EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Pont de l'Alma, Paris | Tourist Information


Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75007

<>

Pont de l'Alma is a road bridge in Paris across the Seine. It was named to commemorate the Battle of Alma during the Crimean War, in which the Ottoman-Franco-British alliance achieved victory over the Russian army on 20 September 1854.HistoryConstructionConstruction of an arch bridge took place between 1854 and 1856. It was designed by Paul-Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie and was inaugurated by Napoleon III on 2 April 1856. Each side of both of the two piers was decorated with a statue of military nature: a Zouave and a grenadier by Georges Diébolt, and a skirmisher and an artilleryman by Arnaud.Zouave statue and floodingThe general public took the original bridge as a measuring instrument for water levels in times of flooding on the Seine: access to the footpaths by the river embankments usually was closed when the Seine's level reached the feet of the Zouave; when the water hit his thighs, the river was unnavigable. During the great flood of the Seine in 1910, the level reached his shoulders. The French Civil Service used the Pont de la Tournelle, not the Pont de l'Alma, to gauge flood levels, and since 1868 uses the Pont d'Austerlitz.

Bridge Near Pont de l'Alma

Pont des Arts
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

Pont Alexandre III
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont Alexandre III
Paris, France Paris

Pont Alexandre III
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont Alexandre III
Paris, France 75007

Le pont Alexandre-III est un pont franchissant la Seine entre le 7e arrondissement de Paris et le arrondissement de Paris.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Invalides. En outre, il est desservi par la gare des Invalides de la ligne C du RER.HistoriqueLe projetInauguré pour l'Exposition universelle de Paris en 1900, le pont était destiné à symboliser l'amitié franco-russe, instaurée par la signature de l'alliance conclue en 1891 entre l’empereur Alexandre III (1845-1894) et le président de la République française Sadi Carnot. La première pierre fut posée par le tsar Nicolas II de Russie, l'impératrice Alexandra Fedorovna et le président Félix Faure le 7 octobre 1896. La construction de cet ouvrage d'art fut confiée aux ingénieurs Jean Résal et Amédée Alby, ainsi qu'aux architectes Cassien-Bernard et Gaston Cousin.

Pont Neuf
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, France Paris

Pont de Bir-Hakeim
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Bir Hakeim
Paris, France 75016

Le pont de Bir-Hakeim, anciennement pont de Passy, est un pont parisien franchissant la Seine, dont la première version date de 1878. Il a été inscrit au titre des monuments historiques, par arrêté du.GéographieLe pont de Bir-Hakeim relie l'avenue du Président-Kennedy sur la rive droite de la Seine, dans le quartier de la Muette, aux quais Branly et de Grenelle sur la rive gauche, dans le quartier de Grenelle.La vue sur la tour Eiffel est remarquable depuis le pont. Lors des feux d'artifice et autres grands évènements, la foule l'envahit pour profiter du spectacle.Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Passy et Bir-Hakeim.

Pont Alexandre III, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
75000 Paris
Paris, France

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

Le pont de l'Alma est un pont situé à Paris traversant la Seine. Son nom rappelle la bataille de l'Alma (1854) en Crimée.L'extrémité nord du pont est desservie par la station du métro Alma - Marceau, et l'extrémité sud, par la gare du RER Pont de l'Alma.LocalisationCe pont relie le quai Branly ((Paris)|rive gauchequai Branly]]) à l'avenue de New-York ((Paris)|rive droiteavenue de New-York]]). Sur la rive droite il sépare les ports de la Conférence et Debilly, et sur la rive gauche, ceux du Gros-Caillou et de La Bourdonnais.HistoireLe pont est construit de 1854 à 1856 sous la direction de Hyacinthe Gariel. Il est inauguré par Napoléon III le (initialement son inauguration était prévue pour l'exposition universelle de 1855).

Pont de Bir-Hakeim
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Bir Hakeim
Paris, France 75015

<>

The pont de Bir-Hakeim, formerly the pont de Passy, is a bridge that crosses the Seine River in Paris, France. It connects the city's 15th and 16th arrondissements, and passes through the île aux Cygnes.The bridge, made of steel, is the second to have stood at the site. It was constructed between 1903 and 1905, replacing an earlier bridge that had been erected in 1878. An arch bridge, it is 237 metres (777 ft) long and 24.7 metres (81 ft) wide.It was designed by the architect Jean-Camille Formigé, who also designed the Viaduc d'Austerlitz, the greenhouses of Auteuil, and the park below the Basilica of Sacré-Coeur, and restored the Roman amphitheater in Arles and the Roman theater in Orange.The bridge has two levels: one for motor vehicles and pedestrians, and a viaduct (the "viaduc de Passy") above, through which passes Line 6 of the Paris Métro. The railway viaduct is supported by metal colonnades, except where it passes over the île aux Cygnes, where it rests on a masonry arch. Many commemorative plates decorate the viaduct bridge, including several dedicated to soldiers fallen in Belgium during the Second World War.

Pont Mirabeau
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont Mirabeau
Paris, France 75116

<>

The pont Mirabeau in Paris was built between 1895 and 1897. It was listed a historical monument in 1975.GeographyThe bridge spans the Seine from the 15th arrondissement (left bank), to the 16th arrondissement. It links rue de la Convention and place Mirabeau, on the left bank, to rue de Rémusat. On the left side, upstream, is the gare de Javel of the RER, line C. The bridge is served by the Paris Metro stations Mirabeau and Javel - André Citroën.HistoryThe decision to create a new bridge to the right of the junction created by avenue de Versailles and rue Mirabeau was taken by the French President Sadi Carnot on 12 January 1893. The bridge was designed by the engineer Paul Rabel, responsible for the bridges of Paris, assisted by the engineers Jean Résal and Amédée d'Alby, and built by Daydé & Pillé.ArchitectureThe principal arch has a span of 93 meters, and the two lateral arches 32,4 m. The one on the right bank spans the road, while the one of the left bank spans the quay and extends the link over the RER railway. At the time of its construction, this was the longest and highest bridge in Paris. The bridge is 173 meters long, 20 m. wide (the roadway measures 12 m., and the two pavements 4 m. each).

Pont des Arts,Jardin du Louvre
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Léopold Sédar Senghor
Paris, France 75001

<>

Ponte Dos Cadeados ( Pont Des Arts )
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

Pont de la Concorde
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Concorde
Paris, France 75007

The Pont de la Concorde is an arch bridge across the River Seine in Paris connecting the Quai des Tuileries at the Place de la Concorde (on the Right Bank) and the Quai d'Orsay (on the Left Bank). It has formerly been known as the Pont Louis XVI, Pont de la Révolution, Pont de la Concorde, Pont Louis XVI again during the Bourbon Restoration (1814), and again in 1830, Pont de la Concorde, the name it has retained to this day. It is served by the Metro stations Assemblée nationale and Concorde.

Pont des Invalides
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Invalides
Paris, France

The Pont des Invalides is the lowest bridge traversing the Seine in Paris.HistoryThe story of this bridge started in 1821, when engineer Claude Navier conceived a technologically revolutionary bridge that crossed the Seine in one single reach without any point of support in between. The proposed suspension bridge, the construction of which started in 1824, was meant to be erected opposite to the Hotel des Invalides on the site of the current Pont Alexandre III. Due to cracks in some parts of the bridge and gradual settling, the project was abandoned before the bridge even made it into service.In response to complaints from the defenders of the Invalides perspective, the Public Services decided to shift the bridge site upriver. Therefore, in 1829, two engineers, de Verges and Bayard de la Vingtrie, completed the construction of a proper suspension bridge supported by two piers in the Seine and three porticos, each 20 m in height. Unfortunately, due to rapidly growing wear on the bridge, its access had to be regulated in 1850.In 1854, the bridge was demolished to be replaced by a new one in time for the upcoming 1855 World Fair in Paris. Paul-Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie and Jules Savarin used the existing piers of the former suspension bridge and a newly added central pier to build an arch bridge in masonry on the same site. The new pier was adorned with sculptures in two allegorical themes: the Land Victory by Victor Vilain upriver; the Maritime Victory by Georges Diébolt downstream, whereas the two old piers were adorned with sculptures of military trophies bearing the imperial coat of arms, both the work of Astyanax-Scévola Bosio.

