EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street, London | Tourist Information


114 Mount Street
London, United Kingdom W1K 3

02074937811

The Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street, also known as Farm Street Church, is a Roman Catholic parish church run by the Society of Jesus in Mayfair, central London. Its main entrance is in Farm Street, though it can also be accessed from the adjacent Mount Street Gardens. Sir Simon Jenkins, in his book England's Thousand Best Churches, describes the church as "Gothic Revival at its most sumptuous".

Catholic Church Near Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street

St James the Less, Pimlico
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
St James the Less, Thorndike Street, Off Moreton Street
London, SW1V 2PS

Catholic Bishops' Conference (England and Wales)
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
39 Eccleston Square
London, SW1V 1BX

020 7630 8220

The Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales (Cynhadledd Esgobion Catholig Cymru a Lloegr) is a permanent assembly of Catholic Bishops in the two countries. Through it the Bishops proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of England and Wales and beyond.

Saint Mary's Church Cadogan Street
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Cadogan Street, Chelsea
London,

Westminster Cathedral
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
42 Francis Street
London, SW1P 1QW

Westminster Cathedral, or The Metropolitan Cathedral of the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, in London is the mother church of the Catholic Church in England and Wales.The site on which the cathedral stands in the City of Westminster was purchased by the Archdiocese of Westminster in 1885. Westminster Cathedral is the largest Catholic church in England and Wales and the seat of the Archbishop of Westminster.John Betjeman called it "a masterpiece in striped brick and stone in an intricate pattern of bonding, the domes being all-brick in order to prove that the good craftsman has no need of steel or concrete."HistoryIn the late 19th century, the Catholic Church's hierarchy had only recently been restored in England and Wales, and it was in memory of Cardinal Wiseman (who died in 1865, and was the first Archbishop of Westminster from 1850) that the first substantial sum of money was raised for the new cathedral. The land was acquired in 1884 by Wiseman's successor, Cardinal Manning, having previously been occupied by the second Tothill Fields Bridewell prison.After two false starts in 1867 (under architect Henry Clutton) and 1892 (architect Baron von Herstel), construction started in 1895 under Manning's successor, the third archbishop Cardinal Vaughan with John Francis Bentley as architect, and built in a style heavily influenced by Byzantine architecture.

Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Ambrosden Avenue, Westminster, London SW1P 1QJ, England, Great Britain
London, SW1P 1

020 7798 9033

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Westminster is an archdiocese of the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church in England, historically however it has always been styled the Diocese of Westminster. The archdiocese consists of all of London north of the River Thames and west of the River Lea, together with the borough of Spelthorne and the county of Hertfordshire, which lies immediately to London's north.The diocese is led by the Archbishop of Westminster, who serves as pastor of the mother church, Westminster Cathedral, as well as the metropolitan bishop of the Metropolitan Province of Westminster. Since the re-establishment of the English Catholic dioceses in 1850 each Archbishop of Westminster, including the incumbent, Archbishop Vincent Gerard Nichols, has been created a cardinal by the Pope in consistory, often as the only cardinal in England. It is also customary for the Archbishop of Westminster to be elected President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales providing a degree of a formal direction for the other English bishops and archbishops. However he is not formally a primate, though has special privileges conferred by the Papal Bull Si qua es. The diocese is one of the smallest dioceses in England and Wales in geographical area, but the largest in terms of Catholic population and priests. It is legally established as a diocese, though canonically an archdiocese.

Westminster Cathedral Roman Catholic Church
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
42 Francis St, London
London, SW1P 1

The Church of The Immaculate Conception, Farm Street, Mayfair, London
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
14 Farm Street
London, W1K 3AH

