EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Pont Saint-Michel, Paris | Tourist Information


Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005


Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Bridge Near Pont Saint-Michel

Pont de Sully
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Sully
Paris,

Rives de la Seine à Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris,

Sur les rives de la Seine à Paris peuvent être contemplés certains des plus célèbres monuments de la capitale de la France, de la Tour Eiffel à Notre-Dame en passant par la Concorde, mais également les ponts historiques qui les relient. Les deux rives sont inscrites sur la liste du patrimoine mondial de l'UNESCO depuis 1991.HistoireLes premiers quais sont construits au début du. Le premier est le quai des Grands-Augustins. Le Pont-Neuf est construit en 1578. En 1753, la création de la place Louis-XV, actuelle place de la Concorde, est simultanée à celle des quais sur les deux rives. Les maisons qui se trouvaient juste au bord du fleuve sont détruites, malgré l'opposition de la population. L'espace ainsi dégagé permet l'édification des quais hauts. En 1870, 15 ponts sont construits. Les quais bas sont ensuite adaptés au trafic fluvial et les chemins de halage se développent. Les berges de la Seine sont le site des Expositions universelles organisées de 1855 à 1900 à Paris.

Pont de Sully
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont de sully
Paris, 75004

The Pont de Sully is a bridge across the River Seine in Paris, France.In reality two separate bridges meeting on the eastern tip of the Île Saint-Louis, it links the 4th and 5th arrondissements of the capital along the line of the Boulevard Henri IV, and connects to the eastern end of the Boulevard Saint-Germain. Sully - Morland is the nearest Metro station.HistoryThe two parts of the bridge, known as the Passerelle Damiette and the Passerelle de Constantine on the left-bank side, were authorized by an act of 18 June 1836, in favor of M. de Beaumont, the projector, who would recoup his expenses, valued at 380.000 fr., by collecting tolls. The bridges, opened to traffic January 1838, were a pair of pedestrian suspension bridges, constructed by the engineer Surville. The Passerelle Damiette was destroyed in the 1848 Revolution, while the Passerelle de Constantine, built in 1837, collapsed in 1872 owing to corrosion in its cables.The current bridge was constructed in 1876, as part of Haussmann's renovation of Paris, and opened on 25 August 1877. It is named in honour of Maximilien de Béthune, duke of Sully and minister to Henry IV. It was designed by the engineers Paul Vaudrey and Gustave Brosselin. They set it at an angle of about 45 degrees to the river banks, which means that it gives a splendid view over the quais of the Île Saint-Louis and Notre Dame. The southern part consists of three cast iron arches, while the northern part, over the narrower arm of the river, consists of a central 42m arch in cast iron and two 15m arches in masonry.

Pont de la Tournelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Tournelle
Paris, 75005

Cầu Tournelle là một cây cầu bắc qua sông Seine ở trung tâm thủ đô Paris của Pháp. Cây cầu này nối liền đảo Saint-Louis với kè Tournelle . Ngoài giao thông, cây cầu này còn được sử dụng để đo mực nước ở vùng trung Paris kể từ năm 1759.Lịch sửTừ thời Trung Cổ tại vị trí của cầu Tournelle ngày nay người ta đã cho xây dựng một cây cầu bằng gỗ. Cây cầu này bị cuốn trôi phân nửa trong trận lũ ngày 21 tháng 1 năm 1651 và được xây dựng lại bằng đá vào năm 1656. Cây cầu thứ hai này bị phá huỷ năm 1918 để nhường chỗ cho cầu Tournelle hiện tại xây dựng từ năm 1928 đến 1930. Cây cầu có tên Cầu Tournelle là vì vào thế kỷ 12 ở vị trí này có một tháp pháo (tourelle) của Philippe Auguste.Cầu Tournelle được cố ý thiết kế không đối xứng để nhấn mạnh sự không đối xứng của phong cảnh sông Seine với nơi này. Cầu gồm một vòm lớn trung tâm và 2 vòm nhỏ hơn ở hai phía bờ sông, cây cầu được trang trí ở bờ trái bằng một cột cao 15 m trên đó có tượng của Thánh Geneviève, vị thánh phù hộ cho Paris, đây là tác phẩm của Paul Landowski.

