EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Boulevard de la Madeleine, Paris | Tourist Information


Boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75001


Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Madeleine.Le boulevard de la Madeleine est un des grands boulevards de Paris, et fait partie de la chaîne constituée d'ouest en est par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Origine du nomLe boulevard doit son nom à l'église de la Madeleine toute proche.Bâtiments remarquables, et lieux de mémoire ' : Ici se trouvait dans les années 1920, la Galerie Adolphe Le Goupy. ' : à l'entresol de l'immeuble, mourut Alphonsine Plessis (dite Marie Duplessis) rendue célèbre par Alexandre Dumas fils, sous le nom de La Dame aux camélias et par Giuseppe Verdi dans son opéra la Traviata. ' : Hôtel de la Compagnie des messageries maritimes. D'inspiration classique, élevé par l‘architecte J. de Saint-Maurice et les ingénieurs constructeurs Lugagne et de Bouillanne en 1916, l'ancien siège de la Compagnie des Messageries Maritimes est un grand immeuble, entre le boulevard et la rue de Sèze, les rues Vignon (22 fenêtres en façade) et Godot-de-Mauroy. Ses murs conservent des sculptures et bas relief maritimes. Le transfert du siège des Messageries Maritimes du Boulevard de la Madeleine à Paris à la Tour Winterthur à La Défense a eu lieu en 1975. ' : Emplacement de la Galerie Bernheim-Jeune à partir de 1906 à 1925

Community and Government Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Ritz Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15, Place Vendôme
Paris, France 75001

(33) 01 43 16 30 30

The Ritz Paris is reborn and freshly restored, a transformation which has never been accomplished since the opening of the hotel in 1898. 142 rooms and suites, including 15 Prestige Suites have been completely redesigned in the spirit of the Ritz Paris and with the latest technology. Executive Chef Nicolas Sale orchestrates culinary experiences. Flooded with light, the Gallery is an exclusive passageway running through the hotel and that opens onto the Grand Jardin. It features 95 shop windows, 5 boutiques and a Concept Store dedicated to the art of travel. Lovers of Haute Cuisine rediscover the now even more spacious and world-renowned École Ritz Escoffier. The Ritz Club Paris welcomes CHANEL au Ritz Paris, an area dedicated to Chanel skin-care services and customized beauty experiences. Your room is ready. Rendezvous at 15, place Vendôme. More information on www.ritzparis.com or through our social media channels.

Palais Royal
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Palais Royal
Paris, France 75001

Printemps
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
64 boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 1 42 82 62 76

Printemps is a French department store . The Printemps stores focus on beauty, lifestyle, fashion, accessories, and men's wear.HistoryPrintemps was founded in 1865 by Jules Jaluzot and Jean-Alfred Duclos. The store was designed by noted architects Jules and Paul Sédille and opened at the corner of Le Havre and Boulevard Haussmann, in Paris, France on 3 November 1865. The building was greatly expanded in 1874, and elevators (then a great novelty) from the 1867 Universal Exposition were installed. Rebuilt after a fire in 1881, the store became the first to use electric lighting, in 1888. (Customers could observe the workings of the power plant behind a glass wall.) It was also one of the first department stores with direct subway access, the Metro being connected in 1904.The policies of Printemps revolutionized retail business practices. The store marked items with set prices and eschewed the haggling based on customer appearance that had previously been standard in retail shopping. Like other '' (literally "big store", department store), Printemps used the economies of scale to provide high quality goods at prices that the expanding middle class could afford. They also pioneered the idea of discount sales to clear out dated stocks, and later the use of window models to display the latest fashions. Printemps was noted for its branding innovations as well, handing out bouquets of violets on the first day of each Spring and championing the new Art Nouveau style, with its nature inspired motifs.

Opera National De Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009

C'est une très grande école si vous vous intéressé(e) a la danse cette école est fortement recommendée

Le cercle national des armees (CNA)
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
8 place Saint Augustin
Paris, France 75008

Le Quai, Quai Anatole France
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Port de Solférino
Paris, France 75007

01 44 18 04 39

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75018

<>

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Paris Porte De Charenton
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Cirque Pinder
Paris, France 75012

<>

Danone
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
17 bd Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

Conseil Constitutionnel
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de Montpensier 75001
Paris, France 75001

(+33) 1 40 15 30 00

Rue Caumartin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Caumartin
Paris, France 75009

<>

Ministère de la Justice
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13, place Vendôme
Paris, France 75001

01 44 77 60 60

Tuileries Palace
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Right Bank
Paris, France 75001

The Tuileries Palace was a royal and imperial palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine. It was the usual Parisian residence of most French monarchs, from Henry IV to Napoleon III, until it was burned by the Paris Commune in 1871.Built in 1564, it was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard and displayed an immense façade of 266 metres. Since the destruction of the Tuileries, the Louvre courtyard has remained open and the site is now the location of the eastern end of the Tuileries Garden, forming an elevated terrace between the Place du Carrousel and the gardens proper.HistoryAfter the accidental death of Henry II of France in 1559, his widow Catherine de' Medici (1519–1589) planned a new palace. She sold the medieval Hôtel des Tournelles, where her husband had died, and began building the palace of Tuileries in 1564, using architect Philibert de l'Orme. The name derives from the tile kilns or tuileries which had previously occupied the site. The palace was formed by a range of long, narrow buildings. During the reign of Henry IV (1589–1610), the building was enlarged to the south, so it joined the long riverside gallery, the Grande Galerie, which ran all the way to the older Louvre Palace in the east.

