EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Boulevard Haussmann, Paris | Tourist Information


Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75008


Boulevard Haussmann, long from the 8th to the 9th arrondissement, is one of the wide tree-lined boulevards created in Paris by Napoleon III, under the direction of his Prefect of the Seine, Baron Haussmann.The Boulevard Haussmann is mostly lined with apartment blocks, whose regulated cornice height gives a pleasing eyeline to the Boulevard. The department stores Galeries Lafayette and Au Printemps are sited on this street.From 1906 to 1919, the novelist Marcel Proust (1871–1922) lived at No. 102. There, in his cork-lined bedroom (now on display in the Carnavalet Museum), he wrote the major part of À la recherche du temps perdu. Alan Bates starred in 102 Boulevard Haussmann, a 1990 play written by Alan Bennett.At 158 there is the Musée Jacquemart-André.The Impressionist and patron of other artists Gustave Caillebotte (1848–1894) painted the Boulevard in many different lights as the days and seasons changed.Marks & Spencer, the British department store chain, opened a store on Boulevard Haussmann in 1975 when it opened its first overseas stores.

Community and Government Near Boulevard Haussmann

Istituto Italiano Di Cultura - Paris
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
73, rue de Grenelle - 75007 Paris
Paris, 75007

Ministere de L Agriculture
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
72, rue de Varenne
Paris, 75007

Champ de Mars
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
2 Allée Adrienne Lecouvreur
Paris, 75007

The Champ de Mars is a large public greenspace in Paris, France, located in the seventh arrondissement, between the Eiffel Tower to the northwest and the École Militaire to the southeast. The park is named after the Campus Martius ("Mars Field") in Rome, a tribute to the Latin name of the Roman God of war. The name also alludes to the fact that the lawns here were formerly used as drilling and marching grounds by the French military.The nearest Métro stations are La Motte-Picquet–Grenelle, École Militaire, and Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel, an RER suburban-commuter-railway station. A disused station, Champ de Mars is also nearby.Originally, the Champ de Mars was part of a large flat open area called Grenelle, which was reserved for market gardening. Citizens would claim small plots and exploit them by growing fruits, vegetables, and flowers for the local market. However, the plain of Grenelle was not an especially fertile place for farming.The construction, in 1765, of the École Militaire designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, was the first step toward the Champ de Mars in its present form. Grounds for military drills were originally planned for an area south of the school, the current location of the place de Fontenoy. The choice to build an esplanade to the north of the school led to the erection of the noble facade which today encloses the Champ de Mars. The planners leveled the ground, surrounded it with a large ditch and a long avenue of elms, and, as a final touch, the esplanade was enclosed by a fine grille-work fence.

Ministère Éducation Nationale
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
110, Rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

Ministère de la Fonction Publique
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
80 rue de Lille
Paris, 75007

0997011152

Ministère de l'Ecologie du Developpement Durable et de l'Energie
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
246 boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, 75007

Page facebook du Ministère de l'écologie, du développement durable et de l'énergie: pour le développement éco-responsable et l'efficacité énergétique.

Ministère De L'écologie
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
246 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, 75007

01 40 81 21 22

Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Santé
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
127 rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

01 44 38 38 38

Rue De Bellechasse 75007 Paris
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Bellechasse
Paris, 75007

Ambassade de Suisse
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
142, rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

0149556700

Musée social
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
5 rue Las Cases
Paris, 75007

