EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Puerta de Alcalá, Madrid | Tourist Information


Calle Alcalá 67
Madrid, Spain 28001


Amusement and Theme Park Near Puerta de Alcalá

Warner Bros Park
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Crta. Pinto-San Martín de la Vega (M-506) km 22
Madrid, 28013

902 02 41 00

Historical Place Near Puerta de Alcalá

Puerta del Sol Madrid
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Puerta del Sol
Madrid, 28013

Parque del Retiro
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia, 7
Madrid, 28009

Los Jardines tienen su origen entre los años 1630 y 1640, cuando el Conde-Duque de Olivares (Don Gaspar de Guzmán y Pimentel), valido de Felipe IV (1621 - 1665), le regaló al rey unos terrenos para el recreo de la Corte en torno al Monasterio de los Jerónimos de Madrid. Así, con la reforma del Cuarto Real que había junto al Monasterio, se inició la construcción del Palacio del Buen Retiro. Contaba entonces con unas 145 hectáreas. Aunque esta segunda residencia real iba a estar en lo que en aquellos tiempos eran las afueras de la villa de Madrid, no estaba excesivamente lejos del alcázar y resultó ser un lugar muy agradable por estar en una zona muy boscosa y fresca. Bajo la dirección de los arquitectos Giovani Batista Crecenzi y Alonso Carbonell se construyeron diversos edificios, entre ellos el teatro del Buen Retiro que acogió representaciones teatrales de los grandes del Siglo de Oro, Calderón de la Barca y Lope de Vega. Perduran aún el Casón del Buen Retiro, antiguo Salón de Baile, el Museo del Ejército, antaño Salón de Reinos con sus paredes decoradas con pinturas de Velázquez, Zurbarán y frescos de Lucas Jordán y los jardines. Éstos se levantaron al mismo tiempo que el palacio, trabajando en ellos, entre otros, Cosme Lotti, escenógrafo del Gran Duque de Toscana, y edificándose una leonera para la exhibición de animales salvajes y una pajarera para aves exóticas. El estanque grande, escenario de naumáquias y espectáculos acuáticos, el estanque ochavado o de las campanillas y la ría chica pertenecen a este período inicial. A lo largo de la historia, en este conjunto se han ido efectuando modificaciones, no siempre planificadas, que cambiaron la fisonomía del jardín, como el Parterre diseñado durante el reinado de Felipe V, la Real Fábrica de Porcelana del Buen Retiro en tiempos de Carlos III) o el Observatorio Astronómico, obra de Juan de Villanueva, reinando Carlos IV. El rey Carlos III fue el primero en permitir el acceso de los ciudadanos al recinto, siempre que cumpliesen con la condición de ir bien aseados y vestidos. Durante la invasión francesa, en 1808, los jardines quedaron parcialmente destruidos al ser utilizados como fortificación por las tropas de Napoleón. El palacio es totalmente destruido, menos la parte de Casón del Buen Retiro. Tras la Guerra de la Independencia, Fernando VII) inició su reconstrucción y abrió una parte del jardín al pueblo, como ya hiciera Carlos III. El monarca se reservó una zona, entre las calles de O'Donnell y Menéndez Pelayo, donde construyó una serie de edificios de recreo siguiendo la moda paisajística de la época, conservándose aún a (principios del siglo XXI) la casa del pescador, la casa del contrabandista y la Montaña Artificial. Reinando Isabel II se abrió la calle de Granada, calle que más tarde se llamaría de Alfonso XII, vendiéndose al estado los terrenos comprendidos entre ésta y el Paseo del Prado que fueron urbanizados por particulares. Tras la revolución de 1868, la Gloriosa, los jardines pasan a se propiedad municipal y sus puertas se abrieron a todos los ciudadanos, comenzando una época en la cual, la ría grande y el estanque de San Antonio de los Portugueses se transformaron en Paseo de Coches. Se colocaron las fuentes de los Galápagos y de la Alcachofa, realizándose la fuente del Ángel Caído, obra de Ricardo Bellver. En el Campo Grande se edificaron el Palacio de Cristal y el Palacio de Velázquez, obra de Ricardo Velázquez Bosco. De gran importancia para el estado actual del Retiro fue el Jardinero Mayor del Ayuntamiento fue Cecilio Rodríguez. Origen : www.madripedia.es/wiki/Parque_del_Retiro

Palacio Real
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Calle De Bailen
Madrid, 28001

+34 91 454 87 00

Puerta de Alcalá
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia
Madrid, 28001

La Puerta de Alcalá es una de las cinco antiguas puertas reales que daban acceso a la ciudad de Madrid (España).Se encuentra situada en el centro de la rotonda de la Plaza de la Independencia. En el cruce de las calles de Alcalá, Alfonso XII, Serrano y Salustiano Olózaga, junto a las puertas del Retiro: Puerta de España, Puerta de la Independencia (entrada principal a los jardines del Retiro) y Puerta de Hernani.La puerta daba acceso a aquellos viajeros que entraban antiguamente a la población desde Francia, Aragón o Cataluña. En la actualidad es una puerta monumental que se encuentra ubicada junto a la Fuente de Cibeles y el Parque del Retiro. Fue construida por mandato de Carlos III en sustitución de otra puerta anterior que existía ya desde el siglo XVI. El diseño y obra pertenece al arquitecto italiano Francesco Sabatini. Compitieron con Sabatini otros proyectos por parte de arquitectos españoles: Ventura Rodríguez y de José de Hermosilla, siendo finalmente elegido personalmente por el Rey el diseño de Sabatini.

Plaza De Santa Ana
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de Santa Ana
Madrid, 28012

Palacio de Cristal
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paseo Republica de Cuba, 4
Madrid, 28009

+34 915 746 614

The Palacio de Cristal is a glass and metal structure located in Madrid's Buen Retiro Park. It was built in 1887 to exhibit flora and fauna from the Philippines, then a Spanish colonial possession. The architect was Ricardo Velázquez Bosco.The Palacio de Cristal, in the shape of a Greek cross, is made almost entirely of glass set in an iron framework on a brick base, which is decorated with ceramics. Its cupola makes the structure over 22 metres high. When it was erected, glass and iron construction on a large scale was already to be seen in Madrid at Delicias station, the work of a French architect. However the curved architecture of the Palacio de Cristal is more comparable to the techniques pioneered by the British architects Joseph Paxton and Decimus Burton .The cast-iron frame was manufactured in Bilbao. The structure was designed in a way that would allow it to be re-erected on another site . However, the building has remained on the original site, next to a lake, and has been restored to its original appearance. It is no longer used as a greenhouse, and is currently used for art exhibits.

Puerta de Alcalá
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia
Madrid, 28001

The Puerta de Alcalá is a Neo-classical monument in the Plaza de la Independencia in Madrid, Spain. It is considered the first modern post-roman triumphal arch built in Europe, older than the similar monuments Arc de Triomphe in Paris and Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.It was a gate of the former Walls of Philip IV. It stands near the city center and several meters away from the main entrance to the Parque del Buen Retiro. The square is bisected by Alcalá Street, although the street does not cross through the monument, and it is the origin of the Alfonso XII, Serrano and Olózaga streets. Its name originates from the old path from Madrid to the nearby town of Alcalá de Henares.Madrid in the late 18th century still looked like a somewhat drab borough, surrounded by medieval walls. Around the year 1774, king Charles III commissioned Francesco Sabatini to construct a monumental gate in the city wall through which an expanded road to the city of Alcalá was to pass, replacing an older, smaller, gate which stood nearby. It was inaugurated in 1778.

Congreso de los Diputados
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Carrera de San Jerónimo s/n
Madrid, 28071

913906000

Es la cuenta oficial en Facebook del Congreso de los Diputados, en la que encontraréis información de actualidad y contenidos divulgativos para conocer mejor la actividad de la Cámara y su historia.