BNF Richelieu
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue Vivienne
Paris, France 75002

+33 1 53 79 59 59

National Assembly (France)
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
33, quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75008

01 40 63 60 00

The National Assembly is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament of France under the Fifth Republic. The upper house is the Senate ("Sénat"). The National Assembly's members are known as députés.There are 577 députés, each elected by a single-member constituency through a two-round voting system. Thus, 289 seats are required for a majority. The assembly is presided over by a president (currently Claude Bartolone), normally from the largest party represented, assisted by vice-presidents from across the represented political spectrum. The term of the National Assembly is five years; however, the President of the Republic may dissolve the Assembly (thereby calling for new elections) unless he has dissolved it in the preceding twelve months. This measure is becoming rarer since the 2000 referendum reduced the presidential term from seven to five years: a President usually has a majority elected in the Assembly two months after him, and it would be useless for him to dissolve it for those reasons.Following a tradition started by the first National Assembly during the French Revolution, the "left-wing" parties sit to the left as seen from the president's seat, and the "right-wing" parties sit to the right, and the seating arrangement thus directly indicates the political spectrum as represented in the Assembly. The official seat of the National Assembly is the Palais Bourbon on the banks of the river Seine; the Assembly also uses other neighbouring buildings, including the Immeuble Chaban-Delmas on the rue de l'Université. It is guarded by Republican Guards.

Hôtel de Beauvau - Ministère de l'intérieur
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Beauvau
Paris, France 75008

Ambassade des U.S.A
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 Avenue Gabriel
Paris, France 75008

<>

Eglise de La Madeleine
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

+33 1 44 51 69 00

Théâtre Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, France

Clifford Chance
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
9 Place Vendôme
Paris, France

Landmark Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Paris, France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France Paris

Parc Des Buttes- Chaumont
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
75019
Paris, France 75019

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le arrondissement de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le arrondissement de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75008

0664265620

Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, France 75009

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, France 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, France 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75018

<>

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75018

<>

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Rue Royale
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Royale
Paris, France 75008

<>

Rue Caumartin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Caumartin
Paris, France 75009

<>

Madeleine (Paris Métro)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

<>

Madeleine is a station on lines 8, 12 and 14 of the Paris Métro in central Paris and the 8th arrondissement.The station was opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The line 8 platforms opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of the line between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 14 platforms opened on 15 October 1998 as part of the original section of the line between Madeleine and Bibliothèque François Mitterrand. It was the north-western terminus of Line 14 until its extension to Saint-Lazare in 2003.It is named after the nearby Église de la Madeleine, which was dedicated to Sainte Madeleine in the 18th century. A small settlement had grown up in the district by the 6th century around a stronghold of the Bishop of Paris. It was known from an early date as la Ville-l’Évêque ("Town of the Bishop").

Théâtre Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, France

Landmark Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Paris, France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France Paris

Parc Des Buttes- Chaumont
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
75019
Paris, France 75019

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le arrondissement de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le arrondissement de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75008

0664265620

Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, France 75009

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, France 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, France 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75018

<>

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75018

<>

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Rue Royale
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Royale
Paris, France 75008

<>

Rue Caumartin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Caumartin
Paris, France 75009

<>

Madeleine (Paris Métro)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

<>

Madeleine is a station on lines 8, 12 and 14 of the Paris Métro in central Paris and the 8th arrondissement.The station was opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The line 8 platforms opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of the line between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 14 platforms opened on 15 October 1998 as part of the original section of the line between Madeleine and Bibliothèque François Mitterrand. It was the north-western terminus of Line 14 until its extension to Saint-Lazare in 2003.It is named after the nearby Église de la Madeleine, which was dedicated to Sainte Madeleine in the 18th century. A small settlement had grown up in the district by the 6th century around a stronghold of the Bishop of Paris. It was known from an early date as la Ville-l’Évêque ("Town of the Bishop").

