The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.
La Fuentes de la Concordia son dos fuentes monumentales situadas en la Plaza de la Concordia en el centro de París en Francia. Fueron diseñadas por Jacques Ignace Hittorff, y completadas en 1840 durante el reinado del rey Louis-Philippe. La fuente sur conmemora el comercio marítimo y la industria de Francia, y la fuente al norte conmemora la navegación y el comercio en los ríos de Francia.Antes de la Revolución Francesa, durante el período 1753-1772, cuando la plaza se llamaba plaza de Luis XV, el arquitecto Jacques-Ange Gabriel diseñó un plan para una monumental estatua de Luis XV con dos fuentes, pero debido a la falta de agua, nunca se llevó a cabo. Gabriel hizo terminar el edificio de la Secretaría de Marina con vistas a la plaza - su presencia más tarde influyó en la elección de los temas para las Fontaines de la Concorde.Véase tambiénFuente (arquitectura)Monumento
Hermès International S.A., Hermes of Paris, or simply Hermès is a French high fashion luxury goods manufacturer established in 1837, today specializing in leather, lifestyle accessories, home furnishings, perfumery, jewellery, watches and ready-to-wear. Its logo, since the 1950s, is of a Duc carriage with horse. Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski is the creative director.HistoryDesignersThe designers throughout the company's history have included Lola Prusac, Jacques Delahaye, Catherine de Karolyi, Monsieur Levaillant, Nicole de Vesian, Eric Bergère, Claude Brouet, Tan Giudicelli, Marc Audibet, Mariot Chane, Martin Margiela, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christophe Lemaire, Véronique Nichanian (current menswear designer), Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski.Beginnings in the 19th centuryThierry Hermès (1801–1878) was born in Krefeld (Germany) to a French father and a German mother. The family moved to France in 1828. In 1837, Thierry Hermès first established Hermès as a harness workshop in the Grands Boulevards quarter of Paris, dedicated to serving European noblemen. He created high-quality wrought harnesses and bridles for the carriage trade, winning several awards including the first prize in its class in 1855 and again in 1867 at the Expositions Universelles in Paris.Hermès's son, Charles-Émile Hermès (1835–1919), took over management from his father and moved the shop in 1880 to 24 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré where it remains to this day. With the help of his sons Adolphe and Émile-Maurice, Charles-Émile introduced saddlery and started selling his products retail. The company catered to the élite of Europe, North Africa, Russia, Asia, and the Americas. In 1900, the firm offered the Haut à Courroies bag, specially designed for riders to carry their saddles with them.
L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.
Le Café LumièreDistance: 0.9 miTourist Information 1, rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France Paris, 75009
MAPFRE ASSISTANCE est une marque de la société MAPFRE ASISTENCIA.
MAPFRE ASISTENCIA France appartient à MAPFRE ASISTENCIA (www.mapfre-asistencia.com), compagnie multinationale d’assurance, réassurance et de services présente sur 5 continents et faisant partie du puissant groupe espagnol MAPFRE (www.mapfre.com).
Basée à Paris, MAPFRE ASSISTANCE est spécialisée en assistance et intervient sur quatre marchés :
- le Voyage,
- la Finance,
MAPFRE ASSISTANCE développe et entretient depuis de nombreuses années une véritable relation de partenariat avec ses clients, afin de les accompagner dans le développement de leur marge et favoriser leur image.
Elle possède ses propres plateformes d’assistance et de gestion des sinistres basées en France et bénéfice également du réseau international MAPFRE ASISTENCIA
Saint-Georges is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 9th arrondissement.The station opened on 8 April 1911 as part of the extension of the Nord-Sud company's line A from Notre-Dame-de-Lorette to Pigalle. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The station is named after the Rue Saint-Georges, which became a street in 1734 and leads to the Place Saint-Georges, created in 1824. It was the centre of an estate created by the speculator Dosne, father-in-law of the politician Adolphe Thiers.It was renovated during the early 2000s in imitation of the style adopted by the Nord-Sud Company, the original architects of the station. In fact, the current decorative style only vaguely resembles the original: the station name is no longer shown on large ceramic tablets (as at Solférino and Abbesses) and does not follow the original colour-coding: the edge of the ceramic name tablets should be brown to designate a non-interchange station, rather than green.
Since 1837, Tiffany & Co. has been the world's premier jeweler. Explore our collections of iconic engagement rings, cherished gifts and visionary jewelry designs, all crafted from the finest materials and most spectacular gemstones. Shop for engagement rings, watches, and timeless gifts in Paris, IdF.
The Lycée Condorcet is a school founded in 1803 in Paris, France, located at 8, rue du Havre, in the city's 9th arrondissement. Since its inception, various political eras have seen it given a number of different names, but its identity today honors the memory of the Marquis de Condorcet. The school provides secondary education as part of the French education system. Henri Bergson, Horace Finaly, Claude Lévi-Strauss, Marcel Proust, and Paul Verlaine were educated at the Lycée Condorcet.Some of the school's famous teachers include Jean Beaufret, Paul Bénichou, Jean-Marie Guyau, Jean-Paul Sartre and Stéphane Mallarmé.HistoryThe Lycée Condorcet, opened in 1803, is one of the four oldest high schools in Paris and also one of the most prestigious. During the greater part of the nineteenth century, the school was the "great Liberal High School" on the right bank with its relatively flexible regime that was chosen by the progressive bourgeoisie for its sons. It is among the few schools in Paris that never had students as boarders: students who were not living with their parents worked, ate, and slept in the neighbourhood via a network of "maitres de pension". The mix has gradually emerged in 1924 for preparatory classes for the grandes écoles, and 1975 for secondary classes.