Pont d'Iéna
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Iéna
Paris, France 75007

<>

Pont d'Iéna is a bridge spanning the River Seine in Paris. It links the Eiffel Tower on the Left Bank to the district of Trocadéro on the Right Bank.HistoryIn 1807, Napoléon I ordered, by an imperial decree issued in Warsaw, the construction of a bridge overlooking the Military School, and named the bridge after his victory in 1806 at the Battle of Jena, disregarding names considered previously: pont du Champ-de-Mars and pont de l'École militaire. Prussian General Blücher wanted to destroy the bridge before the Battle of Paris in 1814, but was persuaded not to by the Allied forces. Blücher had been present at the humiliating defeat of the Prussians by Napoleon at the Battle of Jena, where approximately 28,000 Prussians were killed to France's 2,480, after which Prussia was occupied by France.The structure was designed with five arches, each with an arc length of 28 m, and four intermediate piers. The initial construction, the cost of which was enormous at the time, was fully financed by the State and spanned six years from 1808 to 1814.The tympana along the sides of the bridge had been originally decorated with imperial eagles conceptualized by François-Frédéric Lemot and sculpted by Jean-François Mouret. The eagles were replaced with the royal letter "L" soon after the fall of the First Empire in 1815 but in 1852, when Napoléon III ascended the throne of the Second Empire, new imperial eagles, this time by the chisel of Antoine-Louis Barye, replaced the royal "L".

Pont Mirabeau
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont Mirabeau
Paris, France

Le pont Mirabeau est un pont de Paris construit de 1893 à 1896. Il a été classé monument historique le.GéographieLe pont enjambe la Seine du arrondissement (situé sur la rive gauche de la Seine), au arrondissement. Il relie la rue de la Convention et le rond-point du Pont-Mirabeau, sur la rive gauche, à la place de Barcelone et à la rue de Rémusat, sur la rive droite. Sur la rive gauche, côté amont, se trouve la gare de Javel du RER, ligne C.Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Mirabeau et Javel - André Citroën.HistoireLa décision de construire un nouveau pont au droit du carrefour formé par l’avenue de Versailles et la rue Mirabeau, est prise par le président de la République Sadi Carnot, le 12 janvier 1893. Il a été conçu par l’ingénieur Paul Rabel, responsable des ponts de Paris, assisté des ingénieurs Jean Résal et Amédée Alby, et construit par l’entreprise Daydé & Pillé. Il est aussi le titre d'un poème très connu de Guillaume Apollinaire, Le Pont Mirabeau.

Pont Des Arts
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France

<>

Pont de la Concorde
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Concorde
Paris, France Paris

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris, France 75015

<>

The pont de Grenelle is a bridge in Paris, France that crosses the Seine river. It connects the city's 15th and 16th arrondissements, and passes through the Île aux Cygnes. Constructed of steel, it is a girder bridge. The current bridge was constructed in 1966, replacing an earlier bridge that had stood since 1873. The bridge passes behind a replica of the Statue of Liberty.

Pont Royal
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, France 75007

Community and Government Near Pont de l'Alma

Invalides
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 75007

<>

Invalides est une station des lignes 8 et 13 du métro de Paris. Elle est située dans le arrondissement de Paris.

Jardins du Trocadéro
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

<>

Jardins du Trocadéro is an open space in Paris, located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, bounded to the northwest by the wings of the Palais de Chaillot and to the southeast by the Seine and the Pont d'Iéna, with the Eiffel Tower on the opposite bank of the Seine.The main feature, called the Fountain of Warsaw, is a long basin, or water mirror, with twelve fountain creating columns of water 12 metres high; twenty four smaller fountains four metres high; and ten arches of water. At one end, facing the Seine, are twenty powerful water cannons, able to project a jet of water fifty metres. Above the long basin are two smaller basins, linked with the lower basin by cascades flanked by 32 sprays of water four meters high. These fountains are the only exposition fountains which still exist today, and still function as they once did. In 2011, the fountain's waterworks were completely renovated and a modern pumping system was installed.HistoryThe entire site was formerly the garden of the original Palais du Trocadero, laid out by Jean-Charles Alphand for the Exposition Universelle (1878).The present garden has an area of 93,930 m2, and was created for the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne (1937). This was the design of Parisian architect Roger-Henri Expert. During the exposition in 1937, the pavillons of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union were facing each other on opposite sides of the Jardins du Trocadéro.

La Tour Effeil - Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

+33 892 70 12 39

Invalides
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Hotel des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

Invalides is a Metro & RER station on lines 8 and 13 of the Paris Métro and on RER line C in the 7th arrondissement, located near and named after les Invalides.The metro station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of Line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 13 platforms were opened on 20 December 1923 as part of the original section of line 10 between Invalides and Croix Rouge (a station east of Sèvres – Babylone, which was closed during World War II). On 27 July 1937 the section of line 10 between Invalides and Duroc was transferred to become the first section of old line 14, which was connected under the Seine and incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976.The Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly (the lower house of the French Parliament), is nearby.

Ministère des Affaires Étrangères et du Développement International
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
37 quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75007

Pont des Invalides
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Invalides
Paris, France

The Pont des Invalides is the lowest bridge traversing the Seine in Paris.HistoryThe story of this bridge started in 1821, when engineer Claude Navier conceived a technologically revolutionary bridge that crossed the Seine in one single reach without any point of support in between. The proposed suspension bridge, the construction of which started in 1824, was meant to be erected opposite to the Hotel des Invalides on the site of the current Pont Alexandre III. Due to cracks in some parts of the bridge and gradual settling, the project was abandoned before the bridge even made it into service.In response to complaints from the defenders of the Invalides perspective, the Public Services decided to shift the bridge site upriver. Therefore, in 1829, two engineers, de Verges and Bayard de la Vingtrie, completed the construction of a proper suspension bridge supported by two piers in the Seine and three porticos, each 20 m in height. Unfortunately, due to rapidly growing wear on the bridge, its access had to be regulated in 1850.In 1854, the bridge was demolished to be replaced by a new one in time for the upcoming 1855 World Fair in Paris. Paul-Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie and Jules Savarin used the existing piers of the former suspension bridge and a newly added central pier to build an arch bridge in masonry on the same site. The new pier was adorned with sculptures in two allegorical themes: the Land Victory by Victor Vilain upriver; the Maritime Victory by Georges Diébolt downstream, whereas the two old piers were adorned with sculptures of military trophies bearing the imperial coat of arms, both the work of Astyanax-Scévola Bosio.

Les Champs Élysées
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champs Elysees
Paris, France 75008

01 45 61 27 27

Champs Elisé
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
avenue des Champs Elysées
Paris, France 75008

Assemblea Nazionale (Francia)
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
126 rue de l'Université
Paris, France 75007

Bienvenue sur la page officielle de l'Assemblée nationale française. Afin d'assurer la qualité des débats, cette page est modérée sur la base d'une charte.