Paseo del Prado
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Paseo del Prado, S/N
Madrid, 28014

The Paseo del Prado is one of the main boulevards in Madrid, Spain. The Paseo del Prado is the oldest historical urban in Madrid and was declared Bien de Interés Cultural (BIC). It runs north-south between the Plaza de Cibeles and the Plaza del Emperador Carlos V (also known as Plaza de Atocha), with the Plaza de Cánovas del Castillo (the location of the Fuente de Neptuno, and of the Ritz and Palace five-star hotels) lying approximately in the middle. The Paseo del Prado forms the southern end of the city's central axis (which continues to the north of Cibeles as the Paseo de Recoletos, and further north as the Paseo de la Castellana).This densely tree-lined, wide and centric avenue is a landmark for the city residents and the location of important cultural and tourist spots in the city, including the so-called Golden Triangle of Art, which encompasses three museums: the Prado Museum (with highlights such as Diego Velázquez's Las Meninas and Francisco de Goya's La maja vestida and La maja desnuda), the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (housing a collection that spans eight centuries of European painting), and the Reina Sofia Museum (where Pablo Picasso's Guernica hangs, among a collection of 20th-century art). In the vicinity are located the Parque del Buen Retiro and the Casón del Buen Retiro (hosting the 19th-century collection of the Prado Museum), as well as the headquarters of the Real Academia Española (the Spanish language academy), the Bolsa de Madrid (the city's stock exchange), and the Congreso de los Diputados (the national congress).

Plaza del Rey
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Plaza del Rey
Madrid, 28004

Teatro de la Zarzuela
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Jovellanos 4
Madrid, 28014

+34 915 245 400

The Teatro de la Zarzuela is a theatre in Madrid, Spain. The theatre is today mainly devoted to zarzuela (the Spanish traditional musical theatre genre), as well as operetta and recitals.HistoryThe theatre was designed by architect Jerónimo de la Gándara and built by José María Sánchez Guallart on the initiative of the Spanish Lyrical Company to provide a space for performances of operettas in the Spanish capital. It was modelled on the La Scala theatre in Milan with its three-level horseshoe form and opened to the public on 10 October 1856, the birthday of Queen Isabella II. The name refers to zarzuela, a theatre form that alternates spoken and sung scenes. Its promoters were established masters of the genre such as Francisco Asenjo Barbieri, Rafael Calleja Gómez, Joaquín Gaztambide, Rafael Hernando, José Inzenga, baritono Francisco de Salas, librettist Luis de Olona and composer Cristóbal Oudrid, under Francisco de las Rivas, an important banker.In the second half of the nineteenth century, Teatro de la Zarzuela became Madrid's leading opera house, staging many of the great masterworks. On November 9, 1909 the building was virtually destroyed by fire. The rebuild by Cesareo Iradier reduced the amount of wood and metal, and in 1914 Maestro Luna raised the curtain with his orchestra to reopen the theatre. With the Teatro Real opera house closed from 1925 to 1997, Teatro de la Zarzuela remained Madrid's leading venue throughout the period and hosted most major opera events. The theatre's resident ensemble is the Community of Madrid Orchestra.

Theatre of María Guerrero
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Tamayo y Baus 4
Madrid, 28004

+34 913 102 949

El Teatro María Guerrero es un teatro público situado en Madrid. Pertenece al Ministerio de Cultura de España, y dentro de ese al Instituto Nacional de las Artes Escénicas y de la Música . Junto con el teatro Valle-Inclán, es sede del Centro Dramático Nacional, denominación del teatro nacional de España.

Bodega de los Secretos
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
San Blas, 4.
Madrid, 28014

914 29 03 96

En los siglos de vida de este lugar, muchas han sido la historias que han pasado por él. Puertas ocultas, rincón escondido a las tropas de Napoleón, pasadizos secretos y cobijo de los bombardeos en la guerra civil. Hoy en día rodaje de películas, presentaciones de productos de lujo y las exposiciones más exclusivas. En secreto para la mayoría durante mucho tiempo, el extraordinario trabajo de rehabilitación con materiales originales, ha conseguido que hoy La Bodega de los Secretos sea el lugar elegido para sorprender. Decorado con una fusión de estilos y épocas, nuestro restaurante se despliega por los distintos laberintos donde originalmente reposaba el vino y que hoy se ha convertido en un espacio muy, muy especial.

Palace of Linares
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pza. de la Cibeles, 2
Madrid, 28014

915 954 800

El palacio de Linares, conocido en sus primeros años como palacio de Murga, se encuentra en Madrid (España), situado entre el paseo de Recoletos y la calle de Alcalá, abriendo su fachada principal a la plaza de Cibeles, en los terrenos de los antiguos Molinos de Plata y del Pósito Real de Madrid, gran almacén de cereal pensado para atender posibles crisis de abastecimiento en la ciudad.ConstrucciónJosé de Murga y Reolid y Raimunda de Osorio y Ortega, primeros marqueses de Linares y primeros vizcondes de Llanteno, compraron el solar, de 3.064 metros cuadrados, en 1872 al Ayuntamiento de Madrid. Se encomendaron las obras al arquitecto municipal Carlos Colubí en 1877, siguiendo fundamentalmente los diseños del arquitecto francés Adolf Ombrecht, responsable asimismo de la construcción de otros fastuosos palacios como el desaparecido Palacio de Portugalete, propiedad de los duques de Bailén. Algunas partes del palacio de Linares, como la escalera de mármol que da paso al jardín, las caballerizas o la famosa Casa de Muñecas, fueron obra de Manuel Aníbal Álvarez. Los marqueses de Linares se mudaron al edificio en 1884, aunque las obras no terminarían por completo hasta 1900.

Museum of Romanticism
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
C/ San Mateo, 13
Madrid, 28004

914481071

The Museum of Romanticism is an art museum located in Madrid, Spain. It is housed in a late eighteenth-century building . It was inaugurated in 1924 as Museo Romántico, and declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1962.The museum was reordered in 2009 and relaunched with its current, slightly different name. The museum's exhibits are presented in the context of a historic house with dining room, billiard room etc. They include items related to the romantic writer Mariano José de Larra.

Colegio del Pilar
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
41 Calle del Príncipe de Vergara
Madrid, 28001

915 75 04 04

The Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Pilar, often referred to as "El Pilar" is an independent co-educational day school for pupils from 12 to 18 years of age located in Calle de Castelló, in Madrid . It was founded in 1907 by the Society of Mary, a Roman Catholic teaching order of priests and religious brothers, who still continue to operate the institution. Founded originally as a boys' school, it first admitted girls in 1986, and progressively became fully co-educational, although there is still at present a masculine predominance. El Pilar has educated 1 Spanish Prime Minister and numerous prominent public figures in the history of Spain. El Pilar has been considered as one of the most influential public schools in the history of Spain.

San Antonio de los Alemanes
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Corredera Baja de San Pablo, 16
Madrid, 28004

915 22 37 74

St Antony of the Germans is a Baroque, Roman Catholic church located at the corner of Calle de la Puebla and Corredera Baja de San Pablo Madrid, Spain. It is noted for its baroque interior decoration. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1973.HistoryThe 17th-century church is built in the Baroque style and was designed by Pedro Sánchez. The highly decorative High Altar and three side altars belong to the 18th century and were commissioned by the last Habsburg kings of Spain.The church was built in the 1620s-1630s by King Felipe III along with a hostel and hospital for the Portuguese migrants who moved to Madrid when Portugal was under Spanish rule. For this reason it was originally called Hospital de los Portugueses. When Portugal gained independence, Phillip IV's Queen, Mariana de Austria, dedicated the refuge to German immigrants, and changed names.King Phillip V gave the administration of the church over to the Hermandad del Refugio (Fraternity of Sanctuary), and this group continues to manage it today, offering food and shelter to the homeless of Madrid.The Church is dedicated to St Antony of Padua, patron saint of the poor. St Antony was born in Lisbon, Portugal in 1198, and became a first an Augustinian, then a Franciscan order monk, well known for his eloquent sermons. He preached in France and Italy, and died in Padua in 1231 at the age of 36. St Antony is considered the patron saint of those with items lost or misplaced.

