The Pont Royal is a bridge crossing the river Seine in Paris. It is the third oldest bridge in Paris, after the Pont Neuf and the Pont Marie.LocationThe Pont Royal links the Right Bank by the Pavillon de Flore with the Left Bank of Paris between rue du Bac and the rue de Beaune. The bridge is constructed with five elliptical arches en plein cintre. A hydrographic ladder, indicating floods' highest level in Paris, is visible on the last pier nearest each bank.HistoryIn 1632, the entrepreneur Pierre Pidou directed the construction of a wooden toll-bridge which would be called Pont Sainte-Anne (in deference to Anne of Austria) or Pont Rouge (due to its color). It was designed to replace the Tuileries ferry upon which the rue du Bac (bac meaning ferry in French) owes its name. The ferry had been offering crossings since 1550. Fragile, this bridge of fifteen arches would be repaired for the first time in 1649, completely redone two years later, burnt in 1654, flooded in 1656, completely rebuilt in 1660, propped up in 1673 and finally carried away by a flood in February 1684. Madame de Sévigné reported that this last incident caused the loss of eight of the bridge's arches.
de la galerie d'Apollon au Louvre Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information Palais du Louvre, 4 Place du Louvre, Paris, France 75001 Louvres, France 75001
You want to deliver effective presentation with or without PowerPoint, this is the place to be. You want to be an entertaining and persuasive speaker, this is the place to be. You want to improve your presentations skills, this is the place to be.
Gare d'Orsay Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information 7, quai Anatole-France, 75007 Paris Paris, France 75007
Gare d'Orsay is a former Paris railway station and hotel, built in 1900 to designs by Victor Laloux, Lucien Magne and Émile Bénard; it served as a terminus for the Chemin de Fer de Paris à Orléans (Paris-Orléans Railway). It was the first electrified urban rail terminal in the world, opened 28 May 1900, in time for the 1900 Exposition Universelle. After closure as a station, it reopened in December 1986 as the Musée d'Orsay, an art museum. The museum is currently served by the RER station of the same name.HistoryThe site was occupied by the Palais d'Orsay, intended for the Council of State. It was begun in 1810 but not completed until 1840, when its ground floor was occupied by the Council. In 1842 the Cour des Comptes was housed in the first floor. After the fall of the French Second Empire in 1870, the Paris Commune briefly took power from March through May 1871. The archives, library and works of art were removed to Palace of Versailles and eventually both the Conseil and the Cour des Comptes were rehoused in the Palais-Royal.
Le Nu Masculin Musée D'orsay Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information 1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur Paris, France 75007
Louvre – Rivoli is a station on Paris Métro Line 1. It is near the Louvre and Rue de Rivoli.The station was opened on 13 August 1900, almost a month after trains began running on the original section of line 1 between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900, under the name Louvre. It was given its current name in 1989, soon after the opening of the new entrance to the Louvre Museum at the simultaneously renamed Palais Royal – Musée du Louvre station.In 1968, the platforms in this station were decorated with replicas of ancient art from the Louvre Museum. It was the first metro station to become culturally decorated.As of April, 2014, the station's platforms are being renovated.
Musée de la Légion d'honneur Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information 2, rue de la Légion d'honneur Paris, France 75007
The Musée national de la Légion d'Honneur et des Ordres de Chevalerie is a museum of national orders of merit located in the 7th arrondissement in the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur beside the Musée d'Orsay at 2, rue de la Légion-d'Honneur, Paris, France. It is open daily except Monday; admission is free. The nearest métro and RER stations are Musée d'Orsay, Solférino, and Assemblée Nationale.The museum is housed within the Hôtel de Salm, built in 1782 by architect Pierre Rousseau for Frederick III, Prince of Salm-Kyrburg, burned in 1871 during the Paris Commune, and subsequently restored by subscription of medallists. Since 1804 this building has been the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur, and the seat of France's highest honors: the Légion d'honneur, the Médaille militaire, and the Ordre national du Mérite .Today's museum was created in 1925. It displays a history of France's honors, medals, decorations, and knightly orders from Louis XI to the present, including Napoleonic souvenirs and more than 300 portraits. A special section is dedicated to foreign orders. Its library and archives contain more than 3,000 works.
Retrouvez toutes nos actualités du moment concernant les nouveautés du magasin Intersport Rivoli et ses produits, ainsi que diverses actualités sportives concernant les domaines de la natation, du running, fitness, football, basketball, randonnée et tennis.