The Church of The Immaculate Conception, 14 Farm Street, Mayfair, London W1K 3AH, The First Church in The Archdiocese of Westminster consecrated to The Immaculate Conception, The First Church in The Archdiocese of Westminster of The Society of Jesus http://www.jesuit.org.uk http://www.facebook.com/jesuitsinbritain http://www.facebook.com/pages/Society-of-Jesus-the-Jesuits/136742615242 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gesuiti-Provincia-dItalia/190270457651133 The Church of The Immaculate Conception, 14 Farm Street, Mayfair, London W1K 3AH, Less than 400 meters to the East of the intersection of Park Lane and of South Street http://parish.rcdow.org.uk/farmstreet http://www.farmstreet.org.uk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtgRMSIHBLw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaoCc-MHr7U "O Maria, Sine Labe Concepta, ora pro nobis qui confugimus ad Te." "O Mary, Conceived Without Sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee." The Society of Jesus, The British Province http://www.jesuit.org.uk http://www.facebook.com/jesuitsinbritain The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster, Archidioecesis Vestmonasteriensis http://rcdow.org.uk http://www.youtube.com/rcdownews http://www.facebook.com/westminster.diocese The Metropolitan Cathedral of The Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, The Seat of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster and The Mother Church of England and of Wales http://www.westminstercathedral.org.uk http://www.facebook.com/westminstercath "Domine Iesu, Rex et Redemptor, per Sanguinem Tuum, salva nos." "Lord Jesus, King and Redeemer, through Thy Most Precious Blood, save us." ____________ In Honorem, The Reverend Father Wilbert Mireh, Societas Iesu, The 1st Priest of The Society of Jesus in Myanmar, Ordained to The Presbyterate on May 1, 2013, The Reverend Father Titus Tin Maung, Societas Iesu, The 2nd Priest of The Society of Jesus in Myanmar, Ordained to The Presbyterate on April 28, 2014, The Reverend Father Joseph Aik Maung, Societas Iesu, The 3rd Priest of The Society of Jesus in Myanmar, Ordained to The Presbyterate on May 4, 2014, The Society of Jesus, The Roman Catholic Metropolitan Archdiocese of Yangon, Archidioecesis Yangonensis http://www.yangonarchdiocese.org/society-of-jesus-sj http://www.facebook.com/YangonArchdiocese The Society of Jesus, The Asia Pacific Conference http://sjapc.net http://www.facebook.com/JesuitConferenceAsiaPacific In Honorem, María Eduarda Serrano Genuino http://plus.google.com/103561462057904703841 http://www.facebook.com/LaMadonnadelMiracoloColonnaRoma http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151158930861587.439151.729951586 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151350292582766 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150739450027025 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151334587466587 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151334598836587 In Honorem, The Reverend Father Guillrey Anthony Mallari Andal, Societas Iesu, The Jesuit Communications Foundation http://www.jescom.ph/ http://www.dailymotion.com/jescomprod http://www.youtube.com/jesuitcomm http://www.facebook.com/jescomph The Reverend Father Antonio Martín Basilio, Societas Iesu, The Reverend Father Erik John Jumalon Gerilla, Societas Iesu, The Reverend Father Joseph Emmanuel Almazan Liwanag, Societas Iesu, The Reverend Father Jordan Jubas Orbe, Societas Iesu, The Reverend Father Rubén Bullecer Orbeta, Societas Iesu, The Reverend Father Neupito Japus Saicon, Societas Iesu, The Reverend Brother Edmundo Adolfo de León Fernández, Institutum Fratrum Scholarum Christianarum, The Brother Visitor, The Lasallian East Asia District http://www.facebook.com/LasallianEastAsiaDistrict China and Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam In Honorem, Monica Panlilio Papa-Eugenio, Paolo Miguel Papa Eugenio, Franco Alejandro Papa Eugenio, María Isabel del Prado Buenaventura-Tambunting, * Ángela Verónica del Prado Cruz-Vogl, Signora Stephan Helmut Vogl, * * Felix Krisztián Cruz Vogl * * http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151160989926587 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151160876351587.439425.729951586 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.644022832286868.1073741825.130198763669280 * Ordo Equestris Sancti Sepulcri Hierosolymitani http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/institutions_connected/oessh http://www.vicariatusurbis.org/?page_id=188&ID=3108 http://www.santosepolcro.custodia.org http://www.santosepulcro.custodia.org http://www.saintsepulcre.custodia.org http://www.holysepulchre.custodia.org * * Ordo Militaris et Hospitalis Sancti Ioannis Hierosolymitani de Rhodo et Malta http://www.orderofmalta.int http://www.facebook.com/OrdineDiMalta http://www.facebook.com/OrdenDeMalta http://www.facebook.com/OrdreDeMalte http://www.facebook.com/DerMalteserorden http://www.facebook.com/OrderofMalta http://www.facebook.com/Orderofmaltaunog http://www.facebook.com/malteserinternational http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151576020381587 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151576026116587 ____________

Farm Street Church
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
114 Mount Street
London, W1K 3AH

02074937811

Farm Street, the Jesuit church in the Mayfair district of London, has a special place in the hearts of many people, Catholics and non-Catholics alike. For over a hundred and fifty years it has served a community drawn to this church by its reputation for spiritual and intellectual vigour. Many have regularly travelled some distance to worship in this church and to seek the help and advice of the succeeding generations of priests who have served here. Since 1966 the church has been at the heart of a parish in the centre of Mayfair. The Jesuit community here has always consisted of Priests and Brothers attached specifically to the church, working in other apostolates or in retirement. The Parish is more than a geographic one, attracting its congregation not only from all over London and its surrounds but visitors from all over the world.