Passerelle Debilly
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Debilly
Paris, France 75016

<>

The Passerelle Debilly is an arch bridge situated in Paris bestriding the Seine. It is a footbridge that connects the quai de New York to the quai Branly, close to the Eiffel Tower.HistoryIn order to accommodate visitor traffic to the 1900 World's Fair across the Seine, the General Commissioner of the Exposition, Alfred Picard, approved the construction of a provisional footbridge opposite the Avenue Albert de Mun, to join the Army and Navy Halls to the exhibit recreating old Paris. Its architect, Jean Résal, also designed the Pont Alexandre III and the Viaduc d'Austerlitz.The Debilly footbridge had, as well, a succession of provisional names. It was initially called passerelle de l'Exposition Militaire or passerelle de Magdebourg, only later passerelle Debilly, after General Jean Louis Debilly of the French First Empire who was killed in the Battle of Jena in 1806. The bridge became a permanent fixture from its original provisional status under the management of the City of Paris in 1906 after it was relocated opposite to the rue de la Manutention.The footbridge is built on a metallic framework resting on two stone piers at the riverbanks, and decorated with dark green ceramic tiles arranged in a fashion that suggests the impression of waves. Along with the Eiffel Tower, this is the second metallic structure that stands as an attestation to the engineering achievements of its epoch. Nevertheless, in 1941, the Debilly footbridge was threatened with disappearance when the president of the architectural society characterized it as a forgotten accessory of a past event. Fortunately, as a contemporary of the Pont Alexandre III and the Austerlitz Viaduct, the Passerelle Debilly was eventually included in the supplementary registry of historical monuments in 1966.

Quai d'Orsay
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Port Des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

The Quai d’Orsay is a quai in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, part of the left bank of the Seine, and the name of the street along it. The Quai becomes the east of the Palais Bourbon, and the Quai Branly west of the Pont de l'Alma.The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs is located on the Quai d'Orsay, and thus the ministry is often called the Quai d'Orsay by metonymy.The Quai (rue du Bac) has historically played an important role in French art as a location to which many artists came to paint along the banks of the river Seine.The building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was developed between 1844 and 1855 by Lacornée. The statues of the facade were created by the sculptor Henri Triqueti (1870).

Queenie Club, Champs Elysees, Paris-FRANCE.
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
5 rue de berri
Paris, France 75008

01 45 62 50 23

Revlon Professional Academy
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue du Collisée
Paris, France 75008

+33 1 56 43 71 00

Rue Amelie
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Amelie
Paris, France 75007

Tour Eiffel, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Le Lido
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
116, avenue des Champs Elysees
Paris, France

Le Lido is a cabaret and burlesque show located on the Champs-Élysées in Paris, France. It opened in 1946. It is known for its exotic shows including dancers, singers, and other performers. Famous names have performed there including: Edith Piaf, Siegfried and Roy, Sylvie Vartan, Johnny Hallyday, Maurice Chevalier, Marlene Dietrich, Eartha Kitt, Josephine Baker, Kessler Twins, Elton John, Laurel & Hardy, Dalida, Shirley MacLaine, Mitzi Gaynor, Juliet Prowse and Noël Coward.HistoryFounded by Joseph and Louis Clérico, Le Lido opened on June 20, 1946. Le Lido was preceded by an artificial beach in a townhouse basement in the 1920s, running as a nightclub/casino in the late night hours.In 1955, after a visit by the entertainment director of the Stardust Resort and Casino, the Clérico brothers along with Donn Arden brought the Lido to the Stardust. This started a series of imports of Parisian cabaret shows to Las Vegas: Follies Bergeres to the Tropicana, Nouvelle Eve to El Rancho and Casino de Paris to the Dunes. The Stardust edition of Le Lido closed in 1992.

Église Américaine De Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
65 Quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75007

01 40 62 05 00

Eglise St Pierre De Chaillot
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
31 Avenue Marceau
Paris, France 75016

Embassy of Canada, Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Adresse postale:Ambassade du Canada 35, avenue Montaigne 75008 Paris FRANCE
Paris, France 75008

0022247885914

L’ambassade du Canada en France est la représentation diplomatique du Canada auprès de la République française. Elle est située à Paris, la capitale du pays, et son ambassadeur est, depuis 2012, Lawrence Cannon.L’ambassadeL’ambassade est située 35, avenue Montaigne, dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle accueille aussi un consulat général. La résidence de l'ambassadeur est située au 135, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré. Paris est aussi le siège des délégations permanentes du Canada auprès de l’UNESCO et de l’OCDE, ainsi que de la délégation du gouvernement du Québec, qui est située 66 rue Pergolèse.L'ambassadeur du Canada en France est aussi ambassadeur extraordinaire et plénipotentiaire du Canada à Monaco depuis le, le Canada devenant la puissance étrangère à être accréditée auprès de la Principauté.HistoireL'ambassade est la plus ancienne mission diplomatique du Canada (il faut noter que le Royaume-Uni n'était pas considéré comme un pays étranger).

Salon Gustave Eiffel
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

01 44 11 23 33

Interest Near Pont de l'Alma

Opéra
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75008

0664265620

Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 2.3 mi Tourist Information
5 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon () is a square in Paris. It is located in the Latin Quarter, in the 5th arrondissement. It is named after the Panthéon.

Paris sewers
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai D'orsay
Paris, France 75007

+33 (0) 1 53 68 27 81.

The Parisian sewer system dates back to the year 1370 when the first underground system was constructed under "rue Montmartre". Since then, consecutive French governments have enlarged the system to cover the city's population.HistoryUntil the Middle Ages, the drinking water in Paris was taken from the river Seine. The wastewater was poured onto fields or unpaved streets, and finally filtered back into the Seine. Around 1200, Phillipe Auguste had the Parisian streets paved, incorporating a drain for waste water in their middle. In 1370 Hugues Aubriot, a Parisian provost had a vaulted, stone walled sewer built in the "rue Montmartre". This sewer collected the wastewater and took it to the "Ménilmontant" brook. However the wastewater was still drained in the open air.Under the reign of Louis XIV, a large ring sewer was built on the right bank, and the Bièvre River was used as a sewer for the left bank of the Seine. On at least two occasions in the late 1700s, Paris refused to build an updated water system that scientists had studied. Women were actually carrying water from the river Seine to their residences in buckets. Voltaire wrote about it, saying that they "will not begrudge money for a Comic Opera, but will complain about building aqueducts worthy of Augustus". Louis Pasteur himself lost three children to typhoid. Under Napoleon I, the first Parisian vaulted sewer network was built. It was 30 km long.In 1855, as a part of his plan to improve the sanitation and traffic circulation in Paris, Napoleon III ordered the construction of new boulevards, aqueducts and sewers. His prefect for the Seine, Baron Haussmann, and the engineer Eugène Belgrand, designed the present Parisian sewer and water supply networks. Thus was built, more than a century ago, a double water supply network (one for drinking water and one for non drinking water) and a sewer network that was 600 km long in 1878.

Maison de Balzac
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
47 rue Raynouard
Paris, France 75016

01 55 74 41 80

The Maison de Balzac is a writer's house museum in the former residence of French novelist Honoré de Balzac (1799–1850). It is located in the 16th arrondissement at 47, rue Raynouard, Paris, France, and open daily except Mondays and holidays; admission to the house is free, but a fee is charged for its temporary exhibitions. The nearest métro and RER stations are Passy and Avenue du Président Kennedy.The modest house, with its courtyard and garden, is located within the residential district of Passy near the Bois de Boulogne. Having fled his creditors, Balzac rented its top floor from 1840-1847 under his housekeeper's name (Mr. de Breugnol). It was acquired by the city of Paris in 1949, and is now one of the city's three literary museums, along with the Maison de Victor Hugo and the Musée de la Vie Romantique (George Sand). It is the only one of Balzac's many residences still in existence.Balzac's five-room apartment was located on the top floor, at three levels, and as today opened into the garden. Here he edited La Comedie humaine and wrote some of his finest novels, including La Rabouilleuse, Une Ténébreuse Affaire, and La Cousine Bette. Although the writer's furniture was dispersed after his widow's death, the museum now contains Balzac's writing desk and chair, his turquoise-studded cane by Lecointe (1834), and his tea kettle and a coffee pot given to him by Zulma Carraud in 1832.