01 45 51 66 10

The Musée social was a private French institution founded in 1894. In the early twentieth century it became an important center of research into topics such as city planning, social housing and labor organization. For many years it played an important role in influencing government policy.OriginsThe original purpose of the Musée social was to preserve documents from the Social Economy pavilion of the Exposition Universelle (1889). This exposition, one hundred years after the French Revolution, had recorded the many changes in thought about the organization of society that had followed. The project to create the museum came from a meeting of Jules Siegfried, Léon Say and Émile Cheysson with count Joseph Dominique Aldebert de Chambrun in 1894. The count decided to devote his fortune to the foundation, which was officially inaugurated in March 1895. Although called a museum, in fact it became a research institute.Towards the end of the nineteenth century there were many non-governmental organizations interested in reform. The Musée social tried to coordinate the efforts of the groups working on "the social question." The Musée social brought together followers of Frédéric Le Play and others who were interested in improving the well-being of the masses while promoting private initiative, going beyond the timid reforms being considered by the government. Many historians consider that the French welfare state originated in the work done at the Musée social.OrganizationThe Musée social was well-funded, and followed an innovative model. It had several sections of study and research with the goal of documenting new topics for debate, possible changes to legislation, and development of new ideas. The institute paid researchers, whose reports were presented at conferences and published in the institute's journals or in collections of work that it published. One section, for example, was headed by Léon de Seilhac and studied contemporary labor movements. Another covered the major strikes during the third republic. Other sections covered topics such as urban and rural sanitation, agriculture, social insurance and employer institutions. All the material was held in the library, and made available to the public.

Solférino (Paris Métro)
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
10 rue de Solférino
Paris, 75007

Solférino is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 7th arrondissement.The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the Rue de Solférino, which is named after the Battle of Solférino a battle fought in 1859 during the Second Italian War of Independence.Solférino is one of the last stations in which the original Nord-Sud Company style of décor has been maintained, with its characteristic large ceramic tablets indicating the name of the station. This is the result of extensive renovation.Nearby are the Musée d'Orsay and the town hall of the 7th arrondissement.

Rue Amelie
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue Amelie
Paris, 75007

Rue de la Comète (Paris)
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Comète
Paris,

La rue de la Comète est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de la Comète est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 75 rue Saint-Dominique et se termine au 160 rue de Grenelle.

AfterWom
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
49 rue de Ponthieu
Paris, 75008

0687806812

Ministry of Defence (France)
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
boulevard Valin
Paris, 75007

+33 4 94 06 95 00

The Ministry of Defence is the French department in charge of managing the French Armed Forces inside and outside French soil. It is an active member of NATO and European Defence Community. The actual Minister is Jean-Yves Le Drian.OrganizationMinister of DefenceThe head of the department is the Minister of Defence. He reports directly to the President of the Republic, the Commander-in-Chief of the French Armed Forces.His mission is to organize and manage the country Defense Policy in liaison with other departments. He is also in charge of mobilizing troops and managing the military infrastructure. He is responsible of the French Armed forces security to the Parliament.Chief of Defence StaffThe Chief of Defence Staff reports directly to the Minister. He is in charge of conducting operations, troops training, troops inspection, Programming the forces future, gathering and analyzing Intelligence, He is also in charge of maintaining relationships with other countries. The Chief of Defence Staff was held by French Navy Admiral Édouard Guillaud until February 2014 and is currently headed by French Army General Pierre de Villiers.

Francophonie
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
19-21 avenue bosquet
Paris, 75007

La francophonie désigne l'ensemble des personnes et des institutions qui utilisent le français comme langue de première socialisation , langue d'usage, langue administrative, langue d'enseignement ou langue choisie. La francophonie peut renvoyer tant à l'ensemble des pays francophones qu'à l'ensemble des pays ou régions membres de l'Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) (notamment représentés par l'Association internationale des régions francophones (AIRF), où le français n'est d'ailleurs pas obligatoirement la langue majoritaire, ni même langue officielle.Selon l'OIF, en 2014, le français est la cinquième langue la plus parlée au monde avec 274 millions de locuteurs représentant 4 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 26), dont 212 millions en faisant un usage quotidien (+ 7 % entre 2010 et 2014) représentant 3 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 32). Estimé à 284 millions en 2015, le nombre de francophones approchera les 700 millions en 2050 soit 8 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 13), et 85 % de ces francophones seront en Afrique du fait de la croissance démographique.Dénominations« Francophonie », « francophonie » et « espace francophone »… Ces trois locutions ou syntagmes sont parfois synonymes mais le plus souvent complémentaires dans l'usage :

