EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Pont Notre-Dame, Paris | Tourist Information


Pont Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004


The Pont Notre-Dame is a bridge that crosses the Seine in Paris, France linking the quai de Gesvres on the Rive Droite with the quai de la Corse on the Île de la Cité. The bridge is noted for being the "most ancient" in Paris, in the sense that, while the oldest bridge in Paris that is in its original state is undoubtedly the Pont Neuf, a bridge in some form has existed at the site of the Pont Notre-Dame since antiquity; nonetheless, it has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times, a fact referred to in the Latin inscription on it to honor its Italian architect, Fra Giovanni Giocondo. (See below.) The bridge once was lined with approximately sixty houses, the weight of which caused a collapse in 1499.HistoryIt was on this spot that the first bridge of Paris, called the Grand-Pont, crossed the Seine from antiquity. In 886, during the siege of Paris and the Norman attacks, this structure was destroyed and replaced by a plank bridge, named the Pont des Planches de Milbray (Milbray plank bridge). This bridge was destroyed by the floods of 1406. On May 31, 1412, Charles VI of France ordered the construction of the first version of the bridge to be named "Notre-Dame". This structure was composed of solid wood and connected the Île de la Cité to the rue Saint-Martin. The bridge took seven years to build and had sixty houses atop it, thirty on each side. The houses were noted by Robert Gauguin as being "remarkable for their height, and the uniformity of construction" and was called the "handsomest in France." King Charles' wooden bridge collapsed on October 25, 1499 near 9 a.m., likely due to structural instabilities caused by the lack of repairs.

Bridge Near Pont Notre-Dame

Pont d'Austerlitz
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Austerlitz
Paris, 75013

The Pont d'Austerlitz is a bridge which crosses the Seine River in Paris, France. It owes its name to the battle of Austerlitz (1805).LocationThe bridge links the 12th arrondissement at the rue Ledru-Rollin, to the 5th and 13th arrondissements, at the Jardin des Plantes.HistoryThe construction of the bridge came from a necessity to link the Faubourg Saint-Antoine on the right bank to the Jardin des Plantes on the left bank. At the beginning of the 19th century the first bridge was constructed. In 1801, the engineer Becquey de Beaupré proposed a five-arched bridge. In 1854, the bridge was judged dangerous and the width was increased to 18 meters (59 feet) and finally to 30 meters (98 feet).Characteristics Type : Arch bridge Construction : 1801–1805, 1854 and 1884–1885 Inauguration : 1854 and 1885 Architects : Alexandre Michal, Jules Savarin (1854) – Jean-Marie-Georges Choquet (1885) Material : Stone Masonry Total Length : 173,80 m

Pont de Sully
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Sully
Paris,

Rives de la Seine à Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris,

Sur les rives de la Seine à Paris peuvent être contemplés certains des plus célèbres monuments de la capitale de la France, de la Tour Eiffel à Notre-Dame en passant par la Concorde, mais également les ponts historiques qui les relient. Les deux rives sont inscrites sur la liste du patrimoine mondial de l'UNESCO depuis 1991.HistoireLes premiers quais sont construits au début du. Le premier est le quai des Grands-Augustins. Le Pont-Neuf est construit en 1578. En 1753, la création de la place Louis-XV, actuelle place de la Concorde, est simultanée à celle des quais sur les deux rives. Les maisons qui se trouvaient juste au bord du fleuve sont détruites, malgré l'opposition de la population. L'espace ainsi dégagé permet l'édification des quais hauts. En 1870, 15 ponts sont construits. Les quais bas sont ensuite adaptés au trafic fluvial et les chemins de halage se développent. Les berges de la Seine sont le site des Expositions universelles organisées de 1855 à 1900 à Paris.

Pont de Sully
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont de sully
Paris, 75004