Théâtre Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, France

Region Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

<>

Boulevard de la Chapelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de la Chapelle
Versailles, France

La Grande Roue - Place De La Condorde - Paris -France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75008

+33 1 44 90 75 08

Boulevard Malesherbes
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Malesherbes
Paris, France 75017

<>

Boulevard de Strasbourg
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de Strasbourg
Paris, France

<>

Lavinia France
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
3 boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75001

01 42 97 20 20

Venez nous rendre visite : * Magasin ouvert du lundi au samedi de 10h à 20h30 pour la Madeleine et 10h à 20h pour le CNIT http://bit.ly/1JGUSYD * "Restaurant des vins" ouvert - Service continu de 12h à 21h pour la Madeleine et 12h à 15h puis 15h à 20h en Bar à Vins pour le CNIT http://bit.ly/X7C9ku Contactez nous : LAVINIA 3, Boulevard de la Madeleine Paris, France 75001 * 01 42 97 20 20 * [email protected] LAVINIA La Défense Centre Commercial le CNIT 2, Place de la Défense 92800 Puteaux * 01 40 90 43 21 * [email protected]

Rue Saint-Dominique
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, France 75007

The rue Saint-Dominique is a street in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was formerly known as chemin de la Longue Raye (1355), chemin des Treilles (1433), chemin Herbu (des Moulins à Vent) (1523), chemin de l'Oseraie (1527), chemin du Port (1530), chemin des Vaches (1542), chemin de la Justice and chemin des Charbonniers. It was renamed rue Saint-Dominique in 1643 after the Dominican monastery set up a few years earlier near the eastern end of the street (now absorbed by the Boulevard Saint-Germain), whose only remnant is the église Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin on the place Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin (called place des Jacobins until 1802, after the Dominicans).In 1670, Jeanne Baptiste d'Albert de Luynes was born at number 33, the Hôtel de Luynes. It is now destroyed.The Rue Saint-Dominique is crossed by the Esplanade des Invalides.Popular cultureThe Irish musician Rob Smith released a song in March 2011 called "Rue Sainte-Dominique". The music video was shot on the street and surrounding area.

Champs Elisé
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
avenue des Champs Elysées
Paris, France 75008

Avenue Bosquet
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Bosquet
Paris, France 75007

<>

Abbesses
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue burq
Paris, France 75018

<>

Abbesses is a station on Paris Métro Line 12, in the Montmartre district and the 18th arrondissement. Abbesses is the deepest station in the Paris Métro, at 36 metres (118 feet) below ground, it is located on the western side of the butte (hill) of Montmartre. Access to the platforms is usually by elevators, but they can be accessed by decorated stairs.LocationNearby are the Montmartre district, the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur de Montmartre (church), the Place du Tertre and the Église Saint-Jean-de-Montmartre (Art Nouveau church). The station is named after the Place des Abbesses, referring to the abbesses of the nearby abbey of the Dames-de-Montmartre.HistoryThe station opened on 31 October 1912 as part of the extension of the Nord-Sud company's line A from Pigalle to Jules Joffrin. On 27 March 1931, line A became line 12 of the Métro. The RATP has recently completed a major renovation of this station, which has returned it to its splendid original Nord-Sud condition.Station layoutDesignThe station's entrance, designed by Hector Guimard (1867–1942), is one of only two original glass-covered Guimard entrances, called édicules (kiosks), left in Paris (the other is located at Porte Dauphine, while a third, replica édicule exists at Châtelet). Though a Guimard original, the édicule at Abbesses was originally located at Hôtel de Ville but was transferred to its current location in 1974. The entrance is technically anachronistic, since line 12 of the Paris metro was built by a competing firm, the Nord-Sud Company, which did not hire Guimard but engaged other architects to design its stations and station entrances.

Rue Guy Môquet
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre, 75058 Paris - Francia
Paris, France 75058

<>

Espace saint Martin
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
199bis rue Saint-Martin
Paris, France 75003

01 44 54 38 54

Rue de Monceau 75008
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
89, rue moncaeu, Paris, França
Paris, France 75008

<>

Embassy of Poland, Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
1, rue de Talleyrand
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade de Pologne en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République de Pologne auprès de la République française. Elle est située au 1 rue de Talleyrand, dans le arrondissement de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2015, Andrzej Byrt.BâtimentL'ambassade est située rue de Talleyrand, à Paris.La résidence de l'ambassadeur se trouve à quelques mètres dans l'hôtel de Monaco. Il s'agit d'un hôtel particulier du faubourg Saint-Germain à Paris. Situé près des Invalides, l'accès se fait rue Saint-Dominique par une allée privée. Il est construit en 1774 par Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart sur commande de Marie-Catherine Brignole qui vient de divorcer du prince Honoré III de Monaco. Après la Révolution française, le bâtiment abrite notamment l'ambassade d'Autriche. Il est ensuite largement modifié sous la monarchie de Juillet par William Williams-Hope.

