Montparnasse
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
26 rue de la Gaité
Paris, 75014

+33 1 43 20 60 56

The Théâtre de la Gaîté-Montparnasse is a venue situated at 26, rue de la Gaîté, in the Montparnasse quarter of Paris, in the 14th arrondissement. It opened in 1868 and seats 399 people.

La Pachanga
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Vandamme
Paris, 75014

01 56 80 11 40

Notre Dame Radio
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
6 boulevard edgar quinet
Paris, 75014

0156564444

Rue De La Gaîté
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue De La Gaîté
Paris, 75014

Les Editions Fei
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Frédéric Sauton
Paris, 75015

01 45 33 27 22

Créées en 2009 par XU Ge Fei, une jeune Chinoise passionnée par la culture de son pays d’origine et celle de la France, les Éditions Fei ont pour but de faire découvrir aux lecteurs occidentaux les créateurs de bandes dessinées chinoises trop longtemps méconnus par le public. Conscientes que la principale gageure du passage d’une culture à l’autre réside dans la qualité de la traduction et de l’adaptation, les Éditions Fei privilégient une étroite collaboration entre scénaristes et graphistes chinois et occidentaux en amont de la création. Les Éditions Fei proposent des œuvres originales et inédites dans le respect et le soutien aux artistes chinois qui peuvent exprimer leur talent, tout en franchissant plus aisément la barrière culturelle. "Juge Bao" est la première série publiée par les Éditions Fei.

Swan Bar
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
165, Bld du Montparnasse
Paris, 75006

01 44 27 05 84

Le Cafe Egyptien
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
112-114 rue Mouffetard (entrée rue de l'Arbalète)
Paris, 75005

0143311135

Studio Raspail
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
216 boulevard Raspail
Paris, 75014

Club 2plus2
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
9 Boulevard Edgar Quinet
Paris, 75014

01 43 35 14 00

Cinéma L'Epée de Bois
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
100 rue mouffetard
Paris, 75005

Brasil Tropical
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
36 rue du départ
Paris, 75015

01 42 79 94 94

Brazil Tropical montparnasse Paris
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
36 Rue du Départ 75015 Paris
Paris, 75015

01 42 79 94 94

Théâtre d'Edgar
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
58 bld Edgar Quinet
Paris, 75014

+33 9 81 61 76 29 / +33 1 42 79 97 97

Haut lieu du café-théâtre au coeur du quartier Montparnasse, EDGAR vous propose une programmation axée sur des comédies décalées et conviviales, dans deux salles intimistes de 70 et 80 places, et vous accueille tous les jours même le dimanche!

Mission Bretonne / Ti ar Vretoned
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
22 rue Delambre
Paris, 75014

0143352641

Granville Gallery
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
23 rue du départ
Paris, 75014

0143224194

Après six années d'existence à Granville (Normandie), la GRANVILLE GALLERY a ouvert un deuxième lieu à Paris le 6 novembre 2010. La GRANVILLE GALLERY fait se rencontrer un artiste contemporain et un designer : Jean LE GAC et Philippe DANEY ; Christian GHION et François PERRODIN et prochainement Vincent BREED et matali crasset. En fin d'année, elle organise les mois du design : d'après un thème imposé les designers créent des pièces uniques ou des petites séries. Arès SLICK 2008, ART PARIS 2009, TRIPTYQUE à Angers (2009 et 2010) , LA BIENNALE DU DESIGN à Saint-Etienne en 2010, ART PARIS 2011 elle vient de participer à DESIGN MIAMI ART BASEL en juin 2012.

