EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Palace of Versailles, Versailles | Tourist Information


Place d'armes
Versailles, France 78000

(33) 01 30 83 78 00

Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du au, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur, répartis en pièces, dont, actuellement, pièces de musée.Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur, contre environ avant la Révolution française, dont de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon, le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie (aujourd’hui détruite), une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.

Art Museum Near Palace of Versailles

Château de Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, 78140

+33 (0) 1 30 83 78 00

Appartement du roi
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles,

The appartement du roi or King's Apartment is the suite of rooms in the Palace of Versailles that served as the living quarters of Louis XIV. Overlooking the Marble Court. The number was reduced to seven after 1701 and to six in 1755.''Vestibule''The vestibule is paneled in marble and lighted by two windows that opened onto the cour royale. In 1701, in order to provide more light to the staircase, the south wall opposite the windows was opened, thus creating a loggia from the vestibule. During the latter part of Louis XIV’s reign, the Queen’s staircase and the vestibule served as entrance to the appartement du roi, the grand appartement de la reine, and the apartment of Madame de Maintenon.

Hall of Mirrors
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Chateau de Versailles
Versailles, 78000

01 30 83 78 00

The Hall of Mirrors is the central gallery of the Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France.As the principal and most remarkable feature of King Louis XIV of France's third building campaign of the Palace of Versailles, construction of the Hall of Mirrors began in 1678. To provide for the Hall of Mirrors as well as the salon de la guerre and the salon de la paix, which connect the grand appartement du roi with the grand appartement de la reine, architect Jules Hardouin Mansart appropriated three rooms from each apartment as well as the terrace that separated the two apartments.The principal feature of this hall is the seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows that overlook the gardens. Each arch contains twenty-one mirrors with a total complement of 357 used in the decoration of the galerie des glaces. The arches themselves are fixed between marble pilasters whose capitals depict the symbols of France. These gilded bronze capitals include the fleur-de-lys and the Gallic cockerel or rooster. Many of the other attributes of the Hall of Mirrors were lost to war for financial purposes, such as the silver table pieces and guéridons, which were melted by order of Louis XIV in 1689 to finance the War of the League of Augsburg.ConstructionIn the 17th century, mirrors were among the most expensive items to possess at the time; the Venetian Republic held the monopoly on the manufacture of mirrors. In order to maintain the integrity of his philosophy of mercantilism, which required that all items used in the decoration of Versailles be made in France, Jean-Baptiste Colbert enticed several workers from Venice to make mirrors at the Manufacture royale de glaces de miroirs. According to legend, in order to keep its monopoly, the government of the Venetian Republic sent agents to France to poison the workers whom Colbert had brought to France.

Musée Lambinet
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
54, boulevard de la Reine
Versailles, 78000

01 39 50 30 32

The Musée Lambinet is a municipal museum in Versailles telling the history of the town. Since 1932 it has been housed in the hôtel Lambinet, a hôtel particulier designed by Élie Blanchard, built in the second half of the 18th century by a part of the Clagny lake (drained in 1837) and left to the town of Versailles by the heirs of Victor Lambinet (a cousin of the painter Émile Lambinet) in 1929. It has been classed as a monument historique since 1944. Its garden façade has a sculpted pediment representing an allegorical figure of architecture.The museum has 35 rooms, some with period decor, in which collections on the town's history are displayed, such as furniture, ceramics and objets d'art as well as historic plans of the town and paintings, sculptures and other works of art by artists from the town (notably works by Jean-Antoine Houdon).PaintingsThe catalogue lists 542 works, plus 8 deposited at the municipal library and 2 at the hôtel de ville. Bibliography Peintures du musée Lambinet à Versailles, ed. Somogy et Musée Lambinet, 2005, s. l. (Italy), ISBN 2-85056-938-0.

Landmark Near Palace of Versailles

Galerie des Carrosses
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du jeu de paume
Versailles, France

Le galerie des Carrosses - anciennement musée des carrosses - est un musée situé à Versailles, en France, qui présente une collection de carrosses principalement du. Il est rattaché à l'établissement public du château, du musée et du domaine national de Versailles et logé dans la Grande Écurie.HistoriqueAprès que les carrosses aient été dispersés lors des grandes ventes révolutionnaires à l’issue de la Révolution française, ce musée est créé par le roi Louis-Philippe en 1833 lorsqu'il décide de transformer Versailles en musée de « toutes les gloires de France ». Il est alors installé à Trianon, dans un petit bâtiment construit à cet effet par Charles-Auguste Questel, architecte des bâtiments civils de Versailles.En 1978, le musée des Carrosses quitte le Trianon pour être transféré dans l'une des galeries de la Grande Écurie, site jusqu'alors occupé par diverses administrations et récupéré de haute lutte par le conservateur de Versailles de l'époque, Gérald Van der Kemp. Par la même occasion, le bâtiment vétuste de Questel, à Trianon, est démoli.Après travaux, le musée est définitivement rouvert au public en 1985.

Bosquet des Trois-Fontaines
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Palais de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

Le bosquet des Trois-Fontaines est un bosquet des jardins de Versailles.LocalisationIl est situé au nord de la terrasse, entre le bosquet de l'Arc-de-Triomphe et celui de Rond-vert, à proximité des bassins du Dragon et de Neptune.HistoireLe bosquet des Trois Fontaines a été dessiné en 1677 par Louis XIV et aménagé par son jardinier André Le Nôtre, à l'emplacement du bosquet du Berceau d'eau.Détruit à l'époque de Louis XVI, il a été reconstruit en 2004 grâce au mécénat de la société des amis de Versailles et à la participation financière de l'association The American friends of Versailles.DescriptionLe bosquet est composé de trois fontaines et de deux cascades alimentant l'eau de la fontaine supérieure à la fontaine inférieure. La fontaine inférieure est un bassin octogonal avec une vasque entourée de huit jets droits. La vasque possède aussi huit jets entourant un jet central (jamais représenté dans les peintures). Cette fontaine est surplombée de la cascade inférieure composée de deux bassins latéraux, ayant chacun trois jets, séparés par un escalier. La fontaine intermédiaire est un bassin carré encadré par quatre jets droits et composé de six jets qui se croisent en formant trois arceaux. Cette fontaine est dominée par la cascade supérieure, encadrée par deux escaliers.

La Boutique des Créateurs Versailles
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
33 rue de la Paroisse
Versailles, France 78000

La Boutique des Créateurs c'est une quinzaine de créateurs qui présentent leur nouvelle collection pendant un mois. Les créateurs présentent des produits et articles fabriqués de façon artisanale en petites séries ou en pièces uniques. Vous ne trouvez donc ici que des articles singuliers et exclusifs!

Théâtre Montansier
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
13 rue des Réservoirs
Versailles, France 78000

01 39 20 16 16

The Théâtre Montansier is a French theatre in rue des Réservoirs, Versailles, near the royal château. It was created by the actress and theatre director Mademoiselle Montansier, designed by Jean-François Heurtier, inspecteur général des bâtiments du roi and designer of the Salle Favart at the Opéra-Comique. The theatre opened 18 November 1777, with Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in attendance.It has been headed by such figures as Marcelle Tassencourt, wife of Thierry Maulnier, and Francis Perrin. Since 2000, it has been headed by Jean-Daniel Laval who, since taking on the role, has declared his wish to see the Théâtre Montansier opened up to a wider audience.Bibliography Jacques Villard, Le théâtre Montansier à Versailles - De la Montansier à Francis Perrin, Champflour, Marly-le-Roi, 1998 ISBN 2-87655-037-7