Sur Ma Route...
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Champs Elysées
Paris, France 19310

<>

Portugal
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Paradis
Paris, France

<>

Paris Rue de Chaillot
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
47 rue de chaillot
Paris, France 75116

0967256746

Mabillon
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
164 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75006

+33 (0)1 43 26 62 93

Mabillon is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the heart of the Left Bank and the 6th arrondissement.The station opened on 10 March 1925 as part of the line's extension from Croix Rouge (a station between Sèvres - Babylone and Mabillon, which was closed during World War II). It was the eastern teminus of the line until its extension to Odéon on 14 April 1926. It is named after the nearby street, Rue Mabillon, which in turn is named after Jean Mabillon (1632–1707), a Benedictine monk and scholar, considered the founder of palaeography and diplomatics, who died nearby.The station is close to Saint-Germain-des-Prés on Paris Métro Line 4, but there is no free transfer between the two stations.

Диснейленд Париж Франция
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Марн-ля-Вале
Paris, France

<>

Paul
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-André-des-Arts
Paris, France 75006

<>

Restaurant Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
251 rue Saint-Honoré
Paris, France 75001

+33 1 70 98 78 88

Mandarin Oriental, Paris offers its guests a true Parisian experience complete with innovative cuisine by award-winning chef, Thierry Marx, along with an extensive holistic Asian-inspired Spa and a luxuriant landscaped garden perfect for outdoor dining throughout the year.

Hotel Scribe Paris managed by Sofitel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0)1 44 71 24 24

Quintessential symbol of Parisian life, the Hotel Sofitel Paris Scribe was once home to the elite Jockey Club. Here, in 1895, the Lumière brothers invented the cinema ! Over the years, many icons such as Josephine Baker made this their headquarters. The interior design by Jacques Grange embodies the lavish Parisian spirit and style. The incomparable service and refined art de vivre await you in the sumptuous 19th century architecture. 195 rooms and 18 suites - Gastronomic restaurant Le Lumière - Bar L'Obscur - Tearoom - Keirao Spa - 18 meeting rooms - Art gallery - Valet parking

Elephant Paname
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 rue Volney
Paris, France 75002

Tél. 01 49 27 83 33

Eléphant Paname, nouveau centre d'art et de danse parisien. Eléphant Paname, c’est 500 m2 de salons prestigieux pour accueillir des expositions, des installations, des performances, des défilés, des conférences, des concerts, des spectacles... Éléphant Paname, c’est aussi 500 m2 de studios ultra équipés, destinés aux compagnies et cours de danse, aux chorégraphes, acteurs, metteurs en scène, directeurs de casting, musiciens, clowns... Éléphant Paname, c’est enfin un restaurant de qualité et de partage, à la fois gastronomique et accessible. C’est aussi un salon de thé où l’on s’attarde... On veut y vivre, y créer, y songer, y refaire le monde.

American Dream
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
21 rue Daunou
Paris, France 75002

01 42 60 99 89

Fauchon, Madeline...Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
24 & 31 place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

01 70 39 38 00

American Dream
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
21 Rue Daunou
Paris, France 75002

01 42 60 99 89

Lavinia France
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
3 boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75001

01 42 97 20 20

Venez nous rendre visite : * Magasin ouvert du lundi au samedi de 10h à 20h30 pour la Madeleine et 10h à 20h pour le CNIT http://bit.ly/1JGUSYD * "Restaurant des vins" ouvert - Service continu de 12h à 21h pour la Madeleine et 12h à 15h puis 15h à 20h en Bar à Vins pour le CNIT http://bit.ly/X7C9ku Contactez nous : LAVINIA 3, Boulevard de la Madeleine Paris, France 75001 * 01 42 97 20 20 * [email protected] LAVINIA La Défense Centre Commercial le CNIT 2, Place de la Défense 92800 Puteaux * 01 40 90 43 21 * [email protected]

Goumard
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
9 Rue Duphot
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 36 07

A deux pas de la Madeleine, du Jardin des Tuileries et de la place Vendôme, le restaurant Goumard, un des meilleurs restaurants de produits de la mer de Paris, vous ouvre ses portes. Il vous laisse découvrir le charme subtil d’un établissement centenaire récemment rénové avec goût. De ce mariage entre des boiseries en chêne d’origine, une façade de verre gravée à l’acide et au sable de 1930, un mobilier moderne et confortable ou encore des lustres et rivières de lumière dessinés et taillés par Lalique, se dégage l’ambiance particulière et raffinée d’un paquebot transatlantique d’antan en plein coeur de Paris.

Bertie
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 rue Édouard VII
Paris, France 75009

0153055055

Frog Hop House
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 rue des Capucines
Paris, France 75002

01 42 36 18 34

Capucine Café La Brasserie
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
39 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75002

0142611471

Au cœur du deuxième arrondissement de Paris, le restaurant Café Capucine vous accueille dans un cadre moderne et chaleureux. Nous proposons une cuisine française traditionnelle qui change avec les saisons, et uniquement compose des meilleurs produits frais. Notre objectif est de permettre à nos clients de profiter d’un cadre agréable où manger à Paris. Les 45 membres de l’équipe du Capucine Café se mobilisent pour vous accueillir sept jours par semaine, en service continu de midi à minuit. Venez découvrir notre menu à la carte, notre formule à 19,50 €, ou tout simplement vous arrêter un moment pour une pause déjeuner.

