EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île, Paris | Tourist Information


19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, France 75004


De Église Saint-Louis-en-l'Île is een rooms-katholieke kerk in de Franse hoofdstad Parijs, gesitueerd in het 4e arrondissement van de stad, op het Île Saint-Louis. De kerk is ontworpen door vier architecten, waaronder François Le Vau, de niet-erkende broer van Louis Le Vau, architect van het kasteel van Versailles. De schutspatroon van de kerk is Lodewijk IX de Heilige van Frankrijk.Het gebouwDe Saint-Louis-en-l'Île is gebouwd tussen 1664 en 1726, tijdens het bewind van Lodewijk XIII. Het verving een andere kerk, die daar vanaf 1622 had gestaan. De belangrijkste redenen dat de bouw zo lang duurde waren het gebrek aan geld en goede arbeidskrachten.Het gebouw wordt gekenmerkt door de opengewerkte klokkentoren en de atypische smeedijzeren klok. Het geheel, gebouwd in jezuïtische stijl, wordt vooral gekenschetst door de barokke architectuur van die periode. De Saint-Louis is opgebouw uit drie beuken, en staat bekend om de grote hoeveelheid (blad)goud, emaillewerk en marmer. Een andere bijzonderheid is het feit dat de kerk is opgenomen in de huizenrij, en dat er dus enkel een vrij bescheiden façade te zien is vanaf de hoofdstraat.

Catholic Church Near Saint-Louis-en-l'Île

Eglise Luthérienne De La Trinité
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
172 Boulevard Vincent Auriol
Paris, 75013

Notre-Dame Cathedral
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Église Saint-Marcel
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
82 boulevard de l’Hôpital
Paris, 75013

01 47 07 27 43

Eglise Saint-Médard
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
141 Rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

01 44 08 87 00

Paroisse Saint Médard - Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
141 rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

+33 (0)144088700

L'église construite entre le XIIIe siècle (clocher) et le XVIIIème siècle. Elle a été classée "monument historique" en 1906. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89glise_Saint-M%C3%A9dard_de_Paris

Val-de-Grâce (church)
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, 75005

Notre-Dame du Val-de-Grâce, connue populairement comme l'église du Val-de-Grâce, est une église de style classique baroque français originellement destinée à être l'église de l'abbaye royale du Val-de-Grâce située dans le arrondissement de Paris, place Alphonse Laveran.Les bâtiments de l'ancienne abbaye accueillent aujourd'hui le musée du service de santé des armées, la bibliothèque centrale du Service de santé des armées, et l'École du Val-de-Grâce, anciennement École d'Application du Service de Santé des Armées (EASSA). Le même îlot militaire comprend l'hôpital d'instruction des armées du Val-de-Grâce, situé sur l'ancien potager de l'abbaye.

Paris International Seventh Day Adventist Church
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
24 rue Pierre Nicole
Paris, 75005

Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
252 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, 75005

The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a church in Paris, France in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained oround 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminar in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.Initial constructionThe surrounding population increased and the faithful became accustomed to pray in the chapel of the Benedictines. The monks found themselves inconvenienced and demanded the departure of the lay people. In 1582 the bishop then gave permission for construction of a church adjoining the monastery of Saint-Magloire. A small church was built in 1584, serving the parishes of Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Benoît and Saint-Médard. In this church the choir was oriented eastward, backing onto the rue Saint-Jacques. The church was entered through the monastery cemetery. A cemetery was opened in 1584 beside the original chapel, along today's rue de l’Abbé-de-l’Épée. It was closed in 1790. The original gallery organ was made by Vincent Coupeau, an organist of the parish, and was installed in 1628.

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban à PARIS
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
15-17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