Our Lady of the Assumption & Saint Gregory, Warwick Street
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Warwick Street
London, W1F 9JR

020 7284 0033

Notre Dame de France
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
5 Leicester Place
London, WC2H 7BX

02074379363

Notre Dame de France is the Roman Catholic Francophone Chaplaincy in London run by the Marist Fathers.

Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral of the Holy Family in Exile
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
21-22, Binney Street Mayfair, London W1K 5BQ
London, W1K 5

020 7629 1073

The Cathedral of the Holy Family in Exile is the cathedral of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Eparchy of Holy Family of London. Though independent from the authority of the Latin Rite hierarchy in England and Wales, and instead under the jurisdiction of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchial bishop, territorially, the cathedral is considered to be part of the Marylebone deanery of the Latin Rite Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster.It is the named after the Holy Family, during their flight into Egypt. It is located at Duke Street, Mayfair, London, England. It is open for worship daily. It was closed temporarily in 2007 when part of the ceiling collapsed, but has since been refurbished. The iconostasis created by a Ukrainian monk, Juvenalij Mokrytsky, was not affected by the ceiling's collapse.The building it occupies was designed by Alfred Waterhouse in 1891 for occupation by the Congregational King's Weigh House. They sold it to the Ukrainian Catholics in 1967.

St Patrick's, Soho
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
21A Soho Square
London, W1D 4HN

02074372010

St. Patrick’s was built with the love and the pennies of the poor. The poor, both spiritually and materially, are very much part of this community and the parish in its two hundred and twenty years of history, continues to serve them as best it can. It does so in an area where the prosperous, rich and fashionable share the streets with the desperate and disenfranchised, just as they did when the first Mass was celebrated here back in 1792.

St James Roman Catholic Church
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Spanish Place, 22 George Street
London, W1U 3QY

020 7935 0943

St. James's, Spanish Place
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
22 George Street
London, W1U 3QY

020 7935 0943

The visitor to St James's Church is often puzzled to know why a church which stands in George Street, W1, should have derived a kind of secondary title from a street called Spanish Place which can be found opposite the Presbytery door. The explanation is that St James's, Spanish Place, like so many of the older parishes in the Westminster diocese, can trace its origin to the penal times and to the benefactions of a friendly Catholic embassy. And this is perhaps the reason why, despite the magnificence of the church, there is within an atmosphere that breathes our Catholic past. In the reign of Elizabeth I the Bishops of Ely let their palace and chapel in Ely Place to the Spanish Ambassador, and until the reign of Charles I it was occupied by the representative of the Court of Spain. During this period the chapel was freely used by English Catholics and became a place of sanctuary for them. After the restoration of Charles II the Spanish Embassy was re-established in London, first on Ormond Street and then at Hartford house, Manchester Square, where the Wallace Collection is now housed. Here, in 1791, shortly after the first repeal of some of the laws affecting Catholic worship, a chapel was built on the corner of Spanish Place and Charles Street (now George Street), largely through the efforts of Doctor Thomas Hussey who had been a chaplain at the Embassy since his ordination in 1769. Most of the objects of piety in the present church are legacies from this older building which was famous enough in its day to be mentioned by Thackeray in Vanity Fair as the church attended by the Marchioness of Steyne. Dr Hussey, to whom this mission owes so much and who was for so long associated with it, later became Bishop of Waterford and Lismore. Deep religious impressions and a desire for solitude had led him, soon after ordination, to the renowned Abbey La Trappe with the desire to take the habit of that order. This determination would certainly have been carried out had it not been for the influence of lijs confessor who, feeling that the talents of Dr Hussey would in that case be lost to the Church, wrote to Rome for a mandate restraining his penitent from carrying out his intention of taking monastic vows. It was in obedience, then, to the Holy See that Dr Hussey returned to the active scene and he now ranks as the founder of Spanish Place. In the year 1827 the official Spanish connection with the chapel ceased and it was handed over to the London Vicariate. However, there is much in the present church to remind us of our Spanish heritage including Alfonso XIII's personal standard which is in a frame over the sacristy door, and the parishioners of Spanish Place have never forgotten their debt to Spain for having established and maintained the mission in the dark days. An unofficial connection with the Embassy of Spain has continued and is still cherished by the Church of St James today. A recurring anxiety from 1827 was the fact that the chapel was on leasehold property and the lease was not renewable. Funds were raised with a view to purchasing a site and building a new church, but as the neighbourhood was almost entirely divided up into large estates, it seemed impossible to find a site anywhere near the old chapel. One tradition has it, however, that the Rector towards the end of the lease, Canon William Barry, had a great devotion to the Holy Souls and he promised a hundred Masses for their repose in petition for a site. Soon after he had redeemed his promise the site of the present church, immediately opposite the old chapel, came up for sale at £30,000, the exact sum which Barry and his predecessors had collected towards a new church. The site was purchased and the design for a new church was made an open competition. Edward Goldie, great grandson of the architect of the old chapel, Signor Joseph Bonomi, won the competition and the present edifice, partially completed, was opened on Michaelmas Day, 1890. The Church was consecrated on 28th Juneil, 1949, by His Lordship Bishop Craven: a rare privilege for at that time he was parish priest and rector, and thus consecrated his own church. The consecration had been planned on two previous occasions but had had to be postponed - in 1935 because of the death of Cardinal Bourne, and in 1940 because of the second World War. Most of the archives of the old Spanish Chapel have gone to Spain, but there are preserved in the Church both Baptismal and Marriage Registers dating back to 1732.

