Grands Boulevards est une station des lignes 8 et 9 du métro de Paris, en limite des 2 et 9 arrondissements de Paris.La stationAnciennement dénommée « Montmartre », puis « rue Montmartre », cette station a été renommée « Grands Boulevards » à l'été 1998 dans le cadre d'un réaménagement global des « Grands boulevards ».Comme de nombreuses stations parisiennes, son appellation provenait du nom d'une rue perpendiculaire à la voie principale. La station fut rebaptisée à la suite de nombreuses confusions de touristes pensant que la station desservait la butte Montmartre.En 2011, voyageurs sont entrés à cette station. Elle a vu entrer voyageurs en 2013 ce qui la place à la position des stations de métro pour sa fréquentation.CorrespondancesLa station est desservie par les lignes 20, 39, 48, 67, 74 et 85 du réseau de bus RATP et par la ligne à vocation touristique OpenTour.
The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.
Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.
Invalides is a Metro & RER station on lines 8 and 13 of the Paris Métro and on RER line C in the 7th arrondissement, located near and named after les Invalides.The metro station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of Line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 13 platforms were opened on 20 December 1923 as part of the original section of line 10 between Invalides and Croix Rouge (a station east of Sèvres – Babylone, which was closed during World War II). On 27 July 1937 the section of line 10 between Invalides and Duroc was transferred to become the first section of old line 14, which was connected under the Seine and incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976.The Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly (the lower house of the French Parliament), is nearby.
La Motte-Picquet – GrenelleDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information Boulevard de Grenelle / Avenue de La Motte-Picquet Paris, France 75015
La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle est une station du métro de Paris sur les lignes 6, 8 et 10, dans le 15 arrondissement de Paris.La stationLes quais des stations des lignes 8 et 10 ne sont pas face-à-face, comme dans la majorité des stations. Cette particularité découle du rôle originel de la station, qui dessert à la fois la branche d'Auteuil et la branche de Balard. Le quai en direction de Balard se situe au-dessous, et légèrement décalé, du quai en direction de Créteil.Les couloirs de correspondance de la station sont décorés de plusieurs blasons de la famille de Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de La Motte (d'azur à trois chevrons d'or, accompagnés de trois fers de lance d'argent en pal les pointes en haut). Une fresque représente la barrière de la Cunette, une des portes du mur des Fermiers généraux située autrefois en ce lieu.En 2011, sont entrés à cette station. Elle a vu entrer en 2013, ce qui la place à la des stations de métro pour sa fréquentation.HistoireLa station La Motte-Picquet de l'ancienne ligne 5 est ouverte en 1906. Elle rend hommage à l’amiral Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de La Motte (1720-1791).Son nom sera changé en 1913 à l'occasion du prolongement de l'ancienne ligne 8 vers la station Beaugrenelle (aujourd'hui Charles Michels, sur la ligne 10). La commune de Grenelle fut annexée à Paris en 1860, trente ans à peine après sa création.
La Motte-Picquet – GrenelleDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information la motte picquet grenelle Paris, France 75015
La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle is a station of the Paris Métro, at the interconnection of lines 6, 8 and 10 in the 15th arrondissement, near the 7th arrondissement. The station combines underground and elevated platforms. It is named after the Avenue de la Motte-Picquet and the Boulevard de Grenelle. It is a major Paris Metro interconnection on the Rive Gauche, and the most important west of Montparnasse.HistoryThe elevated station first opened on 24 April 1906, as part of the extension of line 2 Sud (2 South) from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907, line 2 Sud was incorporated into line 5. On 12 October 1942 the section of line 5 between Étoile and Place d'Italie, including La Motte-Picquet Grenelle, was transferred to Line 6.On 13 July 1913, underground platforms were opened as part of the original section of line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels) and Opéra via La Motte-Picquet Grenelle. The section of line 8 from La Motte-Picquet Grenelle to Charles Michels and Porte d'Auteuil was transferred to line 10 on 27 July 1937 when line 8 was extended to Balard and an underground track for line 10 was opened linking La Motte-Picquet Grenelle with Duroc.
Grands Boulevards is a station on lines 8 and 9 of the Paris Métro. The section of lines 8 and 9 from just east of Richelieu - Drouot to west of République was built under the Grand Boulevards, which replaced the Louis XIII wall and is in soft ground, which was once the course of the Seine. The lines are built on two levels, with line 8 on the higher level and line 9 in the lower level. The platforms are at the sides and the box containing the lines and supporting the road above is strengthened by a central wall between the tracks. There is no interconnection between the lines at Grands Boulevards, with each level having different accesses to the street.The station was opened on 5 May 1931 with the extension of line 8 from Richelieu - Drouot to Porte de Charenton. The line 9 platforms were opened on 10 December 1933 with the extension of the line from Richelieu - Drouot to Porte de Montreuil. Until 1998 the station was called Rue Montmartre. It was renamed to reflect the programme of the former Mayor of Paris, Jean Tiberi, to upgrade the main Boulevards of Paris and because the old name suggested that the station was in the Montmartre district, misleading tourists.
Odéon is a station on lines 4 and 10 of the Paris Métro in the 6th arrondissement in the heart of the Left Bank.The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. The line 10 platforms opened on 14 April 1926 as part of the line's extension from Mabillon. It was the eastern terminus of the line until its extension to Place d'Italie (now on line 7) on 15 February 1930. Named after the nearby Odéon theatre, the station is located under the Carrefour de l'Odéon, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. The platforms on Line 4 were opened on 9 January 1910 and the platforms on Line 10 were opened on 14 February 1926.The Luxembourg Palace is nearby.