Maison de la chimie
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
28, rue Saint Dominique
Paris, 75007

01 40 62 27 00

The Maison de la Chimie is an international conference center in Paris, France, located near the National Assembly.The house is managed by a nonprofit association. Its primary objective is to assist and help scientists and engineers working in the field of chemistry, through the organization of meetings, colloquia and conferences.The house provides office space to various associations involved in scientific and technological fields.Halls and rooms are also rented for meetings whose topics lie outside the field of chemistry; these other usages actually represent 75% to 80% of the activity. Because of its central location in Paris, near the National Assembly and several ministries, the house is particularly sought for meetings with elected officials.

Musée d'Orsay
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, 75007

+33 (0)1 40 49 48 14

De l'académisme au post-impressionnisme et aux Fauves en passant par l'impressionnisme, les Nabis ou encore le symbolisme, le musée d'Orsay présente peintures, sculptures, photographies, pastels, architecture, arts graphiques et arts décoratifs de la période 1848-1914.

Palais de la Légion d'Honneur
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de la Légion d'honneur 75007 Paris
Paris, 75007

The Palais de la Légion d'Honneur is a building on the left bank of the River Seine in Paris. It houses the Musée national de la Légion d'Honneur et des Ordres de Chevalerie and is the seat of the Légion d'honneur, the highest order of chivalry of France. The building is also known as the Hôtel de Salm. It is located at 64, Rue de Lille, next to the old Orsay railway station in the 7th arrondissement of Paris.HistoryThe Hôtel de Salm was constructed between 1782 and 1787 by the architect Pierre Rousseau (1751–1810) for the German Prince Frederick III, Prince of Salm-Kyrburg. The revolutionary government nationalised the building, and from 13 May 1804 it was renamed the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur, and became the seat of the newly created Légion d'honneur. The interior was remodeled for that purpose by Antoine-François Peyre, and new exterior sculptures were added by Jean Guillaume Moitte and Philippe-Laurent Roland. An additional building was added in 1866 along the then-new Rue de Solférino, but the palace was destroyed by fire in 1871, under the Paris Commune. A replica was rebuilt soon afterwards under Anastase Mortier, with painters Jean-Paul Laurens and Théodore Maillot providing interior decoration. An additional building was added from 1922–1925 on Rue de Bellechasse in order to house a museum of the Legion of Honour.

Assemblea Nazionale (Francia)
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
126 rue de l'Université
Paris, 75007

Invalides
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Hotel des Invalides
Paris, 75007

Invalides is a Metro & RER station on lines 8 and 13 of the Paris Métro and on RER line C in the 7th arrondissement, located near and named after les Invalides.The metro station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of Line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 13 platforms were opened on 20 December 1923 as part of the original section of line 10 between Invalides and Croix Rouge (a station east of Sèvres – Babylone, which was closed during World War II). On 27 July 1937 the section of line 10 between Invalides and Duroc was transferred to become the first section of old line 14, which was connected under the Seine and incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976.The Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly (the lower house of the French Parliament), is nearby.

Invalides
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 75007

Invalides est une station des lignes 8 et 13 du métro de Paris. Elle est située dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.

Siège du MoDem - Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
133 boulevard de l université
Paris, 75007

Institut Néerlandais
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
121 rue de Lille
Paris, 75007

The Institut Néerlandais is a non-profit institution in Paris devoted to the promotion of Dutch art and culture. One of the oldest foreign cultural centers in Paris, it was founded in 1957 by Frits Lugt. The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the sole financier of the center announced its closure in 2013.

