EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France, Paris | Tourist Information



35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, France 75018


Catholic Church Near Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Notre-Dame de Paris 2013
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le 850e anniversaire de Notre-Dame de Paris s’ouvrira le 12 décembre 2012 et se poursuivra jusqu’au 24 novembre 2013. 850 ans d’Histoire, d’Art, de Spiritualité au cœur de la Cité qui seront célébrés au cours de cette année marquée par de nombreuses festivités, cérémonies et actions de grâces ainsi que par de grandes réalisations culturelles, dont certaines s’inscriront en droite ligne des bâtisseurs de cathédrales.

Eglise Saint-Eustache
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2, impasse Saint-Eustache
Paris, France 75001

01 42 36 31 05

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Eglise Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
3 place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Paris, France 75006

01 55 42 81 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 13 96

L'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est une église située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris. Elle fut également appelée église Saint-Germain-le-Rond. Depuis l'Ancien Régime, elle est connue comme la « paroisse des artistes ».Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Germain d'Auxerre.SituationL'église se trouve sur le côté sud-est de la place du Louvre, face à la colonnade du Louvre, à proximité de la mairie de arrondissement.Elle est desservie par les stations de métro Louvre - Rivoli et Pont Neuf.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseHaut-Moyen ÂgeL'existence de l'église est attestée au car c'est le lieu de sépulture de Saint Landri, évêque de Paris, mort vers 655 ou 656. L'Abbé Lebeuf croit qu'il en faut attribuer la première origine à une chapelle, la chapelle de Saint-Vincent, qui aurait été construite peu de temps après la mort de Saint Germain, évêque d'Auxerre.

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Place des Victoires
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place des Victoires
Paris, France 75001

The Place des Victoires is a circular place in Paris, located a short distance northeast from the Palais Royal and straddling the border between the 1st and the 2nd arrondissements. The Place des Victoires is at the confluence of six streets: Rue de la Feuillade, Rue Vide Gousset, Rue d'Aboukir, Rue Étienne Marcel, Rue Croix des Petits Champs, and Rue Catinat.HistoryAt the center of the Place des Victoires is an equestrian monument in honor of King Louis XIV, celebrating the Treaties of Nijmegen concluded in 1678-79. A marshal of France, François de la Feuillade, vicomte d'Aubusson, on his own speculative initiative, demolished the old private mansions on the site. Feuillade's project was soon taken over by the Bâtiments du Roi, a department attached to the king's household, and the royal architect, Jules Hardouin Mansart, was entrusted with redesigning a grander complex of buildings, still in the form of a ring of private houses, to accommodate a majestic statue of the triumphant king.Mansart's conceptionMansart's design, of 1685, articulated the square's unified façades according to a formula utilised in some Parisian hôtels particuliers, (palatial private homes). Mansart chose colossal pilasters linking two floors, standing on a high arcaded base with rustication of the pilasters; the façades were capped with sloping slate "mansard roofs", punctuated by dormer windows. However, because the building work was incomplete at the time of the unveiling of the monument, the envisioned façades were painted on canvas. By 1692, the Place des Victoires was pierced by six streets, and the circular plan functioned as a flexible joint to harmonize their various axes.

La Madeline Church
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

01 44 51 69 00

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le arrondissement de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Sainte-Clotilde, Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
23 bis Rue las Cases
Paris, France 75007

+44 1 44 18 62 60

La basilique Sainte-Clotilde-et-Sainte-Valère est une basilique de l'Église catholique romaine située 23 bis, rue Las Cases dans le arrondissement de Paris, l'une des cinq basiliques mineures de Paris, élevée au rang de basilique mineure par le pape Léon XIII en 1897.HistoireElle a été construite entre 1846 et 1857 par François-Christian Gau, puis par Théodore Ballu, l'architecte de la Trinité, après la mort du premier en 1853. L'église est dédiée à sainte Clotilde ainsi qu'à sainte Valérie (vierge et martyre de Limoges).En 1897, à l'occasion du quatorzième centenaire du baptême de Clovis (dont la deuxième femme fut sainte Clotilde), l'église a été élevée à la dignité de « basilique mineure » par le pape Léon XIII.