Charles de Gaulle – ÉtoileDistance: 1.5 miTourist Information Place Charles de Gaulle Paris, France
Charles de Gaulle – Étoile is a station on Paris Métro Line 1 and of the RER urban rail network. It lies on the boundary of the 8th, 16th, and 17th arrondissements of Paris. Originally called simply Étoile, after its location at Place de l'Étoile, it took on the additional name of President Charles de Gaulle from 1970.The platforms are built beneath Place de l'Étoile, which is situated at the end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. The Arc de Triomphe is in the centre of the Place. Lines 1 and 2 have two side platforms each, while the terminus on Line 6 is a single track with two platforms situated in a loop; passengers alight on the left platform and board on the right. Trains depart immediately from this station and make a longer stop at Kléber.HistoryAlthough Line 1 had opened on 19 July 1900, Étoile station only opened on 1 September that year, being followed quickly by the Line 6 station and the line 2 station . The RER line A station, 30 m deeper, opened on 21 February 1970, initially as the terminus of a shuttle from La Défense. After the death of Charles de Gaulle on 13 November 1970, Place de l'Étoile was renamed Place Charles de Gaulle and the station was renamed as Charles de Gaulle – Étoile. The RER was extended to Auber on 23 November 1971.
Ternes is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, under the Place des Ternes on the border of the 8th and 17th arrondissement of Paris.The station was opened on 7 October 1902 as part of the extension of line 2 from Étoile to Anvers. The name of the street derives from Villa Externa (Latin for "external house"), a medieval farm and residence of the Bishop of Paris outside the city, that became the name of the locality, which was originally part of Saint-Denis, then Neuilly, and was finally annexed by Paris in 1860. The Barrière des Ternes was a gate (also known as the Barrière du Roule) at the same location built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in 1859.
Madeleine is a station on lines 8, 12 and 14 of the Paris Métro in central Paris and the 8th arrondissement.The station was opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The line 8 platforms opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of the line between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 14 platforms opened on 15 October 1998 as part of the original section of the line between Madeleine and Bibliothèque François Mitterrand. It was the north-western terminus of Line 14 until its extension to Saint-Lazare in 2003.It is named after the nearby Église de la Madeleine, which was dedicated to Sainte Madeleine in the 18th century. A small settlement had grown up in the district by the 6th century around a stronghold of the Bishop of Paris. It was known from an early date as la Ville-l’Évêque ("Town of the Bishop").
Dupleix is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. The track and station form an elevated viaduct in the centre of and above the Boulevard de Grenelle. There is an open street market under the station twice a week.The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. It is named after the nearby Place Dupleix, a square commemorating Joseph François Dupleix, marquis of Landrecies and Paris, an administrator and colonizer of India. The station was the location of the Barrière de Grenelle, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.
George V (Paris Métro)Distance: 1.2 miTourist Information 130 avenue des Champs-Élysées Paris, France 75008
George V is a station on line 1 of the Paris Métro, under the Champs-Élysées.The station was opened on 13 August 1900, almost a month after trains began running on the original section of line 1 between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900.It was originally called Alma, after the nearby street named in honour of the Battle of Alma in the Crimean War. On 27 May 1920 the street and station were renamed after George V in appreciation of the United Kingdom's support for France during World War I.The station entrance is located between Rue de Bassano and Avenue George V on the Champs-Élysées.
Gare de Saint-Michel – Notre-DameDistance: 1.2 miTourist Information Quai Saint-Michel Paris, France 75005 <>
La gare Saint-Michel - Notre-Dame est une gare française de la ligne de Quai-d'Orsay à Paris-Austerlitz située au cœur de Paris avec des accès situés dans les 4, 5 et arrondissements.Devenue en 1980 une gare du réseau express régional d'Île-de-France avec la création de la ligne C du RER, elle est en correspondance via des couloirs ouverts au public avec la station Saint-Michel sur la ligne 4 du métro de Paris et avec la station Cluny - La Sorbonne sur la ligne 10 du métro de Paris.HistoriqueStation de la ligne BUne gare à Saint-Michel dans le sens nord-sud était un vieux rêve des ingénieurs de la ligne de Sceaux, une petite ligne ferroviaire qui reliait la rive gauche de Paris à Sceaux. Les terminus parisiens successifs furent Denfert-Rochereau, puis Luxembourg. Mais les moyens du début du ne permettaient pas aux locomotives à vapeur de parcourir un tunnel en si forte pente et de le remonter en gardant leur fumée aussi longtemps.
Pasteur (Paris Métro)Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information 179 rue de Vaugirard Paris, France 75015
Pasteur is a station on lines 6 and 12 of the Paris Métro in the 15th arrondissement. The platforms on both lines are underground, although line 6 becomes elevated just to the northwest of the station. Nearby are the Pasteur Institute and the Lycée Buffon (school).HistoryThe station opened on 24 April 1906 with the opening of the extension of line 2 Sud from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 line 2 Sud became part of line 5. On 12 October 1942 the section of line 5 between Étoile and Place d'Italie, including Pasteur was transferred from line 5 to line 6 in order to separate the underground and elevated sections of the metro (because the latter were more vulnerable to air attack during World War II).The line 12 platforms opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro.
Mabillon is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the heart of the Left Bank and the 6th arrondissement.The station opened on 10 March 1925 as part of the line's extension from Croix Rouge (a station between Sèvres - Babylone and Mabillon, which was closed during World War II). It was the eastern teminus of the line until its extension to Odéon on 14 April 1926. It is named after the nearby street, Rue Mabillon, which in turn is named after Jean Mabillon (1632–1707), a Benedictine monk and scholar, considered the founder of palaeography and diplomatics, who died nearby.The station is close to Saint-Germain-des-Prés on Paris Métro Line 4, but there is no free transfer between the two stations.