Jardins du Trocadéro
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Place du Trocadéro
Paris, 75116

Jardins du Trocadéro is an open space in Paris, located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, bounded to the northwest by the wings of the Palais de Chaillot and to the southeast by the Seine and the Pont d'Iéna, with the Eiffel Tower on the opposite bank of the Seine.The main feature, called the Fountain of Warsaw, is a long basin, or water mirror, with twelve fountain creating columns of water 12 metres high; twenty four smaller fountains four metres high; and ten arches of water. At one end, facing the Seine, are twenty powerful water cannons, able to project a jet of water fifty metres. Above the long basin are two smaller basins, linked with the lower basin by cascades flanked by 32 sprays of water four meters high. These fountains are the only exposition fountains which still exist today, and still function as they once did. In 2011, the fountain's waterworks were completely renovated and a modern pumping system was installed.HistoryThe entire site was formerly the garden of the original Palais du Trocadero, laid out by Jean-Charles Alphand for the Exposition Universelle (1878).The present garden has an area of 93,930 m2, and was created for the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne (1937). This was the design of Parisian architect Roger-Henri Expert. During the exposition in 1937, the pavillons of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union were facing each other on opposite sides of the Jardins du Trocadéro.

Régions de France
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
282 Boulevard Saint Germain
Paris, 75007

’Association des Régions de France, aujourd’hui Régions de France, a été créée en décembre 1998 pour répondre au besoin de concertation étroite ressenti par les Président.e.s de Conseil Régional, les élu.e.s et leurs services. Ils ont souhaité mettre en commun les expériences vécues dans les Régions. Régions de France regroupe 18 membres (12 régions métropolitaines, la collectivité territoriale de Corse, et cinq collectivités d’Outre-Mer). Philippe Richert, président de la Région Grand Est, ancien ministre, est le président de Régions de France depuis le 26 janvier 2016.

Le Quai, Quai Anatole France
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Port de Solférino
Paris, 75007

Landmark Near Boulevard Haussmann

Monumento dei diritti dell'uomo e del cittadino
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Charles-Risler
Paris, France 75010

Il Monumento dei diritti dell'uomo e dei cittadini di Parigi è situato nel Champ de Mars tra la Tour Eiffel e l'École militaire.È stato realizzato nel 1989 in occasione del bicentenario della Dichiarazione dei diritti dell'uomo e del cittadino dallo scultore cecoslovacco Ivan Theimer, quando in Francia il presidente era François Mitterrand.Il monumento ha la forma di un parallelepipedo posato su una doppia piattaforma; la facciata esposta sul Champ de Mars (Sud-ovest) presenta due obelischi e 3 statue di bronzo, oltre ad una incisione a forma di triangolo con 3 fori circolari ed uno triangolare sul muro. Sul lato frontale dell'edificio (Nord-est) si trova una porta di bronzo minuziosamente decorata, affiancata da due colonne; al di sopra della porta intorno ad una foro circolare è rappresentato un serpente che si mangia la coda (Uroboro). Le facce laterali dell'edificio sono decorate da diversi simboli e presentano lastre con incisi nomi di diverse città europee tra cui: Lisbona, Parigi, Bruxelles, Londra, Dublino, Atene, Roma, Lussemburgo, Bonn, Amsterdam, Copenaghen alcuni dei quali con sigillo di bronzo, ed alcuni piccoli rilievi.

Hôtel de Clermont
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
69, Rue De Varenne
Paris, France 75007

L’hôtel de Clermont est un hôtel particulier situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, 69 rue de Varenne. Il s'étale sur et abrite des sièges du gouvernement.HistoireDepuis 1948, l’hôtel particulier appartient à l’État. Il accueille d'abord la Haute Cour de Justice, le Commissariat à l'énergie atomique puis plusieurs ministères. Il est aujourd’hui occupé par le gouvernement français (relations avec le Parlement). Selon certaines rumeurs, celui-ci a voulu le vendre début 2012. Le 6 février 2014, le ministre Alain Vidalies inaugure un mur à l'effigie de tous les ministres qui ont occupé ce portefeuille depuis 1943.Il possède notamment un escalier en fer forgé, des plafonds peints et une salle à manger donnant sur un jardin d'un demi-hectare.

