Ostiense is a quarter in the south metropolitan area of Rome, Italy. It comprises the area near the Via Ostiense from the Porta San Paolo to the Magliana Viaduct. Its official boundaries include the neighborhood of Garbatella. The original name of the Porta San Paolo, a gate in the city walls of Rome, was Porta Ostiensis, because it was located at the beginning of Via Ostiensis. It now houses the Via Ostiense Museum.Ostiense was an industrial area in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Remnants of that era include a prominent gasometer and the Centrale Montemartini (a former power station now housing part of the Capitoline Museum's collection of classical sculpture).The landmarks in the quarter include the Centrale Montemartini and the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls.Other landmarks include the Roma Ostiense railway station and most of the University of Rome III campus.The railway station is home to the Italian railway company Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori. It is the city's main hub and home to Italian food market chain Eataly, world's biggest store.
È una delle voci più autorevoli nel mondo dell’informazione primaria.
Ogni giorno oltre 1.000 notizie su:
- Ricerca e Sviluppo
Agi è presente in tutto il territorio nazionale con proprie redazioni locali.
La presenza internazionale cresce grazie allo sviluppo di tecnologie digitali e a un network attivo di corrispondenti e partnerships in oltre 50 paesi, con notizie in 6 lingue
The Pyramid of Cestius is an ancient pyramid in Rome, Italy, near the Porta San Paolo and the Protestant Cemetery. It stands at a fork between two ancient roads, the Via Ostiensis and another road that ran west to the Tiber along the approximate line of the modern Via della Marmorata. Due to its incorporation into the city's fortifications, it is today one of the best-preserved ancient buildings in Rome.Physical attributesThe pyramid was built about 18 BC–12 BC as a tomb for Gaius Cestius, a magistrate and member of one of the four great religious corporations in Rome, the Septemviri Epulonum. It is of brick-faced concrete covered with slabs of white marble standing on a travertine foundation. The pyramid measures 100 Roman feet (29.6 m) square at the base and stands 125 Roman feet (37 m) high.In the interior is the burial chamber, a simple barrel-vaulted rectangular cavity measuring 5.95 metres long, 4.10 m wide and 4.80 m high. When opened in 1660, the chamber was found to be decorated with frescoes, which were recorded by Pietro Santi Bartoli. Only scant traces of these frescoes survive, and no trace of any other contents. The tomb had been sealed when it was built, with no exterior entrance, but had been plundered at some time thereafter, probably during antiquity. Until the end of restoration works in 2015, it was not possible for visitors to access the interior, except by special permission typically only granted to scholars. Since the beginning of May 2015, the pyramid is open to the public every second and fourth Saturday each month. Visitors must arrange their visit in advance.
The Porta Latina is a single-arched gate in the Aurelian Walls of ancient Rome. It marked the Rome end of the Via Latina and gives its name to the church of San Giovanni a Porta Latina. Most of the present structure dates to Honorius, including the arch's voussoirs . The gate retained its name throughout the Middle Ages. Also nearby are the oratory of San Giovanni in Oleo and the pagan Columbarium of Pomponius Hylas.The gate's single arch is built of irregular blocks of travertine, with a row of five windows above on the outside, and a sixth in brick, at the south end, surmounted by stone battlements. The arch is flanked by two semi-circular towers of brick-faced concrete, which do not rise above the top of the central section. The north tower rests on masonry foundations that may have belonged to a tomb.
Biennale dello Spazio Pubblico 2015Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information Facoltà di Architettura Roma Tre Rome,
Santa Prisca is a titular church of Rome, on the Aventine Hill, for Cardinal-priests. It is recorded as the Titulus Priscae in the acts of the 499 synod.ChurchIt is devoted to Saint Prisca, a 1st-century martyr, whose relics are contained in the altar in the crypt. It was built in the 4th or 5th century over a temple of Mithras.Damaged in the Norman Sack of Rome, the church was restored several times. The current aspect is due to the 1660 restoration, which included a new facade by Carlo Lombardi.In the interior, the columns are the only visible remains of the ancient church. Also a baptismal font allegedly used by Saint Peter is conserved. The frescoes in the crypt, where an altar contains the relics of Saint Prisca, are by Antonio Tempesta. Anastasio Fontebuoni frescoed the walls of the nave with Saints and angels with the instruments of passion. In the sacristy hangs a painting of the Immaculate conception with angels by Giovanni Odazzi, and on the main altar a Baptism of Santa Prisca by Domenico Passignano.
