Santa Balbina is a basilica church in Rome, devoted to St. Balbina. It was built in the 4th century over the house of consul Lucius Fabius Cilo on the Aventine Hill, behind the Baths of Caracalla. Possibly the ancient Titulus Tigridae, the basilica was consecrated by Pope Gregory I.The adjoining monastery has a commanding medieval defence tower. Inside the basilica there is a very fine episcopal chair with Cosmatesque decoration from the 13th century. The church was heavily restored in the 1930s when frescoes were discovered on the side walls from the 9th to 14th centuries. The Baroque frescoes in the apse and the triumphal arch were painted by Anastasio Fontebuoni in 1599. The triumphal arch is decorated with the figures of Ss Paul and Peter while in the apse we can see St Balbina between other martyrs.An ancient sarcophagus was also discovered during the restoration. It is now used as a font.In 1270 the first known Hungarian cardinal, István Váncsa was buried in the basilica. Another 13th century Hungarian clergyman, Pál, Bishop of Paphos, erected an altar in the church for Saint Nicolas. Both the altar and the grave disappeared during later centuries but a plaque commemorates the offerings of Pál.
Aranciera di San SistoDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Via Valle delle Camene, 11 Rome, 00184
Chiesa E Monastero di Santa Maria in TempuloDistance: 0.5 miTourist Information via Valle delle Camene Rome, 00184
Santa Prisca is a titular church of Rome, on the Aventine Hill, for Cardinal-priests. It is recorded as the Titulus Priscae in the acts of the 499 synod.ChurchIt is devoted to Saint Prisca, a 1st-century martyr, whose relics are contained in the altar in the crypt. It was built in the 4th or 5th century over a temple of Mithras.Damaged in the Norman Sack of Rome, the church was restored several times. The current aspect is due to the 1660 restoration, which included a new facade by Carlo Lombardi.In the interior, the columns are the only visible remains of the ancient church. Also a baptismal font allegedly used by Saint Peter is conserved. The frescoes in the crypt, where an altar contains the relics of Saint Prisca, are by Antonio Tempesta. Anastasio Fontebuoni frescoed the walls of the nave with Saints and angels with the instruments of passion. In the sacristy hangs a painting of the Immaculate conception with angels by Giovanni Odazzi, and on the main altar a Baptism of Santa Prisca by Domenico Passignano.
Santa Maria del Priorato ChurchDistance: 0.3 miTourist Information Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta, 4 Rome, 00153
The Church of St. Mary of the Priory (Chiesa di Santa Maria del Priorato), can also be known by its previous name of St. Mary on the Aventine (Santa Maria in Aventino). It is the monastery church of the Priory of the Knights of Malta on the Aventine Hill in Rome, and is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.The original church was built in 939, when Odo of Cluny was given the Roman palace of Alberic II of Spoleto, which was then converted into a Cluniac Benedictine monastery. When the monastery was dissolved in the 14th-century, the site was acquired by the Knights of Malta, and, under them, the church was rebuilt in the 1550s.In 1760, the papal nephew and Grand Prior of the Knights, Cardinal Giambattista Rezzonico, sought to improve the appearance of the buildings. On a limited budget, the church was substantially renovated between 1764-66 according to the designs of Giovanni Battista Piranesi, who also built the piazza in front of the church, the Piazza dei Cavaliere di Malta. The fairly low wall around the piazza is articulated by panels with paired obelisks with stelae positioned in between them.