St James's, Spanish Place
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
22 George Street
London, W1U 3

020 7935 0943

St James's Church, Spanish Place, is a large English Gothic Roman Catholic church in Marylebone, London. Although currently situated in George Street, the church maintains its connection with Spanish Place, the road opposite the current church, because of its historic connection with the Spanish Embassy.SiteThe church is located in George Street, Marylebone, behind the Wallace Collection and close to Marylebone High Street.HistoryIn the reign of Elizabeth I the Bishops of Ely let their palace and chapel in Ely Place to the Spanish Ambassador and, until the reign of Charles I, it was occupied by the High Representative of the Court of Spain. During this period the chapel was freely used by English Roman Catholics and became a sanctuary to some degree for them.After the restoration of Charles II the Spanish Embassy was re-established in London, first on Ormond Street and then at Hertford House, Manchester Square, where the Wallace Collection is now housed. Here, in 1791, shortly after the Roman Catholic Relief Act 1791 repealed some of the laws affecting Catholic worship, a chapel was built on the corner of Spanish Place and Charles Street (now George Street), largely through the efforts of Doctor Thomas Hussey who had been a chaplain at the embassy since his ordination in 1769. Most of the objects of piety in the present church are legacies from this older building. In 1827 the official Spanish connection with the chapel ceased and it was handed over to the London Vicariate.

Church Of Our Lady Of The Rosary Marylebone
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
211 Old Marylebone Road
London, NW1 5

20-77235101

Our Lady of The Rosary Catholic Church.
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
211 Old Marylebone Road
London,

St Charles Borromeo
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
8 Ogle Street
London, W1W 6HS

020 7636 2883

St Marylebone Parish Church
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Marylebone Road
London, NW1 5LT

St Marylebone Parish Church is an Anglican church on the Marylebone Road in London. It was built to the designs of Thomas Hardwick in 1813–17. The present site is the third used by the parish for its church. The first was further south, near Oxford Street. The church there was demolished in 1400 and a new one erected further north. This was completely rebuilt in 1740–42, and converted into a chapel-of-ease when Hardwick's church was constructed. The Marylebone area takes its name from the church. Located behind the church is St Marylebone School, a Church of England school for girls.Previous churchesFirst churchThe first church for the parish was built in the vicinity of the present Marble Arch c.1200, and dedicated to St John the Evangelist.Second churchIn 1400 the Bishop of London gave the parishioners permission to demolish the church of St John and build a new one in a more convenient position, near a recently completed chapel, which could be used until the new church was completed. The bishop stipulated that the old churchyard should be preserved, but also gave permission to enclose a new burial ground at the new site, The church was dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It was closer to the village, at the north end of Marylebone High Street. Having fallen into a state of decay, it was demolished in 1740.