La Madeline Church
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

01 44 51 69 00

Lucas Carton Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
9 Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

0142652290

Une cuisine aux multiples visages, des hommes, le produit, le vin ; la passion et la transmission pour un dessein commun : l’accord met-vin que l’on pense idéal. La Table Lucas Carton, c’est avant tout une immersion dans deux cultures croisées, celle du produit et celle du vin ; comme le producteur prend le temps de cultiver, le chef se doit d’exercer le passage de témoin entre lui et le client. La carte évolue au gré des saisons, avec une cuisine technique nourrie d’influences exotiques.

Hotel Indigo Paris - Opera
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Edouard VII
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0)1 44 80 00 32

Welcome to Hotel Indigo Paris – Opera, the first Hotel Indigo in France ! Located just next to Place de l’Opéra, in a thriving business area, Hotel Indigo Paris - Opera is a modern interpretation of the authentic Parisian style. Located in a peaceful square yet in a central location near the Olympia Music Hall, Madeleine and the Opera Garnier, our 4-star hotel is in walking distance from Place Vendôme, Rue Saint-Honoré and the Champs-Elysées. The Hotel Indigo Paris – Opera with its 57 vibrant, very spacious and fully renovated rooms and suites is the ideal shelter for your ultimate shopping experience. Luxury fashion boutiques, art galleries, the Galleries La Fayette and Printemps department stores and many acclaimed restaurants all dot this area. The Louvre Museum and its Tuileries gardens are also within easy reach from our hotel. The Hotel Indigo Paris – Opera offers a unique Restaurant and Wine Bar concept where surprising food and wine pairing is our main goal. On a sunny day why not enjoy our delicious food and a glass of wine on the terrace? Our team look forward to welcoming you in Fall 2014

Capucines
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
3 Boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75011

+33 1 42 68 11 2

Le Village Costes
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
7 Cité Berryer
Paris, France 75008

La Maison du Chocolat
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
8 Boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75009

01 47 42 86 52

GOUST d'Enrico Bernardo
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10, rue Volney
Paris, France 75002

01 40 15 20 30

GOUST is a unique restaurant of Mediterranean-inspired gastronomic wonders, where the client chooses the dish and the sommelier the wine. All one has to do is close his eyes and let himself be guided by these enchanters, master sommeliers at the service of grand cuisine, who light the flame of our pleasure in the wineglass. A well-chosen wine is a partner in pleasures that do not stop at the edge of the plate. Here, one remembers, the magic happens every time with the exultation, the harmony, and the balance of savours, culminating in a love story between the solid and its fluid, one that arouses the senses.

Chez Edouard Restaurant - 7, Place Edouard VII 75009, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
7 Place Edouard VII
Paris, France 75009

<>

le Petit Vendôme
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8, Rue des Capucines
Paris, France 75001

01 42 61 05 88

Street Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Champs Elysées Arc de Triomphe
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
avenue des champs élysées
Paris, France 75008

Grande Roue de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75001

Boulevard Haussmann
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France Paris

Olympia
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
24 Boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France

O Olympia é a mais antiga sala de espectáculos musicais de Paris, situada no nr. 28 da Boulevard des Capucines, no 9º bairro da capital francesa.

Louve
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75001

Boulevard Haussmann
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France [email protected]

<>

Boulevard Malesherbes
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Malesherbes
Paris, France 75017

<>

Christian Louboutin Saint Honoré
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
68 Rue Faubourg Saint Honoré
Paris, France 75008

0800945804

Grands Boulevards
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
9 Rue d'Uzes
Paris, France 75009

0771109300

Grands Boulevards is a station on lines 8 and 9 of the Paris Métro. The section of lines 8 and 9 from just east of Richelieu - Drouot to west of République was built under the Grand Boulevards, which replaced the Louis XIII wall and is in soft ground, which was once the course of the Seine. The lines are built on two levels, with line 8 on the higher level and line 9 in the lower level. The platforms are at the sides and the box containing the lines and supporting the road above is strengthened by a central wall between the tracks. There is no interconnection between the lines at Grands Boulevards, with each level having different accesses to the street.The station was opened on 5 May 1931 with the extension of line 8 from Richelieu - Drouot to Porte de Charenton. The line 9 platforms were opened on 10 December 1933 with the extension of the line from Richelieu - Drouot to Porte de Montreuil. Until 1998 the station was called Rue Montmartre. It was renamed to reflect the programme of the former Mayor of Paris, Jean Tiberi, to upgrade the main Boulevards of Paris and because the old name suggested that the station was in the Montmartre district, misleading tourists.