Montparnasse Tower Observation Deck
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
33 avenue du Maine
Paris, 75015

01 45 38 52 56

Montparnasse Tower provides you a breathtaking view of Paris. You can spot famous landmarks of Europe's romantic capital : Eiffel Tower, the Invalides, Sacré Coeur, Orsay Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Panthéon, the Louvre… from one place. The 56th floor has what you need to discover Paris and its monuments through an amazing experience : interactive facilities, café… In just 38 seconds Europe’s fastest elevator takes you to the 210 meters height (over 689 feet) terrace where you can enjoy a panoramic view of the city. On a clear day this view covers a radius of 40 km. Access • Subway : Montparnasse-Bienvenüe (lines 4, 6, 12 and 13) • Bus : lines 28, 58, 82, 88, 89, 91, 92, 94, 95 and 96 • SNCF : Train station Montparnasse Pay parking lot

Théâtre de la Vieille Grille
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
1, rue du Puits de l'Ermite
Paris, 75005

01 47 07 22 11

Académie de la Grande Chaumière
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
14, rue de la Grande Chaumière
Paris, 75006

+ 33 1 43 26 13 72

Dans le quartier légendaire de Montparnasse, les peintres les plus célèbres, comme les amateurs les plus secrets, sont venus à la Grande Chaumière s’asseoir dans la vaste salle un peu mystérieuse de cette Académie libre pour y pratiquer leur art-intemporel : modèle vivant, nu, croquis, fusain, dessin, peinture à l’huile…

Académie de la Grande Chaumière
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
14, rue de la Grande Chaumière
Paris, 75006

+ 33 1 43 26 13 72

The Académie de la Grande Chaumière is an art school in the Montparnasse district of Paris, France.HistoryThe school was founded in 1904 by the Catalan painter Claudio Castelucho, in rue de la Grande Chaumière in Paris, near to the Académie Colarossi. From 1909 the Académie was jointly directed by the painters Martha Stettler, Alice Dannenberg and Lucien Simon. It was dedicated to both painting and sculpture. It did not teach the strict academic rules of painting of the École des Beaux-Arts, and led to art that was free from academic constraints. An attraction was the low level of fees, even lower than those of the Académie Julian (which had to be paid in advance). It was said that all that was provided was a model and warmth in the winter.In 1957, the Académie de la Grande Chaumière was acquired by the Charpentier family, founders of the Charpentier Academy. It still operates under its original name, and provides two free workshops, one for painting and drawing, the other for sketches, as well as evening classes.Teachers Former students SourcesDr. Eric Cabris, Ph.D., Biografie van kunstschilder Ghislaine de Menten de Horne (1908–1995), Brussels, V.U.B., 2008, p. 4, footnote 3.Antoine Bourdelle, Laure Dalon, Cours & leçons à l'Académie de la Grande Chaumière, 1909–1929, Paris : Paris-Musées : Ed. des Cendres, 2008. ISBN 978-2-7596-0034-2

Grande Galerie de l'Évolution du Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Jardin des Plantes - 36, rue Geoffroy Saint Hilaire 75005 Paris
Paris, 75005

01 40 79 56 01

La Grande Galerie de l'èvolution fa parte del Muséum national d'histoire naturelle dal 1889. È situata nella parte nord del Jardin des Plantes nel V arrondissement di Parigi in Francia. Chiamata anticamente Galerie de Zoologie, la Grande Galerie diventa nel 1994 uno spazio espositivo permanente che mostra e mette in scena la diversità degli esseri viventi e l'evoluzione della vita attraverso una importante collezione di esemplari naturalizzati.Storia della GalleriaLa Galleria di zoologiaNel Muséum national d'histoire naturelle esisteva, lungo rue Geoffroy St-Hilaire, un Cabinet d'histoire naturelle che aveva rimpiazzato, agli inizi del XIX secolo, l'Antica galerie situata lungo rue Cuvier, il cui edificio è ancora visibile tra la sede della Societé des Amis du Museum, il ristorante della Balena e l'anfiteatro Roulle. Questo Cabinet non poteva più accogliere le collezioni che non cessavano di aumentare. Allora l'architetto Louis-Jules André con il sostegno del presidente Adolphe Thiers, costruì nel 1872 la Galerie di Zoologie per esporre tutte le collezioni zoologiche, circa un milione di esemplari. Nel luglio 1889, qualche mese dopo l'inaugurazione della Torre Eiffel, la Galeria de zoologie fu inaugurata e aperta al pubblico dal ministro Armand Fallières.