Square d'Orléans
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue Taitbout
Paris, France 75009

The Square d'Orléans, is a residential square in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, at 80, rue Taitbout.The square was designed by the English architect Edward Cresy, and built in 1829 on land that had originally belonged to the family of the musician Daniel Auber. The original entry to the square was at 36, rue Saint-Lazare. The name 'Square d'Orléans' was probably a tribute to Louis Philippe of the Orléans family, who became King of France in 1830. .The facades of the interior courtyard are decorated by porches with Ionic half-pillars, in a style that is analogous to that of the terraces of Regent's Park, London,, designed by John Nash in the 1820s.The Square became a fashionable residence in which many celebrities of the July monarchy period took apartments, including Frédéric Chopin, George Sand, Marie Taglioni, Alexandre Dumas and Charles-Valentin Alkan.

Hôtel PLM Saint-Jacques
Distance: 2.8 mi Tourist Information
75 rue la santé
Paris, France

Le Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center, situé 17 boulevard Saint-Jacques, dans le arrondissement de Paris, est un hôtel propriété de Marriott International. Il a été construit entre 1969 et 1972 et rénové en 2006.Dessiné par l'architecte Pierre Giudicelli, ouvert en 1972 sous le nom de PLM Saint Jacques il faisait figure à l'époque d'hôtel le plus moderne du monde. Vendu en 2006 par Accor à Mariott, il a pris le nom de Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center après sa rénovation par l'agence Mackenzie Wheeler.Le ''PLM Saint-Jacques''À la place de l'une des deux fabriques de lits Pardon, débutent en 1969 les travaux de ce qui doit être le symbole de l'hôtellerie moderne en France, PLM et la Banque Rothschild s'associent pour sortir de terre ce projet pharaonique. Depuis les années 1930, aucun hôtel de luxe de plus de 500 chambres n'avait été construit au cœur de Paris.À l’époque de sa construction, le PLM Saint-Jacques est un véritable évènement : l’hôtel bénéficie en effet d’un système informatique IBM pour la réservation des chambres unique au monde et d'ascenseurs ultra rapides. Dès son ouverture, il devient le lieu de rendez-vous des artistes, écrivains, acteurs et personnalités du spectacle, comme Samuel Beckett, Serge Gainsbourg ou Jacques Dutronc.L’hôtel abrite également un Centre de convention de places, compte de nombreuses boutiques de luxe, ainsi qu'un cinéma de 180 places portant le nom de son parrain, l’acteur Jerry Lewis – il a fermé en 1987. Se trouvait aussi l’un des tout premiers restaurants japonais de Paris, le « Jun » avec en cuisine le chef japonais Sasaki (il office désormais au restaurant Kagayaki).

Apostolic Nuncio to France
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 Avenue du Président Wilson
Paris, France

The Apostolic Nunciature to the French Republic is an ecclesiastical office of the Catholic Church in France. It is a diplomatic post of the Holy See, whose representative is called the Apostolic Nuncio with the rank of an ambassador.History of the NunciatureThe early twentieth century was a very difficult time in France-Vatican relations because of tensions over Church-State separation and anticlericalism, which were condemned by Pius X, and which led to the freezing of relations.However, relations were renewed after the First World War and had very much improved under the presidency of Charles de Gaulle. There was controversy over relations under the Vichy regime, because the regime rewarded the Church even though bishops often opposed antisemitism.Relations with the Sarkozy government have been relatively good, given the fact that the government has announced an end to the ban on recognition of higher Christian institutions.

Landmark Near Pont de l'Alma

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

Le pont de l'Alma est un pont situé à Paris traversant la Seine. Son nom rappelle la bataille de l'Alma (1854) en Crimée.L'extrémité nord du pont est desservie par la station du métro Alma - Marceau, et l'extrémité sud, par la gare du RER Pont de l'Alma.LocalisationCe pont relie le quai Branly ((Paris)|rive gauchequai Branly]]) à l'avenue de New-York ((Paris)|rive droiteavenue de New-York]]). Sur la rive droite il sépare les ports de la Conférence et Debilly, et sur la rive gauche, ceux du Gros-Caillou et de La Bourdonnais.HistoireLe pont est construit de 1854 à 1856 sous la direction de Hyacinthe Gariel. Il est inauguré par Napoléon III le (initialement son inauguration était prévue pour l'exposition universelle de 1855).

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

Le pont de l'Alma est un pont situé à Paris traversant la Seine. Son nom rappelle la bataille de l'Alma (1854) en Crimée.L'extrémité nord du pont est desservie par la station du métro Alma - Marceau, et l'extrémité sud, par la gare du RER Pont de l'Alma.LocalisationCe pont relie le quai Branly ((Paris)|rive gauchequai Branly]]) à l'avenue de New-York ((Paris)|rive droiteavenue de New-York]]). Sur la rive droite il sépare les ports de la Conférence et Debilly, et sur la rive gauche, ceux du Gros-Caillou et de La Bourdonnais.HistoireLe pont est construit de 1854 à 1856 sous la direction de Hyacinthe Gariel. Il est inauguré par Napoléon III le (initialement son inauguration était prévue pour l'exposition universelle de 1855).

Pont d'Iéna
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Iéna
Paris, France 75007

<>

Pont d'Iéna is a bridge spanning the River Seine in Paris. It links the Eiffel Tower on the Left Bank to the district of Trocadéro on the Right Bank.HistoryIn 1807, Napoléon I ordered, by an imperial decree issued in Warsaw, the construction of a bridge overlooking the Military School, and named the bridge after his victory in 1806 at the Battle of Jena, disregarding names considered previously: pont du Champ-de-Mars and pont de l'École militaire. Prussian General Blücher wanted to destroy the bridge before the Battle of Paris in 1814, but was persuaded not to by the Allied forces. Blücher had been present at the humiliating defeat of the Prussians by Napoleon at the Battle of Jena, where approximately 28,000 Prussians were killed to France's 2,480, after which Prussia was occupied by France.The structure was designed with five arches, each with an arc length of 28 m, and four intermediate piers. The initial construction, the cost of which was enormous at the time, was fully financed by the State and spanned six years from 1808 to 1814.The tympana along the sides of the bridge had been originally decorated with imperial eagles conceptualized by François-Frédéric Lemot and sculpted by Jean-François Mouret. The eagles were replaced with the royal letter "L" soon after the fall of the First Empire in 1815 but in 1852, when Napoléon III ascended the throne of the Second Empire, new imperial eagles, this time by the chisel of Antoine-Louis Barye, replaced the royal "L".

Rue Saint-Dominique
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, France 75007

The rue Saint-Dominique is a street in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was formerly known as chemin de la Longue Raye (1355), chemin des Treilles (1433), chemin Herbu (des Moulins à Vent) (1523), chemin de l'Oseraie (1527), chemin du Port (1530), chemin des Vaches (1542), chemin de la Justice and chemin des Charbonniers. It was renamed rue Saint-Dominique in 1643 after the Dominican monastery set up a few years earlier near the eastern end of the street (now absorbed by the Boulevard Saint-Germain), whose only remnant is the église Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin on the place Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin (called place des Jacobins until 1802, after the Dominicans).In 1670, Jeanne Baptiste d'Albert de Luynes was born at number 33, the Hôtel de Luynes. It is now destroyed.The Rue Saint-Dominique is crossed by the Esplanade des Invalides.Popular cultureThe Irish musician Rob Smith released a song in March 2011 called "Rue Sainte-Dominique". The music video was shot on the street and surrounding area.