Ambassade de République tchèque en France
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
15 avenue Charles-Floquet
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade de République tchèque en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République tchèque auprès de la République française. Elle est située 15 avenue Charles-Floquet, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2010, Marie Chatardova.HistoireL'hôtel particulier de style néo-classique accueillant l'ambassade a été construit en 1912 par Pierre Humbert pour Élisabeth de La Rochefoucauld (1865-1946), épouse divorcée (1909) du prince Louis de Ligne (1854-1918).Il a d'abord abrité la légation puis l'ambassade de Tchécoslovaquie, comme locataire à partir de 1919, puis comme propriétaire à partir de 1924 ; après l'avoir acheté, l'ambassade y a mené des travaux conduits par les architectes Charles Duval et Emmanuel Gonse.Après la partition de la Tchécoslovaquie en 1993, l'ambassade de République tchèque est restée dans ces locaux, tandis que l'ambassade de Slovaquie s'est installée au 125 rue du Ranelagh dans le 16e arrondissement de Paris.

Sainte-Clotilde, Paris
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
23 bis Rue las Cases
Paris, France 75007

The Basilica of Saint Clotilde is a basilica church in Paris, located on the Rue Las Cases, in the area of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It is best known for its imposing twin spires.HistoryConstruction of the church was first mooted by the Paris City Council on 16 February 1827. It was designed by architect F. C. Gau of Cologne in a neo-Gothic style. Work began in 1846, but Gau died in 1853, and the job was continued by Théodore Ballu who completed the church in 1857. It was opened on 30 November 1857 by Cardinal Morlot. The church was declared a minor basilica by Pope Leo XIII in 1896.The Pipe OrganSt. Clotilde is famous for the Aristide Cavaillé-Coll organ (1859, enlarged 1933 and electrified 1962) played by César Franck and the succession of famous composers who have been Organiste titulaire: César Franck 1859-1890 Gabriel Pierné 1890-1898 Charles Tournemire 1898-1939 Joseph-Ermend Bonnal 1942-1944 Jean Langlais 1945-1988 Pierre Cogen and Jacques Taddei 1987-1993 Jacques Taddei 1993-2012 Olivier Penin 2012-

Hôtel de Béhague
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
123 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

L’hôtel de Béhague, ou de Béarn, est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris en France. Il abrite aujourd'hui l'Ambassade de Roumanie.LocalisationIl est situé au rue Saint-Dominique, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.HistoireConstruit en 1866 pour le comte Octave de Béhague par Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur et agrandi en 1895-1904 par Walter-André Destailleur pour Martine-Marie-Pol de Béhague, comtesse de Béarn. Acheté en 1939 par Carol II, il abrite depuis cette date l'ambassade de Roumanie.Ce bâtiment fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Voir aussiArticles connexes Liste des monuments historiques du 7e arrondissement de Paris Liste des hôtels particuliers parisiens Relations entre la France et la Roumanie

Embassy of Poland, Paris
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
57 rue Saint Dominique 75007 Pari
Paris, France 75015