+33 1 43 29 47 60

Historique Le culte maronite a été autorisé en France par arrêté du 1e septembre 1892. Dès lors, la chapelle du petit Luxembourg est mise à la disposition de la communauté maronite en Île-de-France. Jusqu'en 1915, les autorités françaises et le représentant du patriarche recherchent de concert un lieu de culte adapté aux besoins de la communauté. Dans le sillage de la séparation de l'Église et de l'État arrêtée en 1905, les pères jésuites de l'école Sainte Geneviève à Paris ont dû abandonner la chapelle de leur école et toute leur structure éducative s'était ensuite établie à Versailles rue des postes (Ginette). En 1915, l'ancienne chapelle de l'école Sainte Geneviève des pères jésuites à Paris est affectée au culte maronite. Elle est inaugurée le 16 juillet de cette même année sous le patronage de Notre Dame du Liban. Construite par le célèbre architecte ASTRUC dans un style néogothique, la chapelle est dotée d'une série de vitraux œuvre du maître verrier Émile HIRSCH. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace restent cependant en verre losangé. Elle est inaugurée le 13 mai 1894, veille de la Pentecôte. En 1937, le gouvernement français et le patriarcat créent autour de l'église la fondation du foyer franco-libanais. Le 8 décembre 1963, le patriarche MEOUCHI inaugure les nouveaux locaux du foyer franco-libanais. Le 25 octobre 1990, commencent la réfection de la toiture et le projet de rénovation de l'église dont la majeure partie sera réalisée entre octobre 1991 et mai 1993. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace sont garnies de vitraux. Les verrières ont été exécutées par les maîtres verriers Christiane et Philippe ANDRIEUX et la rosace, inspirée de Notre-Dame de Kannoubine, est l'œuvre de Marie-Jo et Yves GUEYEL. Entre 2010 et 2011, la fondation met à neuf les quatre façades extérieures, les chéneaux, la charpente et les vitraux.

Église Notre Dame Du Liban À Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

Academia Christiana
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
14, rue Gay-Lussac
Paris, 75005

+33640389614

Nos valeurs : • Honnêteté intellectuelle • Recherche de la vérité • Combativité • Esthétique • Soucis d’être compris • Apostolat • Cohérence • Soucis de l’âme • Convivialité

Panthéon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

01 44 32 18 00

The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. It is an early example of neoclassicism, with a façade modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, surmounted by a dome that owes some of its character to Bramante's Tempietto. Located in the 5th arrondissement on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the Panthéon looks out over all of Paris. Designer Jacques-Germain Soufflot had the intention of combining the lightness and brightness of the Gothic cathedral with classical principles, but its role as a mausoleum required the great Gothic windows to be blocked.HistoryKing Louis XV vowed in 1744 that if he recovered from his illness he would replace the ruined church of the Abbey of St Genevieve with an edifice worthy of the patron saint of Paris. He did recover, and entrusted Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny with the fulfillment of his vow. In 1755, Marigny commissioned Jacques-Germain Soufflot to design the church, with construction beginning two years later.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon.Remplaçant un édifice du XIIIe siècle, elle est construite à partir de la fin du XVe siècle, et sert de paroisse aux habitants du quartier situé autour de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève. Le chantier, commencé par le chevet et le clocher en 1491, est achevé par la façade en 1624.Après avoir été brièvement transformée en temple de la Piété filiale sous la Révolution française, elle est rendue à ses fonctions d'église paroissiale en 1801 et n'a pas changé d'affectation depuis.La châsse de sainte Geneviève, vide de ses reliques depuis la Révolution française, y est conservée. L'église abrite également un orgue dont les origines et le buffet remontent aux années 1630. Elle est la dernière église parisienne où l'on peut encore voir un jubé.

Paroisse Saint-Etienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

Eglise Saint-Ephrem Concerts musique classique Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
17 rue des Carmes
Paris, 75005

0142509618

Située dans le Centre Historique de Paris, l'église Catholique Syriaque Saint-Ephrem (Chrétiens d'Orient) dont l'acoustique est remarquable, accueille régulièrement des concerts dans le but de promouvoir de jeunes musiciens talentueux en début de carrière. Tous ces artistes sont diplômés du Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris ou de grandes écoles européennes. Parmi eux, nombreux sont lauréats de concours nationaux ou internationaux. Réservations : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php English : Church St-Ephrem Between the Boulevard Saint Germain and the Pantheon. Located in the historical heart of Paris, the Church of saint Ephrem with its outstanding acoustics is a regular venue for concerts of classical music. Recitals are given by talented young musicians, all from the National Conservatory of Music of Paris. Concerts by Candlelight. Booking : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Deutsch : Kirche St-Ephrem Zwischen Boulevard Saint Germain und Pantheon. Die im historischen Stadtzentrum von Paris gelegene, Kirche Saint-Ephrem mit ihrer hervorragenden Akustik, veranstaltet regelmässig Konzerte klassischer Musik. Diese werden von jungen Talenten der Pariser Musikhochschule gegeben. Konzerte bei Kerzenlicht. Reservierung : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Español : Iglesia St-Ephrem Entre el Bulevar Saint Germain y el Pantheon. Situada en el Casco Historico de Paris, la iglesia St Ephrem cuya acustica llama la atencion, acoge regularmente conciertos de musica clasica. Los recitales los dan Jovenes Talentos que provienen todos del Conservatorio Nacional Superior de Musica de Paris. Conciertos a las candelas. Reservas : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Italiano : Chiesa St-Ephrem Tra il Boulevard Saint Germain ed il Pantheon. Situata nel Centro Storico di Parigi la Chiesa Saint Ephrem dotata di un’ eccelente acustica accoglie regolarmente concerti di musica classica. I recital sono eseguiti da Giovani Talenti tutti provenienti dal Conservatorio Nazionale Superiore di Musica di Parigi. Concerti alle candele. Prenotazioni : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php