The Pont de Sully is a bridge across the River Seine in Paris, France.In reality two separate bridges meeting on the eastern tip of the Île Saint-Louis, it links the 4th and 5th arrondissements of the capital along the line of the Boulevard Henri IV, and connects to the eastern end of the Boulevard Saint-Germain. Sully - Morland is the nearest Metro station.HistoryThe two parts of the bridge, known as the Passerelle Damiette and the Passerelle de Constantine on the left-bank side, were authorized by an act of 18 June 1836, in favor of M. de Beaumont, the projector, who would recoup his expenses, valued at 380.000 fr., by collecting tolls. The bridges, opened to traffic January 1838, were a pair of pedestrian suspension bridges, constructed by the engineer Surville. The Passerelle Damiette was destroyed in the 1848 Revolution, while the Passerelle de Constantine, built in 1837, collapsed in 1872 owing to corrosion in its cables.The current bridge was constructed in 1876, as part of Haussmann's renovation of Paris, and opened on 25 August 1877. It is named in honour of Maximilien de Béthune, duke of Sully and minister to Henry IV. It was designed by the engineers Paul Vaudrey and Gustave Brosselin. They set it at an angle of about 45 degrees to the river banks, which means that it gives a splendid view over the quais of the Île Saint-Louis and Notre Dame. The southern part consists of three cast iron arches, while the northern part, over the narrower arm of the river, consists of a central 42m arch in cast iron and two 15m arches in masonry.

Pont de la Tournelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Tournelle
Paris, 75005

Cầu Tournelle là một cây cầu bắc qua sông Seine ở trung tâm thủ đô Paris của Pháp. Cây cầu này nối liền đảo Saint-Louis với kè Tournelle . Ngoài giao thông, cây cầu này còn được sử dụng để đo mực nước ở vùng trung Paris kể từ năm 1759.Lịch sửTừ thời Trung Cổ tại vị trí của cầu Tournelle ngày nay người ta đã cho xây dựng một cây cầu bằng gỗ. Cây cầu này bị cuốn trôi phân nửa trong trận lũ ngày 21 tháng 1 năm 1651 và được xây dựng lại bằng đá vào năm 1656. Cây cầu thứ hai này bị phá huỷ năm 1918 để nhường chỗ cho cầu Tournelle hiện tại xây dựng từ năm 1928 đến 1930. Cây cầu có tên Cầu Tournelle là vì vào thế kỷ 12 ở vị trí này có một tháp pháo (tourelle) của Philippe Auguste.Cầu Tournelle được cố ý thiết kế không đối xứng để nhấn mạnh sự không đối xứng của phong cảnh sông Seine với nơi này. Cầu gồm một vòm lớn trung tâm và 2 vòm nhỏ hơn ở hai phía bờ sông, cây cầu được trang trí ở bờ trái bằng một cột cao 15 m trên đó có tượng của Thánh Geneviève, vị thánh phù hộ cho Paris, đây là tác phẩm của Paul Landowski.

Pont de la Tournelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Tournelle
Paris, 75005

Pont de la Tournelle, is an arch bridge spanning the river Seine in Paris.HistoryThe location of the Pont de la Tournelle is the site of successive structures.The first, a wooden bridge, was built in 1620. This bridge connected the Eastern bank of the Seine (le quai Saint-Bernard) to l'île Saint-Louis. It was subsequently washed away by ice in 1637, and again on 21 January 1651. A stone bridge was erected in its place in 1654. It was demolished in 1918 and replaced by the current bridge in 1928, after it suffered several natural disasters, especially the flood of 1910.The Pont de la Tournelle was intentionally built lacking symmetry, in order to emphasize the shapeless landscape in the part of the Seine that it bestrides. Consisting of a grand central arch that links the riverbanks via two smaller arches, one on each side, it's decorated on the Eastern bank with a pylon built on the left pier's cutwater, and a statue of Saint Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris, atop of the pylon, designed by Polish-French monumental sculptor Paul Landowski.The term "Tournelle" traces its origin to a square turret (tourelle) constructed at the end of the 12th Century on the fortress of Phillipe Auguste.Numerous scenes of Highlander: The Series were filmed along the Quai de la Tournelle near and underneath Pont de la Tournelle between 1992 and 1998.

Notre Dame Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75005

Rockridge Paris, a niche boutique located in the heart of Paris' 5eme arrondissement, features unique products for the home and family.

Pont de l'Archevêché
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75004

The Pont de l'Archevêché is a bridge crossing the Seine river in Paris, France.LocationThe bridge links the 4th Arrondissement, at the Île de la Cité, to the 5th Arrondissement, between the quai de Montebello and the quai de la Tournelle.HistoryThe Pont de l'Archevêché is the narrowest road bridge in Paris. It was built in 1828, by the engineer Plouard, for the society Pont des Invalides after the demolition of the suspension bridge at Les Invalides.The bridge is 68m long. It is composed of three arches of stone measuring heights of 15m, 17m, and 15m. The bridge commonly seen in the background of the set on Highlander when the show was set in Paris. After the Pont des Arts was cleared of its display of padlocks in 2010, and similarly the Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor, lovers started to place their 'love padlocks' on this bridge. The original two bridges for this were footbridges, but this one, a bit narrower, is a road bridge.Characteristics Type of construction : Arch bridge Construction : 1828 Architect : Plouard Material : stone Total Length : 68m Width : 17m Usable width : 11m

