EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Place Saint-Sulpice, Paris | Tourist Information


Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, France 75006


La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

City Near Place Saint-Sulpice

Denfert-Rochereau
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
5, avenue du Général Leclerc
Paris, 75014

Denfert-Rochereau is a station on the Paris Métro in France. An adjacent station with the same name is served by RER B.The station opened on 24 April 1906 with the opening of the extension of line 2 Sud from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 line 2 Sud became part of line 5. On 12 October 1942 the section of line 5 between Étoile and Place d'Italie, including Denfert-Rochereau, was transferred from line 5 to line 6 in order to separate the underground and elevated sections of the metro (because the latter were more vulnerable to air attack during World War II). The line 4 platforms were opened on 30 October 1909 when the southern section of line 4 was opened between Raspail and Porte d'Orléans.NameThe name of the station refers to Place Denfert-Rochereau, named for the 19th‑century general Pierre Philippe Denfert-Rochereau, who led the resistance of Belfort to a siege during the Franco-Prussian War. The first part of the name is identical in pronunciation to its former name of Place d'Enfer ("Place of Hell"). It is the location of the Barrière d’Enfer, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and is one of only four of the 55 gates with any surviving remains. The station is sub-titled Colonel Rol-Tanguy, after Henri Rol-Tanguy, a leader in the French Resistance during World War II.

The Parisian Catacombs, Paris, France
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
1 avenue de colonel Henri roll tanguy 75014 Paris
Paris, 75014

Paris Observatory
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
61 avenue de l'Observatoire
Paris, 75014

01 40 51 22 21

The Paris Observatory is the foremost astronomical observatory of France, and one of the largest astronomical centers in the world. Its historic building is to be found on the Left Bank of the Seine in central Paris, but most of the staff works on a satellite campus in the Meudon suburb of Paris.ConstitutionAdministratively, it is a grand établissement of the French Ministry of National Education, with a status close to that of a public university. Its missions include: research in astronomy and astrophysics; education (four graduate programs, Ph.D. studies); diffusion of knowledge to the public. It maintains a solar observatory at Meudon and a radio astronomy observatory at Nançay. It was also the home to the International Time Bureau until its dissolution in 1987.HistoryIts foundation lies in the ambitions of Jean-Baptiste Colbert to extend France's maritime power and international trade in the 17th century. Louis XIV promoted its construction, which was started in 1667 and completed in 1671. It thus predates by a few years the Royal Greenwich Observatory in England, which was founded in 1675. The architect of the Paris Observatory was Claude Perrault whose brother, Charles, was secretary to Colbert and superintendent of public works. Optical instruments were supplied by Giuseppe Campani. The buildings were extended in 1730, 1810, 1834, 1850, and 1951. The last extension incorporates the spectacular Meridian Room designed by Jean Prouvé.

Grenoble
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
16 rue de l'arbre sec
Grenoble, 38000

Grenoble
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
16 rue de l'arbre sec
Grenoble, 38000

Chateau De Versailles , France
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue De L'échelle
Versailles, 78000

ParisIntense
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
44 rue Monge
Paris, 75005

0975783399

Abbey of St Genevieve
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Paris 5eme
Paris,

The Abbey of St Genevieve was a monastery in Paris, suppressed at the time of the French Revolution.

Sainte-Barbe Library
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
4, rue Valette
Paris, 75005