A paris, sous la tour Eiffel.
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue de l´Université
Paris, France 75007

<>

Rue Royale
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Royale
Paris, France 75008

<>

Musée du parfum Fragonard
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
9 Rue Scrib
Paris, France 75009

<>

Bld Haussmann
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75008

<>

Boulevard Poissonnière
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Poissonnière
Paris, France

<>

Rue Caumartin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Caumartin
Paris, France 75009

<>

Place de la Bourse
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Réaumur
Paris, France 75002

<>

Rue de Verneuil
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Verneuil
Paris, France 75007

<>

Rue Du Mail
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Du Mail
Paris, France 75002

<>

Rue de Rome
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rome
Paris, France 75008

<>

Boulevard des Italiens
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard des Italiens
Paris, France 75002

Le boulevard des Italiens est une voie située à la lisière des 2 et 9 arrondissements de Paris. Il fait partie de la chaîne des grands boulevards constituée, d'ouest en est, par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Il est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Richelieu-Drouot.

Landmark Near Boulevard de la Madeleine

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, France

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le arrondissement de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, France 75009

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Salon Indien du Grand Café
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
14 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France

Le Salon Indien du Grand Café was a room in the basement of the Grand Café, on the Boulevard des Capucines near the Place de l'Opéra in the center of Paris. It is notable for being the place that hosted the very first public moviescreening, on December 28, 1895, consisting in ten short clips presented by the Lumière brothers. These short films clips (in order of presentation), were:La Sortie de l'Usine Lumière à Lyon (literally, "the exit from the Lumière factory in Lyon", or, under its more common English title, Workers Leaving the Lumiere Factory), 46 secondsLe Jardinier (l'Arroseur Arrosé) ("The Gardener", or "The Sprinkler Sprinkled"), 49 secondsLe Débarquement du Congrès de Photographie à Lyon ("the disembarkment of the Congress of Photographers in Lyon"), 48 secondsLa Voltige ("Horse Trick Riders"), 46 secondsLa Pêche aux poissons rouges ("fishing for goldfish"), 42 secondsLes Forgerons ("Blacksmiths"), 49 secondsRepas de bébé ("Baby's Breakfast" (lit. "baby's meal")), 41 secondsLe Saut à la couverture ("Jumping Onto the Blanket"), 41 secondsLa Places des Cordeliers à Lyon ("Cordeliers Square in Lyon"—a street scene), 44 secondsLa Mer (Baignade en mer) ("the sea "), 38 seconds Currently, the building standing at No. 14 Boulevard des Capucines is the Hotel Scribe, which opened a restaurant called 'Café Lumière', in memory of its history. The Grand Cafe Capucines located at No. 4 is a successor to the original further along the boulevard.

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, France 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Charvet Place Vendôme
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 place Vendôme
Paris, France 75001

+33142603070

Charvet Place Vendôme, pronounced, or simply Charvet, is a French high-end shirt maker and tailor located at 28 Place Vendôme in Paris. It designs, produces and sells bespoke and ready-to-wear shirts, neckties, blouses, pyjamas and suits, in the Paris store and internationally through luxury retailers.The world's first ever shirt shop, Charvet was founded in 1838. Since the 19th century, it has supplied bespoke shirts and haberdashery to kings, princes and heads of state. It has acquired an international reputation for the high quality of its products, the level of its service and the wide range of its designs and colors. Thanks to the renown of its ties, charvet has become a generic name for a certain type of silk fabric used for ties.Its exceptionally long history is associated with many famous customers, some of them infatuated with the brand. Also, writers have often expressed their characters' identity through references to Charvet.

Hôtel de la Marine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Royale
Paris, France 75008

The hôtel de la Marine is a building on place de la Concorde in Paris, to the east of Rue Royale. It was built between 1757 and 1774 on what was then known as place Louis XV, with a façade by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, Premier architecte du Roi and designer of the square. The identical building to its west now houses the Hôtel de Crillon.The building works were led by Jacques-Germain Soufflot. Its two pediments contain allegories of Magnificence and Felicity by Guillaume II Coustou and Michel-Ange Slodtz. It originally belonged wholly to the crown, at first being used by the Garde-Meuble, whose galleries were open to the public from 9 am to 1 pm on the first Tuesday of each month between Easter and All Saints' Day. It also housed a chapel, a library, workshops, stables and many apartments, including those of the intendant of the Garde-Meuble – at first Pierre Élisabeth de Fontanieu then Marc-Antoine Thierry de Ville-d'Avray .When the Government was forced to join Louis XVI in quitting Versailles and setting up in the palais des Tuileries, the secrétaire d'État à la Marine, César Henri de la Luzerne, was hosted at the Garde-Meuble by his cousin Thierry de Ville d'Avray. Thus, from 1789, it housed the naval ministry. Led by admiral Decrès, the ministry considerably expanded its offices until it occupied the whole building.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Printemps
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
64 boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 1 42 82 62 76