St. Marylebone Parish Church
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
17 Marylebone Rd
London, NW1 5LT

+44 (0) 20 7935 7315

St Marylebone Parish Church is a place of active and engaged Christian witness, set at the very heart of central London. With a history stretching back nearly 900 years, we seek to offer God worship that has long been renowned for musical and liturgical excellence and to serve the diverse community in which we are set. For more than 30 years, St Marylebone, just a few metres from Harley Street, has pioneered the work of Christian healing and, as well as being home to the internationally respected St Marylebone Healing and Counselling Centre, which offers low-cost analytical psychotherapy and spiritual direction, the Crypt at St Marylebone also houses an innovative NHS doctor’s surgery - the Marylebone Health Centre. Our work is enhanced by maintaining close and active links with some of medicine’s Royal Colleges and through our provision of chaplaincy to The London Clinic and King Edward VII’s Hospital. St Marylebone has a flourishing Young Church which complements our two schools: The St Marylebone Church of England School, an Outstanding Academy, National Teaching School and Maths Hub, and The St Marylebone Church of England Bridge School, a Free Special School working with secondary school age students who have speech, language and communication difficulties. Alongside our two schools St Marylebone works closely with the Royal Academy of Music and the University of Westminster, providing chaplaincy services to both, and also with Regent’s University. As a parish church in the Diocese of London, we share a vision of a Church for this great world city that is Christ-centred and outward looking. By God’s grace we seek to be more confident in speaking and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, more compassionate in serving others with the love of God the Father and more creative in reaching new people and places in the power of the Spirit.

St Pancras New Church
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
183-193 Euston Rd
London, W11

0843 487 3942

St Pancras Church is a Greek Revival church in St Pancras, London, built in 1819–22 to the designs of William and Henry William Inwood. It was historically often referred to as St Pancras New Church, in order to distinguish it from St Pancras Old Church, which stands some way to the north.LocationThe church is on the northern boundary of Bloomsbury, on the south side of Euston Road, at the corner of Upper Woburn Place, in the borough of Camden. When it was built its west front faced into the south-east corner of Euston Square, which had been laid out on either side of what was then simply known as the "New Road". It was intended as a new principal church for the parish of St Pancras, which once stretched almost from Oxford Street to Highgate. The original parish church was small ancient building to the north of New Road. This had become neglected following a shift in population to the north, and by the early 19th century services were only held there once a month, worship at other times taking place in a chapel in Kentish Town. With the northwards expansion of London into the area, the population in southern part of the parish grew once more, and a new church was felt necessary. Following the opening of the New Church, the Old Church became a chapel of ease, although it was later given its own separate parish. During the 19th century many further churches were built to serve the burgeoning population of the original parish of St Pancras, and by 1890 it had been divided into 33 ecclesiastical parishes.

Landmark Near Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street

Embassy of Albania, London
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
33 St George's Drive
London, United Kingdom SW1V 4DG

020 7828 8897

The Embassy of Albania in London is the diplomatic mission of Albania in the United Kingdom.A protest was held outside the embassy in 2013 following the proposal to destroy the chemical weapons of Syria in Albania.

English Channel
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Channel View
Newhaven, United Kingdom BN9 9DS

+44 (0) 2945222444

A fun packed open all hours adventure for all ages, unlimited dampness and salt with more seagulls than you can shake a shitty stick at, bring a shotgun and take one home.

Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Ambrosden Avenue, Westminster, London SW1P 1QJ, England, Great Britain
London, United Kingdom SW1P 1

020 7798 9033

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Westminster is an archdiocese of the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church in England, historically however it has always been styled the Diocese of Westminster. The archdiocese consists of all of London north of the River Thames and west of the River Lea, together with the borough of Spelthorne and the county of Hertfordshire, which lies immediately to London's north.The diocese is led by the Archbishop of Westminster, who serves as pastor of the mother church, Westminster Cathedral, as well as the metropolitan bishop of the Metropolitan Province of Westminster. Since the re-establishment of the English Catholic dioceses in 1850 each Archbishop of Westminster, including the incumbent, Archbishop Vincent Gerard Nichols, has been created a cardinal by the Pope in consistory, often as the only cardinal in England. It is also customary for the Archbishop of Westminster to be elected President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales providing a degree of a formal direction for the other English bishops and archbishops. However he is not formally a primate, though has special privileges conferred by the Papal Bull Si qua es. The diocese is one of the smallest dioceses in England and Wales in geographical area, but the largest in terms of Catholic population and priests. It is legally established as a diocese, though canonically an archdiocese.

Embassy of Hungary, London
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
46 Eaton Pl
London, United Kingdom

020 7325 5218

The Embassy of Hungary in London is the diplomatic mission of Hungary in the United Kingdom. Opposite the embassy itself can be found the Hungarian Economic, Investment & Trade Commission and the Hungarian National Tourist Office at 46 Eaton Place. A Hungarian Cultural Centre is also maintained at 10 Maiden Lane in Covent Garden.