Lovers Bridge Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75005

123456789

The Bridge of Love
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75006

Pont des Amoureux - Pont de l'Archevêché
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, Paris

Lovers Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris,

Le Pont Marie
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Quai d'Anjou, Voie Georges Pompidou
Paris, 75004

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, 75005

0143542381

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Bisinchi, 75005

0495387464

The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, 20235

01 46 33 03 81

Petit Pont – most łączący IV okręg paryski z Île de la Cité wybudowany w 1853 na miejscu wcześniejszego.HistoriaJuż w starożytności na miejscu dzisiejszego mostu znajdowała się przeprawa przez rzekę. Wiadomo, że już w rzymskiej osadzie Lutecja właśnie na tym miejscu, wykorzystując niewielką odległość między wyspą a stałym lądem oraz spokojniejszy bieg rzeki, przebiegał most łączący Cité z lewym brzegiem Sekwany. Obiekt był wielokrotnie niszczony przez rzekę w czasie kolejnych niekontrolowanych powodzi. W samym średniowieczu most był niszczony jedenastokrotnie. Środki finansowe pochodziły z różnych, niekiedy niecodziennych źródeł: w 1175 budowa pierwszego całkowicie kamiennego mostu została opłacona przez biskupa Paryża, natomiast w 1393 zmuszono paryską społeczność żydowską do wpłacenia 9500 liwrów na kolejną odbudowę. Od nazwy mostu pochodzi przydomek Adama Parvipontanusa (XII w.), uczącego w znajdującej się przy nim szkole.W czasie rządów Karola VI Szalonego nowy most wybudował włoski mnich Giovanni Giocondo, wówczas po raz pierwszy na Petit Pont pojawiły się domy. Most ten przetrwał dwa stulecia, jednak już w XVII wieku Petit Pont zawalał się i był budowany na nowo w latach 1649, 1651, 1658 i 1659. Ta ostatnia odbudowa była również najbardziej kosztowna, jednak nie spełniła oczekiwań, a most, kamienno-drewniany, zawalił się w 1718 w niecodziennych okolicznościach. W czasie gdy pod mostem bezskutecznie usiłowały przepłynąć dwie wyładowane barki, nieznana z nazwiska kobieta wypłynęła na Sekwanę, by odnaleźć ciało jej dziecka, które w niej utonęło. Miała w rękach zapaloną pochodnię i gdy wskutek wypadku jej łódź zderzyła się z jedną z barek, powstał ogromny pożar, od którego zajął się cały most. Rok później most został odbudowany, już bez zabudowy mieszkalnej.

Pont Louis-Philippe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Louis-Philippe
Paris, 75004

Le pont Louis-Philippe est un pont situé à Paris et passant sur la Seine, entre la rive droite et l'Île Saint-Louis.SituationLe pont Louis-Philippe est situé dans le et relie le quartier Notre-Dame au quartier Saint-Gervais.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Pont Marie.HistoireLe pont suspenduC'est le 29 juillet 1833, pour fêter son accession au trône à l'issue des Trois Glorieuses, que Louis-Philippe pose la première pierre d'un pont suspendu d'abord anonyme, situé dans le prolongement de la rue du Pont Louis-Philippe (qui vit le jour cette même année). Construit par Marc Seguin et ses frères, il traverse la Seine en biais jusqu'au quai aux Fleurs en passant par l'île Saint-Louis. Il est ouvert à la circulation un an plus tard, le 26 juillet 1834. Après la révolution de 1848 pendant laquelle il est incendié, il est restauré et baptisé « pont de la Réforme » jusqu'en 1852.