Idem Paris
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
49 rue du Montparnasse
Paris, 75014

01 43 35 35 35

Tour Montparnasse, Paris, France
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue du Maine 33
Paris, 75014

Nietzsche Source
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
ITEM (CNRS/ENS), 45, rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

Amdróide
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Rua Google falcondes
Paris, 031515615

21 66666666

Vini Lounge
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
48 rue du Montparnasse
Paris,

The Dive Pub Mouffetard
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
11 rue du pot de fer
Paris, 75005

« paris restaurant tlmp restaurant a paris »
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
4 rue du depart
Paris, 75015

0140470809

« Le Tout Le Monde en Parle ! Un restaurant moderne et spacieux aux couleurs chatoyantes, offrant un concept original de spectacle vivant : magicien en close-up, chanteur et DJ ! » « Le Tout le monde en parle restaurant à Montparnasse joue la carte du restaurant, bar, club et propose un concept de dîner – spectacle original et vivant ! Durant le dîner, les mystères de la magie en close-up s'invitent à votre table. Puis, notre magicien en close-up laisse place à notre artiste chanteur. … » Tout le monde en parle votre restaurant à paris… le jour Déjeuner d'affaire - Déjeuner romantique - Cocktail en terrasse… Au cœur du quartier Montparnasse, au pied de la fameuse Tour et au sommet de la galerie commerciale, le restaurant a montparnasse & bar Tout le Monde en Parle offre un espace privilégié, propice à la détente, idéal pour un déjeuner ou un simple cocktail en terrasse. Les gourmets profitent dans ce restaurant à paris d'une cuisine raffinée agrémentée d'une pointe d'inventivité et les visiteurs en quête d'un instant de détente y dégustent un cocktail aux sons des rythmes lounge, et découvrent une vue imprenable sur la rue de Rennes et les hauteurs de ce restaurant a Paris…Venez découvrir notre restaurant a paris le Tout le monde en parle Découvrez la vidéo de notre soirée Salsa lors de la Fête de la Musique en cliquant ici ! Restaurant montparnasse Tout le monde en parle… la nuit Dîner spectacle - Dîner romantique – Dîner entre amis – Club ! En soirée, les lumières tamisées, la décoration de style baroque et les grandes baies vitrées dévoilant les lumières de Paris nous plongent dans un univers d'élégance et de glamour de notre restaurant montparnasse. Le Tout le monde en parle restaurant a montparnasse joue la carte du restaurant, bar, club et propose un concept de dîner – spectacle original et vivant ! Durant le dîner, les mystères de la magie en close-up s'invitent à votre table. A partir de 23h00, place à la chanson… Les serveurs se révèlent être également des artistes chanteurs. Et enfin, la piste s'ouvre aux danseurs pour une soirée Clubbing qui durera, les vendredis et samedis, jusqu'à l'aube… Venez profiter de notre restaurant a montparnasse le Tout le monde en parle.Vous recherchez un restaurant atypique ? restaurant tout le monde en parle 4 rue du depart paris 15 0140470809 www.resto-montparnasse.com

Landmark Near Pont des Arts

École Nationale des Chartes
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
65 rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 75 00

The École nationale des chartes is a French grande école which specializes in historical sciences. It was founded in 1821 and was located first at the National Archives, then at the Palais de la Sorbonne (5th arrondissement). In October 2014, it moved to 65 rue de Richelieu (University of Paris II), opposite to the Richelieu-Louvois Site of the National Library of France. The school is administered by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research. It holds the status of grand établissement. Its students, who are recruited by competitive examination and hold the status of trainee civil servant2, receive the qualification of archivist-paleographer after completing a thesis. They generally go on to follow a career as heritage curators in the archive and visual fields, as library curators or as lecturers and researchers in the human and social sciences. In 2005, the school also introduced Master’s degrees, for which students were recruited based on an application file, and, in 2011, doctorates.