Portland House
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Bressenden Pl
London, United Kingdom SW1E 5DS

Portland House is a skyscraper in Westminster, London. It is 101m tall with 29 floors and was completed in 1963.The building has two banks of lifts — the first serving the first up to the fifteenth floor, and the second the fifteenth floor upwards.Firms that currently use Portland House for office space include American Express, Crossrail, Caxton FX, HomeAway UK, Owners Direct, Increase the Wedge, NetBooster, Somo Global, TradeDoubler, uSwitch, Upmystreet.com, Reef Television, Rentokil Initial, AkzoNobel and Regus. Regus provides serviced offices to a number of companies. The building once contained the head offices of British United Airways.The building is a five-minute walk from London Victoria station (mainline and tube) and a ten-minute walk from Victoria Coach Station. Difficult to find entrance but off Victoria Street, Cathedral Walk goes to main entrance. The surrounding area has been redeveloped between 2003 and 2005 with a new shopping and refreshments area called Cardinal Place. The building also has a gym in the basement.

High Commission of Lesotho, London
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
7 Chesham Pl
London, United Kingdom SW1X 8

020 7235 5686

The High Commission of Lesotho in London is the diplomatic mission of Lesotho in the United Kingdom.

Embassy of Austria, London
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
18 Belgrave Mews West
London, United Kingdom SW1X 8HU

The Embassy of Austria in London is the diplomatic mission of Austria in the United Kingdom. Austria also maintain a Commercial Section at 45 Prince’s Gate, South Kensington and a Cultural Section at 28 Rutland Gate, South Kensington.HistoryThe Austrian Habsburg Monarchy had a permanent delegation in London from 1677 onwards, it was upgraded to the embassy of the Austrian Empire in 1860. The residence was in Chandos House in Marylebone, before it moved to Belgravia in 1866, thus making this the only building used by the Austro-Hungarian Foreign Service that is still used today the Austrian government.Following the rupture of diplomatic relations between Austria-Hungary and Britain after the outbreak of the First World War the embassy was looked after first by the government of America and then that of Sweden. Following the end of that conflict the embassy was given to the government of the new state of Austria, though a dispute over ownership of the embassy with Hungary was not resolved until 1934. Following the unification of Austria with Nazi Germany in 1938 the building was used as a German consulate, and was then looked after by the Swiss government following the outbreak of the Second World War. After a brief period of use by the Ministry of Works Austria resumed occupation of the embassy in 1949 where it remains to this day.

St Ermin's Hotel
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
2 Caxton Street,
London, United Kingdom SW1H 0

(20) 7222 6914

St. Ermin's Hotel is a four-star central London hotel adjacent to St James's Park underground station, close to Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament. The Grade II-listed late Victorian building, built as one of the early mansion blocks in the city is thought to be named after an ancient monastery reputed to have occupied the site pre-10th century. Converted to a hotel in 1896–99, it became during the 1930s, through the Second World War and beyond, a meeting place of the British intelligence services, notably the birthplace of the Special Operations Executive (SOE), and where notorious Cambridge Five double agents Philby and MacLean met their Russian handlers.BackgroundThe St Ermin's Hotel in St James's Park, London was originally a horse-shoe shaped mansion block built in 1887–89 to the designs of E. T. Hall (1851–1923). Mansion blocks (high-status, serviced apartments) were first seen in Victoria Street, London in the 1850s and remain a feature of the area today. St Ermin's Mansions was typical in both plan and elevation; Hall employed the fashionable red-brick Queen Anne style for the exterior and grouped the apartments around a courtyard which functioned both as a carriageway and garden for the residents. Four entrances led off the courtyard into the apartments (the two entrances in the side wings still exist in their original form to this day). By 1894 the building appears to have been extended along Broadway as far as St Ermin's Hill.

55 Broadway
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
55 Broadway
London, United Kingdom SW1H 0BD

0843 222 1234

55 Broadway is a Grade I listed building overlooking St. James's Park in London. It was designed by Charles Holden and built between 1927 and 1929; in 1931 the building earned him the RIBA London Architecture Medal.It was constructed as a new headquarters for the Underground Electric Railways Company of London (UERL), the main forerunner of London Underground. Upon completion, it was the tallest office block in the city.London Underground was due to vacate the building in 2015 for new headquarters, and 55 Broadway will be converted for residential use.DescriptionFaced with Portland stone and covering a site with an irregular footprint, the upper office floors of the building are on a cruciform plan, stepping back towards the central clock tower at the top. The cruciform design afforded the optimum level of natural light to the offices. The ground floor now contains a shopping arcade and many art deco details. Previously the ground floor was also given over to London Transport offices, including a travel information centre, cash office and a library. The whole building straddles St. James's Park tube station, the east and west wings being immediately above the railway tunnel. When finished it was the tallest steel-framed office building in London, until another Holden building, the University of London's Senate House (based on similar designs and materials), took the accolade.