01 56 81 76 00

La bibliothèque Sainte-Barbe est une bibliothèque interuniversitaire parisienne. Elle est située depuis son ouverture en 2009 dans les bâtiments de l'ancien collège Sainte-Barbe qui font l’objet d’une inscription au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.HistoriqueLe collège Sainte-Barbe a été fondé en 1460 par Geoffroy Lenormant. Dirigée par Ernest Lheureux, un élève de Théodore Labrouste, la construction des bâtiments Chartière et Valette est entreprise entre 1881 et 1884. Datant de 1936, la construction de l'aile Écosse par Daniel Lionel et Raoul Brandon est achevée en 1939.La transformation de Sainte-Barbe en bibliothèque s’inscrit dans le cadre du plan U3M (Universités pour le troisième millénaire), schéma de développement de l’enseignement supérieur et de la recherche de la région Île-de-France.Le service inter-établissements de coopération documentaire Sainte-Barbe a été créé officiellement par le décret 2004-1121 du 14 octobre 2004. Les universités Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris 3 et Paris Sorbonne-Paris 4 sont ses quatre universités cocontractantes. Elle est rattachée administrativement à l’université Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris 3.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Poisy
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
poisy
Paris,

New York University Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
57 boulevard saint germain
Paris, 75005

+33 (0)1 53 73 28 00

New York University in Paris est l’antenne française de New York University (NYU). NYU in Paris a été fondée en 1969 par le Professeur Thomas Bishop, Directeur du Center for French Civilization and Culture de NYU, pour permettre aux étudiants de cette université de poursuivre une partie de leur cursus universitaire à Paris. NYUF accueille chaque année près de 600 étudiants de NYU en cours de Licence, Master ou Doctorat, tous désireux d’approfondir leur connaissance de la culture et de la civilisation françaises au sein du centre universitaire américain le plus important de Paris.

NYU Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
57 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, 75005

+33 1 53 73 28 00

Catherine Labouré
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
basilique médaille miraculeuse
Paris,

Saint Catherine Labouré, D.C.. (May 2, 1806 - December 31, 1876) (born Zoé Labouré) was a member of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul and a Marian visionary who relayed the request from the Blessed Virgin Mary to create the Miraculous Medal worn by millions of Christians, both Roman Catholic and Protestant.LifeShe was born in the Burgundy region of France to Pierre Labouré, a farmer, and Louise Madeleine Gontard, the ninth of 11 living children. Catherine's mother died on October 9, 1815, when Catherine was just nine years old. It is said that after her mother's funeral, Catherine picked up a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and kissed it saying, "Now you will be my mother." Her father's sister offered to care for his two youngest children, Catherine and Tonine. After he agreed, the sisters moved to their aunt's house at Saint-Rémy, a village nine kilometers from their home.She was extremely devout, of a somewhat romantic nature, given to visions and intuitive insights. As a young woman, she became a member of the nursing order founded by Saint Vincent de Paul. She chose the Daughters of Charity after a dream about St. Vincent De Paul.VisionsVincent de PaulIn April 1830, the remains of St. Vincent de Paul were translated to the Vincentian church in Paris. The solemnities included a novena. On three successive evenings, upon returning from the church to the Rue du Bac, Catherine reportedly experienced in the convent chapel, a vision of what she took to be the heart of St. Vincent above a shrine containing a relic of bone from his right arm. Each time the heart appeared a different color, white, red, and crimson. She interpreted this to mean that the Vincentian communities would prosper, and that there would be a change of government. The convent chaplain advised her to forget the matter.

Patrick Roger, MOF Chocolatier
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard St Germain 108, Paris, France
Paris, 75006

Boulevard De Sant Germain De Près
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jacob
Paris,

Auberge Du Moulin
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
22 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, 75005

01 43 54 18 13

Saint-Michel (Paris Métro)
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

Saint-Michel is a station on Line 4 of the Paris Métro in the 5th arrondissement. Located in the Quartier Latin, it offers a connection to the St-Michel - Notre-Dame RER station on RER lines B and C. The platform lengths are 110 metres, longer than the 90–105 metre length of most line 4 station platforms.The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. It is named after the Boulevard Saint-MichelNearby attractions Île de la Cité Île Saint-Louis Notre Dame Cathedral