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

The Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois is situated at 2 Place du Louvre, Paris 75001; the nearest Métro station is Louvre-Rivoli. Alexandre Boëly was organist at this church from 1840 to 1851.HistoryFounded in the 7th century, the church was rebuilt many times over several centuries. It now has construction in Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The most striking exterior feature is the porch, with a rose window and a balustrade above which encircles the whole church, a work of Jean Gaussel (1435–39). Among the treasures preserved inside are a 15th-century wooden statue of Saint Germain, a stone carved statue of Saint-Vincent a stone sculpture of Isabelle of France (saint), a Flemish altarpiece carved out of wood, the famous "churchwarden's pew" where important people sat, made in 1683 by François, Le Mercier from drawings by Charles Le Brun.During the Wars of Religion, its bell called "Marie" sounded on the night of 23 August 1572, marking the beginning of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Thousands of Huguenots, who visited the city for a royal wedding, were killed by the mob of Paris. A splendid stained glass still remains, in spite of plunderings during the French Revolution. The north tower was added in 1860 and stands opposite the Mairie of the 1st Arrondissement (1859).

Church De Notre Dame France
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0142345610

Eglise Saint Roch
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
296 rue Saint-Honoré
Paris, France 75001

01 42 44 13 20

Madeleine (Paris Métro)
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

<>

Madeleine is a station on lines 8, 12 and 14 of the Paris Métro in central Paris and the 8th arrondissement.The station was opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The line 8 platforms opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of the line between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 14 platforms opened on 15 October 1998 as part of the original section of the line between Madeleine and Bibliothèque François Mitterrand. It was the north-western terminus of Line 14 until its extension to Saint-Lazare in 2003.It is named after the nearby Église de la Madeleine, which was dedicated to Sainte Madeleine in the 18th century. A small settlement had grown up in the district by the 6th century around a stronghold of the Bishop of Paris. It was known from an early date as la Ville-l’Évêque ("Town of the Bishop").

City Near Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France

Paris, France
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France Paris

PARIS
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel de ville
Paris, France 75004

3975

Musée Du Louvre, París
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue De La Grange Batelière
Paris, France

0778569073

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058

The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

<>

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Paris XII
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
130, avenue Daumesnil
Paris, France 75012

01 44 68 12 12

Tuileries Palace
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Right Bank
Paris, France 75001

The Tuileries Palace was a royal and imperial palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine. It was the usual Parisian residence of most French monarchs, from Henry IV to Napoleon III, until it was burned by the Paris Commune in 1871.Built in 1564, it was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard and displayed an immense façade of 266 metres. Since the destruction of the Tuileries, the Louvre courtyard has remained open and the site is now the location of the eastern end of the Tuileries Garden, forming an elevated terrace between the Place du Carrousel and the gardens proper.HistoryAfter the accidental death of Henry II of France in 1559, his widow Catherine de' Medici (1519–1589) planned a new palace. She sold the medieval Hôtel des Tournelles, where her husband had died, and began building the palace of Tuileries in 1564, using architect Philibert de l'Orme. The name derives from the tile kilns or tuileries which had previously occupied the site. The palace was formed by a range of long, narrow buildings. During the reign of Henry IV (1589–1610), the building was enlarged to the south, so it joined the long riverside gallery, the Grande Galerie, which ran all the way to the older Louvre Palace in the east.

Patrick Roger, MOF Chocolatier
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
108 boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75006

Ambassade d'Italie en France
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
51, rue de Varenne
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade d'Italie en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République italienne auprès de la République française. Elle est située dans l'hôtel de Boisgelin au 51 rue de Varenne à Paris. Son ambassadeur est, depuis le, Giandomenico Magliano.ConsulatsL’Italie possède des consulats généraux à Lille, Lyon, Metz, Nice, Paris, Toulouse et Marseille.Voir aussiArticles connexes Ministère des Affaires étrangères italien Ambassade de France en Italie Relations entre la France et l'ItalieLien externe ambparigi.esteri.it, site de l'ambassade d'Italie en France

Théâtre du Nord-Ouest
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
13 rue du faubourd Montmartre
Paris, France 75009

01 47 70 32 75

Le Metro Cafe Saint Germain Paris, France
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
60 Boulevard Saint-Germain 75005
Paris, France 75005

01 43 26 59 09

Le Lutétia
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
33 Quai Bourbon
Paris, France 75004

<>

The Pantheon Paris France
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

<>

Boulevard De Sant Germain De Près
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jacob
Paris, France

PΛRIS
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Champs Élysée 19
Paris, France 75007

<>

PΛRIS
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Champs Élysée 19
Paris, France 75007

<>

NYU Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
57 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75005

<>

Historical Place Near Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France

Musée du Louvre
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

0033 (0) 1 40 20 53 17

Le musée du Louvre est fermé tous les mardis, le 1er janvier, le 1er mai et le 25 décembre. Trente-cinq mille œuvres à voir et à revoir, une dizaine d’expositions, des ateliers, des visites, des conférences, des rencontres, des films, des lectures, de la musique, des spectacles… Une invitation à la découverte et à la connaissance pour tous les publics. Le Louvre et Vous : http://crm.e-deal.net/gerico/louvre_profile_edit.fl Gérez vos abonnements aux lettres électroniques du musée du Louvre et recevez de l'information en fonction de vos centres d'intérêt.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Place de la concorde
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
place de la concorde
Paris, France 75008

La place de la Concorde est une grande place située au pied de l'avenue des Champs-Élysées dans le 8e arrondissement à Paris, en France. Le nom aurait été choisi par le Directoire pour marquer la réconciliation des Français après les excès de la Terreur.