01 43 17 34 00

The Embassy of Poland in Paris is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of Poland to the French Republic. The chancery is located in the Hôtel de Monaco on the Rue de Talleyrand.The Hôtel de MonacoIn 1772 Princess Marie-Catherine de Brignole, having recently separated from her husband Honoré III, Prince of Monaco, purchased one of the last available plots of land in the central Parisian district of Saint Germain and instructed the notable architect Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart to build her a palace befitting her rank and worthy of her admiration as well as that of all passers-by, she passed this brief to him with the additional and express wish that the palace be both grander and more elaborate than the nearby Hôtel de Matignon.With this in mind Brongniart set about constructing a palace set around a Cour d'Honneur with a large garden to the rear and a monumental portico above the entrance. The palace was to be approached from the Rue Dominique, where he also built for the Princess an adjacent smaller guest palace, via an avenue of birches having first passed through a monumentally elaborate wrought iron screen. The interior was planned with the occupier's comfort in mind and to this end Brongniart designed the palace so that no room would be shrouded in darkness and that all of the major state rooms would be flooded with natural light, commanding views over either the Cour d'Honneur or to the rear over the gardens of the house. His design was hailed as a breakthrough in Parisian urban architecture and soon became the standard by which other architects of the day designed their grand edifices.

Embassy of Poland, Paris
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
57 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade de Pologne en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République de Pologne auprès de la République française. Elle est située au 1 rue de Talleyrand, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2015, Andrzej Byrt.BâtimentL'ambassade est située rue de Talleyrand, à Paris.La résidence de l'ambassadeur se trouve à quelques mètres dans l'hôtel de Monaco. Il s'agit d'un hôtel particulier du faubourg Saint-Germain à Paris. Situé près des Invalides, l'accès se fait rue Saint-Dominique par une allée privée. Il est construit en 1774 par Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart sur commande de Marie-Catherine Brignole qui vient de divorcer du prince Honoré III de Monaco. Après la Révolution française, le bâtiment abrite notamment l'ambassade d'Autriche. Il est ensuite largement modifié sous la monarchie de Juillet par William Williams-Hope.

Rue de la Comète (Paris)
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Comète
Paris, France

La rue de la Comète est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de la Comète est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 75 rue Saint-Dominique et se termine au 160 rue de Grenelle.

Francophonie
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
19-21 avenue bosquet
Paris, France 75007

La francophonie désigne l'ensemble des personnes et des institutions qui utilisent le français comme langue de première socialisation , langue d'usage, langue administrative, langue d'enseignement ou langue choisie. La francophonie peut renvoyer tant à l'ensemble des pays francophones qu'à l'ensemble des pays ou régions membres de l'Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) (notamment représentés par l'Association internationale des régions francophones (AIRF), où le français n'est d'ailleurs pas obligatoirement la langue majoritaire, ni même langue officielle.Selon l'OIF, en 2014, le français est la cinquième langue la plus parlée au monde avec 274 millions de locuteurs représentant 4 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 26), dont 212 millions en faisant un usage quotidien (+ 7 % entre 2010 et 2014) représentant 3 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 32). Estimé à 284 millions en 2015, le nombre de francophones approchera les 700 millions en 2050 soit 8 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 13), et 85 % de ces francophones seront en Afrique du fait de la croissance démographique.Dénominations« Francophonie », « francophonie » et « espace francophone »… Ces trois locutions ou syntagmes sont parfois synonymes mais le plus souvent complémentaires dans l'usage :

Maison de la Chimie
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
28 rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, France 75007

The Maison de la Chimie is an international conference center in Paris, France, located near the National Assembly.The house is managed by a nonprofit association. Its primary objective is to assist and help scientists and engineers working in the field of chemistry, through the organization of meetings, colloquia and conferences.The house provides office space to various associations involved in scientific and technological fields.Halls and rooms are also rented for meetings whose topics lie outside the field of chemistry; these other usages actually represent 75% to 80% of the activity. Because of its central location in Paris, near the National Assembly and several ministries, the house is particularly sought for meetings with elected officials.See also Maison de la MutualitéExternal links Official site of the foundation Official site of the conference center

Maison de la chimie
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
28, rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

01 40 62 27 00

The Maison de la Chimie is an international conference center in Paris, France, located near the National Assembly.The house is managed by a nonprofit association. Its primary objective is to assist and help scientists and engineers working in the field of chemistry, through the organization of meetings, colloquia and conferences.The house provides office space to various associations involved in scientific and technological fields.Halls and rooms are also rented for meetings whose topics lie outside the field of chemistry; these other usages actually represent 75% to 80% of the activity. Because of its central location in Paris, near the National Assembly and several ministries, the house is particularly sought for meetings with elected officials.