High Commission of Pakistan, London
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
34-36 Lowndes Square
London, United Kingdom SW1X 9JN

+44 (0)20 7664 9200

The High Commission of Pakistan in London is the diplomatic mission of Pakistan in the United Kingdom.In September 2015, DAWN (newspaper) reported Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif constituted a four-member committee to explore the possibility of selling the High Commission building.

Demi Kenny Huggett
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
17 Sloane St, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU
London, United Kingdom SW1X 9NU

+44 20 7422 8400

Buckingham Palace
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
The Mall
London, United Kingdom SW1A 1AA

Buckingham Palace est la résidence officielle de la monarchie britannique à Londres. Le palais est à la fois le lieu où se produisent les événements en relation avec la famille royale, le point de chute de beaucoup de chefs d’État en visite, et une attraction touristique importante. C’est le point de convergence du peuple britannique lors des moments de joie, de crise et de peine. « Buckingham Palace », ou tout simplement « le Palais », désigne la source des déclarations de presse émanant des bureaux royaux. Buckingham Palace a été construit par John Sheffield à l'origine du duc de Buckingham en 1703, c'est le lieu de résidence de la monarchie britannique. Buckingham Palace a été reconstruit au cours des siècles par John Nash pour George IV.Au Moyen Âge, le site du palais de Buckingham formait une partie du manoir d’Ebury. Il y eut plusieurs occupants royaux depuis Édouard le Confesseur, et a été l’objet de nombreuses spéculations à propos de son propriétaire : une faille dans le bail de Charles d’Angleterre permit au terrain de revenir dans le giron royal au. Les précurseurs de Buckingham Palace sont Blake House, Goring House et Arlington House.D’abord connu sous le nom de Buckingham House, le bâtiment formant le cœur du palais d’aujourd’hui était auparavant un grand hôtel particulier construit en 1703 par le duc de Buckingham John Sheffield et acquis par le roi George III en 1762 pour en faire sa résidence privée. Il a été agrandi au cours des 75 années suivantes, principalement par les architectes John Nash et Edward Blore, qui ajoutèrent trois ailes autour d’une cour carrée. Buckingham Palace devint finalement la résidence officielle de la monarchie britannique lors de l’accession au trône de la reine Victoria en 1837. Les derniers ajouts structurels d’importance datent de la fin du et du début du : l’imposante aile est qui fait face au Mall a été ajoutée, et l’ancienne entrée officielle, Marble Arch, a été déplacée près du Speaker’s Corner à Hyde Park, où elle se trouve toujours. La façade côté est a été refaite en 1913 avec des blocs de calcaire de Portland, en arrière plan du Victoria Memorial, créant la « façade publique » de Buckingham, avec le fameux balcon en son centre.

Embassy of France, London
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
58 Knightsbridge
London, United Kingdom SW1X 7JT

07751591500

The Embassy of France in London is the diplomatic mission of France to the United Kingdom. Located just off Knightsbridge at Albert Gate, one of the entrances to Hyde Park, it is situated immediately opposite the Embassy of Kuwait.This building, along with the rest of Albert Gate and neighbouring buildings, were designed by the British architect Thomas Cubitt; his son, George Cubitt, who was created Baron Ashcombe in 1892, is Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's great-great-grandfather.At the time of these buildings' construction in the 1840s, they were by far the tallest structures in the neighbourhood.The Republic of France also owns various premises along the Cromwell Road, South Kensington which house its Consular, Cultural, Science & Technology and Visa sections. It is also has a Trade Mission at 28-29 Haymarket and a Paymaster & Financial Comptroller Section at 30 Queen’s Gate Terrace, South Kensington.

Wellington Arch
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Constitution Hill
London, United Kingdom W1J 7JZ

0207 9302726

Set in the heart of Royal London at Hyde Park Corner, Wellington Arch is a landmark for Londoners and visitors alike and a great addition to a memorable day out in London. The balconies also offer unique views across London and of the Household Cavalry, passing beneath on their way to and from the Changing of the Guard at Horse Guards Parade every morning. It was originally commissioned as a grand outer entrance to Buckingham Palace and moved to its present site in 1882.