Convent of Las Descalzas Reales
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
3 Calle de San Martín
Madrid, 28013

915212779

The Convent of Las Descalzas Reales is a royal monastery situated in Madrid, Spain, administered by the Patrimonio Nacional.HistoryThe Monasterio de las Descalzas Reales, literally the "Monastery of the Royal Barefoot ed", resides in the former palace of King Charles I of Spain and Isabel of Portugal. Their daughter, Joanna of Austria, founded this convent of nuns of the Poor Clare order in 1559. Throughout the remainder of the 16th century and into the 17th century, the convent attracted young widowed or spinster noblewomen. Each woman brought with her a dowry. The riches quickly piled up, and the convent became one of the richest convents in all of Europe. Tomás Luis de Victoria, Spain's finest Renaissance composer, worked at the convent from 1587 to the end of his life in 1611.The demographics of the convent slowly changed over time, and by the 20th century, all of the sisters were in poverty. The convent maintained the riches of its past, but it was forbidden to auction any of the items off or spend any of the money it received from the dowries. The state intervened when it saw that the sisters were poor, and the pope granted a special dispensation to open the convent as a museum in 1960.Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Cádiz (died 1989) is buried in the Chapel of Saint John the Baptist next to his elder son Francisco de Asís (died 1984). Alfonso's younger brother Gonzalo (died 2000) is buried in the Chapel of Saint Sebastian.

Real Oratorio del Caballero de Gracia
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Calle Gran Vía, 17
Madrid, 28013

91 532 69 37

- Horario de confesiones: todo el tiempo que está abierta la iglesia - Jueves Eucarísticos: Predicación ante el Santísimo, todos los jueves a las 18,45 - Retiro mensual para señoras: 2º jueves de mes, de 18,45 a 20,15 - Retiro mensual para mujeres jóvenes: 2º viernes de mes, de 19,30 a 21,00 (oratorio pequeño) - Retiro mensual para hombres jóvenes: 4º viernes de mes, de 19,30 a 21,00 (oratorio pequeño) - Clases de Formación Doctrinal: miércoles de 18,45 a 19,30 (Aula de actividades) - Hora Santa para jóvenes: Primer viernes de mes, 21,00 a 22,00. - Cursos prematrimoniales: sábado y domingo el 3º fin de semana, de octubre a junio.

Casón del Buen Retiro
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Alfonso XII, 28
Madrid, 28014

+34 913 302 800

The Casón del Buen Retiro is an annex of the Museo del Prado complex in Madrid. Following major restoration work, which was completed in October 2007, it now houses the Museum's study centre (the Escuela del Prado) and library.Picasso's Guernica canvas, and the sketches associated with its creation, were on display at the Casón from 1981, when it was delivered to Spain from New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), to 1992, when it was moved to its current permanent location in a purpose-built gallery at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.HistoryLocated in front of the Puerta de Felipe IV entrance to the west side of the Retiro Park, the Casón was originally built as the ballroom, the Salón de Baile, of the Buen Retiro Palace, of which now only two buildings, the Casón and the Salón de Reinos which, until it was moved to the Alcázar de Toledo in 2010, housed the Museo del Ejército (Army Museum), still remain.The artistic importance of Luca Giordano's The Allegory of the Golden Fleece, on the ceiling of the Casón, commissioned by King Charles II of Spain (ca.1697), and considered one of the masterpieces of the Prado, is one of the possible reasons given for the building having survived when most of the other buildings in the Bueno Retiro palace complex were knocked down.

Longoria Palace
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Fernando VI 4
Madrid, 28004

+34 913 499 550

The Palace of Longoria is an Art Nouveau palace that the politician and financier Francisco Javier González Longoria ordered to be built in the district of Chueca, at the corner of Fernando VI and Pelayo streets, in the city of Madrid, Spain. Longoria contracted the Catalán architect José Grases Riera to design and build it in 1902. Together with the House of Gallardo in the Plaza de España, it is Madrid's most notable example of modernist architecture. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1996 and is currently the headquarters of the Spanish General Society of Authors and Editors .

Church of San José
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Alcalá, 43
Madrid, 28014

915 22 67 84

The Church of San José is a church located in Madrid, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1995.

Convent of the Barefoot Trinitarians
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
18 Calle de Lope de Vega
Madrid, 28014

The Convent of the Barefoot Trinitarians is a convent located in Madrid, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1943.Writer Miguel de Cervantes was buried at the convent in 1616. His remains were temporarily transferred elsewhere in 1673 during rebuilding, and were then lost until forensic scientists discovered them in 2015.

Santa Cruz Palace, Madrid
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Provincia, 1
Madrid, 28012

The Palacio de Santa Cruz or Palace of the Holy Cross is a baroque building in central Madrid, Spain. It now houses the foreign ministry or Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de España. It was used as a jail until the reign of Philip IV of Spain, when it was converted into a palace.Construction was commissioned in 1629 by Philip IV to house both courts and jail facilities. The architect Juan Gómez de Mora worked on it from 1629-1636, and later other architects like José de Villareal, Bartolomé Hurtado García, and José del Olmo added elements.In 1767 it changed from jail to the Palacio de Santa Cruz, due to its proximity to the church of Santa Cruz. A fire destroyed all but the facade in 1791.Sources History of the Palacio de Santa Cruz by Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores Palacio de Santa Cruz. Entrada de Madrid Histórico

Edificio Grassy
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
1 Calle Gran Vía
Madrid, 28013

The Edificio Grassy is a building located at 1st Gran Vía in Madrid, Spain.ArchitectureSituated just off Calle de Alcalá, at the very beginning of Gran Vía, the Edificio Grassy was built between 1916 and 1917. It was constructed on a triangular piece of land, in the same way as the Edificio Metrópolis next to it. Moreover, its architect Eladio Laredo aimed to achieve an architectural similarity between both of them. This trend was respected to a certain extent along Gran Vía.It comprises two independent buildings, which are joined together by the hall and the patio. Eclectic in its architecture, it boasts a rotunda topped by two superimposed belvederes of Renaissance influence.NowadaysSince 1952 it hosts the upscale Grassy Jeweler's. Its basement also houses a museum of ancient clocks, with remarkable French, German and English items which span from the 16th to the 19th century, conforming an interesting private collection.The facade of the building is well known for its illuminated advertisements about different brands of watches. For the last decades Jaeger-LeCoultre, Audemars Piguet, Piaget and Baume et Mercier have enjoyed a preeminent position, easily distinguishable at the entrance of Gran Vía. Currently the sought-after location is occupied by a Rolex sign.

Real Academia de la Historia
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Calle de León, 21
Madrid, 28014

+34 914 290 611

'' is a Spanish institution based in Madrid that studies history "ancient and modern, political, civil, ecclesiastical, military, scientific, of letters and arts, that is to say, the different branches of life, of civilisation, and of the culture of the Spanish people".The Academy was established in 1738. Since 1836 it has occupied an 18th-century building designed by the neoclassical architect Juan de Villanueva.CollectionsAs formerly the main Spanish institution for antiquaries, the Academy retains significant libraries and collections of antiquities, which cannot be seen by the public. The keeper of antiquities is the prehistorian Martín Almagro Gorbea.Items held include: The Glosas Emilianenses The Roda Codex The Missorium of Theodosius I, a large ceremonial silver dish, probably made in Constantinople for the tenth anniversary (decennalia) in 388 of the reign of the Emperor Theodosius I, the last Emperor to rule both the Eastern and Western Empires. It is one of the best surviving examples of Late Antique Imperial imagery and one of finest examples of late Roman goldsmith work.CriticismSome Spanish historians consider it an obsolete misogynist institution, that still considers history as a matter of kings and battles.