Pont de la Tournelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Tournelle
Paris, 75005

Pont de la Tournelle, is an arch bridge spanning the river Seine in Paris.HistoryThe location of the Pont de la Tournelle is the site of successive structures.The first, a wooden bridge, was built in 1620. This bridge connected the Eastern bank of the Seine (le quai Saint-Bernard) to l'île Saint-Louis. It was subsequently washed away by ice in 1637, and again on 21 January 1651. A stone bridge was erected in its place in 1654. It was demolished in 1918 and replaced by the current bridge in 1928, after it suffered several natural disasters, especially the flood of 1910.The Pont de la Tournelle was intentionally built lacking symmetry, in order to emphasize the shapeless landscape in the part of the Seine that it bestrides. Consisting of a grand central arch that links the riverbanks via two smaller arches, one on each side, it's decorated on the Eastern bank with a pylon built on the left pier's cutwater, and a statue of Saint Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris, atop of the pylon, designed by Polish-French monumental sculptor Paul Landowski.The term "Tournelle" traces its origin to a square turret (tourelle) constructed at the end of the 12th Century on the fortress of Phillipe Auguste.Numerous scenes of Highlander: The Series were filmed along the Quai de la Tournelle near and underneath Pont de la Tournelle between 1992 and 1998.

Notre Dame Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75005

Rockridge Paris, a niche boutique located in the heart of Paris' 5eme arrondissement, features unique products for the home and family.

Pont de l'Archevêché
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75004

The Pont de l'Archevêché is a bridge crossing the Seine river in Paris, France.LocationThe bridge links the 4th Arrondissement, at the Île de la Cité, to the 5th Arrondissement, between the quai de Montebello and the quai de la Tournelle.HistoryThe Pont de l'Archevêché is the narrowest road bridge in Paris. It was built in 1828, by the engineer Plouard, for the society Pont des Invalides after the demolition of the suspension bridge at Les Invalides.The bridge is 68m long. It is composed of three arches of stone measuring heights of 15m, 17m, and 15m. The bridge commonly seen in the background of the set on Highlander when the show was set in Paris. After the Pont des Arts was cleared of its display of padlocks in 2010, and similarly the Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor, lovers started to place their 'love padlocks' on this bridge. The original two bridges for this were footbridges, but this one, a bit narrower, is a road bridge.Characteristics Type of construction : Arch bridge Construction : 1828 Architect : Plouard Material : stone Total Length : 68m Width : 17m Usable width : 11m

Lovers Bridge Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75005

123456789

The Bridge of Love
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75006

Pont des Amoureux - Pont de l'Archevêché
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, Paris

Lovers Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris,

Le Pont Marie
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Quai d'Anjou, Voie Georges Pompidou
Paris, 75004