St James's Palace
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pall Mall
London, United Kingdom SW1A 1

+44 20 7930 4832

St James's Palace is the official residence of the sovereign and the most senior royal palace in the United Kingdom. Located in the City of Westminster, although no longer the principal residence of the monarch, it is the ceremonial meeting place of the Accession Council and the London residence of several members of the royal family.Built by Henry VIII on the site of a leper hospital dedicated to Saint James the Less, the palace was secondary in importance to the Palace of Whitehall for most Tudor and Stuart monarchs. The palace increased in importance during the reigns of the early Georgian monarchy, but was displaced by Buckingham Palace in the late-18th and early-19th centuries. After decades of being used increasingly for only formal occasions, the move was formalised by Queen Victoria in 1837. Today the palace houses a number of official offices, societies and collections and all ambassadors and high commissioners to the United Kingdom are still accredited to the Court of St James's.Mainly built between 1531 and 1536 in red-brick, the palace's architecture is primarily Tudor in style. A fire in 1809 destroyed parts of the structure, including the monarch's private apartments, which were never replaced. Some 17th-century interiors survive, but most were remodelled in the 19th century.

Bridgewater House, Westminster
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
14 Cleveland Row
London, United Kingdom SW1A 1

Bridgewater House is a townhouse located at 14 Cleveland Row in the St James's area of London, England. It is a Grade I listed building.HistoryThe earliest known house on the site was Berkshire House, built in about 1626-27 for Thomas Howard, second son of the Earl of Suffolk and Master of the Horse to Charles I of England when he was Prince of Wales. Howard was later created Earl of Berkshire.After being occupied by Parliamentarian troops in the English Civil War, used for the Portuguese Embassy, and lived in by Edward Hyde, 1st Earl of Clarendon, the house was lived in by Charles II's mistress Barbara Villiers, who was made Duchess of Cleveland in 1670, following which the house was known as Cleveland House. She refaced the old house and added new wings. After being owned for some years by a speculator, the house was sold in 1700 to John Egerton, 3rd Earl of Bridgewater, after which it passed by inheritance until 1948.Cleveland House was re-designed in the Palazzo style by Sir Charles Barry in 1840. The rebuilding was completed and renamed in 1854 for Lord Ellesmere, heir of the 3rd Duke of Bridgewater. It is built in Bath stone with a slate roof in three storeys with a basement.

Queen's Chapel
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Savoy Hill
London, United Kingdom

+44 20 7836 7221

The Queen's Chapel is a chapel in central London, England, that was designed by Inigo Jones and built between 1623 and 1625 as an external adjunct to St. James's Palace for Roman Catholic queen Henrietta Maria. It is one of the facilities of the British monarch's personal religious establishment, the Chapel Royal, and should not be confused with the 1540 building known as the Chapel Royal within the palace and just across Marlborough road.HistoryIt was built as a Roman Catholic chapel at a time when the construction of Catholic churches was prohibited in England, and was used by Charles I's Catholic queen Henrietta Maria. From the 1690s it was used by Continental Protestant courtiers. It was built as an integral part of St James's Palace, but when the adjacent private apartments burned down in 1809 they were not replaced and in 1856-57 Marlborough Road was built between the palace and the Queen's Chapel. The result is that physically the chapel now appears to be more part of the Marlborough House complex than of St James's Palace. It became a Chapel Royal again in 1938.Having been taken from the Royal Chapel of All Saints in Windsor Great Park, the body of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother lay at the Queen's Chapel for several days during the preparations for her lying-in-state in Westminster Hall before her ceremonial funeral.

Embassy of Japan, London
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Hell on Earth for Dolphins
London, United Kingdom

The Embassy of Japan in London is the diplomatic mission of Japan in the United Kingdom. It occupies a large Victorian building on Piccadilly opposite Green Park, which is Grade II listed.

Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
129 Bayswater Road
London, United Kingdom W2 4RJ

The Hilton London Hyde Park is a hotel situated on Bayswater Road, overlooking Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens in central London. It was opened in July 1999.The building was originally the Coburg Court Hotel, first opened in 1907, and it was later renamed the Coburg Hotel in the early 1960s.The Coburg Hotel was used as a filming location in Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy (1972). Richard Blaney and Babs Milligan check into the Coburg as "Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Wilde". Filming took place at the hotel during September 1971. The interiors of the Coburg Hotel were mostly recreated at Pinewood Studios, except for the policemen's point-of-view shot showing the fire escape, which was filmed by assistant director Colin M. Brewer from a fifth-floor room.The current hotel is the first Hilton Hotels & Resorts hotel in London with a state-of-the-art meeting room featuring an interactive projection and speaker system.

Bavarian Village
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Serpentine Road, Hyde Park
London, United Kingdom W2 2UH

LIKE US http://www.facebook.com/bavarian.village WATCH US http://www.youtube.com/thebavarianvillage