Mimis Apartments
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Marques Viudo de Pontejos, 15
Madrid, 28012

Disfruta de una estancia de lujo en pleno corazón de la ciudad de Madrid. Con el famosísimo edificio de La Posada del Peine como vecino, los apartamentos se encuentran situados entre las calles Marques Viudo de Pontejos y calle Postas, una de las calles imprescindibles de paso a la hora de conocer la famosíma Plaza Mayor y todo el Madrid de los Austrias. Recién reformados, Mimis Apartments constan de todo lo necesario para disfrutar de una agradable estancia en Madrid. Se encuentran en un edificio singular, de tan solo un apartamento por planta! 4 plantas en total con toda privacidad. Disponen de unas comodísimas camas dobles, sofas convertible en cama doble o individual, tv, internet fibra óptica, cocina totalmente equipada, lavadora/secadora, baño completo con ducha o bañera de hidromasaje y lo mejor de todo, la luminosidad que ofrecen 3 balcones que tienen todas las plantas y el ambiente de con el que te envuelve el edificio. Rodeada por comercios, restaurantes, ocio y supermercados. Disfruta de poder ir andando a todos lados! 1 minuto a Plaza Mayor. 3 minutos del famoso Mercado san Miguel. 3 minutos Puerta del Sol. 10 minutos Opera, Palacio Real. 6 minutos Latina, Cava Baja. 15 minutos Museo del Prado, Reina Sofia. 8 minutos a Gran Via. Perfecta comunicación de autobuses y metro desde la Puerta del Sol. Pregunta por nuestro servicio de traslado de o/a Aeropuerto. Os esperamos!

Palace of Villamejor, Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
3 Paseo de la Castellana
Madrid, 28046

The Palace of Villamejor is a palace located in Madrid, Spain. The State purchased it in 1914 to serve as the seat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, a role that it maintained until 1976, when Adolfo Suárez moved the institution and his official resience over to the Moncloa Complex. The palace now houses the offices of the Secretary of State for Public Administration. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 2003.

Landmark Near Puerta de Alcalá

Puerta de Alcalá
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia
Madrid, 28001

La Puerta de Alcalá es una de las cinco antiguas puertas reales que daban acceso a la ciudad de Madrid (España).Se encuentra situada en el centro de la rotonda de la Plaza de la Independencia. En el cruce de las calles de Alcalá, Alfonso XII, Serrano y Salustiano Olózaga, junto a las puertas del Retiro: Puerta de España, Puerta de la Independencia (entrada principal a los jardines del Retiro) y Puerta de Hernani.La puerta daba acceso a aquellos viajeros que entraban antiguamente a la población desde Francia, Aragón o Cataluña. En la actualidad es una puerta monumental que se encuentra ubicada junto a la Fuente de Cibeles y el Parque del Retiro. Fue construida por mandato de Carlos III en sustitución de otra puerta anterior que existía ya desde el siglo XVI. El diseño y obra pertenece al arquitecto italiano Francesco Sabatini. Compitieron con Sabatini otros proyectos por parte de arquitectos españoles: Ventura Rodríguez y de José de Hermosilla, siendo finalmente elegido personalmente por el Rey el diseño de Sabatini.

Puerta de Alcalá
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia
Madrid, 28001

La Puerta de Alcalá es una de las cinco antiguas puertas reales que daban acceso a la ciudad de Madrid (España).Se encuentra situada en el centro de la rotonda de la Plaza de la Independencia. En el cruce de las calles de Alcalá, Alfonso XII, Serrano y Salustiano Olózaga, junto a las puertas del Retiro: Puerta de España, Puerta de la Independencia (entrada principal a los jardines del Retiro) y Puerta de Hernani.La puerta daba acceso a aquellos viajeros que entraban antiguamente a la población desde Francia, Aragón o Cataluña. En la actualidad es una puerta monumental que se encuentra ubicada junto a la Fuente de Cibeles y el Parque del Retiro. Fue construida por mandato de Carlos III en sustitución de otra puerta anterior que existía ya desde el siglo XVI. El diseño y obra pertenece al arquitecto italiano Francesco Sabatini. Compitieron con Sabatini otros proyectos por parte de arquitectos españoles: Ventura Rodríguez y de José de Hermosilla, siendo finalmente elegido personalmente por el Rey el diseño de Sabatini.

Platea Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle Goya, 5-7
Madrid, 28001

915770025

Detalle de horarios: GENERAL PLATEA Domingo a miércoles: de 12:00h a 00:30h. Jueves a sábado: de 12:00h a 02:30h. Víspera de festivos: de 12:00h a 02:30h. Festivos en horario que corresponda. MAMÁ FRAMBOISE Lunes-sábado: de 09:00h a 21:00h. Domingo: de 10:00h a 21:00h. GOLD GOURMET Lunes-sábado: de 09:00h a 21:00h. Domingo: de 10:00h a 21:00h. TIENDAS COOKING Y MERCHANDISING Lunes-domingo: de 10:00h a 22:00h.

Puerta de Alcalá
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia
Madrid, 28001

The Puerta de Alcalá is a Neo-classical monument in the Plaza de la Independencia in Madrid, Spain. It is considered the first modern post-roman triumphal arch built in Europe, older than the similar monuments Arc de Triomphe in Paris and Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.It was a gate of the former Walls of Philip IV. It stands near the city center and several meters away from the main entrance to the Parque del Buen Retiro. The square is bisected by Alcalá Street, although the street does not cross through the monument, and it is the origin of the Alfonso XII, Serrano and Olózaga streets. Its name originates from the old path from Madrid to the nearby town of Alcalá de Henares.Madrid in the late 18th century still looked like a somewhat drab borough, surrounded by medieval walls. Around the year 1774, king Charles III commissioned Francesco Sabatini to construct a monumental gate in the city wall through which an expanded road to the city of Alcalá was to pass, replacing an older, smaller, gate which stood nearby. It was inaugurated in 1778.

Plaza de Colón
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Plaza Colón
Madrid, 28046

644 01 71 48

Plaza de Colón is located in the encounter of Chamberí, Centro and Salamanca districts of Madrid, Spain. This plaza and its fountain commemorate the explorer Christopher Columbus, whose name in Spanish was Cristóbal Colón.MonumentsThe plaza, originally called "Plaza de Santiago", was renamed "Plaza de Colón" in 1893 to honour Christopher Columbus. The square contains two monuments.On the Paseo de la Castellana side there is a monument to Columbus built in 1885. This is a statue of Columbus standing at the pinnacle of a tall column.The second monument on the Serrano Street. side consists of concrete macro-sculptures by Joaquín Vaquero Turcios. The concrete blocks are decorated with inscriptions by philosophers and indigenous leaders.FlagSince Spain's National Day in 2001, the world's largest Spanish flag—14m x 21m —294 square meters —has flown from a flagpole in Plaza de Colón that is 50 m high.The flag originally cost €378,000. It was replaced in January, 2016 at a cost of €400,000.Other featuresThe gardens in the plaza are known as the "Jardines del Descubrimiento" (Gardens of Discovery), where the Royal Mint was located until 1970.At the base of the Columbus monument is a large fountain with a broad cascade of water. There are steps leading under the cascade and beneath the plaza, where the roar of the fountain is amplified. Under the plaza along with the Centro Cultural de la Villa de Madrid (Madrid City Cultural Centre) lies a stop for a special shuttle that takes passengers to Barajas Airport.