Pont Louis-Philippe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Louis-Philippe
Paris, 75004

The Pont Louis-Philippe is a bridge across the River Seine in Paris. It is located in the 4th arrondissement, and it links the Quai de Bourbon on the Île Saint-Louis with the Saint-Gervais neighborhood on the right bank.HistoryOn 29 July 1833, to celebrate his accession to the throne following the "Trois Glorieuses" (the three glorious days of the July Revolution), Louis-Philippe laid the first stone for a previously-nameless suspension bridge, located on the extension of the Rue du Pont Louis Philippe. Built by Marc Seguin and his brothers, it crossed the Seine to the Île Saint-Louis. It was opened to traffic one year later, on 26 July 1834. After the French Revolution of 1848 (during which the bridge and its tollhouses were burnt down), it was restored and renamed "Pont de la Réforme", a name it held until 1852.In the face of increased traffic (the tollhouses had not been restored), it was demolished to be replaced by the present structure in 1860. This new structure, an arch bridge, was built by the engineers, Edmond-Jules Féline-Romany and Jules Savarin, between August 1860 and April 1862, a little further upstream than its predecessor. The Pont Louis-Philippe was inaugurated in April 1862. The spandrels above the four-metre-wide piers in the Seine are decorated with stone laurel wreaths surrounding metallic rosettes.

Pont Louis-Philippe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Louis-Philippe
Paris,

Most Louis Philippe – paryski most łączący Wyspę Świętego Ludwika z prawym brzegiem Sekwany.29 lipca 1833, w czasie uroczystości rocznicy wstąpienia na tron Ludwika Filipa I król położył pierwszy kamień pod budowę nowego mostu. Został on zaprojektowany przez Marca Séguina i rok później, 26 lipca 1834, został otwarty dla ruchu kołowego i pieszego. W 1848 przeszedł remont i zmienił nazwę na Pont de la Réforme – Most Reformy.W 1852 w czasie wielkiej przebudowy Paryża most został zburzony wobec zmian zaszłych w układzie urbanistycznym miasta. Jednak w 1860 most został odbudowany według projektu Edmonda Féline-Romany'ego i Jules'a Savarina i zainaugurowany w kwietniu 1862.ArchitekturaMost ma 100 metrów długości oraz 15 metrów szerokości, jest oparty na czterech filarach o obwodzie czterech metrów. Jest zbudowany z kamienia, z metalowymi elementami dekoracyjnymi.Bibliografia Most na oficjalnej stronie Paryża

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Puente Del Amor, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris,

Pont d'Arcole
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Arcole
Paris, 75004

Pont d'Arcole – most w Paryżu. Od średniowiecza do 1828 na miejscu mostu funkcjonowała jedynie sześciometrowa przeprawa piesza pod nazwą Passelerie de Grève, wzniesiona przez Marca Séguina. W 1828 obiekt został zastąpiony szerszym mostem, a w 1854, w związku ze zmianami w układzie urbanistycznym miasta wzniesiono nowy most według projektu Cadiata, żelazny, pierwszy most na tym miejscu, który pozwalał zarówno na ruch pieszy, jak i kołowy. Był to zarazem pierwszy żelazny most w Paryżu, który wiódł przez całą szerokość rzeki nie przebiegając przez jedną z wysp. Błąd konstrukcyjny sprawił, że w 1888 most nieoczekiwanie obsunął się o 20 cm i musiał być gruntownie wyremontowany. Ponowną renowację przeszedł w latach 1994-1995. W 1944 to przez ten most do ratusza paryskiego weszła dywizja generała Leclerca w dniu wyzwolenia miasta.Nie jest konkretnie ustalone pochodzenie nazwy mostu. Może on nosić imię słynnej bitwy stoczonej przez Bonapartego, jak również nazwisko jednej z ofiar rewolucji lipcowej - młodego republikanina, który zginął na moście, niosąc na czele pochodu trójkolorowy sztandar.Most ma 80 metrów długości, 20 szerokości. Jest to most jednołukowy.Linki zewnętrzne Informacja o moście na stronach Paryża

Tour Eiffeil Restaurant Le Jules Verne
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont d´Arcole
Paris, 75007

01 45 55 61 44

Pont au Change
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont Au Change
Paris, 75013

Pont au Change là một cây cầu bắc qua sông Seine ở trung tâm thủ đô Paris của Pháp. Cây cầu này nối liền Conciergerie trên île de la Cité với quảng trường Châtelet ở bờ phải sông Seine. Đây cũng là ranh giới giữa quận 1 và quận 4 của Paris.Lịch sửPont au Change gốc được xây dựng từ thế kỷ 9 dưới thời Charles le Chauve, cùng thời điểm Conciergerie bắt đầu được mở rộng để trở thành cung điện của Hoàng gia Pháp. Tên của cây cầu (Change - Đổi chác, hối đoái) xuất phát từ việc trên cầu có rất nhiều cửa tiệm của những người đổi tiền và thợ kim hoàn, các cửa hiệu sát nhau tới mức người ta không thể nhìn thấy sông Seine khi đứng trên cầu.Cây cầu hiện nay được xây dựng từ năm 1858 đến năm 1860, đó là một cầu vòm gạch gồm 3 nhịp vòm dài 103 m, rộng 30 m.Hình ảnhLiên kết ngoài Lịch sử Pont au Change trên Insecula.com