Basilica Di S. Alessio All'AventinoDistance: 0.2 miTourist Information P-za S.Alessio 23 Rome, 00153
The Basilica of Saint Sabina is a historical church on the Aventine Hill in Rome, Italy. It is a titular minor basilica and mother church of the Roman Catholic Order of Preachers, better known as the Dominicans. Santa Sabina is perched high above the Tiber river to the north and the Circus Maximus to the east. It is next to small public park Giardino degli Aranci, which has a scenic terrace overlooking Rome. It is a short distance to the headquarters of the Knights of Malta.Santa Sabina is the oldest extant Roman basilica in Rome that preserves its original colonnaded rectangular plan and architectural style. Its decorations have been restored to their original restrained design. Other basilicas, such as Santa Maria Maggiore, are often heavily and gaudily decorated. Because of its simplicity, the Santa Sabina represents the crossover from a roofed Roman forum to the churches of Christendom. Its Cardinal Priest is Jozef Tomko. It is the stational church for Ash Wednesday.
The Basilica of St. Stephen in the Round on the Celian Hill (Basilica di Santo Stefano al Monte Celio, Basilica S. Stephani in Caelio Monte) is an ancient basilica and titular church in Rome, Italy. Commonly named Santo Stefano Rotondo, the church is Hungary's "national church" in Rome, dedicated to both Saint Stephen, the Christian first martyr, and Stephen I, the sanctified first king of Hungary who imposed Christianity on his subjects. The minor basilica is also the rectory church of the Pontifical Collegium Germanicum et Hungaricum., the Cardinal Priest or titular S. Stephano is Friedrich Wetter.HistoryThe earliest church was consecrated by Pope Simplicius between 468 and 483. It was dedicated to the protomartyr Saint Stephen, whose body had been discovered a few decades before in the Holy Land, and brought to Rome. The church was the first in Rome to have a circular plan, inspired by the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Saint Stefano was probably financed by the wealthy Valerius family, whose estates covered large parts of the Caelian Hill. Their villa stood nearby, on the site of the present-day Hospital of San Giovanni - Addolorata. Saint Melania the Elder, a member of the family, was a frequent pilgrim to Jerusalem and died there, so the family had connections to the Holy Land.
San Francesco a Ripa is a church in Rome, Italy. It is dedicated to Francis of Assisi because the adjacent convent accommodated him, while the term Ripa refers to the nearby river-edge of the Tiber.HistoryThe origins of this church are related to Franciscan convent existing in the Trastevere quarter of Rome since the 12th centuries. This had an annexed 1231 church dedicated to Saint Blaise (San Biagio). This church was decorated with the (now lost) St Francis cycle by Pietro Cavallini. This cycle probably served as prototype for the famous Legend of St Francis frescoes, ascribed to Giotto di Bondone, in the Upper Basilica of St Francis in Assisi. The construction of the present church was begun in 1603 by Onorio Longhi, starting from the apse. The facade was finished in 1681-1701 with design by Mattia de Rossi. From 1873 to 1943 the church was used as barracks by the Bersaglieri.
Santa Maria dell'Orto is a Roman Catholic church in the Rione of Trastevere in Rome (Italy). It is the national church of Japan in Rome.HistoryThe church rises in the middle of the area that, since about 508 BC, was called Prata Mutia . This refers to the plot of land where the Etruscan king Porsena had set his encampment, and that later the Roman Senate donated to Mucius Scaevola as a sign of gratitude of Rome for his heroic act. The origins of the church are associated to a miracle, that is supposed to have happened circa 1488. A sick farmer, afflicted with a serious palsy according to oral history, was healed after praying a picture of the Virgin Mary painted close to the entrance to his own market garden. The event led to popular worship for the picture, and subsequently a small votive chapel was erected, soon followed by a greater church, funded by 12 professional associations . In 1492 Pope Alexander VI allowed the establishment of a confraternity and in 1588 Pope Sixtus V declared it "Archconfraternity" and bestowed on it the rare privilege to ask once a year – during the titular feast – the pardon of a man condemned to death. During the 1825 Jubilee, as attested by Gaetano Moroni in his Dictionary of historic-ecclesiastical erudition, it was eventually honored with the title of Venerable.
Santa Cecilia in TrastevereDistance: 0.5 miTourist Information 22 Piazza di Santa Cecilia Rome, 00153
Santa Cecilia in Trastevere is a 5th-century church in Rome, Italy, in the Trastevere rione, devoted to the Roman martyr Saint Cecilia.