Printemps is a French department store . The Printemps stores focus on beauty, lifestyle, fashion, accessories, and men's wear.HistoryPrintemps was founded in 1865 by Jules Jaluzot and Jean-Alfred Duclos. The store was designed by noted architects Jules and Paul Sédille and opened at the corner of Le Havre and Boulevard Haussmann, in Paris, France on 3 November 1865. The building was greatly expanded in 1874, and elevators (then a great novelty) from the 1867 Universal Exposition were installed. Rebuilt after a fire in 1881, the store became the first to use electric lighting, in 1888. (Customers could observe the workings of the power plant behind a glass wall.) It was also one of the first department stores with direct subway access, the Metro being connected in 1904.The policies of Printemps revolutionized retail business practices. The store marked items with set prices and eschewed the haggling based on customer appearance that had previously been standard in retail shopping. Like other '' (literally "big store", department store), Printemps used the economies of scale to provide high quality goods at prices that the expanding middle class could afford. They also pioneered the idea of discount sales to clear out dated stocks, and later the use of window models to display the latest fashions. Printemps was noted for its branding innovations as well, handing out bouquets of violets on the first day of each Spring and championing the new Art Nouveau style, with its nature inspired motifs.

Chapelle expiatoire
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
29 rue Pasquier, 69008 PARIS
Paris, France 75008

(33) 01 44 54 19 33

The Chapelle expiatoire is a chapel located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France. This chapel is dedicated to Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette, although they are formally buried in the Basilica of St Denis.The closest métro station is Saint-Augustin 15px 15pxHistory and constructionThe chapel was designed in 1816 by the French Neo-Classical architect Pierre François Léonard Fontaine, who, with his partner Charles Percier, figured among Napoleon's favourite architects. Fontaine's assistant Louis-Hippolyte Lebas oversaw the construction. The chapel was partly constructed on the grounds of the former Madeleine Cemetery, where King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette had been buried after they had been guillotined.King Louis XVIII shared the 3 million livres expense of building the Chapelle expiatoire with the Duchess of Angoulême. Construction took ten years, and the chapel was inaugurated in 1826 in the presence of King Charles X. When he blessed the cornerstone of the Chapelle expiatoire, Hyacinthe-Louis de Quelen, Archbishop of Paris, called in vain for an amnesty of the exiled members of the National Convention.

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75018

<>

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Rue d'Astorg
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue d'Astorg
Paris, France 75008

La rue d'Astorg est une voie du arrondissement de Paris. Elle commence rue de la Ville-l'Évêque et se termine place Saint-Augustin.HistoireComme la rue Roquépine (anc. rue Verte), la rue d'Astorg a été ouverte en vertu de lettres patentes du 4 mars 1774 entre la rue Roquépine et la rue de la Ville-l'Évêque sur d'anciens marais appartenant à Louis d'Astorg d'Aubarède, marquis de Roquépine (1714-1782).Par lettres patentes du 24 juillet 1778, la rue d'Astorg fut prolongée vers le nord afin d'offrir aux Gardes-Françaises casernées rue Neuve-Saint-Charles (act. rue de la Pépinière) un passage facile vers les Champs-Élysées où ils faisaient leur exercice, en coupant à travers ces marécages et en évitant ainsi d'abimer les cultures. Cette nouvelle partie de la rue fut pavée en vertu d'un arrêt du Conseil du 28 mars 1780.Quelques années après, une troisième section fut ouverte sous le nom de rue Maison-Neuve, entre la rue de la Pépinière (act. rue La Boétie) et la rue de la Voirie, aujourd'hui disparue et qui desservait la voirie au Nord-Ouest parisien (act. place Henri-Bergson). Incorporée à la rue d'Astorg en 1840, cette dernière section a disparu en 1854 pour permettre le percement du boulevard Malesherbes.

Élysée Palace
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
55 rue du Faubourg St-Honoré
Paris, France 75008

The Élysée Palace has been the official residence of the President of the French Republic since 1848. Dating to the early 18th century, it contains the office of the President and the meeting place of the Council of Ministers. It is located near the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, the name Élysée deriving from Elysian Fields, the place of the blessed dead in Greek mythology.Important foreign visitors are hosted at the nearby Hôtel de Marigny, a palatial residence.HistoryThe architect Armand-Claude Molet possessed a property fronting on the road to the village of Roule, west of Paris (now the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré), and backing onto royal property, the Grand Cours through the Champs-Élysées. He sold this in 1718 to Louis Henri de La Tour d'Auvergne, Count of Évreux (families: Dukes and Princes of Bouillon and Sedan: La Marck | von der Marck), with the agreement that Mollet would construct an hôtel particulier for the count, fronted by an entrance court and backed by a garden. The Hôtel d'Évreux was finished and decorated by 1722, and though it has undergone many modifications since, it remains a fine example of the French classical style. At the time of his death in 1753, Évreux was the owner of one of the most widely admired houses in Paris, and it was bought by King Louis XV as a residence for the Marquise de Pompadour, his mistress. Opponents showed their distaste for the regime by hanging signs on the gates that read: "Home of the King's whore". After her death, it reverted to the crown.

