El Rastro de Madrid or simply el Rastro is the most popular open air flea market in Madrid (Spain). It is held every Sunday and public holiday during the year and is located along Plaza de Cascorro and Ribera de Curtidores, between Calle Embajadores and the Ronda de Toledo (just south of La Latina metro station).A great variety of products (new and used) can be found at el Rastro. A number of antique shops in the local area are also open on Sunday.EtymologyEl Rastro means "the trail". The market probably owes its name to the tanneries that were once located in Ribera de Curtidores (Ribera de Curtidores means 'riverside of tanners'). Close by, on the banks of the Manzanares River, was an abattoir. Transporting the slaughtered cattle from the abattoir to the tannery left a trail (rastro) of blood along the street. An alternative etymology suggests el Rastro once meant "outside", referring to the fact el Rastro was once outside the jurisdiction of the mayor's court.Location and timesAccording to municipal rules, el Rastro takes place every Sunday and public holiday of the year, from 9 am to 3 pm, in the barrio de Embajadores ('Ambassador's neighborhood) in the Central District of Madrid. The Madrid town council regulates the markets. A maximum of 3500 stalls cover the area from the Plaza de Cascorro, with its statue dedicated to Eloy Gonzalo, who was a Spanish soldier who fought in the Cuban War of Independence in which he distinguished himself and is regarded as a hero, in the north, along the main thoroughfare of Ribera de Curtidores and adjoining streets to Calle Embajadores in the east and the Ronda de Toledo and Plaza del Campillo del Mundo Nuevo in the south.
Deleita tu paladar con una de nuestras especialidades y experimenta los sabores y sensaciones de nuestros productos.
Kaeté ofrece productos con un impresionante toque brasileño, servidos en un espacio agradable para que puedas disfrutarlos con toda comodidad. Te invitamos a conocer una gastronomí completamente diferente de lo que ya has probado con unas pizzas exquisitas y unas raciones formidables-
¡Déjate atrapar por los sabores y encantos de Kaeté!
Lounge Bar, Sala de Conciertos y los mejores locales de ensayo de la ciudad
El sitio ideal para los amantes del Rock y el ambiente underground:
En la Sala de Conciertos de Rock Palace disfrutarás de una potentísima programación casi diaria de bandas locales, nacionales e internacionales. En un ambiente underground, divertido y muy familiar tendrás la oportunidad de conocer a las mejores bandas de rock, garaje, underground, blues,jazz, reggae, punk… y siempre con unos precios a prueba de crisis.
Únete a nuestro Facebook y entérate de la programación mensual de conciertos y fiestas y de la disponibilidad de locales para alquiler mensual
Contacta con nosotros para alquilar salas por horas, todas equipadas con:
- batería completa.
- 2 amplis de guitarra (Marshall y Fender).
- 1 ampli de bajo ( Ampeg, Fender, Hughes & Kettner o similar).
- equipo de voces con 3 micros ( Shure SM58 o similar).
1903 Sport Bar es el lugar de encuentro de todos los atléticos. Los partidos comienzan aquí, se empiezan a jugar horas antes y no terminan cuando el árbitro señala el final y para eso el mejor lugar es el 1903 Sport Bar.
Santa María la Real de La Almudena is the Catholic cathedral in Madrid, the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Madrid. It was consecrated by Pope John Paul II in 1993.HistoryWhen the capital of Spain was transferred from Toledo to Madrid in 1561, the seat of the Church in Spain remained in Toledo and the new capital had no cathedral. Plans to build a cathedral in Madrid dedicated to the Virgin of Almudena were discussed as early as the 16th century but even though Spain built more than 40 cities in the new world during that century and plenty of Cathedrals, the cost of expanding and keeping the Empire came first and the construction of Madrid's cathedral was postponed. Making the cathedral the largest that the world had ever seen was then a priority, all other main Spanish cities had centuries old Cathedrals, Madrid also has old churches but the construction of Almudena only began in 1879.The cathedral seems to have been built on the site of a medieval mosque that was destroyed in 1083 when Alfonso VI reconquered Madrid.Francisco de Cubas, the Marquis of Cubas, designed and directed the construction in a Gothic revival style. Construction ceased completely during the Spanish Civil War, and the project was abandoned until 1950, when adapted the plans of de Cubas to a baroque exterior to match the grey and white façade of the Palacio Real, which stands directly opposite. The cathedral was not completed until 1993, when it was consecrated by Pope John Paul II. On May 22, 2004, the marriage of King Felipe VI, then crown prince, to Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano took place at the cathedral.
The Plaza Mayor was built during Philip III's reign and is a central plaza in the city of Madrid, Spain. It is located only a few Spanish blocks away from another famous plaza, the Puerta del Sol. The Plaza Mayor is rectangular in shape, measuring 129x, and is surrounded by three-story residential buildings having 237 balconies facing the Plaza. It has a total of nine entrance ways. The Casa de la Panadería, serving municipal and cultural functions, dominates the Plaza Mayor.HistoryThe origins of the Plaza go back to 1577 when Philip II asked Juan de Herrera, a renowned Classical architect, to discuss a plan to remodel the busy and chaotic area of the old Plaza del Arrabal. Juan de Herrera was the artist who designed the first project in 1560 to remodel the old Plaza del Arrabal but construction did not start until 1617, during Philip III's reign. The king asked Juan Gómez de Mora to continue with the project, and he finished the porticoes in 1619. Nevertheless, the Plaza Mayor as we know it today is the work of the architect Juan de Villanueva who was given the glorious, albeit difficult task of its reconstruction in 1790 after a series of enormous fires. Giambologna's equestrian statue of Philip III dates to 1616, but it was not placed in the centre of the square until 1848.