Avenue de New York
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

<>

Passerelle Debilly
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Debilly
Paris, France 75016

<>

The Passerelle Debilly is an arch bridge situated in Paris bestriding the Seine. It is a footbridge that connects the quai de New York to the quai Branly, close to the Eiffel Tower.HistoryIn order to accommodate visitor traffic to the 1900 World's Fair across the Seine, the General Commissioner of the Exposition, Alfred Picard, approved the construction of a provisional footbridge opposite the Avenue Albert de Mun, to join the Army and Navy Halls to the exhibit recreating old Paris. Its architect, Jean Résal, also designed the Pont Alexandre III and the Viaduc d'Austerlitz.The Debilly footbridge had, as well, a succession of provisional names. It was initially called passerelle de l'Exposition Militaire or passerelle de Magdebourg, only later passerelle Debilly, after General Jean Louis Debilly of the French First Empire who was killed in the Battle of Jena in 1806. The bridge became a permanent fixture from its original provisional status under the management of the City of Paris in 1906 after it was relocated opposite to the rue de la Manutention.The footbridge is built on a metallic framework resting on two stone piers at the riverbanks, and decorated with dark green ceramic tiles arranged in a fashion that suggests the impression of waves. Along with the Eiffel Tower, this is the second metallic structure that stands as an attestation to the engineering achievements of its epoch. Nevertheless, in 1941, the Debilly footbridge was threatened with disappearance when the president of the architectural society characterized it as a forgotten accessory of a past event. Fortunately, as a contemporary of the Pont Alexandre III and the Austerlitz Viaduct, the Passerelle Debilly was eventually included in the supplementary registry of historical monuments in 1966.

American Cathedral in Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
23, Avenue George V
Paris, France 75008

01 53 23 84 00

The American Cathedral in Paris, formally known as the Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity, is the gathering church for the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, and is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. The church is located in central Paris between the Champs-Elysées and the River Seine at 23 avenue George V in the 8th arrondissement. The closest métro stations are Alma – Marceau 15px 15px and George V 15px 15pxHistoryThe origins of the American Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, an Episcopal church in Paris, date back to the 1830s when American Episcopalians began to meet together for services in the garden pavilion of the Hôtel Matignon, now the official residence of the French prime minister, then the home of American expatriate Colonel Herman Thorn (1783–1859). In 1859, the formal establishment of a parish took place and in 1864 the first church building was consecrated on Rue Bayard.It was in the 1870s that John B. Morgan, who was a cousin of J. P. Morgan, became the rector of Holy Trinity Parish. He decided that the congregation needed a larger church and began a fund-raising effort which was successful in raising the money needed. The site that was purchased for construction is on Avenue George V (then called Avenue d'Alma) and was originally part of the estate of the half-brother of Emperor Napoléon III, the Duc de Morny. The plans were approved in October, 1882 and construction was completed in less than four years. The church had its inaugural services in September, 1886.

Avenue Bosquet
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Bosquet
Paris, France 75007

<>

Quai d'Orsay
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Port Des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

The Quai d’Orsay is a quai in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, part of the left bank of the Seine, and the name of the street along it. The Quai becomes the east of the Palais Bourbon, and the Quai Branly west of the Pont de l'Alma.The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs is located on the Quai d'Orsay, and thus the ministry is often called the Quai d'Orsay by metonymy.The Quai (rue du Bac) has historically played an important role in French art as a location to which many artists came to paint along the banks of the river Seine.The building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was developed between 1844 and 1855 by Lacornée. The statues of the facade were created by the sculptor Henri Triqueti (1870).

Pont des Invalides
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

Le pont des Invalides est le plus bas pont situé à Paris et traversant la Seine.SituationCe site est desservi par les stations de métro Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau, Alma - Marceau et La Tour-Maubourg.HistoireL'histoire de ce pont débute en 1821, lorsque l'ingénieur Claude Navier travaille à la conception d'un pont techniquement révolutionnaire destiné à être construit face à l'hôtel des Invalides (à l'emplacement de l'actuel pont Alexandre-III). La construction d'un pont suspendu devant franchir la Seine sans point d'appui débute donc en 1824. Hélas, des ruptures et des éboulements condamnent le projet à la démolition avant même sa mise en service.À la suite de plaintes de défenseurs de la perspective des Invalides, l'Administration décide de transférer le futur pont en aval. Cette fois il s'agit d'un pont suspendu en trois parties supportées par des portiques de 20 m de haut, avec deux piles dans la Seine. Les ingénieurs Marie Fortuné de Vergès et Bayard de la Vingtrie terminent leur ouvrage en 1829, mais celui-ci fatigue rapidement et son accès doit être réglementé dès 1850.

Pont des Invalides
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

Le pont des Invalides est le plus bas pont situé à Paris et traversant la Seine.SituationCe site est desservi par les stations de métro Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau, Alma - Marceau et La Tour-Maubourg.HistoireL'histoire de ce pont débute en 1821, lorsque l'ingénieur Claude Navier travaille à la conception d'un pont techniquement révolutionnaire destiné à être construit face à l'hôtel des Invalides (à l'emplacement de l'actuel pont Alexandre-III). La construction d'un pont suspendu devant franchir la Seine sans point d'appui débute donc en 1824. Hélas, des ruptures et des éboulements condamnent le projet à la démolition avant même sa mise en service.À la suite de plaintes de défenseurs de la perspective des Invalides, l'Administration décide de transférer le futur pont en aval. Cette fois il s'agit d'un pont suspendu en trois parties supportées par des portiques de 20 m de haut, avec deux piles dans la Seine. Les ingénieurs Marie Fortuné de Vergès et Bayard de la Vingtrie terminent leur ouvrage en 1829, mais celui-ci fatigue rapidement et son accès doit être réglementé dès 1850.

Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
34, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

Through a multidisciplinary program of exhibitions, events, and educational outreach, the Center’s mission is to engage visitors in a dialogue with the depth and diversity of the current American cultural scene.The current Center was launched in 2011, based on the legacy of the Mona Bismarck Foundation, which became active in 1986 following the death of its founder and sole benefactor, the American philanthropist Countess Mona von Bismarck. She donated her Parisian townhouse and the majority of her estate to found the Mona Bismarck Foundation, as "her desire was to establish a Cultural Centre in Paris to enhance the cause of American/French friendship upon her death".HistoryThe CenterLocated on the Seine, across from the Eiffel Tower, the hôtel particulier, or Parisian townhouse, was built at the end of the nineteenth century. It was reconfigured for Mona Bismarck in the late 1950s by French interior decorator Stéphane Boudin. The building was featured in a 1928 issue of Vogue.ProgrammingExhibitionsTwo to three temporary exhibitions of American art are presented each year in partnership with international institutions. Exhibitions focus on a single artist or theme and represent a range of artistic styles and movements.Past exhibitions :Quilt Art: L’Art du Patchwork(February 13 – May 19, 2013)Mary Cassatt à Paris: Drawings and Engravings from the Ambroise Vollard Collection(September 26, 2012 – January 20, 2013)The Wyeths: Three Generations of American ArtBank of America Merrill Lynch Collection(November 10, 2011 to February 12, 2012)Little Black Dress (July 3 – September 22, 2013)