Place des Pyramides
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de pyramides
Paris, France

La place des Pyramides est une place située dans le quartier du Palais-Royal du arrondissement de Paris. Coupant la rue de Rivoli, elle se trouve à la hauteur du jardin des Tuileries, et au bout de la rue des Pyramides.HistoriqueAncienne place de Rivoli, ouverte par arrêté du 17 vendémiaire an X, la place des Pyramides a reçu son nom actuel par l’arrêté du.L’ancien et le nouveau nom sont dus respectivement à la proximité de la rue de Rivoli et de celle des Pyramides. Le nom actuel commémore la campagne d'Égypte menée par le général Bonaparte en 1798.Sites particuliersLa statue de Jeanne d’Arc en bronze doré présente sur cette place a été réalisée par Emmanuel Frémiet en 1874.En ces lieux s'élevait aux et s une académie d'équitation tenue par Antoine de Pluvinel, écuyer d'Henri III, Henri IV et Louis XIII. Elle constitue le premier foyer de l'école classique d'équitation. Une plaque, apposée au-dessus de la porte d'entrée du restaurant de l’hôtel Régina, Le Pluvinel rappelle cet événement.La place accueille l'entrée principale de l'hôtel Régina.

Jeanne d'Arc (Frémiet)
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place des Pyramides
Paris, France 75001

Jeanne d'Arc is a gilded bronze equestrian sculpture of Joan of Arc by Emmanuel Frémiet inaugurated in 1874.HistoryThe original statue was commissioned by the French government after the defeat of the country in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War. It is the only public commission of the state from 1870 to 1914, called the Golden Age of statuary in Paris, the other statues were funded by private subscriptions.The sculptor took as his model Aimée Girod (1856–1937), a young woman from Domrémy, Joan of Arc's village in Lorraine.The statue was inaugurated in 1874. The pedestal was designed by the architect Paul Abadie.The artist, who made another version of the monument for the city of Nancy in 1889, replaced the horse of the Parisian monument 10 years later by a copy of the smaller Nancy one, which earned him criticism.The monument was classified as a historic monument on March 31, 1992.Reviving a tradition from the far-right leagues, on every May Day, the National Front holds an annual ceremony in her honour at the statue.LocationsThe original work is located at the Place des Pyramides, in Paris, near where Joan of Arc was wounded during her failed attempt to take Paris.Other copies can be seen at: Nancy, France, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, Melbourne, Australia.

Boulevard des Italiens
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard des Italiens
Paris, France 75002

Le boulevard des Italiens est une voie située à la lisière des 2 et 9 arrondissements de Paris. Il fait partie de la chaîne des grands boulevards constituée, d'ouest en est, par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Il est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Richelieu-Drouot.

Rameau
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
7 rue Rameau
Paris, France 75002

Rue de Marivaux
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
11 Bd Des Italiens
Paris, France 75002

01 42 96 40 66

La rue de Marivaux est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de Marivaux est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 4 rue Grétry et se termine au 11 boulevard des Italiens.Origine du nomLa rue porte le nom de l'écrivain Pierre de Marivaux.HistoriqueC'est une des rues percées vers l'an 1784, par lettres-patentes à la date du 18 février 1780. Celles-ci indiquent qu'il sera ouvert aux frais de Étienne-François duc de Choiseul-Amboise et de son épouse, sur le terrain de leur hôtel et jardin.Elle fut dénommée rue de Marivaux-des-Italiens pour la différencier de la Petite rue Marivaux de la Grande rue Marivaux et de la rue Marivaux-des-Lombards.Bâtiments remarquables et lieux de mémoireLe peintre espagnol Francisco de Goya habita au n° 5 de cette rue quelques mois en 1824.AnnexesArticle connexe Liste des voies du arrondissement de Paris

Théâtre des Tuileries
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
10 rue Saint Hyacinthe
Paris, France 75001

The Théâtre des Tuileries was a theatre in the former Tuileries Palace in Paris. It was also known as the Salle des Machines, because of its elaborate stage machinery, designed by the Italian theatre architects Gaspare Vigarani and his two sons, Carlo and Lodovico. Constructed in 1659–1661, it was originally intended for spectacular productions mounted by the court of the young Louis XIV, but in 1763 the theatre was greatly reduced in size and used in turn by the Paris Opera (up to 1770), the Comédie-Française (from 1770 to 1782), and the Théâtre de Monsieur (from January to December 1789). In 1808 Napoleon had a new theatre/ballroom built to the designs of the architects Percier and Fontaine. The Tuileries Palace and the theatre were destroyed by fire on 24 May 1871, during the Paris Commune.Salle des MachinesThe auditorium, designed and decorated by the architects Charles Errard, Louis Le Vau, and François d'Orbay, was housed in a pavilion located at the north end of the palace as originally built by the architect Philibert de l'Orme for Catherine de Médicis. Estimates of its seating capacity range from 6,000 to 8,000. The unusually deep stage was located in a gallery situated between the auditorium and a new, more northern pavilion, later designated as the.