École spéciale des travaux publics
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
28 avenue du Président Wilson, Cachan
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 11 18

L'École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l'industrie est l'une des plus prestigieuses écoles d'ingenieurs en France, et l'une des plus réputées dans le domaine du génie civil. Elle fait partie des 210 écoles d'ingénieurs françaises capables de délivrer un diplôme d'ingénieur.La durée de la scolarité ingénieur est de trois ans après le cursus de classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles ou par admission sur titre. Elle a été fondée en 1891 à Paris dans le arrondissement, entre la rue Thénard et le boulevard Saint-Germain, au cœur du Quartier latin.Le campus de Cachan, érigé en 1905 pour accueillir les laboratoires, est désormais le seul site de l'école depuis la rentrée 2011 à accueillir les élèves en formation d'ingénieur et de techniciens spécialisés « conducteurs de travaux. »L'ESTP Paris forme également des techniciens supérieurs dans le domaine des travaux publics et du bâtiment. L'école, membre du G16+ ainsi que du Pôle Universitaire Paris-Est, est rattachée depuis 1999 à Arts et Métiers Paristech.Fondation de l'écoleNé à Tulle dans un milieu modeste, Léon Eyrolles est reçu en 1882 conducteur des ponts et chaussées. Tout en exerçant ses fonctions dans l’administration, il aide quelques collègues à préparer le concours de conducteur des Ponts et chaussées. L’École des ponts et chaussées est pratiquement le seul établissement d’enseignement supérieur dans le domaine des travaux publics alors que l’époque est aux grands travaux sollicités par la révolution technique (avènement de l'électricité, du téléphone, naissance de l’architecture métallique, du béton armé etc.)

Hôtel de Cluny
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
6, place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France

L'Hôtel de Cluny, situé dans le V arrondissement de Paris (France), au cœur du Quartier latin, est dès le le lieu de résidence des abbés de l'ordre de Cluny enseignant au Collège de Cluny. À partir du, et jusqu'à la Révolution française, il abrite des nonces apostoliques ainsi que des particuliers. En 1843, l'État en fait un musée devenu aujourd'hui le Musée national du Moyen Âge, ou Musée de Cluny.Histoire de l'hôtelL'hôtel des Abbés de ClunyLes bâtiments accueillaient les abbés de l'ordre de Cluny en Bourgogne dès le. À la fin du, le bâtiment construit par Jean III de Bourbon et a été agrandi par Jacques d'Amboise, abbé de Cluny (1485-1510). Les armes d'Amboise, « trois pals alternés d'or et de gueules », ornent les lucarnes ouvragées de la façade ainsi que les gâbles des fenêtres hautes.L'hôtel accueille régulièrement les abbés de Cluny et certains dignitaires importants.La jeune Marie d'Angleterre y est enfermée pendant 40 jours en janvier 1515 pour s'assurer qu'elle ne porte pas d'héritier à la mort de son mari le roi Louis XII de France, ainsi la couronne passe à son cousin, le futur roi François . Le 3 mars 1515, Marie y épouse secrètement et sans le consentement de son frère le roi Henri VIII, son favori, Charles Brandon, duc de Suffolk.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, France 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

I have a dream
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
q.latino 17
Paris, France 05012

5346789012

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, France 75005

0143542381

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Bisinchi, France 75005

0495387464

The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, France 20235

01 46 33 03 81

Petit Pont – most łączący IV okręg paryski z Île de la Cité wybudowany w 1853 na miejscu wcześniejszego.HistoriaJuż w starożytności na miejscu dzisiejszego mostu znajdowała się przeprawa przez rzekę. Wiadomo, że już w rzymskiej osadzie Lutecja właśnie na tym miejscu, wykorzystując niewielką odległość między wyspą a stałym lądem oraz spokojniejszy bieg rzeki, przebiegał most łączący Cité z lewym brzegiem Sekwany. Obiekt był wielokrotnie niszczony przez rzekę w czasie kolejnych niekontrolowanych powodzi. W samym średniowieczu most był niszczony jedenastokrotnie. Środki finansowe pochodziły z różnych, niekiedy niecodziennych źródeł: w 1175 budowa pierwszego całkowicie kamiennego mostu została opłacona przez biskupa Paryża, natomiast w 1393 zmuszono paryską społeczność żydowską do wpłacenia 9500 liwrów na kolejną odbudowę. Od nazwy mostu pochodzi przydomek Adama Parvipontanusa (XII w.), uczącego w znajdującej się przy nim szkole.W czasie rządów Karola VI Szalonego nowy most wybudował włoski mnich Giovanni Giocondo, wówczas po raz pierwszy na Petit Pont pojawiły się domy. Most ten przetrwał dwa stulecia, jednak już w XVII wieku Petit Pont zawalał się i był budowany na nowo w latach 1649, 1651, 1658 i 1659. Ta ostatnia odbudowa była również najbardziej kosztowna, jednak nie spełniła oczekiwań, a most, kamienno-drewniany, zawalił się w 1718 w niecodziennych okolicznościach. W czasie gdy pod mostem bezskutecznie usiłowały przepłynąć dwie wyładowane barki, nieznana z nazwiska kobieta wypłynęła na Sekwanę, by odnaleźć ciało jej dziecka, które w niej utonęło. Miała w rękach zapaloną pochodnię i gdy wskutek wypadku jej łódź zderzyła się z jedną z barek, powstał ogromny pożar, od którego zajął się cały most. Rok później most został odbudowany, już bez zabudowy mieszkalnej.