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, 75005

0143542381

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Bisinchi, 75005

0495387464

The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, 20235

01 46 33 03 81

Petit Pont – most łączący IV okręg paryski z Île de la Cité wybudowany w 1853 na miejscu wcześniejszego.HistoriaJuż w starożytności na miejscu dzisiejszego mostu znajdowała się przeprawa przez rzekę. Wiadomo, że już w rzymskiej osadzie Lutecja właśnie na tym miejscu, wykorzystując niewielką odległość między wyspą a stałym lądem oraz spokojniejszy bieg rzeki, przebiegał most łączący Cité z lewym brzegiem Sekwany. Obiekt był wielokrotnie niszczony przez rzekę w czasie kolejnych niekontrolowanych powodzi. W samym średniowieczu most był niszczony jedenastokrotnie. Środki finansowe pochodziły z różnych, niekiedy niecodziennych źródeł: w 1175 budowa pierwszego całkowicie kamiennego mostu została opłacona przez biskupa Paryża, natomiast w 1393 zmuszono paryską społeczność żydowską do wpłacenia 9500 liwrów na kolejną odbudowę. Od nazwy mostu pochodzi przydomek Adama Parvipontanusa (XII w.), uczącego w znajdującej się przy nim szkole.W czasie rządów Karola VI Szalonego nowy most wybudował włoski mnich Giovanni Giocondo, wówczas po raz pierwszy na Petit Pont pojawiły się domy. Most ten przetrwał dwa stulecia, jednak już w XVII wieku Petit Pont zawalał się i był budowany na nowo w latach 1649, 1651, 1658 i 1659. Ta ostatnia odbudowa była również najbardziej kosztowna, jednak nie spełniła oczekiwań, a most, kamienno-drewniany, zawalił się w 1718 w niecodziennych okolicznościach. W czasie gdy pod mostem bezskutecznie usiłowały przepłynąć dwie wyładowane barki, nieznana z nazwiska kobieta wypłynęła na Sekwanę, by odnaleźć ciało jej dziecka, które w niej utonęło. Miała w rękach zapaloną pochodnię i gdy wskutek wypadku jej łódź zderzyła się z jedną z barek, powstał ogromny pożar, od którego zajął się cały most. Rok później most został odbudowany, już bez zabudowy mieszkalnej.

Pont Louis-Philippe
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Louis-Philippe
Paris, 75004

Le pont Louis-Philippe est un pont situé à Paris et passant sur la Seine, entre la rive droite et l'Île Saint-Louis.SituationLe pont Louis-Philippe est situé dans le et relie le quartier Notre-Dame au quartier Saint-Gervais.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Pont Marie.HistoireLe pont suspenduC'est le 29 juillet 1833, pour fêter son accession au trône à l'issue des Trois Glorieuses, que Louis-Philippe pose la première pierre d'un pont suspendu d'abord anonyme, situé dans le prolongement de la rue du Pont Louis-Philippe (qui vit le jour cette même année). Construit par Marc Seguin et ses frères, il traverse la Seine en biais jusqu'au quai aux Fleurs en passant par l'île Saint-Louis. Il est ouvert à la circulation un an plus tard, le 26 juillet 1834. Après la révolution de 1848 pendant laquelle il est incendié, il est restauré et baptisé « pont de la Réforme » jusqu'en 1852.

Pont Louis-Philippe
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Louis-Philippe
Paris, 75004

The Pont Louis-Philippe is a bridge across the River Seine in Paris. It is located in the 4th arrondissement, and it links the Quai de Bourbon on the Île Saint-Louis with the Saint-Gervais neighborhood on the right bank.HistoryOn 29 July 1833, to celebrate his accession to the throne following the "Trois Glorieuses" (the three glorious days of the July Revolution), Louis-Philippe laid the first stone for a previously-nameless suspension bridge, located on the extension of the Rue du Pont Louis Philippe. Built by Marc Seguin and his brothers, it crossed the Seine to the Île Saint-Louis. It was opened to traffic one year later, on 26 July 1834. After the French Revolution of 1848 (during which the bridge and its tollhouses were burnt down), it was restored and renamed "Pont de la Réforme", a name it held until 1852.In the face of increased traffic (the tollhouses had not been restored), it was demolished to be replaced by the present structure in 1860. This new structure, an arch bridge, was built by the engineers, Edmond-Jules Féline-Romany and Jules Savarin, between August 1860 and April 1862, a little further upstream than its predecessor. The Pont Louis-Philippe was inaugurated in April 1862. The spandrels above the four-metre-wide piers in the Seine are decorated with stone laurel wreaths surrounding metallic rosettes.