Opéra Garnier
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
6 place de l'Opéra
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0)1 71 25 24 23

In the summer the Opera is open till 5:30pm In the winter the Opera is open till 4:30pm

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

<>

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

Les Arts Décoratifs
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
107 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

01.44.55.57.50

Institution originale et plurielle, Les Arts Décoratifs entretiennent « en France la culture des arts qui poursuivent la réalisation du beau dans l’utile » et maintiennent des liens étroits avec le monde industriel, établissant de nombreux partenariats avec des entreprises exerçant leurs activités dans des domaines variés. Les différentes composantes des Arts Décoratifs sont réparties sur trois sites à Paris : - au 107 rue de Rivoli, les ailes de Rohan et de Marsan du palais du Louvre abritent le musée des Arts décoratifs possède une collection unique d'objets d'art de mode et de publicité, qui témoignent de l'art de vivre du Moyen Age jusqu'à nos jours - au 63 rue de Monceau, l’hôtel Camondo accueille le musée Nissim de Camondo - au 266 boulevard Raspail est installée en 1988 l’école Camondo (appellation née d’une implantation antérieure dans les communs de l’hôtel Camondo), spécialisée dans le design et l’architecture intérieure. Les Ateliers du Carrousel, ateliers de pratique artistique, sont présents sur ces trois sites.

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 37100

0644783382

Palais Brongniart
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bourse
Paris, France 75002

0183922020

Pas un jour sans qu'il ne se passe quelque chose au Palais Brongniart. Et c'est normal ! Avec plus de 500 manifestations accueillies chaque année, le Palais Brongniart vit au rythme de l'actualité internationale, nationale ou parisienne. Des conférences de presse aux congrès médicaux en passant par des salons internationaux, les conventions d'entreprises ou les présentations de nouveaux produits, l'innovation est souvent au coeur des thématiques abordées. Avec le blog et le facebook, vous découvrirez que le Palais Brongniart est un lieu incroyable de vitalité et d'énergie animé avec passion par une équipe d'experts de la communication événementielle. Choisir le Palais Brongniart, c'est choisir bien plus qu'un centre de congrès et d'événements. A très bientôt. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Toutes les photos mises en ligne par le Palais Brongniart ne peuvent être utilisées sauf sur demande par email à cette adresse : [email protected]

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Opéra
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, France 75008

0664265620

Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

The Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Local business Near Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France

The Kooples
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
38, place du Marché Saint-Honoré
Paris, France 75001

Rue du Mont Thabor
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue du Mont Thabor
Paris, France 75001

Place du Carrousel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Hagen Dasz Champs Elyzees
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France

Musee De Lourve
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Dans le ciel, Au paradis
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue de rivoli
Paris, France

Le Cafe' Marly At Palais Du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
93 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

<>

Carrousel Des Metiers D Art Et De La Creation
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
99 rue de rivoli
Paris, France

Louvre Rivoli
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue De Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Printemps du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Starbucks France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Musee de Louvre
Paris, France 75001

0142600782

Louve
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75001

Apple Store - Carrousel du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

+33 1 43 16 78 00

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Benlux
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
174 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

01 47 03 66 66

BENLUX welcomes you 7 days a week in front of Le Musée du Louvre where a team of 17 nationalities speakers will help you to find what you need for your shopping experience in Paris, capital of fashion and beauty. The most famous brands are here and you will find what you need and discover new products. We welcome you 7 days/week ! BENLUX est le grand magasin parisien où vous trouverez tous les parfums, cosmétiques, maroquinerie, horlogerie, joaillerie, bijouterie, bagages des plus grandes marques. Ouvert 7J/7, une équipe accueillante constituée d'experts en soins et parfums saura vous conseiller et vous présenter les produits qui vous conviennent.

Yellow Korner Photography - Art
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 Rue de Buci
Paris, France 75004

0144611936

Louver Museum
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai d´Orsay 75001 Paris, France
Paris, France 75001

+33 1 49 95 65 65

Thé Mariage Frères
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
99, rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

+33(0)1 40 20 18 54

Musee De Louvere
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue Greneta
Paris, France 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

3D Printshow
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Carrousel du L'ouvres
Paris, France