The Eiffel Tower
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Torcy, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Palais de la Légion d'Honneur
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de la Légion d'honneur 75007 Paris
Paris, France 75007

The Palais de la Légion d'Honneur is a building on the left bank of the River Seine in Paris. It houses the Musée national de la Légion d'Honneur et des Ordres de Chevalerie and is the seat of the Légion d'honneur, the highest order of chivalry of France. The building is also known as the Hôtel de Salm. It is located at 64, Rue de Lille, next to the old Orsay railway station in the 7th arrondissement of Paris.HistoryThe Hôtel de Salm was constructed between 1782 and 1787 by the architect Pierre Rousseau (1751–1810) for the German Prince Frederick III, Prince of Salm-Kyrburg. The revolutionary government nationalised the building, and from 13 May 1804 it was renamed the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur, and became the seat of the newly created Légion d'honneur. The interior was remodeled for that purpose by Antoine-François Peyre, and new exterior sculptures were added by Jean Guillaume Moitte and Philippe-Laurent Roland. An additional building was added in 1866 along the then-new Rue de Solférino, but the palace was destroyed by fire in 1871, under the Paris Commune. A replica was rebuilt soon afterwards under Anastase Mortier, with painters Jean-Paul Laurens and Théodore Maillot providing interior decoration. An additional building was added from 1922–1925 on Rue de Bellechasse in order to house a museum of the Legion of Honour.

Marina de paris
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Port de Solférino - Quai Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

+33 (0)1 43 43 4030

Paris sewers
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma, rive gauche, Face au 93 quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75007

+33 (0) 1 53 68 27 81.

The Parisian sewer system dates back to the year 1370 when the first underground system was constructed under "rue Montmartre". Since then, consecutive French governments have enlarged the system to cover the city's population.HistoryUntil the Middle Ages, the drinking water in Paris was taken from the river Seine. The wastewater was poured onto fields or unpaved streets, and finally filtered back into the Seine. Around 1200, Phillipe Auguste had the Parisian streets paved, incorporating a drain for waste water in their middle. In 1370 Hugues Aubriot, a Parisian provost had a vaulted, stone walled sewer built in the "rue Montmartre". This sewer collected the wastewater and took it to the "Ménilmontant" brook. However the wastewater was still drained in the open air.Under the reign of Louis XIV, a large ring sewer was built on the right bank, and the Bièvre River was used as a sewer for the left bank of the Seine. On at least two occasions in the late 1700s, Paris refused to build an updated water system that scientists had studied. Women were actually carrying water from the river Seine to their residences in buckets. Voltaire wrote about it, saying that they "will not begrudge money for a Comic Opera, but will complain about building aqueducts worthy of Augustus". Louis Pasteur himself lost three children to typhoid. Under Napoleon I, the first Parisian vaulted sewer network was built. It was 30 km long.In 1855, as a part of his plan to improve the sanitation and traffic circulation in Paris, Napoleon III ordered the construction of new boulevards, aqueducts and sewers. His prefect for the Seine, Baron Haussmann, and the engineer Eugène Belgrand, designed the present Parisian sewer and water supply networks. Thus was built, more than a century ago, a double water supply network (one for drinking water and one for non drinking water) and a sewer network that was 600 km long in 1878.

Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
34, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

Through a multidisciplinary program of exhibitions, events, and educational outreach, the Center’s mission is to engage visitors in a dialogue with the depth and diversity of the current American cultural scene.The current Center was launched in 2011, based on the legacy of the Mona Bismarck Foundation, which became active in 1986 following the death of its founder and sole benefactor, the American philanthropist Countess Mona von Bismarck. She donated her Parisian townhouse and the majority of her estate to found the Mona Bismarck Foundation, as "her desire was to establish a Cultural Centre in Paris to enhance the cause of American/French friendship upon her death".HistoryThe CenterLocated on the Seine, across from the Eiffel Tower, the hôtel particulier, or Parisian townhouse, was built at the end of the nineteenth century. It was reconfigured for Mona Bismarck in the late 1950s by French interior decorator Stéphane Boudin. The building was featured in a 1928 issue of Vogue.ProgrammingExhibitionsTwo to three temporary exhibitions of American art are presented each year in partnership with international institutions. Exhibitions focus on a single artist or theme and represent a range of artistic styles and movements.Past exhibitions :Quilt Art: L’Art du Patchwork(February 13 – May 19, 2013)Mary Cassatt à Paris: Drawings and Engravings from the Ambroise Vollard Collection(September 26, 2012 – January 20, 2013)The Wyeths: Three Generations of American ArtBank of America Merrill Lynch Collection(November 10, 2011 to February 12, 2012)Little Black Dress (July 3 – September 22, 2013)

Pont des Invalides
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

Le pont des Invalides est le plus bas pont situé à Paris et traversant la Seine.SituationCe site est desservi par les stations de métro Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau, Alma - Marceau et La Tour-Maubourg.HistoireL'histoire de ce pont débute en 1821, lorsque l'ingénieur Claude Navier travaille à la conception d'un pont techniquement révolutionnaire destiné à être construit face à l'hôtel des Invalides (à l'emplacement de l'actuel pont Alexandre-III). La construction d'un pont suspendu devant franchir la Seine sans point d'appui débute donc en 1824. Hélas, des ruptures et des éboulements condamnent le projet à la démolition avant même sa mise en service.À la suite de plaintes de défenseurs de la perspective des Invalides, l'Administration décide de transférer le futur pont en aval. Cette fois il s'agit d'un pont suspendu en trois parties supportées par des portiques de 20 m de haut, avec deux piles dans la Seine. Les ingénieurs Marie Fortuné de Vergès et Bayard de la Vingtrie terminent leur ouvrage en 1829, mais celui-ci fatigue rapidement et son accès doit être réglementé dès 1850.

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Apostolic Nuncio to France
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
10 Avenue du Président Wilson
Paris, France

The Apostolic Nunciature to the French Republic is an ecclesiastical office of the Catholic Church in France. It is a diplomatic post of the Holy See, whose representative is called the Apostolic Nuncio with the rank of an ambassador.History of the NunciatureThe early twentieth century was a very difficult time in France-Vatican relations because of tensions over Church-State separation and anticlericalism, which were condemned by Pius X, and which led to the freezing of relations.However, relations were renewed after the First World War and had very much improved under the presidency of Charles de Gaulle. There was controversy over relations under the Vichy regime, because the regime rewarded the Church even though bishops often opposed antisemitism.Relations with the Sarkozy government have been relatively good, given the fact that the government has announced an end to the ban on recognition of higher Christian institutions.

Ambassade d'Espagne en France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
22, avenue Marceau
Paris, France 75008

L'ambassade d'Espagne en France est la représentation diplomatique du royaume d'Espagne auprès de la République française. Elle est située 22 Avenue Marceau dans le 8e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2014, Ramón de Miguel Egea.ConsulatOutre la section consulaire de son ambassade à Paris, située 165 boulevard Malesherbes dans le 17e arrondissement de Paris, l'Espagne possède des consulats généraux à Bayonne, Bordeaux, Lyon, Montpellier, Marseille, Pau, Perpignan, Strasbourg et Toulouse.Notes et référencesDans le Journal officiel de la République française (JORF), sur Légifrance :Autres références :Voir aussiArticles connexesLiens externes Site de l'ambassade d'Espagne en France. (Consulté le 23 avril 2016) Documents de référence : Traités bilatéraux. (Consulté le 23 avril 2016)