Pont Louis-Philippe
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Louis-Philippe
Paris,

Most Louis Philippe – paryski most łączący Wyspę Świętego Ludwika z prawym brzegiem Sekwany.29 lipca 1833, w czasie uroczystości rocznicy wstąpienia na tron Ludwika Filipa I król położył pierwszy kamień pod budowę nowego mostu. Został on zaprojektowany przez Marca Séguina i rok później, 26 lipca 1834, został otwarty dla ruchu kołowego i pieszego. W 1848 przeszedł remont i zmienił nazwę na Pont de la Réforme – Most Reformy.W 1852 w czasie wielkiej przebudowy Paryża most został zburzony wobec zmian zaszłych w układzie urbanistycznym miasta. Jednak w 1860 most został odbudowany według projektu Edmonda Féline-Romany'ego i Jules'a Savarina i zainaugurowany w kwietniu 1862.ArchitekturaMost ma 100 metrów długości oraz 15 metrów szerokości, jest oparty na czterech filarach o obwodzie czterech metrów. Jest zbudowany z kamienia, z metalowymi elementami dekoracyjnymi.Bibliografia Most na oficjalnej stronie Paryża

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Puente Del Amor, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris,

Pont d'Arcole
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Arcole
Paris, 75004

Pont d'Arcole – most w Paryżu. Od średniowiecza do 1828 na miejscu mostu funkcjonowała jedynie sześciometrowa przeprawa piesza pod nazwą Passelerie de Grève, wzniesiona przez Marca Séguina. W 1828 obiekt został zastąpiony szerszym mostem, a w 1854, w związku ze zmianami w układzie urbanistycznym miasta wzniesiono nowy most według projektu Cadiata, żelazny, pierwszy most na tym miejscu, który pozwalał zarówno na ruch pieszy, jak i kołowy. Był to zarazem pierwszy żelazny most w Paryżu, który wiódł przez całą szerokość rzeki nie przebiegając przez jedną z wysp. Błąd konstrukcyjny sprawił, że w 1888 most nieoczekiwanie obsunął się o 20 cm i musiał być gruntownie wyremontowany. Ponowną renowację przeszedł w latach 1994-1995. W 1944 to przez ten most do ratusza paryskiego weszła dywizja generała Leclerca w dniu wyzwolenia miasta.Nie jest konkretnie ustalone pochodzenie nazwy mostu. Może on nosić imię słynnej bitwy stoczonej przez Bonapartego, jak również nazwisko jednej z ofiar rewolucji lipcowej - młodego republikanina, który zginął na moście, niosąc na czele pochodu trójkolorowy sztandar.Most ma 80 metrów długości, 20 szerokości. Jest to most jednołukowy.Linki zewnętrzne Informacja o moście na stronach Paryża

Pont Notre-Dame
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

The Pont Notre-Dame is a bridge that crosses the Seine in Paris, France linking the quai de Gesvres on the Rive Droite with the quai de la Corse on the Île de la Cité. The bridge is noted for being the "most ancient" in Paris, in the sense that, while the oldest bridge in Paris that is in its original state is undoubtedly the Pont Neuf, a bridge in some form has existed at the site of the Pont Notre-Dame since antiquity; nonetheless, it has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times, a fact referred to in the Latin inscription on it to honor its Italian architect, Fra Giovanni Giocondo. (See below.) The bridge once was lined with approximately sixty houses, the weight of which caused a collapse in 1499.HistoryIt was on this spot that the first bridge of Paris, called the Grand-Pont, crossed the Seine from antiquity. In 886, during the siege of Paris and the Norman attacks, this structure was destroyed and replaced by a plank bridge, named the Pont des Planches de Milbray (Milbray plank bridge). This bridge was destroyed by the floods of 1406. On May 31, 1412, Charles VI of France ordered the construction of the first version of the bridge to be named "Notre-Dame". This structure was composed of solid wood and connected the Île de la Cité to the rue Saint-Martin. The bridge took seven years to build and had sixty houses atop it, thirty on each side. The houses were noted by Robert Gauguin as being "remarkable for their height, and the uniformity of construction" and was called the "handsomest in France." King Charles' wooden bridge collapsed on October 25, 1499 near 9 a.m., likely due to structural instabilities caused by the lack of repairs.