Brasserie Lipp
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
151, boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75006

Lipp est une brasserie située au 151, boulevard Saint-Germain, dans le arrondissement de Paris, en France. Elle décerne chaque année un prix littéraire, le Prix Cazes, du nom d'un de ses anciens propriétaires.HistoireC'est le 27 octobre 1880, que Léonard Lipp et son épouse Pétronille ouvrent leur brasserie boulevard Saint-Germain. Alsacien d'origine, Léonard Lipp a fui sa terre natale, devenue allemande, et se consacre à la préparation de cervelas rémoulade en entrée et de la choucroute en plat de résistance, arrosée des meilleures bières. Sa convivialité et des prix modestes lui font connaître un franc succès. La germanophobie lors de la Première Guerre mondiale l'oblige à prendre comme nouveau nom la Brasserie des Bords pendant quelques années.En juillet 1920, le bougnat Marcellin Cazes reprend l'établissement, qui était déjà fréquenté par quelques poètes comme Verlaine ou Apollinaire. Il le fait décorer avec des céramiques murales de Léon Fargues, les plafonds peints de Charly Garrey, les banquettes en moleskine marron. C'est en 1935 que Marcelin crééra le Prix Cazes, qui était originellement attribué chaque année à un auteur n'ayant jamais eu d'autre distinction littéraire, ce qui n'est plus le cas aujourd'hui. En 1955, Marcelin passe le flambeau à son fils Roger Cazes.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Étoile Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
22 rue Guillaume Apollinaire
Paris, France 75006

01 42 22 87 23

L'Étoile Saint-Germain-des-Prés, précédemment Le Saint-Germain-des-Prés, est une salle de cinéma indépendante, classée Art et Essai, située dans le 6 arrondissement de Paris au 22, rue Guillaume-Apollinaire près de la place Saint-Germain-des-Prés.HistoriqueLe cinéma est ouvert le, dans les locaux restructurés d'un ancien cabaret, sous le nom de Le Bilboquet avec la programmation du film Z de Costa-Gavras.En 1979, le cinéma est racheté par le groupe Olympic de Frédéric Mitterrand, qui le renomme Olympic Saint-Germain puis Le Saint-Germain-des-Prés.En 1988, à l'occasion de sa réfection, le cinéma est dédié au producteur français attitré de la Nouvelle Vague en prenant la dénomination « Salle Georges de Beauregard ».Dernière salle de cinéma du quartier de Saint-Germain-des-Prés, le Saint-Germain-des-Prés est aujourd'hui la propriété du groupe Etoile-Cinémas, géré par la famille Henochsberg.En sus de sa programmation exigeante de films en VO, le cinéma développe une offre d'animations variée. Tous les mois, le Ciné Quin accueille un artiste qui vient présenter son film culte. Le cinéma accueille aussi Cinémime, un rendez-vous familial articulé autour de la rencontre entre spectacle vivant et films courts des débuts de l'histoire du cinéma.