Pont Neuf Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris,

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, Paris

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

Local Business Near Pont Notre-Dame

Caserne De Sapeur Pompier Cs Poissy
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
160,avenue de la Maladrerie
Poissy, France 78370

0130656120

Bar Les sciences
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
21 Rue Jussieu
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon.Remplaçant un édifice du XIIIe siècle, elle est construite à partir de la fin du XVe siècle, et sert de paroisse aux habitants du quartier situé autour de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève. Le chantier, commencé par le chevet et le clocher en 1491, est achevé par la façade en 1624.Après avoir été brièvement transformée en temple de la Piété filiale sous la Révolution française, elle est rendue à ses fonctions d'église paroissiale en 1801 et n'a pas changé d'affectation depuis.La châsse de sainte Geneviève, vide de ses reliques depuis la Révolution française, y est conservée. L'église abrite également un orgue dont les origines et le buffet remontent aux années 1630. Elle est la dernière église parisienne où l'on peut encore voir un jubé.

Andre Malraux
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Créations d'Antan
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
PARIS
Paris, France 75005

Boulevard Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le boulevard Saint-Michel est une voie de Paris, à la frontière entre les 5 et arrondissements, qui s'étend du pont Saint-Michel à l'avenue de l'Observatoire. Il est appelé familièrement « Boul’Mich’ », par contraction du nom laïque « boulevard Michel » qui lui fut jadis conféré par des étudiants anticléricaux.HistoireLe boulevard Saint-Michel fut percé suivant les directives du baron Haussmann au, parallèlement à la rue Saint-Jacques qui marque l'axe nord-sud historique. Il fut ouvert en deux étapes, initialement en 1855 de la place Saint-Michel à la rue Cujas, puis en 1859 au delà de cette rue. Elle entraîne la disparition partielle ou complète d'un certain nombre de rues existantes, telles la rue Mâcon, la rue Poupée et la rue Percée-Saint-André.Il constituait, avec le boulevard de Sébastopol, le nouveau grand axe Nord-Sud de la capitale et fut tout d'abord appelé « boulevard de Sébastopol rive gauche » avant de changer de nom en 1864.L'Hôtel des Étrangers fut le lieu de réunion du Cercle des poètes Zutiques.

Cripta Panthéon
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place de l'Abbe-Basset
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Abbe-Basset
Paris, France 75005

Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
12, place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 57 00

Riche d'une longue histoire, l'Université Panthéon-Assas est l'héritière de l'ancienne Faculté de droit et de sciences économiques de Paris, composante de la Sorbonne, installée au cœur du quartier latin depuis le XIIIe siècle. A cette époque, l'Université de Paris comprenait quatre Facultés : théologie, médecine, arts et droit. Pendant près de cinq siècles, l'enseignement juridique a porté exclusivement sur le droit ecclésiastique, jusqu'à ce que Colbert introduise, sous le règne de Louis XIV, l'enseignement du droit civil pour donner ainsi naissance au droit français. Le siège principal de l'Université est installé place du Panthéon, dans le 5ème arrondissement de Paris. Construit en 1770, le bâtiment destiné à la Faculté de droit s'inscrit dans le projet d'urbanisme des abords du Panthéon, alors église Sainte-Geneviève, confié à Soufflot. Devenu mairie sous la Révolution, il retrouve son affectation d'origine dès 1805. Des extensions sont réalisées par la suite, au XIXème siècle et dans les années 1950. Le Centre de la rue d'Assas est construit au début des années 1960 par J. Le Maresquier. Il donne son nom à l'Université Panthéon-Assas, créée après les événements de mai 1968 ayant conduit à l'éclatement de l'Université de Paris. Considérée comme la 1ère université juridique française, l'Université Panthéon-Assas défend la diversité et cultive une vraie synergie entre recherche, enseignement et application. En droit, économie-gestion et sciences politiques et sociales, elle propose un large choix de cursus en formation initiale ou continue, alliant séjours à l'étranger et stages de terrain, profondément ancrés dans la réalité professionnelle et garants d'une véritable polyvalence. Elle développe des partenariats avec les principaux cabinets ou entreprises industrielles et financières en France, en Europe et dans le monde. Rassemblant les compétences d'enseignants renommés et internationalement connus, elle peut s'enorgueillir d'une production scientifique d'une extrême richesse. Afin d'offrir à ses étudiants un accompagnement au plus près de leurs besoins, l'Université Panthéon-Assas met à leur disposition : des parcours adaptés et organisés dans le cadre du LMD, des services numériques variés, des séances de tutorat, des aides à l'orientation et à l'insertion professionnelle, des bibliothèques au fonds constamment enrichi, de nombreuses possibilités pour exercer une activité sportive ou culturelle...