National Archaeological Museum of Spain
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Serrano 13
Madrid, 28001

91 577 79 12

El Museo Arqueológico Nacional es un museo español instalado en el Palacio de Biblioteca y Museos Nacionales de Madrid, un edificio del siglo XIX, iniciado por el arquitecto Francisco Jareño y finalizado por Antonio Ruiz de Salces, que comparte con la Biblioteca Nacional y que se ubica en la calle Serrano, junto a la plaza de Colón.HistoriaFundación. Casino de la ReinaEl proyecto de un Museo Arqueológico Nacional se fraguó a partir de 1862. En ese año se decidió levantar al final del Paseo de Recoletos un edificio, el Palacio de Biblioteca y Museos Nacionales, que serviría de sede a la Biblioteca Nacional, el Museo Nacional de Pintura y Escultura (más conocido como Museo de la Trinidad) y el Museo Arqueológico Nacional.Su creación se enmarca dentro de una corriente, iniciada en el siglo XVIII, que fomentaba la creación de museos o gabinetes para fines de investigación o docencia, especialmente por parte del Estado, con bienes de la Corona o por iniciativa real. A ello se unió el fenómeno de las desamortizaciones eclesiásticas, con graves consecuencias para el patrimonio histórico y artístico. Para mitigar ese problema, en 1844 se crearon las Comisiones Provinciales de Monumentos, cuyo fin era reunir objetos para formar museos o colecciones en cada provincia. A toda esta actividad se unió la creación de archivos y bibliotecas en distintas provincias y la creación, en 1859, del Cuerpo de Archiveros y Bibliotecarios, que posteriormente se amplió con la sección de Anticuarios.

Cibeles!!!!
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de Cibeles
Madrid,

Bolsa de Madrid
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Lealtad, 1
Madrid, 28014

Edificio de Correos
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de Cibeles, s/n
Madrid, 28014

Theatre of María Guerrero
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Tamayo y Baus 4
Madrid, 28004

+34 913 102 949

El Teatro María Guerrero es un teatro público situado en Madrid. Pertenece al Ministerio de Cultura de España, y dentro de ese al Instituto Nacional de las Artes Escénicas y de la Música . Junto con el teatro Valle-Inclán, es sede del Centro Dramático Nacional, denominación del teatro nacional de España.

Theatre of María Guerrero
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Tamayo y Baus 4
Madrid, 28004

+34 913 102 949

El Teatro María Guerrero es un teatro público situado en Madrid. Pertenece al Ministerio de Cultura de España, y dentro de ese al Instituto Nacional de las Artes Escénicas y de la Música . Junto con el teatro Valle-Inclán, es sede del Centro Dramático Nacional, denominación del teatro nacional de España.

Palace of Linares
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pza. de la Cibeles, 2
Madrid, 28014

915 954 800

El palacio de Linares, conocido en sus primeros años como palacio de Murga, se encuentra en Madrid (España), situado entre el paseo de Recoletos y la calle de Alcalá, abriendo su fachada principal a la plaza de Cibeles, en los terrenos de los antiguos Molinos de Plata y del Pósito Real de Madrid, gran almacén de cereal pensado para atender posibles crisis de abastecimiento en la ciudad.ConstrucciónJosé de Murga y Reolid y Raimunda de Osorio y Ortega, primeros marqueses de Linares y primeros vizcondes de Llanteno, compraron el solar, de 3.064 metros cuadrados, en 1872 al Ayuntamiento de Madrid. Se encomendaron las obras al arquitecto municipal Carlos Colubí en 1877, siguiendo fundamentalmente los diseños del arquitecto francés Adolf Ombrecht, responsable asimismo de la construcción de otros fastuosos palacios como el desaparecido Palacio de Portugalete, propiedad de los duques de Bailén. Algunas partes del palacio de Linares, como la escalera de mármol que da paso al jardín, las caballerizas o la famosa Casa de Muñecas, fueron obra de Manuel Aníbal Álvarez. Los marqueses de Linares se mudaron al edificio en 1884, aunque las obras no terminarían por completo hasta 1900.

Palace of Linares
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pza. de la Cibeles, 2
Madrid, 28014

915 954 800

El palacio de Linares, conocido en sus primeros años como palacio de Murga, se encuentra en Madrid (España), situado entre el paseo de Recoletos y la calle de Alcalá, abriendo su fachada principal a la plaza de Cibeles, en los terrenos de los antiguos Molinos de Plata y del Pósito Real de Madrid, gran almacén de cereal pensado para atender posibles crisis de abastecimiento en la ciudad.ConstrucciónJosé de Murga y Reolid y Raimunda de Osorio y Ortega, primeros marqueses de Linares y primeros vizcondes de Llanteno, compraron el solar, de 3.064 metros cuadrados, en 1872 al Ayuntamiento de Madrid. Se encomendaron las obras al arquitecto municipal Carlos Colubí en 1877, siguiendo fundamentalmente los diseños del arquitecto francés Adolf Ombrecht, responsable asimismo de la construcción de otros fastuosos palacios como el desaparecido Palacio de Portugalete, propiedad de los duques de Bailén. Algunas partes del palacio de Linares, como la escalera de mármol que da paso al jardín, las caballerizas o la famosa Casa de Muñecas, fueron obra de Manuel Aníbal Álvarez. Los marqueses de Linares se mudaron al edificio en 1884, aunque las obras no terminarían por completo hasta 1900.

Supreme Court of Spain
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
COOPRATIVE BEL BACHIR MOHAMED 13 BOUAAMMA ORAN 31OO
Madrid, 28004

913 97 12 00

El Tribunal Supremo es el órgano constitucional de España que se encuentra en la cúspide del poder judicial. Es el tribunal superior en todos los órdenes, salvo lo dispuesto en materia de garantías constitucionales cuya responsabilidad descansa en el Tribunal Constitucional, ajeno al Poder Judicial.La sede del Tribunal Supremo se encuentra en Madrid, en la Plaza de la Villa de París, ocupando dependencias de lo que fue el Palacio y convento de las Salesas Reales, fundado por la reina Bárbara de Braganza en el siglo XVIII.AtribucionesConoce y decide en única instancia los procesos de responsabilidad civil o penal contra el Presidente y los ministros del Gobierno de la Nación, los senadores y diputados de las Cortes Generales, el Presidente y los magistrados del propio Tribunal Supremo y vocales del Consejo General del Poder Judicial (CGPJ), el Presidente y los magistrados del Tribunal Constitucional y otros integrantes de altas instituciones del Estado y de las comunidades autónomas.Asimismo, conoce y decide los procesos de ilegalización de partidos políticos, a instancia exclusiva del Ministerio Fiscal o del Gobierno, requerido a ello por el Senado o el Congreso de los Diputados.También conoce y decide los recursos ordinarios y extraordinarios previstos por la Ley contra las resoluciones de los tribunales inferiores.

Supreme Court of Spain
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
COOPRATIVE BEL BACHIR MOHAMED 13 BOUAAMMA ORAN 31OO
Madrid, 28004

913 97 12 00

El Tribunal Supremo es el órgano constitucional de España que se encuentra en la cúspide del poder judicial. Es el tribunal superior en todos los órdenes, salvo lo dispuesto en materia de garantías constitucionales cuya responsabilidad descansa en el Tribunal Constitucional, ajeno al Poder Judicial.La sede del Tribunal Supremo se encuentra en Madrid, en la Plaza de la Villa de París, ocupando dependencias de lo que fue el Palacio y convento de las Salesas Reales, fundado por la reina Bárbara de Braganza en el siglo XVIII.AtribucionesConoce y decide en única instancia los procesos de responsabilidad civil o penal contra el Presidente y los ministros del Gobierno de la Nación, los senadores y diputados de las Cortes Generales, el Presidente y los magistrados del propio Tribunal Supremo y vocales del Consejo General del Poder Judicial (CGPJ), el Presidente y los magistrados del Tribunal Constitucional y otros integrantes de altas instituciones del Estado y de las comunidades autónomas.Asimismo, conoce y decide los procesos de ilegalización de partidos políticos, a instancia exclusiva del Ministerio Fiscal o del Gobierno, requerido a ello por el Senado o el Congreso de los Diputados.También conoce y decide los recursos ordinarios y extraordinarios previstos por la Ley contra las resoluciones de los tribunales inferiores.