Basilica di Sant'Anastasia al PalatinoDistance: 0.3 miTourist Information Piazza S. Anastasia 1 Rome, 00186
Sant'Anastasia is a basilica and titular church in for cardinal-priests in Rome, Italy.BasilicaSant'Anastasia was built in the late 3rd century - early 4th century, possibly by a Roman woman named Anastasia. The church is listed under the titulus Anastasiae in the acts of the 499 synod. Later the church was entitled to the martyr with the same name, Anastasia of Sirmium.The church was restored several times: Pope Damasus I (366-383), Pope Hilarius (461-468), Pope John VII (705-707), Pope Leo III (795-816), and Pope Gregory IV (827-844). The current church dates back to the 17th century restoration commissioned by Pope Urban VII.Traditionally, the church is connected to the cult of St Jerome, who possibly celebrated mass here. The saint is depicted over the altar, by Domenichino.Art and architectureThe last restoration, after the restoration during the papacy of Sixtus IV, occurred in 1636, when the facade, with lower doric and upper ionic order, was reconstructed in 1636, after the cyclone of 1634. The nave recycles antique columns. The ceiling is frescoed with a martyrdom of the saints (1722) by Michelangelo Cerruti.
Via San Giovanni in LateranoDistance: 0.9 miTourist Information Via Di San Giovanni In Laterano Rome,
Santi Quattro CoronatiDistance: 0.8 miTourist Information Via dei Santi Quattro, 20 Rome, 00184
Quello dei Santi Quattro Coronati è un complesso di edilizia cristiana situato nel rione romano del Celio, sull'omonimo colle.I Santi QuattroI nomi dei quattro santi titolari, secondo la Pontificia Academia Cultorum Martyrum, che vi pone una stazione al Lunedì della IV settimana di Quaresima, sono: Castorio, Sinfroniano, Claudio e Nicostrato, commemorati l'8 novembre.La leggenda parla di quattro marmorari cristiani messi a morte sotto Diocleziano per essersi rifiutati di scolpire idoli pagani, ma anche di quattro (o cinque) militari, ugualmente martirizzati e sepolti presso le tombe dei martiri precedenti.Gli scalpellini martiri nel Medioevo divennero patroni delle corporazioni edili e ancora adesso lo sono delle arti murarie (come a Bologna o a Firenze). Per la loro connessione con l'arte marmoraria e delle costruzioni, i Santi Quattro sono anche molto cari alla Massoneria: la Loggia di ricerca Q.C. di Londra, ad esempio, tiene tuttora il suo festival annuale l'8 novembre. Immagine:Santi Quattro 0511-14 dedica.JPG|Memoria del cardinale Alfonso Carrillo de Albornoz Immagine:Santi Quattro 0511-04.JPG|Torre verso via dei Santi Quattro. Immagine:Santi Quattro 0511-02.JPG|Abside e palazzo cardinalizio. Immagine:Santi Quattro Sezione.jpg|Sezione con le fasi architettoniche.
Entrance to the Upper Basilica is free. Admission prices to the Excavations (Scavi) are listed on our website.