Tour Eiffeil Restaurant Le Jules Verne
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont d´Arcole
Paris, 75007

01 45 55 61 44

Pont au Change
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Au Change
Paris, 75013

Pont au Change là một cây cầu bắc qua sông Seine ở trung tâm thủ đô Paris của Pháp. Cây cầu này nối liền Conciergerie trên île de la Cité với quảng trường Châtelet ở bờ phải sông Seine. Đây cũng là ranh giới giữa quận 1 và quận 4 của Paris.Lịch sửPont au Change gốc được xây dựng từ thế kỷ 9 dưới thời Charles le Chauve, cùng thời điểm Conciergerie bắt đầu được mở rộng để trở thành cung điện của Hoàng gia Pháp. Tên của cây cầu (Change - Đổi chác, hối đoái) xuất phát từ việc trên cầu có rất nhiều cửa tiệm của những người đổi tiền và thợ kim hoàn, các cửa hiệu sát nhau tới mức người ta không thể nhìn thấy sông Seine khi đứng trên cầu.Cây cầu hiện nay được xây dựng từ năm 1858 đến năm 1860, đó là một cầu vòm gạch gồm 3 nhịp vòm dài 103 m, rộng 30 m.Hình ảnhLiên kết ngoài Lịch sử Pont au Change trên Insecula.com

Pont Neuf Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris,

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, Paris

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

Ponte Dos Cadeados ( Pont Des Arts )
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts, 75006
Paris, 75006

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Landmark Near Pont Saint-Michel

Institut océanographique de Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
195 Rue Saint Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 44 32 10 80

L’Institut océanographique de Paris, rebaptisé Maison des océans et de la biodiversité en 2011, est une institution fondée en 1906 par Albert , prince de Monaco, qui comprend également le Musée océanographique de Monaco.HistoireLe siège de l’Institut océanographique à Paris fut officiellement inauguré le, par le prince Albert et par le président de la république française, Armand Fallières. Le bâtiment de l’Institut est inscrit aux monuments historiques depuis un arrêté du.Il se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, aux abords du Quartier latin, au croisement des rues Saint-Jacques et rue Gay-Lussac, dans le « Campus Curie » qui regroupe d’autres institutions scientifiques, ancien domaine du couvent des Dames de Saint Michel, acquis par l’université de Paris avec le concours de l’État, de la ville de Paris et de SAS le prince Albert de Monaco, à qui l’université en l’inscrivant en tant que membre bienfaiteur lui céda un terrain de pour y bâtir le siège de la Fondation « Institut océanographique ».Pionnier de l’océanographie, Albert, veut, selon ses propres termes, en être le « propagateur ». Au retour de chacune de ses campagnes, le Prince Albert en présente les principaux résultats aux auditoires les plus qualifiés : Académie des sciences de Paris, dont il est élu membre, Société de biologie, Société zoologique de France, sociétés de géographie qui connaissent alors leur âge d’or dans toute l’Europe… et les universités populaires l’accueillent à plusieurs reprises.

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

THE GAME - Escape if you can
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
51 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine
Paris, France 75005

01 43 29 26 21

Des décors saisissants, des énigmes, des passages secrets et une mission à réaliser en équipe en moins d'une heure ! Enfin, si vous êtes à la hauteur !

Law school
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
12 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

+33144783310

A law school is an institution specializing in legal education, usually involved as part of a process for becoming a lawyer within a given jurisdiction.