Jardines del Descubrimiento
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
plaza colon
Madrid, 28001

Los Jardines del Descubrimiento se encuentran en la Plaza de Colón de Madrid (España). Ocupan una superficie de 1,87 hectáreas y se extienden cuadrangularmente entre la calle de Goya, que cierra la parte norte del recinto; la confluencia de los paseos de la Castellana y Recoletos, en su lado occidental; la calle de Serrano, en el oriental; y la calle de Jorge Juan, que conforma su cara sur. En esta última vía se emplaza la fachada septentrional del Palacio de Bibliotecas y Museos, del siglo XIX, que sirve de sede a la Biblioteca Nacional y al Museo Arqueológico Nacional.Los jardines, que están dedicados al Descubrimiento de América, fueron inaugurados en el año 1970, dentro de las obras de remodelación de la Plaza de Colón. Se levantan sobre el lugar donde se alzaba la Casa de Moneda y Timbre, edificio del siglo XVIII que fue derribado durante la citada reforma. Gran parte de su superficie sirve de cubierta al Centro Cultural de la Villa de Madrid, construido en el subsuelo, así como a un aparcamiento, igualmente subterráneo.DescripciónLos Jardines presentan una planta cuadrangular, dividida en dos grandes sectores de forma triangular, entre los cuales se extiende un paseo principal distribuido diagonalmente. Están integrados por varios núcleos arbolados (olivos, cedros y pinos) e, inicialmente, por praderas de césped, sustituidas en agosto de 2006 por gravas ornamentales, como medida tomada por el Ayuntamiento de Madrid para ahorrar agua y evitar las filtraciones que se producían sobre el Centro Cultural de la Villa de Madrid.

Banco de España (Madrid Metro)
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
48 Calle de Alcalá
Madrid, 28014

913385000

Banco de España is a station on Line 2 of the Madrid Metro. located in the Center of Madrid in the Calle de Alcalá, next to the Plaza de Cibeles, perpendicular to the Paseo del Prado.HistoryBanco de España station opened on 14 June 1924 with the first stretch of Line 2 between Sol and Ventas. The station is named after Bank of Spain building located nearby. Another prominent monumets situated near this station are: Cibeles Fountain, Palacio de Linares, Círculo de Bellas Artes, The Communications Palace (currently the Madrid City Hall), the church of San José, the Palacio de Buenavista, the building of the Interior Ministry of Spain and the Fine Arts Theatre.

Banco de España (Madrid Metro)
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
48 Calle de Alcalá
Madrid, 28014

913385000

Banco de España is a station on Line 2 of the Madrid Metro. located in the Center of Madrid in the Calle de Alcalá, next to the Plaza de Cibeles, perpendicular to the Paseo del Prado.HistoryBanco de España station opened on 14 June 1924 with the first stretch of Line 2 between Sol and Ventas. The station is named after Bank of Spain building located nearby. Another prominent monumets situated near this station are: Cibeles Fountain, Palacio de Linares, Círculo de Bellas Artes, The Communications Palace (currently the Madrid City Hall), the church of San José, the Palacio de Buenavista, the building of the Interior Ministry of Spain and the Fine Arts Theatre.

Monument to Alfonso XII
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Monumento alfonzo
Madrid, 28009

El Monumento a la Patria española personificada en el rey Alfonso XII, más conocido como Monumento a Alfonso XII, es un conjunto escultórico de principios del siglo XX, situado en el Parque del Retiro, en Madrid (España).HistoriaEn 1902 se convocó un concurso nacional para construir un monumento al rey Alfonso XII, a iniciativa de la reina madre María Cristina de Habsburgo-Lorena. El ganador fue el arquitecto José Grases Riera con un grandioso proyecto en uno de los lados mayores del Estanque del Retiro, compuesto por una gran columnata con un gran número de esculturas que rodearía a la estatua ecuestre del rey, a un lado del estanque, en bronce y mármol.Al fallecer, José Grases Riera fue sustituido en la dirección por Teodoro Anasagasti, que no introdujo modificaciones. El monumento, financiado por suscripción popular, fue inaugurado el 6 de junio de 1922.Todo el conjunto mide 30 metros de alto, 86 metros de largo y 58 metros de ancho, y participaron en su elaboración más de veinte escultores. Fue la primera estatua conmemorativa de las que durante el pasado siglo fueron poblando los jardines; obras como las de Mariano Benlliure, Josep Clarà y Mateo Inurria, entre otros.

Monument to Alfonso XII
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Monumento alfonzo
Madrid, 28009

El Monumento a la Patria española personificada en el rey Alfonso XII, más conocido como Monumento a Alfonso XII, es un conjunto escultórico de principios del siglo XX, situado en el Parque del Retiro, en Madrid (España).HistoriaEn 1902 se convocó un concurso nacional para construir un monumento al rey Alfonso XII, a iniciativa de la reina madre María Cristina de Habsburgo-Lorena. El ganador fue el arquitecto José Grases Riera con un grandioso proyecto en uno de los lados mayores del Estanque del Retiro, compuesto por una gran columnata con un gran número de esculturas que rodearía a la estatua ecuestre del rey, a un lado del estanque, en bronce y mármol.Al fallecer, José Grases Riera fue sustituido en la dirección por Teodoro Anasagasti, que no introdujo modificaciones. El monumento, financiado por suscripción popular, fue inaugurado el 6 de junio de 1922.Todo el conjunto mide 30 metros de alto, 86 metros de largo y 58 metros de ancho, y participaron en su elaboración más de veinte escultores. Fue la primera estatua conmemorativa de las que durante el pasado siglo fueron poblando los jardines; obras como las de Mariano Benlliure, Josep Clarà y Mateo Inurria, entre otros.

Torres de Colón
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Génova
Madrid, 28004

Columbus Towers or Torres de Colón is a highrise office building composed of twin towers located at the Plaza de Colón in Madrid, Spain. The building constructed in 1976 was designed by the architect Antonio Lamela.The building with its 116 meter height and 23 floors is the twelfth tallest in the Spanish capital (counting the CTBA towers). It was the headquarters of the Rumasa company, during which time its name was changed to Torres de Jerez (Towers of Jerez), in honour of the home town of the company. It is currently valued at $116 million.It is found in and dominates the Plaza de Colón, one of the major commercial centres in Madrid. The twin buildings are known locally as "El Enchufe" or "The Plug" for the plug-like structure that binds them.The towers have a suspended structure; the building consists of two pillars together on top of a platform from which hang two large towers with perimeter beams six feet singing with pendulums each floor with cable-stayed steel cables. Construction commenced with the concrete footings, the two central pillars and the upper platform. Then the towers were built from top to bottom, from the upper platform plant to plant closer to the base of the building. At the base, three floors (six floors including basements) were built from the bottom up.The glass facades are covered with maroon and green and there is a structure (the 'plug' added later) at the top. The building houses offices of various companies and shops on the lower floors.