Port Debilly
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Port Debilly
Paris, France 75116

Plaza Athénée
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 avenue Montaigne
Paris, France

The Hotel Plaza Athénée is a historic luxury hotel in Paris, France. It is located on 25 Avenue Montaigne, near the Champs-Élysées and Eiffel Tower. The Hotel Plaza Athénée is part of the Dorchester Collection group of international luxury hotels. The hotel has five restaurants and a bar.HistoryEarly historyThe Hotel Plaza Athénée opened on Avenue Montaigne on April 20, 1913. The hotel's first manager Emile Armbruster named it. Composers and artists regularly dined at Plaza Athénée after performances.At the time, Jacques-Léon Colombier, winner of the London Gourmet Prize, was the head chef of the hotel's restaurant. The Hotel Plaza Athénée remained open during World War I. In the 1920s Jules Lefebvre expanded the hotel's size with the addition of apartment hotels, the restaurant La Cour Jardin and two salons. The Le Relais restaurant became a cafeteria for American soldiers during the Liberation of Paris. In 1947, Christian Dior established his couture house next to the hotel. Georges Martin became the new hotel director in 1963. In 1968, the Forte Group purchased the Hotel Plaza Athénée.Late historyFrom 1998 to 2000, the hotel was renovated under the management of François Delahaye. He chose Alain Ducasse to supervise the hotel's catering services and create a menu for the hotel’s new restaurant Alain Ducasse. Ducasse obtained three Michelin stars at his Plaza Athénée restaurant in 2001. Additionally, Delahaye appointed pastry chef Christophe Michalak at La Galerie des Gobelins and Philippe Marc as chef of Le Relais Plaza.

Plaza Athénée
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 avenue Montaigne
Paris, France

The Hotel Plaza Athénée is a historic luxury hotel in Paris, France. It is located on 25 Avenue Montaigne, near the Champs-Élysées and Eiffel Tower. The Hotel Plaza Athénée is part of the Dorchester Collection group of international luxury hotels. The hotel has five restaurants and a bar.HistoryEarly historyThe Hotel Plaza Athénée opened on Avenue Montaigne on April 20, 1913. The hotel's first manager Emile Armbruster named it. Composers and artists regularly dined at Plaza Athénée after performances.At the time, Jacques-Léon Colombier, winner of the London Gourmet Prize, was the head chef of the hotel's restaurant. The Hotel Plaza Athénée remained open during World War I. In the 1920s Jules Lefebvre expanded the hotel's size with the addition of apartment hotels, the restaurant La Cour Jardin and two salons. The Le Relais restaurant became a cafeteria for American soldiers during the Liberation of Paris. In 1947, Christian Dior established his couture house next to the hotel. Georges Martin became the new hotel director in 1963. In 1968, the Forte Group purchased the Hotel Plaza Athénée.Late historyFrom 1998 to 2000, the hotel was renovated under the management of François Delahaye. He chose Alain Ducasse to supervise the hotel's catering services and create a menu for the hotel’s new restaurant Alain Ducasse. Ducasse obtained three Michelin stars at his Plaza Athénée restaurant in 2001. Additionally, Delahaye appointed pastry chef Christophe Michalak at La Galerie des Gobelins and Philippe Marc as chef of Le Relais Plaza.

Embassy of Canada, Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Adresse postale:Ambassade du Canada 35, avenue Montaigne 75008 Paris FRANCE
Paris, France 75008

0022247885914

L’ambassade du Canada en France est la représentation diplomatique du Canada auprès de la République française. Elle est située à Paris, la capitale du pays, et son ambassadeur est, depuis 2012, Lawrence Cannon.L’ambassadeL’ambassade est située 35, avenue Montaigne, dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle accueille aussi un consulat général. La résidence de l'ambassadeur est située au 135, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré. Paris est aussi le siège des délégations permanentes du Canada auprès de l’UNESCO et de l’OCDE, ainsi que de la délégation du gouvernement du Québec, qui est située 66 rue Pergolèse.L'ambassadeur du Canada en France est aussi ambassadeur extraordinaire et plénipotentiaire du Canada à Monaco depuis le, le Canada devenant la puissance étrangère à être accréditée auprès de la Principauté.HistoireL'ambassade est la plus ancienne mission diplomatique du Canada (il faut noter que le Royaume-Uni n'était pas considéré comme un pays étranger).

Embassy of Canada, Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Adresse postale:Ambassade du Canada 35, avenue Montaigne 75008 Paris FRANCE
Paris, France 75008

0022247885914

L’ambassade du Canada en France est la représentation diplomatique du Canada auprès de la République française. Elle est située à Paris, la capitale du pays, et son ambassadeur est, depuis 2012, Lawrence Cannon.L’ambassadeL’ambassade est située 35, avenue Montaigne, dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle accueille aussi un consulat général. La résidence de l'ambassadeur est située au 135, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré. Paris est aussi le siège des délégations permanentes du Canada auprès de l’UNESCO et de l’OCDE, ainsi que de la délégation du gouvernement du Québec, qui est située 66 rue Pergolèse.L'ambassadeur du Canada en France est aussi ambassadeur extraordinaire et plénipotentiaire du Canada à Monaco depuis le, le Canada devenant la puissance étrangère à être accréditée auprès de la Principauté.HistoireL'ambassade est la plus ancienne mission diplomatique du Canada (il faut noter que le Royaume-Uni n'était pas considéré comme un pays étranger).

Studio Harcourt
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
10 rue Jean Goujon
Paris, France 75008

01 42 56 67 67

Studio Harcourt is a photography studio founded in Paris in 1934 by the brothers Lacroix. It is known in particular for its black and-white photographs of movie stars and celebrities, but having one's photo taken at Harcourt a few times during one's life was once considered standard by the French upper middle class. The studio is currently located at 10 rue Jean-Goujon in Paris.HistoryHarcourt Studio Photography is the result of the association of the brothers Lacroix and Germaine Hirschefeld aka Cosette Harcourt, a photographer who had worked in the studio of the brothers Manuel. Initially, the company produced images for the press, at a time when prestigious photo studios like Nadar closed for lack of clients.The change in direction came when Cosette Harcourt started to specialize in black-and-white glamour photography of figures from French cinema and culture, always using 24 x 30 cm prints immediately recognizable for their distinctive style and lighting. This typical Harcourt style consists in a photo taken at close distance to the subject in its best light, generally creating a halo of light and dark, on a gray-to-black background. The attitude of the subject is personal, often wearing a slight smile, but somehow always feels a little staged. Also, the Harcourt logo is featured prominently on every print.This Harcourt style was inspired by the work of French cinematographer Henri Alekan. Around the time of World War II, Cosette Harcourt, who was Jewish, married one of the Lacroix brothers. Together they created a magazine, called Stars, to serve as an outlet for studio photos. During the occupation the German officers and many members of the regime of Vichy visited the studios, just as the Americans did after the French Liberation. After the war, Harcourt regained its momentum with movie star photography, continuing the tradition that made it successful initially.