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Michel
Paris, 75006

The Place Saint-Michel is a public square in the Latin Quarter, on the borderline between the fifth and sixth arrondissements of Paris, France. It lies on the left bank of the river Seine facing the Île de la Cité, to which it is linked by the Pont Saint-Michel.DescriptionThe northern end of the Place Saint-Michel, the end closer to the river, is on the left-bank side of the Pont Saint-Michel, which crosses sixty-two metres of water to reach the island, Île de la Cité. At this point, the Place Saint-Michel is formed by the convergence of four streets: two quais along the Seine, the Quai Saint-Michel and the Quai des Grands-Augustins, and the Boulevard Saint-Michel and the Rue Danton, which arrive at angles.As one proceeds southward along the Rue Danton, addresses on either side of the street are 'Place Saint-Michel' addresses. This continues until one approaches the Rue Saint-André des Arts, which enters from the right, when the addresses become 'Place Saint-André des Arts' addresses. Only south of this place, is the name, Rue Danton, applied. So, one may suppose that the southern end of the Place Saint-Michel is on the street that becomes Rue Danton, about sixty metres north of the intersection with the Rue Saint-André des Arts.The Place Saint-Michel was enlarged, as part of Baron Haussmann's restructuring of Paris, to form a suitable bridgehead for the new, wider Pont Saint-Michel.

Paul Rue De Buci
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
77 Rue de Seine
Paris, 75006

Ambassade d'Italie en France
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
51, rue de Varenne
Paris, 75007

L'ambassade d'Italie en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République italienne auprès de la République française. Elle est située dans l'hôtel de Boisgelin au 51 rue de Varenne à Paris. Son ambassadeur est, depuis le, Giandomenico Magliano.ConsulatsL’Italie possède des consulats généraux à Lille, Lyon, Metz, Nice, Paris, Toulouse et Marseille.Voir aussiArticles connexes Ministère des Affaires étrangères italien Ambassade de France en Italie Relations entre la France et l'ItalieLien externe ambparigi.esteri.it, site de l'ambassade d'Italie en France

Ville de Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel de Ville
Paris, 75004

3975

Ville de Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel de Ville
Paris, 75004

3975

Paris XII
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
130, avenue Daumesnil
Paris, 75012

Paris XII
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
130, avenue Daumesnil
Paris, 75012

Marrakech
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Marrakech, Morocco
Paris,

Human Hair Gabon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 95000

Human Hair Gabon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 95000

Landmark Near Place Saint-Sulpice

Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Paris, France 75006

Die Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs ist eine 1.010 Meter lange und 11,70 Meter breite Straße im 6. Arrondissement von Paris. Sie beginnt bei Nummer 125 der Rue de Rennes und endet bei Nummer 18 der Avenue de l’Observatoire.GeschichteDie Straße wurde ursprünglich als Weg zur Kapelle Notre-Dame des Champs angelegt und bezieht hieraus ihren heutigen Namen. Der Weg existierte nachweislich bereits im 14. Jahrhundert und war ursprünglich unter der Bezeichnung Chemin Herbu bekannt. Später firmierte die Straße als Rue du Barc, Chemin de Coupe Gorge (1670), Rue Neuve Notre-Dame des Champs und während der Revolution als Rue de la Montagne des Champs.VerkehrsanbindungIn unmittelbarer Nähe ihres Anfangs befindet sich die Station Saint-Placide, die von der Linie 4 der Pariser Métro bedient wird. Gut 200 Meter nach dem Beginn der Straße befindet sich an der Kreuzung zum Boulevard Raspail die zur Linie 12 der Pariser Métro gehörende Station Notre-Dame-des-Champs und in unmittelbarer Nähe ihres Endes die zur Linie B des Pariser Schnellbahnnetzes RER gehörende Station Port Royal.

Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
252 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a church in Paris, France in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained oround 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminar in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.Initial constructionThe surrounding population increased and the faithful became accustomed to pray in the chapel of the Benedictines. The monks found themselves inconvenienced and demanded the departure of the lay people. In 1582 the bishop then gave permission for construction of a church adjoining the monastery of Saint-Magloire. A small church was built in 1584, serving the parishes of Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Benoît and Saint-Médard. In this church the choir was oriented eastward, backing onto the rue Saint-Jacques. The church was entered through the monastery cemetery. A cemetery was opened in 1584 beside the original chapel, along today's rue de l’Abbé-de-l’Épée. It was closed in 1790. The original gallery organ was made by Vincent Coupeau, an organist of the parish, and was installed in 1628.

Institut océanographique de Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
195 Rue Saint Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 44 32 10 80

L’Institut océanographique de Paris, rebaptisé Maison des océans et de la biodiversité en 2011, est une institution fondée en 1906 par Albert , prince de Monaco, qui comprend également le Musée océanographique de Monaco.HistoireLe siège de l’Institut océanographique à Paris fut officiellement inauguré le, par le prince Albert et par le président de la république française, Armand Fallières. Le bâtiment de l’Institut est inscrit aux monuments historiques depuis un arrêté du.Il se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, aux abords du Quartier latin, au croisement des rues Saint-Jacques et rue Gay-Lussac, dans le « Campus Curie » qui regroupe d’autres institutions scientifiques, ancien domaine du couvent des Dames de Saint Michel, acquis par l’université de Paris avec le concours de l’État, de la ville de Paris et de SAS le prince Albert de Monaco, à qui l’université en l’inscrivant en tant que membre bienfaiteur lui céda un terrain de pour y bâtir le siège de la Fondation « Institut océanographique ».Pionnier de l’océanographie, Albert, veut, selon ses propres termes, en être le « propagateur ». Au retour de chacune de ses campagnes, le Prince Albert en présente les principaux résultats aux auditoires les plus qualifiés : Académie des sciences de Paris, dont il est élu membre, Société de biologie, Société zoologique de France, sociétés de géographie qui connaissent alors leur âge d’or dans toute l’Europe… et les universités populaires l’accueillent à plusieurs reprises.

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

Colorova
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
47 rue de l'Abbé-Grégoire
Paris, France 75006

0145446756

En quête de sensations visuelles et culinaires ? Colorova Néo- Salon de thé, pâtisserie, restaurant, lieu multi-couleur, multi-culturel, vous propose du mardi au vendredi ses formules incontournables: Petit déjeuner 9h-11h30 Déjeuner 12h15 jusqu'à 16h Tea time jusqu'à 18h Les Samedi et Dimanche : Brunch (réservation préférable) 11h jusqu'à 17h00 Tous les jours : Nos boissons chaudes (café MALANGO, sélection de Thés THEODOR Bio, chocolat maison..) et Fraîches (Thé glacé Maison, Jus frais, Citronnade, Limonade, lattés et frappés..) Notre signature : Les pâtisseries fines à consommer sur place ou à emporter La nouveauté : La formule à emporter Meatball Sandwich (A partir de septembre) Aux manettes du laboratoire de la rue de l’Abbé Grégoire le créatif Guillaume Gil, ancien pâtissier au Plaza Athénée sous la houlette de Christophe Michalak et à la Maison Blanche des frères Pourcel et son associée Charlotte Siles au service. Tous deux formés dans la prestigieuse école hôtelière Ferrandi, leur passion commune est de satisfaire vos papilles avec des produits frais, de qualité supérieure et de vous offrir un agréable moment dans leur univers atypique et chaleureux. Une invitation au voyage sensoriel..