Iglesia de San Manuel y San Benito
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
C/ Alcalá 83
Madrid, 28001

Casón del Buen Retiro
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Alfonso XII, 28
Madrid, 28014

+34 913 302 800

The Casón del Buen Retiro is an annex of the Museo del Prado complex in Madrid. Following major restoration work, which was completed in October 2007, it now houses the Museum's study centre (the Escuela del Prado) and library.Picasso's Guernica canvas, and the sketches associated with its creation, were on display at the Casón from 1981, when it was delivered to Spain from New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), to 1992, when it was moved to its current permanent location in a purpose-built gallery at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.HistoryLocated in front of the Puerta de Felipe IV entrance to the west side of the Retiro Park, the Casón was originally built as the ballroom, the Salón de Baile, of the Buen Retiro Palace, of which now only two buildings, the Casón and the Salón de Reinos which, until it was moved to the Alcázar de Toledo in 2010, housed the Museo del Ejército (Army Museum), still remain.The artistic importance of Luca Giordano's The Allegory of the Golden Fleece, on the ceiling of the Casón, commissioned by King Charles II of Spain (ca.1697), and considered one of the masterpieces of the Prado, is one of the possible reasons given for the building having survived when most of the other buildings in the Bueno Retiro palace complex were knocked down.

Apartamentos Recoletos
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
C Villanueva, 2
Madrid, 28001

914 31 91 00

Convent of the Salesas Reales
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Bárbara de Braganza, 1 y 3
Madrid, 28004

+34 913 194 811

The Convent of the Salesas Reales is an 18th-century architectural complex in central Madrid, Spain. Formerly a convent, specifically the convent of the Visitación de Nuestra Señora (Visitation of Our Lady), it was constructed and occupied by the Order of the Visitation of Holy Mary, which had been founded by St. Francis de Sales and St Jeanne de Chantal. The convent's church (dedicated to St Barbara) is now a parish church, and the remainder of the complex houses the Supreme Court of Spain.HistoryThe convent was founded in 1748 by Queen Barbara of Portugal, the wife of King Ferdinand VI as a school and home for young noble women. She not only sought to establish a convent, but also a convenient place where she could retire. The convent was designed by François Carlier, construction being started in 1743; the original plans were modified and completed by 1750 by Francisco Moradillo. In 1870, the nuns were evicted, and the building converted in the Palace of Justice. During the twentieth century, the palace-convent suffered two fires, and required restoration by Joaquín Roji. The stairwell at the entrance was completed in 1930, opening to the new Barbara de Braganza street. The Tribunal de Orden Público had its headquarters in the Convent from 1963 till 1977.

Rent & Roll, bike rental
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Calle Salustiano Olozaga, 14
Madrid, 28001

915763524

Alquiler de Bicicletas, Patines y Longboards. Tours en bicicleta por Madrid Bicycles and Skates for rent. Bike tours in Madrid. Aluguer de bicicletas, Skatesboard, Longboards, Kick Scooter, e mais. 自転車(子供用、6ヶ月からご使用可能なベビーシートもご用意しております。)スケートボード、ロングボード、キックスクーター、その他のスポーツ 用品の貸し出しもしております。どうぞお気軽にお問い合わせください。

Palace of Villamejor, Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
3 Paseo de la Castellana
Madrid, 28046

The Palace of Villamejor is a palace located in Madrid, Spain. The State purchased it in 1914 to serve as the seat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, a role that it maintained until 1976, when Adolfo Suárez moved the institution and his official resience over to the Moncloa Complex. The palace now houses the offices of the Secretary of State for Public Administration. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 2003.

Palace of Villamejor, Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
3 Paseo de la Castellana
Madrid, 28046

The Palace of Villamejor is a palace located in Madrid, Spain. The State purchased it in 1914 to serve as the seat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, a role that it maintained until 1976, when Adolfo Suárez moved the institution and his official resience over to the Moncloa Complex. The palace now houses the offices of the Secretary of State for Public Administration. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 2003.

Landmark Near Puerta de Alcalá

Puerta de Alcalá
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Independencia
Madrid, Spain 28001

La Puerta de Alcalá es una de las cinco antiguas puertas reales que daban acceso a la ciudad de Madrid (España).Se encuentra situada en el centro de la rotonda de la Plaza de la Independencia. En el cruce de las calles de Alcalá, Alfonso XII, Serrano y Salustiano Olózaga, junto a las puertas del Retiro: Puerta de España, Puerta de la Independencia (entrada principal a los jardines del Retiro) y Puerta de Hernani.La puerta daba acceso a aquellos viajeros que entraban antiguamente a la población desde Francia, Aragón o Cataluña. En la actualidad es una puerta monumental que se encuentra ubicada junto a la Fuente de Cibeles y el Parque del Retiro. Fue construida por mandato de Carlos III en sustitución de otra puerta anterior que existía ya desde el siglo XVI. El diseño y obra pertenece al arquitecto italiano Francesco Sabatini. Compitieron con Sabatini otros proyectos por parte de arquitectos españoles: Ventura Rodríguez y de José de Hermosilla, siendo finalmente elegido personalmente por el Rey el diseño de Sabatini.

Palace of Linares
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pza. de la Cibeles, 2
Madrid, Spain 28014

915 954 800

El palacio de Linares, conocido en sus primeros años como palacio de Murga, se encuentra en Madrid (España), situado entre el paseo de Recoletos y la calle de Alcalá, abriendo su fachada principal a la plaza de Cibeles, en los terrenos de los antiguos Molinos de Plata y del Pósito Real de Madrid, gran almacén de cereal pensado para atender posibles crisis de abastecimiento en la ciudad.ConstrucciónJosé de Murga y Reolid y Raimunda de Osorio y Ortega, primeros marqueses de Linares y primeros vizcondes de Llanteno, compraron el solar, de 3.064 metros cuadrados, en 1872 al Ayuntamiento de Madrid. Se encomendaron las obras al arquitecto municipal Carlos Colubí en 1877, siguiendo fundamentalmente los diseños del arquitecto francés Adolf Ombrecht, responsable asimismo de la construcción de otros fastuosos palacios como el desaparecido Palacio de Portugalete, propiedad de los duques de Bailén. Algunas partes del palacio de Linares, como la escalera de mármol que da paso al jardín, las caballerizas o la famosa Casa de Muñecas, fueron obra de Manuel Aníbal Álvarez. Los marqueses de Linares se mudaron al edificio en 1884, aunque las obras no terminarían por completo hasta 1900.

Theatre of María Guerrero
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Tamayo y Baus 4
Madrid, Spain 28004

+34 913 102 949

El Teatro María Guerrero es un teatro público situado en Madrid. Pertenece al Ministerio de Cultura de España, y dentro de ese al Instituto Nacional de las Artes Escénicas y de la Música . Junto con el teatro Valle-Inclán, es sede del Centro Dramático Nacional, denominación del teatro nacional de España.

Casón del Buen Retiro
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Alfonso XII, 28
Madrid, Spain 28014

+34 913 302 800

The Casón del Buen Retiro is an annex of the Museo del Prado complex in Madrid. Following major restoration work, which was completed in October 2007, it now houses the Museum's study centre (the Escuela del Prado) and library.Picasso's Guernica canvas, and the sketches associated with its creation, were on display at the Casón from 1981, when it was delivered to Spain from New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), to 1992, when it was moved to its current permanent location in a purpose-built gallery at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.HistoryLocated in front of the Puerta de Felipe IV entrance to the west side of the Retiro Park, the Casón was originally built as the ballroom, the Salón de Baile, of the Buen Retiro Palace, of which now only two buildings, the Casón and the Salón de Reinos which, until it was moved to the Alcázar de Toledo in 2010, housed the Museo del Ejército (Army Museum), still remain.The artistic importance of Luca Giordano's The Allegory of the Golden Fleece, on the ceiling of the Casón, commissioned by King Charles II of Spain (ca.1697), and considered one of the masterpieces of the Prado, is one of the possible reasons given for the building having survived when most of the other buildings in the Bueno Retiro palace complex were knocked down.