Eglise Saint Pierre Du Gros Caillou
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
92, Rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, France 75007

(0033)144420404

Port Du Gros Caillou
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Port Du Gros Caillou
Paris, France 75007

<>

Public Transportation Near Pont de l'Alma

Place Pigalle
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
place Pigalle
Paris, France 75018

<>

Jardins du Luxembourg, Paris
Distance: 2.0 mi Tourist Information
6e Arrondissement
Paris, France 75006

St Michel Notre-Dame, Paris
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

<>

Tour Montparnasse
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
Avenue du Maine 33
Paris, France 75012

01 45 38 52 56

Tour Maine-Montparnasse, also commonly named Tour Montparnasse, is a 210m office skyscraper located in the Montparnasse area of Paris, France. Constructed from 1969 to 1973, it was the tallest skyscraper in France until 2011, when it was surpassed by the 231m Tour First., it is the 17th tallest building in the European Union. The tower was designed by architects Eugène Beaudouin, Urbain Cassan and Louis Hoym de Marien and built by Campenon Bernard.LocationBuilt on top of the Montparnasse – Bienvenüe Paris Métro station, the 59 floors of the tower are mainly occupied by offices. The 56th floor, with a restaurant called le Ciel de Paris, and the terrace on the top floor, are open to the public for viewing the city. The view covers a radius of 40km; aircraft can be seen taking off from Orly Airport. The guard rail, to which various antennae are attached, can be pneumatically lowered.CriticismThe tower's simple architecture, large proportions and monolithic appearance have been often criticized for being out of place in Paris's urban landscape. As a result, two years after its completion the construction of buildings over seven stories high in the city centre was banned.

Starbucks Coffee Gare Saint-Lazare
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
gare saint lazare
Paris, France 75008

<>

Indiana Club Gaîté Paris Montparnasse
Distance: 2.0 mi Tourist Information
77 Avenue du Maine
Paris, France 75014

01 43 22 50 46

Dôme des Invalides
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France

Grands Boulevards
Distance: 2.0 mi Tourist Information
9 Rue d'Uzes
Paris, France 75009

0771109300

Grands Boulevards is a station on lines 8 and 9 of the Paris Métro. The section of lines 8 and 9 from just east of Richelieu - Drouot to west of République was built under the Grand Boulevards, which replaced the Louis XIII wall and is in soft ground, which was once the course of the Seine. The lines are built on two levels, with line 8 on the higher level and line 9 in the lower level. The platforms are at the sides and the box containing the lines and supporting the road above is strengthened by a central wall between the tracks. There is no interconnection between the lines at Grands Boulevards, with each level having different accesses to the street.The station was opened on 5 May 1931 with the extension of line 8 from Richelieu - Drouot to Porte de Charenton. The line 9 platforms were opened on 10 December 1933 with the extension of the line from Richelieu - Drouot to Porte de Montreuil. Until 1998 the station was called Rue Montmartre. It was renamed to reflect the programme of the former Mayor of Paris, Jean Tiberi, to upgrade the main Boulevards of Paris and because the old name suggested that the station was in the Montmartre district, misleading tourists.

Gare Montparnasse
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
04 rue du Départ
Paris, France 75015

0140470809

Le Saint Lazare
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
104 rue Saint-Lazare 75009 Paris
Paris, France 75008

Saint-Lazare est une station des lignes 3, 12, 13 et 14 du métro de Paris ; elle est située en limite des 8ᵉ et 9ᵉ arrondissements de Paris. Constituant longtemps la station la plus fréquentée de la capitale durant le XXᵉ siècle, elle est devenue depuis la seconde par sa fréquentation après Gare du Nord, avec 46,8 millions de voyageurs entrants en 2011.

Bir-Hakeim
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
bir hakeim
Paris, France 75015

Bir-Hakeim is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. It is situated on the left bank of the Bir-Hakeim bridge over the Seine. The name of both the bridge and the station commemorates the World War II battle of Bir Hakeim.The station is above the RER C line; the station Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel is within walking distance.HistoryThe station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. The station was called Quai de Grenelle until 1949, when it was renamed to commemorate the battle of Bir Hakeim. A commemorative panel is situated at the entrance of the platform for trains traveling towards Nation. The station was the location of the Barrière de la Cunette, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.

Charles de Gaulle – Étoile
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France

Charles de Gaulle – Étoile is a station on Paris Métro Line 1 and of the RER urban rail network. It lies on the boundary of the 8th, 16th, and 17th arrondissements of Paris. Originally called simply Étoile, after its location at Place de l'Étoile, it took on the additional name of President Charles de Gaulle from 1970.The platforms are built beneath Place de l'Étoile, which is situated at the end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. The Arc de Triomphe is in the centre of the Place. Lines 1 and 2 have two side platforms each, while the terminus on Line 6 is a single track with two platforms situated in a loop; passengers alight on the left platform and board on the right. Trains depart immediately from this station and make a longer stop at Kléber.HistoryAlthough Line 1 had opened on 19 July 1900, Étoile station only opened on 1 September that year, being followed quickly by the Line 6 station and the line 2 station . The RER line A station, 30 m deeper, opened on 21 February 1970, initially as the terminus of a shuttle from La Défense. After the death of Charles de Gaulle on 13 November 1970, Place de l'Étoile was renamed Place Charles de Gaulle and the station was renamed as Charles de Gaulle – Étoile. The RER was extended to Auber on 23 November 1971.

Église d'Auteuil
Distance: 1.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue Wilhem / Place Théodore Rivière
Paris, France 75016

Église d'Auteuil est une station de la ligne 10 du métro de Paris située dans le 16 arrondissement de Paris.La stationLa station est ouverte en 1913 sous le nom de Wilhem, en raison de sa proximité avec la rue Wilhem. En 1921, elle change de nom, car celui-ci aurait pu évoquer l'ex-empereur d'Allemagne Guillaume II, alors qu'il est celui d'un compositeur parisien. Sa nouvelle appellation vient du voisinage de l'église Notre-Dame-d'Auteuil. Elle n'est desservie que par les rames circulant vers le terminus de Boulogne - Pont de Saint-Cloud.En 2011, sont entrés à cette station. En 2012, ils sont. Elle a vu entrer voyageurs en 2013 ce qui la place à la et dernière position des stations de métro pour sa fréquentation. Elle serait donc la station la moins fréquentée de tout le réseau. Compte-tenu de sa configuration (demi-station n'accueillant que les métros en provenance du centre de Paris), ce classement doit être relativisé, car elle est principalement utilisée par des voyageurs y descendant. Les voyageurs qui fréquentent cette station, pour repartir en sens inverse, doivent se rendre aux stations Chardon-Lagache ou Mirabeau.

Kamelo
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
19 Bd Edgar Quinet
Paris, France 75014

01 43 27 01 33

Brochant
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
17 avenue paul éluard
Paris, France 75017

Brochant is a station on the north-western branch of Line 13 of the Métro in the 17th arrondissement. The station is situated under the Avenue de Clichy at Rue Brochant, from which the station derives its name.The station opened 20 January 1912 with the opening of the second branch of line B of the Nord-Sud company from La Fourche to Porte de Clichy. On 27 March 1931 line B became line 13 of the Métro. The street is named after André-Jean-François-Marie Brochant de Villiers, a French mineralogist and geologist who was responsible for the preparation of geological map of France.

Yacht de Paris
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Port Henri IV
Paris, France

01 44 54 14 70

Ternes
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place des Ternes
Paris, France 75017

Ternes is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, under the Place des Ternes on the border of the 8th and 17th arrondissement of Paris.The station was opened on 7 October 1902 as part of the extension of line 2 from Étoile to Anvers. The name of the street derives from Villa Externa (Latin for "external house"), a medieval farm and residence of the Bishop of Paris outside the city, that became the name of the locality, which was originally part of Saint-Denis, then Neuilly, and was finally annexed by Paris in 1860. The Barrière des Ternes was a gate (also known as the Barrière du Roule) at the same location built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in 1859.