Rue de Fleurus
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
27 Rue De Fleurus
Paris, France 75006

La rue de Fleurus est une voie située dans les quartiers Notre-Dame-des-Champs et de l'Odéon dans le arrondissement de Paris. La rue débouche sur le jardin du Luxembourg.HistoireLa rue figure sur un projet dressé par Chalgrin en 1779, avec les rues Madame et Jean-Bart. Le lotissement du quartier était donc déjà prévu sous l'Ancien Régime. Une impasse existait dès cette époque, s'étendant sur 104 mètres et se nommant cul-de-sac Notre-Dame-des-Champs. En 1790, elle est prolongée sur des terrains du jardin du Luxembourg, alors propriété de « Monsieur », futur Louis XVIII, sur le tracé de ce qui était jusqu'alors l'allée centrale du jardin. En 1795, à la suite d'une pétition lancée auprès de la population locale par le conseil municipal de l'arrondissement, elle prend le nom de Fleurus en souvenir de la victoire remportée contre les troupes autrichiennes le 26 juin 1794 à la bataille de Fleurus par le général Jourdan. C'est à partir de 1797 que des immeubles y sont bâtis.

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75006

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

École Nationale des Chartes
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
65 rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 75 00

The École nationale des chartes is a French grande école which specializes in historical sciences. It was founded in 1821 and was located first at the National Archives, then at the Palais de la Sorbonne (5th arrondissement). In October 2014, it moved to 65 rue de Richelieu (University of Paris II), opposite to the Richelieu-Louvois Site of the National Library of France. The school is administered by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research. It holds the status of grand établissement. Its students, who are recruited by competitive examination and hold the status of trainee civil servant2, receive the qualification of archivist-paleographer after completing a thesis. They generally go on to follow a career as heritage curators in the archive and visual fields, as library curators or as lecturers and researchers in the human and social sciences. In 2005, the school also introduced Master’s degrees, for which students were recruited based on an application file, and, in 2011, doctorates.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, France 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

I have a dream
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
q.latino 17
Paris, France 05012

5346789012

Brasserie Lipp
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
151, boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75006

Lipp est une brasserie située au 151, boulevard Saint-Germain, dans le arrondissement de Paris, en France. Elle décerne chaque année un prix littéraire, le Prix Cazes, du nom d'un de ses anciens propriétaires.HistoireC'est le 27 octobre 1880, que Léonard Lipp et son épouse Pétronille ouvrent leur brasserie boulevard Saint-Germain. Alsacien d'origine, Léonard Lipp a fui sa terre natale, devenue allemande, et se consacre à la préparation de cervelas rémoulade en entrée et de la choucroute en plat de résistance, arrosée des meilleures bières. Sa convivialité et des prix modestes lui font connaître un franc succès. La germanophobie lors de la Première Guerre mondiale l'oblige à prendre comme nouveau nom la Brasserie des Bords pendant quelques années.En juillet 1920, le bougnat Marcellin Cazes reprend l'établissement, qui était déjà fréquenté par quelques poètes comme Verlaine ou Apollinaire. Il le fait décorer avec des céramiques murales de Léon Fargues, les plafonds peints de Charly Garrey, les banquettes en moleskine marron. C'est en 1935 que Marcelin crééra le Prix Cazes, qui était originellement attribué chaque année à un auteur n'ayant jamais eu d'autre distinction littéraire, ce qui n'est plus le cas aujourd'hui. En 1955, Marcelin passe le flambeau à son fils Roger Cazes.

Étoile Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
22 rue Guillaume Apollinaire
Paris, France 75006

01 42 22 87 23

L'Étoile Saint-Germain-des-Prés, précédemment Le Saint-Germain-des-Prés, est une salle de cinéma indépendante, classée Art et Essai, située dans le 6 arrondissement de Paris au 22, rue Guillaume-Apollinaire près de la place Saint-Germain-des-Prés.HistoriqueLe cinéma est ouvert le, dans les locaux restructurés d'un ancien cabaret, sous le nom de Le Bilboquet avec la programmation du film Z de Costa-Gavras.En 1979, le cinéma est racheté par le groupe Olympic de Frédéric Mitterrand, qui le renomme Olympic Saint-Germain puis Le Saint-Germain-des-Prés.En 1988, à l'occasion de sa réfection, le cinéma est dédié au producteur français attitré de la Nouvelle Vague en prenant la dénomination « Salle Georges de Beauregard ».Dernière salle de cinéma du quartier de Saint-Germain-des-Prés, le Saint-Germain-des-Prés est aujourd'hui la propriété du groupe Etoile-Cinémas, géré par la famille Henochsberg.En sus de sa programmation exigeante de films en VO, le cinéma développe une offre d'animations variée. Tous les mois, le Ciné Quin accueille un artiste qui vient présenter son film culte. Le cinéma accueille aussi Cinémime, un rendez-vous familial articulé autour de la rencontre entre spectacle vivant et films courts des débuts de l'histoire du cinéma.