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75006

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

École Nationale des Chartes
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
65 rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 75 00

The École nationale des chartes is a French grande école which specializes in historical sciences. It was founded in 1821 and was located first at the National Archives, then at the Palais de la Sorbonne (5th arrondissement). In October 2014, it moved to 65 rue de Richelieu (University of Paris II), opposite to the Richelieu-Louvois Site of the National Library of France. The school is administered by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research. It holds the status of grand établissement. Its students, who are recruited by competitive examination and hold the status of trainee civil servant2, receive the qualification of archivist-paleographer after completing a thesis. They generally go on to follow a career as heritage curators in the archive and visual fields, as library curators or as lecturers and researchers in the human and social sciences. In 2005, the school also introduced Master’s degrees, for which students were recruited based on an application file, and, in 2011, doctorates.

Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 52 50

The Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police, also known as the Musée de la Préfecture de Police, is a museum of police history in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France. It is located in the Hôtel de police at 4, rue de la Montagne-Sainte-Geneviève. The museum is open daily except Sunday; admission is free.The museum was originally started by prefect Louis Lépine (1846-1933) for the Exposition Universelle (1900), and has gradually grown through subsequent years. It now contains evidence, photographs, letters, memorabilia, and drawings that reflect major events in the history of France (including conspiracies and arrests), famous criminal cases and characters, prisons, and daily life in the capital such as traffic and hygiene. Exhibits include a guillotine, uniforms, the pistol used in the assassination of Paul Doumer, and relics of the World War II occupation including German machine guns and insignias worn by Jews.

École spéciale des travaux publics
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
28 avenue du Président Wilson, Cachan
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 11 18

L'École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l'industrie est l'une des plus prestigieuses écoles d'ingenieurs en France, et l'une des plus réputées dans le domaine du génie civil. Elle fait partie des 210 écoles d'ingénieurs françaises capables de délivrer un diplôme d'ingénieur.La durée de la scolarité ingénieur est de trois ans après le cursus de classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles ou par admission sur titre. Elle a été fondée en 1891 à Paris dans le arrondissement, entre la rue Thénard et le boulevard Saint-Germain, au cœur du Quartier latin.Le campus de Cachan, érigé en 1905 pour accueillir les laboratoires, est désormais le seul site de l'école depuis la rentrée 2011 à accueillir les élèves en formation d'ingénieur et de techniciens spécialisés « conducteurs de travaux. »L'ESTP Paris forme également des techniciens supérieurs dans le domaine des travaux publics et du bâtiment. L'école, membre du G16+ ainsi que du Pôle Universitaire Paris-Est, est rattachée depuis 1999 à Arts et Métiers Paristech.Fondation de l'écoleNé à Tulle dans un milieu modeste, Léon Eyrolles est reçu en 1882 conducteur des ponts et chaussées. Tout en exerçant ses fonctions dans l’administration, il aide quelques collègues à préparer le concours de conducteur des Ponts et chaussées. L’École des ponts et chaussées est pratiquement le seul établissement d’enseignement supérieur dans le domaine des travaux publics alors que l’époque est aux grands travaux sollicités par la révolution technique (avènement de l'électricité, du téléphone, naissance de l’architecture métallique, du béton armé etc.)

Quai de la Tournelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Quai de la Tournelle
Paris, France 75005

Le quai de la Tournelle est une voie située le long de la Seine, dans le quartier Saint-Victor du 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. Il ne doit pas être confondu avec le port de la Tournelle situé en contrebas, au niveau de la berge de la Seine.HistoriqueCe quai a pris la place de la rue et du port Saint Bernard en 1554.DescriptionCette voie qui longe en surplombant le quai de la Seine présente la particularité ne n'être lotie, à une exception prés, que sur le côté des numéros impairs.Bâtiments remarquables et lieux de mémoireIl y avait sur ce quai en 1680 un marchand faïencier Antoine Pierre Mazois avec son épouse Elisabeth Jacques. Déjà veuve en 1768, elle dut subir un incendie entre le et le 20. , locaux du port autonome de paris et du Service de la navigation de la Seine. , le restaurant La Tour d'Argent , ancien hôtel de Clermont-Tonnerre (inscrit aux M.H.) , l'hôtel du Président Rolland Barthélemy-Gabriel Rolland d'Erceville , l'hôtel de Miramion , l'hôtel de Nesmond, acheté par Madame de Miramion