Taverne des Korrigans
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
42 rue Cardinal Lemoine
Paris, France 75005

Paris Law Faculty
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
12 Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

0626277192

The Paris Law Faculty was one of the four and eventually five faculties of the University of Paris .Until the 19th century, the Paris Law Faculty was called "Faculté de décret" or "Consultissima decretorum". After the Edict of Saint-Germain of April 1679 reestablished the teaching of Roman law in Paris, the faculty was known as the "faculty of civil and canon law". It was closed alongside other faculties on September 15, 1793, during the French Revolution.In 1802, the faculty of law was re-opened, and was called "the School of Law of Paris" . In 1896, the law faculty and the henceforth four other Parisian faculties were grouped together to recreate the University of Paris. In the late 1950s, it became a "faculty of law and economics". Following the events of May 1968, the University of Paris was divided into thirteen universities and its faculties were incorporated into them; most of the law professors went to Panthéon-Assas University.Sources.

Restaurant Le Cercle Jardin Du Luxembourg
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1, rue gay Lussac
Paris, France 75005

++33 1 46 34 63 98

Rue Soufflot
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Soufflot
Paris, France 75005

Le Cercle
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Gay Lussac
Paris, France

Panthéon-Assas University
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
92, rue d'Assas
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 58 90

Panthéon-Assas University is a public university in Paris, France.Heir of the faculty of law and economics of the University of Paris , it was established as its successor when the world's second oldest academic institution was divided into autonomous universities in 1970. It is a member of the alliance Sorbonne University.Panthéon-Assas University is ranked first in law by Eduniversal, has a reputation of "excellence" in Law and is generally considered as "the top law school in France". Since its founding, it has produced two presidents including the current French President François Hollande, four prime ministers and the holders of thirty-seven other ministerships in France and around the world. Forty alumni of the university have been members of various parliaments as well.The majority of the nineteen campuses of Panthéon-Assas are located in the Latin Quarter, with the main campus on place du Panthéon. The university is composed of four departments specializing in law, economics, public and private management, and political science, and hosts twenty-four research centres and five specialized doctoral schools. Every year, the university enrolls approximately 18,000 students, including 3,000 international students.

Jussieu Campus
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue de jussieu
Paris, France 75005

The Jussieu Campus is a higher education campus located in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France, which is the main campus of the Pierre and Marie Curie University . The Paris Diderot University, was also originally located on the Jussieu campus but moved to its new independent campus in the Paris Rive Gauche neighborhood in 2006-2012. Many ties continue to exist between the two universities.Because of reconstruction programs in progress, various facilities have been moved out of the campus to other parts of Paris.HistoryThe campus was opened in 1951 and eventually it would host a great part of the old faculty of sciences of the Sorbonne. Built on the site of the old "Halle aux vins," a wine market created by Napoleon Bonaparte, the campus remains incomplete to this day. In 1957, the first university buildings were built along the Eastern bank of the River Seine (le quai Saint-Bernard), and Rue Cuvier. In order to allow the wine to remain on the site, the architects planned to construct the buildings on stilts above the roads of the market.However, in 1964, with over 20,000 science students graduating high school (the baby boom generation), the old Sorbonne could not accommodate the influx of students. André Malraux entrusted the architect Édouard Albert with the task of rapidly constructing a new science campus on the site. Albert's grand vision of modular metallic buildings, designed to facilitate interdisciplinary work and improve teaching, was never achieved, and eventually abandoned in 1972.

Crocojazz
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
64 Rue de la Montagne-Ste-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 46 34 78 38

Elie Eliakim
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
40 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine
Paris, France 75005

01 46 33 66 66

La Dame Blanche
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
47 Rue de la Montagne Sainte Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 54 45

Asia Tee
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
47 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005