Rue Visconti
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
17-19 rue Visconti
Paris, France 75006

0771017588

La rue Visconti est une rue située dans le quartier Saint-Germain-des-Prés du 6 arrondissement de Paris.HistoireElle a été ouverte en 1540 sous le nom des Marais-Saint-Germain à travers le petit Pré-aux-Clercs et fut pendant le le refuge des protestants, dont Bernard Palissy. Ils y étaient si nombreux qu'elle fut surnommée la petite Genève, expression reprise par Agrippa d'Aubigné. Le refuge était assez sûr pour que les habitants de la rue soient épargnés lors du massacre de la Saint-Barthélemy. Elle a été renommée le 24 août 1864 en l'honneur de Louis Visconti, architecte de l'Empereur Napoléon III et auteur du tombeau de.Les maisons sont en majorité du, beaucoup d'entre elles ont conservé de beaux portails sculptés et de belles cours. Un des immeubles les plus remarquables aujourd'hui est l'hôtel de Ranes construit en 1660, au 21.DescriptionElle relie la rue Bonaparte à la rue de Seine, avec la rue des Beaux-Arts au Nord et la rue Jacob au Sud. C'est la plus longue des rues étroites de Paris.

École des beaux-arts
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
14 Rue Bonaparte
Paris, France 75006

01 47 03 50 00

Rockaberry
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 721000

Place du Pont-Neuf
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place du Pont Neuf
Paris, France 75001

La place du Pont-Neuf se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre le square du Vert-Galant et le pont Neuf. Une statue équestre d'Henri IV trône sur le pont Neuf.HistoriqueDescriptionVoir aussiBibliographie- la statue d'Henri IV sur le pont Neuf Geneviève Bresc-Bautier, Henri IV au Pont-Neuf, dans In Situ. Revue du patrimoine, 2010 ( lire en ligne ) Stéphanie Celle et Carlo Usai, Restauration de la statue de Henri IV, dans In Situ. Revue du patrimoine, 2010 ( lire en ligne ) Département de l'action culturelle et éducative et Archives nationales, Entre pratique inaugurale et trésor mémoriel : étude du contenu de la statue de Henri IV de 1818, dans In Situ. Revue du patrimoine, 2010 ( lire en ligne )

Institut de France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
23 Quai de Conti
Paris, France 75270

The Institut de France is a French learned society, grouping five académies, the most famous of which is the Académie française.The Institute, located in Paris, manages approximately 1,000 foundations, as well as museums and châteaux open for visit. It also awards prizes and subsidies, which amounted to a total of €5,028,190.55 for 2002. Most of these prizes are awarded by the Institute on the recommendation of the académies.HistoryThe Institut de France was established on 25 October 1795, by the French government.Académies Académie française (French Academy, concerning the French language) – initiated 1635, suppressed 1793, restored 1803 as a division of the institute. Académie des inscriptions et belles-lettres (Academy of Humanities) – initiated 1663. Académie des sciences (Academy of Sciences) – initiated 1666. Académie des beaux-arts (Academy of Fine Arts) – created 1816 as the merger of the Académie de peinture et de sculpture (Academy of Painting and Sculpture, initiated 1648) Académie de musique (Academy of Music, initiated 1669) and Académie d'architecture (Academy of Architecture, initiated 1671)