Eglise Saint Ephrem Le Syriaque
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue des Carmes
Paris, 75005

Église Saint-Antoine des Quinze-Vingts
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
57 rue traversière
Paris, 75012

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, 75004

L’église Saint-Louis-en-l’Île est une église française située dans l'actuel 4e arrondissement de Paris, sur l’île Saint-Louis. L’église se trouve à l'intersection de la rue Saint-Louis-en-l’Île et de la rue Poulletier. Cet édifice a été construit en plusieurs étapes de 1624 à 1726. Son saint patron est Saint Louis de France qui régna sous le nom de Louis IX.La paroisse est actuellement une des plus petites du diocèse de Paris. Elle couvre la moitié de l’île de la Cité, l’île Saint-Louis en elle-même et l'ancienne île Louviers (la partie entre l’actuel boulevard Morland et la Seine).Origine du nomL’église est dédiée à Louis IX qui régna sur la France de 1226 à 1270 et qui serait venu prier sur l’île aux Vaches, incorporée dans l’île Saint-Louis au moment du lotissement des lieux. Ce serait sur cet îlot qu'il prit la croix en 1269 avant de partir assiéger Tunis.Il racheta à l'empereur de Constantinople, Baudouin II, la relique de la couronne d'épines du Christ. L'imagerie populaire montre souvent le saint roi en possession de ces reliques pour lesquelles il fit bâtir la Sainte Chapelle. Louis IX a été canonisé en 1297 par le pape Boniface VIII sous le nom de saint Louis de France.

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, 75004

The Saint-Louis-en-l'Île Church, is a Catholic church located on Île Saint-Louis in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France.HistoryConstruction of the church began in 1664. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1622, and the church was completed in 1675.

Église De Saint Louis En L'Ile
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
rue Saint-Louis-en-l’Île
Paris, 75004

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, 75005

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
79 Rue Galande
Paris, 75005

01 43 54 52 16

Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre, in full Église Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre, is a Melkite Greek Catholic parish church in Paris, France, and one of the city's oldest religious buildings. Built in Romanesque style during the 13th century, it is situated in the 5th arrondissement, on the Left Bank of the Seine River, about 500 meters away from the Musée de Cluny and in the proximity of the Maubert-Mutualité Paris Métro station. It shares a city block with the Square René Viviani.Originally a Roman Catholic place of worship, Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre was built in stages from the 12th to the 19th centuries, and granted to the Eastern Catholic Melkite community in 1889. Its design was modified several times, and the resulting church is significantly smaller in size than originally planned.NameThe church was dedicated to two medieval French saints of the same name: Julian of Le Mans and a figure from the region of Dauphiné. "The poor" is said to originate from Julian of Le Mans, whose dedication to the cause of the poor was considered exemplary.

Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
79 Rue Galande
Paris, 75005

01 43 54 52 16

Kościół Saint-Julien-le Pauvre – gotycki kościół z XIII w., początkowo rzymskokatolicki, obecnie użytkowany przez społeczność melkicką. Jeden z najstarszych kościołów w mieście, na lewym brzegu Sekwany, w 5. okręgu Paryża.HistoriaPatronem obiektu został znany z dobroczynności św. Julian z Le Mans. Miejsce, na którym kościół się znajduje, już w czasach Merowingów było znane jako miejsce noclegów dla licznych pielgrzymów.Przy budowie kościoła anonimowi architekci naśladowali zarówno wygląd Katedry Notre-Dame w Paryżu, jak i Kościoła Saint Pierre de Montmartre, jednak projekt okazał się zbyt ambitny wobec skąpych zasobów finansowych. Budowa, rozpoczęta w latach 60. XII w. i wspierana przez opactwo w Longpont, została przerwana w latach w drugiej dekadzie XIII w. Kolejne prace, finansowane tym razem przez uniwersytet paryski, trwały do 1250 r. Wybudowano jedną nawę oraz chór kościelny.W 1651 r. kościół, który dotąd stał pusty, został poważnie przebudowany. Rozebrano część nawy i dobudowano południowo-zachodnią fasadę, poddano skrzydło północne konserwacji. W czasie Wielkiej Rewolucji Francuskiej budynek, jak znajdujący się nadal w kiepskim stanie technicznym, został przeznaczony do rozbiórki. Plany te nie zostały jednak zrealizowane, a w pierwszej połowie XIX wieku Franz Christian Gau przeprowadził gruntowny remont obiektu.W 1889 r. władze III Republiki przekazały kościół społeczności melkickiej, co poprzedził kolejny gruntowny remont. W 1921 r. na terenie kościoła miał miejsce kontrowersyjny happening zorganizowany przez dadaistów, który spotkał się ze średnim zainteresowaniem.