Santa Maria del Priorato ChurchDistance: 0.4 miTourist Information Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta, 4 Rome, 00153
The Church of St. Mary of the Priory (Chiesa di Santa Maria del Priorato), can also be known by its previous name of St. Mary on the Aventine (Santa Maria in Aventino). It is the monastery church of the Priory of the Knights of Malta on the Aventine Hill in Rome, and is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.The original church was built in 939, when Odo of Cluny was given the Roman palace of Alberic II of Spoleto, which was then converted into a Cluniac Benedictine monastery. When the monastery was dissolved in the 14th-century, the site was acquired by the Knights of Malta, and, under them, the church was rebuilt in the 1550s.In 1760, the papal nephew and Grand Prior of the Knights, Cardinal Giambattista Rezzonico, sought to improve the appearance of the buildings. On a limited budget, the church was substantially renovated between 1764-66 according to the designs of Giovanni Battista Piranesi, who also built the piazza in front of the church, the Piazza dei Cavaliere di Malta. The fairly low wall around the piazza is articulated by panels with paired obelisks with stelae positioned in between them.
Villa Sciarra is a park in Rome named for the villa at its centre. It is located between the neighborhoods of Trastevere, Gianicolo and Monteverde Vecchio. It is not to be confused with the Villa Sciarra in Frascati.LocationThe best approach is from Viale Trastevere. At the Ministry of Education turn onto Via E. Morosini, then take the first left (Via Dandolo) to make the climb and turn left at Via Calandrelli. In Via Calandrelli there are two entrances which are the first giving on to Piazzale Wurts, designed by Pio Piacentini and the second at Largo E. Mintilli.HistoryIn 1653 Cardinal Antonio Barberini bought most of the land within the Janiculum walls between Porta Portese and Porta San Pancrazio to build an estate mainly used as a farm. In 1811 the property was acquired by the Colonna di Sciarra, who gave the villa its current name and enlarged it by acquiring the land belonging to Monastero di San Cosimato. In the 1880s Prince Maffeo Sciarra Colonna went bankrupt and the estate was split and a large part of it became a residential area. The last owners, George Wurts and his wife Henrietta, who was the sister of Charlemagne Tower, established the remaining land as a botanic garden and aviary complex embellished with an original sculptural decoration coming from an 18th-century Lombard villa near Milan. The park was given to Benito Mussolini by the widowed Henrietta in 1932 on condition it became a public park.
The Ospizio di San Michele a Ripa Grande or Ospizio Apostolico di San Michele in Rome is represented today by a series of buildings in the south end of the Rione Trastevere, facing the Tiber River and extending from the bank of Ponte Sublicio for nearly 500 meters. It stands across the river from the Rione Ripa and the area known as the Porto di Ripetta, once in the Aventine neighborhood of Rome. The Porto di Ripa Grande was the river port that served those coming up from the Mediterranean port of Ostia. This area was once a main port of Rome. While large seafaring ships could not forge easily up the Tiber river to Rome; smaller boats frequently brought supplies in from the up to the city and disembarked their wares here.HistoryThe buildings of the Ospizio di San Michele were built during the 17th and 18th centuries and served a number of purposes including an orphanage, a hospice for abandoned elderly, and jails for minors and women. In 1679, a nephew of the new Pope Innocent XI (reigned 1676 -1689), Monsignor Carlo Tommaso Odescalchi commissioned architect Mattia de Rossi to design, and within five years had built an hospice to house and train orphan children to manufacture of woven carpets and tapestries. To this building were added in 1693, the Ospizio dei Poveri Inabilito (disabled poor), and in 1709, Pope Clement XI commissioned the architect Carlo Fontana to extend the complex even further and transferred the elderly residents here from the Ospedale dei Mendicanti, located in the Via Giulia. Later additions to the building were the prison for minors and an art school. In 1735, Pope Clement XII commissioned architect Ferdinando Fuga to design a woman’s prison and a barracks for customs officers.
The Circus Maximus is an ancient Roman chariot racing stadium and mass entertainment venue located in Rome, Italy. Situated in the valley between the Aventine and Palatine hills, it was the first and largest stadium in ancient Rome and its later Empire. It measured 621 m in length and 118 m in width and could accommodate over 150,000 spectators. In its fully developed form, it became the model for circuses throughout the Roman Empire. The site is now a public park.Events and usesThe Circus was Rome's largest venue for ludi, public games connected to Roman religious festivals. Ludi were sponsored by leading Romans or the Roman state for the benefit of the Roman people (populus Romanus) and gods. Most were held annually or at annual intervals on the Roman calendar. Others might be given to fulfill a religious vow, such as the games in celebration of a triumph. The earliest known triumph ludi at the Circus were vowed by Tarquin the Proud to Jupiter in the late Regal era for his victory over Pometia.
Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo e la DocumentazioneDistance: 0.5 miTourist Information Via di San Michele, 18 Rome, 00153
Aula consiliare Municipio " Roma Centro Storico"Distance: 0.4 miTourist Information Via della Greca, 5 Rome, 00186
Basilica di Sant'Anastasia al PalatinoDistance: 0.4 miTourist Information Piazza S. Anastasia 1 Rome, 00186
Sant'Anastasia is a basilica and titular church in for cardinal-priests in Rome, Italy.BasilicaSant'Anastasia was built in the late 3rd century - early 4th century, possibly by a Roman woman named Anastasia. The church is listed under the titulus Anastasiae in the acts of the 499 synod. Later the church was entitled to the martyr with the same name, Anastasia of Sirmium.The church was restored several times: Pope Damasus I (366-383), Pope Hilarius (461-468), Pope John VII (705-707), Pope Leo III (795-816), and Pope Gregory IV (827-844). The current church dates back to the 17th century restoration commissioned by Pope Urban VII.Traditionally, the church is connected to the cult of St Jerome, who possibly celebrated mass here. The saint is depicted over the altar, by Domenichino.Art and architectureThe last restoration, after the restoration during the papacy of Sixtus IV, occurred in 1636, when the facade, with lower doric and upper ionic order, was reconstructed in 1636, after the cyclone of 1634. The nave recycles antique columns. The ceiling is frescoed with a martyrdom of the saints (1722) by Michelangelo Cerruti.
Temple of Hercules VictorDistance: 0.5 miTourist Information Piazza della Bocca della Verità Rome, 00186
The Temple of Hercules Victor or Hercules Olivarius is a Roman temple in Piazza Bocca della Verità, in the area of the Forum Boarium close to the Tiber in Rome. It is a monopteros, a round temple of Greek 'peripteral' design completely encircled by a colonnade. This layout caused it to be mistaken for a temple of Vesta until it was correctly identified by Napoleon's Prefect of Rome, Camille de Tournon. Despite the Forum Boarium's role as the cattle-market for ancient Rome, the Temple of Hercules is the subject of a folk belief claiming that neither flies nor dogs will enter the holy place.DescriptionDating from the later 2nd century BC, and perhaps erected by L. Mummius Achaicus, conqueror of the Achaeans and destroyer of Corinth, the temple is 14.8 m in diameter and consists of a circular cella within a concentric ring of twenty Corinthian columns 10.66 m tall, resting on a tuff foundation. These elements supported an architrave and roof, which have disappeared. The original wall of the cella, built of travertine and marble blocks, and nineteen of the originally twenty columns remain but the current tile roof was added later. Palladio's published reconstruction suggested a dome, though this was apparently erroneous. The temple is the earliest surviving marble building in Rome.
Forum BoariumDistance: 0.5 miTourist Information Piazza della Bocca della Verità, 18 Rome, 00186
The Forum Boarium was the cattle forum venalium of Ancient Rome. It was located on a level piece of land near the Tiber between the Capitoline, the Palatine and Aventine hills. As the site of the original docks of Rome (Portus Tiberinus), the Forum Boarium experienced intense commercial activity.The Forum Boarium was the site of the first gladiatorial contest at Rome which took place in 264 BC as part of aristocratic funerary ritual—a munus or funeral gift for the dead. Marcus and Decimus Junius Brutus Scaeva put on a gladiatorial combat in honor of their deceased father with three pairs of gladiators.The site was also a religious center housing the Temple of Hercules Victor, the Temple of Portunus (Temple of Fortuna Virilis), and the massive 6th or 5th century BC Great Altar of Hercules.ArchitectureThe Temple of Hercules Victor or Hercules Olivarius (Hercules as protector of the olive trade), is a circular peristyle building dating from the 2nd century BC. It consists of a colonnade of Corinthian columns arranged in a concentric ring around the cylindrical cella, resting on a tuff foundation. These elements originally supported an architrave and roof which have disappeared. It is the earliest surviving marble building in Rome. For centuries, this was known as the Temple of Vesta.