Direction Régionale de Police Judiciaire de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
36, quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France 75001

The Direction Régionale de Police Judiciaire de Paris, often called the 36, quai des Orfèvres or simply the 36 by the address of its headquarters, is the division of the Police judiciaire in Paris. Its 2,200 officers investigate about 15,000 crimes and offences a year.The Police judiciaire, abbreviated PJ, is the criminal investigation division of the Police nationale.36, quai des Orfèvres is often erroneously believed to be the address of the Direction Centrale de la Police Judiciaire, the national authority of the criminal police, which is actually located at the 11, rue des Saussaies, in the buildings of the Ministry of the Interior.HistoryThe PJ is the direct successor of the Sûreté, which was founded in 1812 by Eugène François Vidocq as the criminal investigative bureau of the Paris police. The Sûreté served later as an inspiration for Scotland Yard, the FBI and other departments of criminal investigation throughout the world.In its modern form, the Parisian PJ was created by a decree by Celestin Hennion, the then préfet de police and father of the elite mobile police units called Brigades du Tigre. Unique for their time, they were created with the support of Georges Clémenceau, who was nicknamed "le tigre" (the Tiger). It explains why the PJ emblem consists of a stylized tiger's head.

Nabrzeże Złotników 36 w Paryżu
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
36, quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France 75001

36, quai des Orfèvres – paryski adres mający swoje miejsce w kulturze francuskiej.W miejscu tym nad Sekwaną na wyspie Cité, stoi budynek Komendy regionalnej Policji Sądowej (kryminalnej) Paryskiej Prefektury Policji.Pod adresem tym znajdują się wydziały kryminalny i dowództwo sił interwencyjnych (do walki z przestępczością zorganizowaną) Policji paryskiej.Miejsce w [[Kultura popularna|popkulturze]]Budynek był wielokrotnie miejscem akcji umieszczanym w dziełach francuskiej popkultury, m.in. w filmach: Quai des Orfèvres Henri-Georges Clouzota z 1947 r. i 36 Quai des Orfèvres Oliviera Marchala z 2004 r., czy też w książkach o komisarzu Maigret.

Rue Visconti
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
17-19 rue Visconti
Paris, France 75006

0771017588

La rue Visconti est une rue située dans le quartier Saint-Germain-des-Prés du 6 arrondissement de Paris.HistoireElle a été ouverte en 1540 sous le nom des Marais-Saint-Germain à travers le petit Pré-aux-Clercs et fut pendant le le refuge des protestants, dont Bernard Palissy. Ils y étaient si nombreux qu'elle fut surnommée la petite Genève, expression reprise par Agrippa d'Aubigné. Le refuge était assez sûr pour que les habitants de la rue soient épargnés lors du massacre de la Saint-Barthélemy. Elle a été renommée le 24 août 1864 en l'honneur de Louis Visconti, architecte de l'Empereur Napoléon III et auteur du tombeau de.Les maisons sont en majorité du, beaucoup d'entre elles ont conservé de beaux portails sculptés et de belles cours. Un des immeubles les plus remarquables aujourd'hui est l'hôtel de Ranes construit en 1660, au 21.DescriptionElle relie la rue Bonaparte à la rue de Seine, avec la rue des Beaux-Arts au Nord et la rue Jacob au Sud. C'est la plus longue des rues étroites de Paris.

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Pont au Change
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Au Change
Paris, France 75013

Pont au Change là một cây cầu bắc qua sông Seine ở trung tâm thủ đô Paris của Pháp. Cây cầu này nối liền Conciergerie trên île de la Cité với quảng trường Châtelet ở bờ phải sông Seine. Đây cũng là ranh giới giữa quận 1 và quận 4 của Paris.Lịch sửPont au Change gốc được xây dựng từ thế kỷ 9 dưới thời Charles le Chauve, cùng thời điểm Conciergerie bắt đầu được mở rộng để trở thành cung điện của Hoàng gia Pháp. Tên của cây cầu (Change - Đổi chác, hối đoái) xuất phát từ việc trên cầu có rất nhiều cửa tiệm của những người đổi tiền và thợ kim hoàn, các cửa hiệu sát nhau tới mức người ta không thể nhìn thấy sông Seine khi đứng trên cầu.Cây cầu hiện nay được xây dựng từ năm 1858 đến năm 1860, đó là một cầu vòm gạch gồm 3 nhịp vòm dài 103 m, rộng 30 m.Hình ảnhLiên kết ngoài Lịch sử Pont au Change trên Insecula.com