Hôtel de Cluny
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6, place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France

L'Hôtel de Cluny, situé dans le V arrondissement de Paris (France), au cœur du Quartier latin, est dès le le lieu de résidence des abbés de l'ordre de Cluny enseignant au Collège de Cluny. À partir du, et jusqu'à la Révolution française, il abrite des nonces apostoliques ainsi que des particuliers. En 1843, l'État en fait un musée devenu aujourd'hui le Musée national du Moyen Âge, ou Musée de Cluny.Histoire de l'hôtelL'hôtel des Abbés de ClunyLes bâtiments accueillaient les abbés de l'ordre de Cluny en Bourgogne dès le. À la fin du, le bâtiment construit par Jean III de Bourbon et a été agrandi par Jacques d'Amboise, abbé de Cluny (1485-1510). Les armes d'Amboise, « trois pals alternés d'or et de gueules », ornent les lucarnes ouvragées de la façade ainsi que les gâbles des fenêtres hautes.L'hôtel accueille régulièrement les abbés de Cluny et certains dignitaires importants.La jeune Marie d'Angleterre y est enfermée pendant 40 jours en janvier 1515 pour s'assurer qu'elle ne porte pas d'héritier à la mort de son mari le roi Louis XII de France, ainsi la couronne passe à son cousin, le futur roi François . Le 3 mars 1515, Marie y épouse secrètement et sans le consentement de son frère le roi Henri VIII, son favori, Charles Brandon, duc de Suffolk.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, France 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

I have a dream
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
q.latino 17
Paris, France 05012

5346789012

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

La Morgue de París 1864-1907
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
quai de l'Archevêché
Paris, France

18641864

...La morgue de París funcionó como inconfesable espectáculo de entretenimiento desde 1864 hasta marzo de 1907, cuando fue cerrada al público. Conviene notar que aun las autoridades administrativas a cuyo cargo estaba esta institución participaban en el voyeurismo colectivo. Ciertas disposiciones, como la colocación de grandes cortinajes verdes en las ventanas —comparables a los telones de un proscenio— resultan congruentes con esta interpretación. Desde 1877 se empezó a fotografiar sistemáticamente a todos los cadáveres (hoy algunas de estas imágenes se aprecian entre amateurs de arte vanguardista), y las fotos de aquellos que habían sido enterrados sin ser previamente identificados se clavaban en una barda de madera a la entrada de la morgue, para así prolongar el periodo de exhibición —y acrecentar, dicho sea de paso, la semejanza con los anuncios y fotos publicitarias a la entrada de una sala de cine o teatro. Parecidamente, las nuevas técnicas de refrigeración se empezaron a aplicar desde 1882, e hicieron posible prolongar la duración del espectáculo. Antes, el único sistema de enfriamiento consistía en dejar escurrir un hilo de agua fría constantemente sobre los cadáveres. Los adelantos en la tecnología de la refrigeración llamaron mucho la atención de una sociedad que apenas acababa de descubrir la influencia de las bacterias en la descomposición de la materia orgánica. Pasteur era el héroe nacional del momento. El público parisino, tradicionalmente burlón y travieso, no tardó en dar muestras de su espíritu zarandillo. Se imprimió una burlesca invitación a la morgue, supuestamente para una "tardeada de música y danza". La firmaba un tal Monsieur Reffroidy, que se me ocurre pudiéramos transponer al español como "Don Refrigerio" o "Señor Frigorídez"... Fragmento de: La faz visible de la muerte Por Francisco González Crussí

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, France 75005

0143542381

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.