Santa Maria della Luce, RomeDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information Via Della Lungaretta 22 A Rome, 00153
The church of Santa Maria della Luce is an ancient church in the Rione of Trastevere in Rome, Italy.The church was originally known as San Salvatore in Corte. That church was founded by Saint Bonosa in the 4th century at the site of the excubitorium or barracks of the "cohort VII Brigade". The church was rebuilt in the 12th century, together with bell-tower, which is still preserved. In 1595, the church was placed under the jurisdiction of the nearby Basilica of San Crisogono. In 1728, a Pope Benedict XIII assigned the church to the Minims, an order established by St. Francis of Paola.The current name of the church dates from 1730, when a series of miracles were linked to an icon painted on the exterior of a nearby house nearby, which was seen to emit light. The image was then transferred to the Church, and changed name. The church interior underwent reconstruction by architect Gabriele Valvassori, though the facade remained unfinished. The apse, even after Baroque restoration, still shows signs of the original Romanesque architecture. The apse is frescoed with The Eternal Father by Stefano Conca.The chapel of St Joseph on the right has an altarpiece depicting the Death of St Joseph (1754) by Giovanni Conso (painter). The chapel of St Francis of Paola is on the left, and has an altarpiece depicting Saints Francis de Sales and John of Valois by Stefano Conca. The chapel on the right dedicated to Saints Joachim and Anne has an altarpiece depicting the Family of the Virgin (1753) by Pietro Labruzzi. Other chapels have modern artworks mostly showing Latin American devotions. There is also an painting by Onofrio Avellino depicting Miracle of St Francis of Paola walking across the Straits of Messina(1700).
La gelateria La Romana nasce nel centro storico di Rimini nel 1947 in piazza Ferrari prendendo il nome dalla figlia del primo proprietario e fondatore.
Con oltre 60 anni di esperienza La Romana ha continuato a mantenere inalterata la qualità dei propri gusti, frutto della fantasia e dell’amore per il gelato del capostipite della famiglia Zucchi.
Da oltre 60 anni l’azienda appartiene alla famiglia, che guidata dai figli, ha continuato ad evolvere il progetto del padre, aprendo nuovi punti vendita artigianali in Italia e all’estero, senza perdere le proprie radici legate alla qualità e alla genuinità di un tempo.
LIVINGOFFICE è una società di rappresentanze.
È in grado di operare sia come unico interlocutore, proponendo il mix di prodotti più idoneo in funzione delle diverse necessità analizzate, sia come singola azienda rappresentata.
Coordina le varie fasi del progetto, fino alla sua completa realizzazione, sollevando il cliente da tutte le incombenze relative all’organizzazione e gestione del cantiere fino all’ultimazione dei lavori.
In questo modo, è in grado di fornire “ristrutturazioni chiavi in mano”, ponendo come obiettivo principale la soddisfazione del cliente in termini di:
• rispetto dei tempi
• contenimento e controllo dei costi
Livingoffice pone grande attenzione alla scelta di ogni singolo elemento dell'ufficio, all'ergonomia dei componenti di arredo, alla raffinatezza delle finiture, al benessere degli individui che vi lavorano.
Una struttura flessibile in grado di adattarsi alle diverse situazioni progettuali, anche in quelle più impegnative, dove è necessario un prezioso contributo tecnico e creativo.
Livingoffice disegna, renderizza, ingegnerizza e realizza singoli prodotti e collezioni di arredo sintesi della personalità ed originalità dell'architetto, del designer o del cliente.
Una realtà caratterizzata da un lavoro di squadra insieme al cliente o allo studio di architettura per realizzare progetti di qualità.
Tra i servizi offerti:
• Sopralluoghi e rilievi
• Consulenza progettuale ed organizzativa
• Pianificazione attività
• Progettazione illuminotecnica
• Progetti e relazioni acustiche
• Coordinamento progetti e di cantiere
Red Carpet opera dal 2008 nell’industria dell’intrattenimento occupandosi principalmente della gestione delle partecipazioni di grandi campioni sportivi e di star internazionali nelle più note trasmissioni televisive ed eventi. Grazie ai risultati raggiunti, alla stretta collaborazione con le più importanti produzioni televisive e al rapporto privilegiato con i più grandi nomi dello sport e del star system, Red Carpet è oggi punto di riferimento per le aziende che intendono realizzare progetti mirati di endorsement legati ai testimonial sportivi e alle star internazionali proponendo strategie innovative di comunicazione e marketing.
Realtà dinamica e unica nel suo genere, oltre a quanto consolidato Red Carpet interviene in altre tre aree di azione: crea e sviluppa contenuti multipiattaforma creati su misura per le aziende (branded entertainment), realizza progetti di comunicazione non convenzionale attraverso i profili social dei personaggi vip che segue direttamente, propone attività di celebrity endorsement grazie ai rapporti esclusivi con le migliori agenzie dello star system internazionale.