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris,

Notre Damme París
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Church De Notre Dame France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

0142345610

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Local Business Near Saint-Louis-en-l'Île

Les Voutes
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
61 rue Desnouettes
Paris, France 75015

Cinéma L'Epée de Bois
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
100 rue mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

Le ramonage pas cher
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
paris 75
Paris, France 75000

0147991455

Invitez Vous Chez Nous
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
7, rue de l'épée de bois
Paris, France 75005

Le Hammam de la Mosquée de Paris, au salon de thé.
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire 39
Paris, France 75005

33143313820

몽쥬약국
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Monge
Paris, France 75005

Au Petit Bistrot
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
89 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

01 47 07 35 99

Galerie De L'Evolution - Jardin Des Plantes
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Musée National D'Histoire Naturelle - 36 rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire
Paris, France 75005

01 40 79 56 01

Sweet & Wash
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
83 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

Couturier Mogador
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2 rue l'épée de bois
Paris, France 75005

0143368258

Museum D'histoire Naturelle - Grande Galerie De L'evolution
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Musée National D'Histoire Naturelle - 36 rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire
Paris, France 75005

01 40 79 56 01

En Vadrouille
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
22 AVENUE DE LA République
Paris, France

Salon de Thé de la Grande Mosquée de Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Geoffroy Saint Hilaire
Paris, France 75005

01 43 31 38 20

Ipn
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France

Restaurant La Crete. Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
85 rue mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

0143313047

Grand Mosque of Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2 bis Place du Puits de l’Ermite
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 45 35 97 33

La Grande Mosquée de Paris est une mosquée française de style mauresque avec un minaret de. Elle est située 6, rue Georges-Desplas dans le quartier du Jardin-des-Plantes du 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. La mosquée, inaugurée le, a été fondée par Si Kaddour Benghabrit. Elle a une place symbolique importante pour la visibilité de l'islam et des musulmans en France. Elle est la plus vieille mosquée en France métropolitaine.HistoriqueLa genèse du projetL’histoire de la Mosquée de Paris est liée à la colonisation.Un premier projet de mosquée à Paris sont attestés.En 1846, la Société orientale propose un projet de construction. La réaction négative du ministère de la Justice et des Cultes, qui débat avec le Quai d’Orsay, enterre le projet pour dix ans.La première « mosquée » au Père-LachaiseLe cimetière abrita d’abord les sépultures des Ottomans morts en France. Peu utilisé, en 1883, il a été rétréci. Le bâtiment se délabra. En 1914, un projet architectural est proposé ; un édifice plus important avec un dôme et des caractéristiques « islamiques » affirmées. La Première Guerre mondiale empêcha la réalisation de ce projet.

Grand Mosque of Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2, place du Puits de l'Ermite
Paris, France 75005

The Grande Mosquée de Paris, is located in the 5th arrondissement and is one of the largest mosques in France.HistoryThe mosque was founded in 1926 as a token of gratitude, after World War I, to the Muslim tirailleurs from France's colonial empire, of whom some 100,000 died fighting against Germany. The mosque was built following the mudéjar style, and its minaret is 33 m high. It was inaugurated by President Gaston Doumergue on 15 July 1926. Ahmad al-Alawi (1869–1934) led the first communal prayer to inaugurate the newly built mosque in the presence of the French president. He was an Algerian Sufi, the founder of the modern Sufi order Darqawiyya Alawiyya.During World War II (when France and Paris were occupied by Nazi Germany), the rector Si Kaddour Benghabrit managed the mosque to serve as a secret refuge for Algerian and European Jews. He ensured they were provided shelter, safe passage, and fake Muslim birth certificates to protect them from German persecution.The mosque was assigned to Algeria in 1957 by the French Foreign Minister. The mosque is currently led by mufti Dalil Boubakeur.

Le Petit Léon
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
88/90 rue Mouffetard 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

Residence Concordia
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
41 rue Tournefort
Paris, France 75005

Tango De Buenos Aires
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
77 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005