Supreme Court of Spain
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
COOPRATIVE BEL BACHIR MOHAMED 13 BOUAAMMA ORAN 31OO
Madrid, Spain 28004

913 97 12 00

El Tribunal Supremo es el órgano constitucional de España que se encuentra en la cúspide del poder judicial. Es el tribunal superior en todos los órdenes, salvo lo dispuesto en materia de garantías constitucionales cuya responsabilidad descansa en el Tribunal Constitucional, ajeno al Poder Judicial.La sede del Tribunal Supremo se encuentra en Madrid, en la Plaza de la Villa de París, ocupando dependencias de lo que fue el Palacio y convento de las Salesas Reales, fundado por la reina Bárbara de Braganza en el siglo XVIII.AtribucionesConoce y decide en única instancia los procesos de responsabilidad civil o penal contra el Presidente y los ministros del Gobierno de la Nación, los senadores y diputados de las Cortes Generales, el Presidente y los magistrados del propio Tribunal Supremo y vocales del Consejo General del Poder Judicial (CGPJ), el Presidente y los magistrados del Tribunal Constitucional y otros integrantes de altas instituciones del Estado y de las comunidades autónomas.Asimismo, conoce y decide los procesos de ilegalización de partidos políticos, a instancia exclusiva del Ministerio Fiscal o del Gobierno, requerido a ello por el Senado o el Congreso de los Diputados.También conoce y decide los recursos ordinarios y extraordinarios previstos por la Ley contra las resoluciones de los tribunales inferiores.

Church of San José
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Alcalá, 43
Madrid, Spain 28014

915 22 67 84

The Church of San José is a church located in Madrid, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1995.

Platea Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle Goya, 5-7
Madrid, Spain 28001

915770025

Detalle de horarios: GENERAL PLATEA Domingo a miércoles: de 12:00h a 00:30h. Jueves a sábado: de 12:00h a 02:30h. Víspera de festivos: de 12:00h a 02:30h. Festivos en horario que corresponda. MAMÁ FRAMBOISE Lunes-sábado: de 09:00h a 21:00h. Domingo: de 10:00h a 21:00h. GOLD GOURMET Lunes-sábado: de 09:00h a 21:00h. Domingo: de 10:00h a 21:00h. TIENDAS COOKING Y MERCHANDISING Lunes-domingo: de 10:00h a 22:00h.

Monument to Alfonso XII
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Monumento alfonzo
Madrid, Spain 28009

El Monumento a la Patria española personificada en el rey Alfonso XII, más conocido como Monumento a Alfonso XII, es un conjunto escultórico de principios del siglo XX, situado en el Parque del Retiro, en Madrid (España).HistoriaEn 1902 se convocó un concurso nacional para construir un monumento al rey Alfonso XII, a iniciativa de la reina madre María Cristina de Habsburgo-Lorena. El ganador fue el arquitecto José Grases Riera con un grandioso proyecto en uno de los lados mayores del Estanque del Retiro, compuesto por una gran columnata con un gran número de esculturas que rodearía a la estatua ecuestre del rey, a un lado del estanque, en bronce y mármol.Al fallecer, José Grases Riera fue sustituido en la dirección por Teodoro Anasagasti, que no introdujo modificaciones. El monumento, financiado por suscripción popular, fue inaugurado el 6 de junio de 1922.Todo el conjunto mide 30 metros de alto, 86 metros de largo y 58 metros de ancho, y participaron en su elaboración más de veinte escultores. Fue la primera estatua conmemorativa de las que durante el pasado siglo fueron poblando los jardines; obras como las de Mariano Benlliure, Josep Clarà y Mateo Inurria, entre otros.

Palace of Villamejor, Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
3 Paseo de la Castellana
Madrid, Spain 28046

The Palace of Villamejor is a palace located in Madrid, Spain. The State purchased it in 1914 to serve as the seat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, a role that it maintained until 1976, when Adolfo Suárez moved the institution and his official resience over to the Moncloa Complex. The palace now houses the offices of the Secretary of State for Public Administration. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 2003.

Aguirre School
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle Pío Baroja 4
Madrid, Spain 28009

91 574 18 64

The Aguirre School, today also known as the Casa Árabe, is a notable Neo-Mudéjar style building, located at Calle de Alcalá, 62, Madrid, Spain. It is named after Lucas Aguirre, a Spanish philanthropist who left funds for the construction of schools. Since 2006 it has housed the Casa Árabe e Instituto Internacional de Estudios Árabes y del Mundo Musulmán.This Neo-Mudéjar style building was designed by Emilio Rodríguez Ayuso and built from 1881-1886. The same architect later added an enclosure and garden . Subsequently architect Luis Bellido González performed alterations in 1908–1909 and 1929, with a third set of alterations and basement extension made by Antonio Flórez Urdapilleta and Bernardo Giner de los Ríos in 1932–1933.

Sala Búho Real
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Calle Regueros 5
Madrid, Spain 28004

91 308 48 51

Desde 1984 una de las salas más importantes de la música en directo de Madrid.

Mantequerias Bravo
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
c/ Ayala, 24
Madrid, Spain 28001

91 575 80 72

Desde 1931 trabajamos para ofrecer la mayor selección vino, licores y productos gourmet

Ocio, Ventajas, Restaurantes, una pagina para todo lo que necesites
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Calle Castelló 37
Madrid, Spain 28001

653891552

Palacio de Cristal
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paseo Republica de Cuba, 4
Madrid, Spain 28009

+34 915 746 614

The Palacio de Cristal is a glass and metal structure located in Madrid's Buen Retiro Park. It was built in 1887 to exhibit flora and fauna from the Philippines, then a Spanish colonial possession. The architect was Ricardo Velázquez Bosco.The Palacio de Cristal, in the shape of a Greek cross, is made almost entirely of glass set in an iron framework on a brick base, which is decorated with ceramics. Its cupola makes the structure over 22 metres high. When it was erected, glass and iron construction on a large scale was already to be seen in Madrid at Delicias station, the work of a French architect. However the curved architecture of the Palacio de Cristal is more comparable to the techniques pioneered by the British architects Joseph Paxton and Decimus Burton .The cast-iron frame was manufactured in Bilbao. The structure was designed in a way that would allow it to be re-erected on another site . However, the building has remained on the original site, next to a lake, and has been restored to its original appearance. It is no longer used as a greenhouse, and is currently used for art exhibits.

Le Boutique Club
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Serrano 45
Madrid, Spain 28001

91 186 72 47

Cafe de Sherezade
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
C/Santa María 18
Madrid, Spain 28014

918053224

Real Academia de la Historia
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Calle de León, 21
Madrid, Spain 28014

+34 914 290 611

'' is a Spanish institution based in Madrid that studies history "ancient and modern, political, civil, ecclesiastical, military, scientific, of letters and arts, that is to say, the different branches of life, of civilisation, and of the culture of the Spanish people".The Academy was established in 1738. Since 1836 it has occupied an 18th-century building designed by the neoclassical architect Juan de Villanueva.CollectionsAs formerly the main Spanish institution for antiquaries, the Academy retains significant libraries and collections of antiquities, which cannot be seen by the public. The keeper of antiquities is the prehistorian Martín Almagro Gorbea.Items held include: The Glosas Emilianenses The Roda Codex The Missorium of Theodosius I, a large ceremonial silver dish, probably made in Constantinople for the tenth anniversary (decennalia) in 388 of the reign of the Emperor Theodosius I, the last Emperor to rule both the Eastern and Western Empires. It is one of the best surviving examples of Late Antique Imperial imagery and one of finest examples of late Roman goldsmith work.CriticismSome Spanish historians consider it an obsolete misogynist institution, that still considers history as a matter of kings and battles.

Teatro Monumental
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Atocha 65
Madrid, Spain 28012

+34 914 291 281

The Teatro Monumental is a concert hall in Madrid. The theatre, designed by Teodoro Anasagasti Algan, was built between 1922 and 1923 as a movie theatre and later was transformed to house symphonic concerts.The theatre is the concert venue of the RTVE Symphony Orchestra.