Caserne de Sapeurs Pompiers de Paris
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
28 rue Blanche
Paris, France 75009

L'Arc Paris, 12 rue de Presbourg - Paris 16
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
12 rue de Presbourg
Paris, France 75116

Le Petit Châtelet, les Halles, Paris 9 rue Saint Denis 75001 Paris
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
39, rue de la Bucherie, Paris, France
Paris, France 75001

06 76 11 81 58

Tourist Attraction Near Pont de l'Alma

Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champs Elysees Paris
Paris, France 75008

Des news, des photos, des videos, les photos des Fans, des citations.........Plus de 10 posts/Jour News, Photos, videos, quotes , photos by fans... More than 10 posts daily.

Eiffel Tower Paris France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Torcy, France 75007

00331/40651313

Champ de Mars
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champ de Mars
Paris, France 75015 Paris

Tour Eiffel
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
37 quai Branly
Paris, France 75007

+33 1 56 61 70 00

Au cœur du Paris des musées, voisin du Louvre et du musée d’Orsay, à quelques minutes des Grand et Petit Palais, du Palais de Tokyo et du musée d’art moderne de la Ville de Paris, le musée du quai Branly occupe un site exceptionnel sur les rives de la Seine, au pied de la tour Eiffel. Les arts d’Afrique, d’Océanie, d’Asie et d’Amérique s’inscrivent dorénavant au centre du grand circuit historique et artistique de la capitale. Le musée du quai Branly est un établissement culturel novateur : à la fois musée, centre d’enseignement et de recherche, et espace à vivre pour les publics. Construit sur l’un des derniers terrains disponibles au cœur de Paris, le concept architectural de ce projet original est signé par Jean Nouvel.

Pont Alexandre III
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont Alexandre III
Paris, France Paris

Avenue montaigne
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Montaigne
Paris, France 75008

<>

All respective owners /artists have been contacted images and graphics used, unless otherwise indicated, have been taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. This material is not presented as our own work, unless noted under the specific post. However, such matters are not always apparent in the free-wheeling world of Internet, in case there is a problem or error with copyrighted material, the breach of the said copyright is never intentional. The material in question will be removed at once upon request with presented proof. If you see any images which you feel should not be here, please private message us immediately and the offending material will be promptly removed.

Pont Alexandre III
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont Alexandre III
Paris, France 75007

Le pont Alexandre-III est un pont franchissant la Seine entre le 7e arrondissement de Paris et le arrondissement de Paris.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Invalides. En outre, il est desservi par la gare des Invalides de la ligne C du RER.HistoriqueLe projetInauguré pour l'Exposition universelle de Paris en 1900, le pont était destiné à symboliser l'amitié franco-russe, instaurée par la signature de l'alliance conclue en 1891 entre l’empereur Alexandre III (1845-1894) et le président de la République française Sadi Carnot. La première pierre fut posée par le tsar Nicolas II de Russie, l'impératrice Alexandra Fedorovna et le président Félix Faure le 7 octobre 1896. La construction de cet ouvrage d'art fut confiée aux ingénieurs Jean Résal et Amédée Alby, ainsi qu'aux architectes Cassien-Bernard et Gaston Cousin.

Torre Eiffel Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Torre Eiffel
Paris, France 75007

Palais de la découverte
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Franklin Roosevelt
Paris, France 75008

01 56 43 20 20

Le Palais de la découverte sera fermé au public pour travaux du 29 août jusqu'au 30 septembre 2016. "La science vivante au cœur de Paris" www.palais-decouverte.fr

Grand Palais
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
3 Avenue du Général Eisenhower
Paris, France 75008

The Grand Palais des Champs-Élysées, commonly known as the Grand Palais, is a large historic site, exhibition hall and museum complex located at the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France. Construction of the Grand Palais began in 1897 following the demolition of the Palais de l'Industrie as part of the preparation works for the Universal Exposition of 1900, which also included the creation of the adjacent Petit Palais and Pont Alexandre III.The structure was built in the style of Beaux-Arts architecture as taught by the École des Beaux-Arts of Paris. The building reflects the movement's taste for ornate decoration through its stone facades, the formality of its floor planning and the use of techniques that were innovative at the time, such as its glass vault, its structure made of iron and light steel framing, and its use of reinforced concrete.HistoryOne of its pediments calls it a “monument dedicated by the Republic to the glory of French art”, reflecting its original purpose, that of housing the great artistic events of the city of Paris. The competition to choose the architect was fierce and controversial, and ultimately resulted in the contract being awarded to a group of four architects, Henri Deglane, Albert Louvet, Albert Thomas and Charles Girault, each with a separate area of responsibility.

Tour Effiel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Eiffel Tower Sommett, Paris, France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Arc De Triomphe- Paris, France
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champs Elysées
Paris, France 75008

<>

Turnul Eiffel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Gustave Eiffel
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Disney Store
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
44 Avenue des Champs Élysées
Paris, France 75008

01 45 61 82 90

Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Sommet Tour Effeil
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Bateaux Vedettes de Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Quai de Suffren
Paris, France 75015

01 44 18 19 50

Fransa Paris Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Local Business Near Pont de l'Alma

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

Le pont de l'Alma est un pont situé à Paris traversant la Seine. Son nom rappelle la bataille de l'Alma (1854) en Crimée.L'extrémité nord du pont est desservie par la station du métro Alma - Marceau, et l'extrémité sud, par la gare du RER Pont de l'Alma.LocalisationCe pont relie le quai Branly ((Paris)|rive gauchequai Branly]]) à l'avenue de New-York ((Paris)|rive droiteavenue de New-York]]). Sur la rive droite il sépare les ports de la Conférence et Debilly, et sur la rive gauche, ceux du Gros-Caillou et de La Bourdonnais.HistoireLe pont est construit de 1854 à 1856 sous la direction de Hyacinthe Gariel. Il est inauguré par Napoléon III le (initialement son inauguration était prévue pour l'exposition universelle de 1855).

Princess Diana's Tunnel Of Death - Pont De L'alma, Paris.
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Alma
Paris, France

<>

Egouts de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma, rive gauche, Face au 93 quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75007

01 53 68 27 81

Café Le Grand Corona
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
3 place de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

<>

Communication et le partage de notre savoir faire, amélioration du service.

Ambassade de Bulgarie
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 av rapp
Paris, France 75007

Bert's
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 Av du president Wilson
Paris, France 75008

01 47 23 43 37

ICC
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
33-43 Avenue du Président WIlson
Paris, France 75116

<>

Restaurant Antoine
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 Avenue de New-York
Paris, France 75116

01.40.70.19.28

3A Telesud
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
15 rue Cognacq-Jay
Paris, France 75007

Cognacq-Jay Image
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
15, rue Cognacq-Jay
Paris, France 75007

+33 1 49 55 00 50

Arkena
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue Cognacq-jay
Paris, France

Café de l'Alma
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
5 Av Rapp
Paris, France 75007

01 45 51 56 74

Situé à quelques mètres du Musée du Quai Branly / Arts Premiers, le Café de l’Alma vous propose une cuisine moderne ainsi que l’unique terrasse de ce coin du 7ème. A découvrir

Restaurant La Maison Blanche, 15 Avenue Montaigne Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15 Avenue Montaigne Paris
Paris, France 75008

01 47 23 55 99

Les Deux Abeilles
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
189, Rue de l'Université
Paris, France 75007

Crazy Horse Burlesque Show Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
12 avenue George V
Paris, France 75008

01 47 23 32 32

Dell Angelo
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Rapp
Paris, France 75007

La Mia Cantina
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
9 avenue George V
Paris, France 75008

Port Du Gros Caillou
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Port Du Gros Caillou
Paris, France 75007

<>

Institut Maria Galland -Instituts de Beauté Paris 75116 Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
7 Av Marceau
Paris, France 75116

Restaurant Les Ombres -terasse panoramique, musée du Quai Branly
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
27 quai branly
Paris, France 75007

01.47.53.68.00