Santa Maria della Luce, RomeDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Via Della Lungaretta 22 A Rome, 00153
The church of Santa Maria della Luce is an ancient church in the Rione of Trastevere in Rome, Italy.The church was originally known as San Salvatore in Corte. That church was founded by Saint Bonosa in the 4th century at the site of the excubitorium or barracks of the "cohort VII Brigade". The church was rebuilt in the 12th century, together with bell-tower, which is still preserved. In 1595, the church was placed under the jurisdiction of the nearby Basilica of San Crisogono. In 1728, a Pope Benedict XIII assigned the church to the Minims, an order established by St. Francis of Paola.The current name of the church dates from 1730, when a series of miracles were linked to an icon painted on the exterior of a nearby house nearby, which was seen to emit light. The image was then transferred to the Church, and changed name. The church interior underwent reconstruction by architect Gabriele Valvassori, though the facade remained unfinished. The apse, even after Baroque restoration, still shows signs of the original Romanesque architecture. The apse is frescoed with The Eternal Father by Stefano Conca.The chapel of St Joseph on the right has an altarpiece depicting the Death of St Joseph (1754) by Giovanni Conso (painter). The chapel of St Francis of Paola is on the left, and has an altarpiece depicting Saints Francis de Sales and John of Valois by Stefano Conca. The chapel on the right dedicated to Saints Joachim and Anne has an altarpiece depicting the Family of the Virgin (1753) by Pietro Labruzzi. Other chapels have modern artworks mostly showing Latin American devotions. There is also an painting by Onofrio Avellino depicting Miracle of St Francis of Paola walking across the Straits of Messina(1700).
Basilica di San ClementeDistance: 0.9 miTourist Information Via Labicana 95, ROMA, RM, Italia Rome, 00184
San Giorgio in Velabro is a church in Rome, Italy, devoted to St. George.The church is located in the ancient Roman Velabrum, near the Arch of Janus, in the rione of Ripa. Sited near the River Tiber, it is within a complex of Republican-era pagan temples associated with the port of Rome. The ancient Arcus Argentariorum is attached to the side of the church's façade.San Giorgio in Velabro is the station church for the first Thursday in Lent.HistoryThe first religious building attested in the place of the current basilica is a diaconia, funded by Pope Gregory the Great.The current church was built during the 7th century, possibly by Pope Leo II, who dedicated it to Saint Sebastian. A 482 inscription in the catacombs of St. Callixtus probably refers of a church in the same zone. Its plan is irregular, indeed slightly trapezoidal, as a result of the frequent additions to the building. As can be seen from the lower photograph, the interior columns are almost randomly arranged having been taken from sundry Roman temples.
San Bartolomeo all'IsolaDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Piazza di San Bartolomeo all'isola, 22 Rome, 00186
The Basilica of St. Bartholomew on the Island (Basilica di San Bartolomeo all'Isola, Basilica S. Bartholomaei in Insula) is a titular minor basilica, located in Rome, Italy. It was founded at the end of the 10th century by Otto III, Holy Roman Emperor. It contains the relics of St. Bartholomew the Apostle, and is located on Tiber Island, on the site of the former temple of Aesculapius, which had cleansed the island of its former ill-repute among the Romans and established its reputation as a hospital, continued under Christian auspices today.The most recent Cardinal priest of the Titulus S. Bartholomaei in Insula was Cardinal Francis George, the Archbishop Emeritus of Chicago, who died on Friday, April 17, 2015.HistoryIn Roman times, the Temple of Aesculapius stood on the site of the modern church. The entire Isola Tiberina had actually been covered in marble in an effort to make the island look like a ship. The prow can still be seen today.
I nostri prodotti e servizi:
.:. Servizi Fotografici e video (matrimoni, cerimonie, eventi etc.)
.:. Stampa Foto Digitali
.:. Sviluppo e Stampa Analogica
.:. Stampa Fine Art
.:. Impaginazione e Stampa Fotolibri
.:. Prodotti Tipografici
.:. Cornici artigianali
.:. Gadget ed oggettistica
.:. Album fotografici
.:. Idee regalo personalizzate
.:. Cartucce per stampanti
.:. Attrezzature fotografiche
.:. Servizio Fax
t-bar e’ un concept bar che si modifica in base alle ore del giorno. Colazione, snack, pranzo, te delle cinque, apertivo, cena, dopocena, Brunch. T-bar e’ il tuo punto di ritrovo in cui le lancette si fermano. t-bar e’ il nostro bar che vorremmo far diventare il tuo
L'associazione effettua la prevenzione, la diagnosi, la terapia e la riabilitazione delle patologie neuropsicologiche, neurologiche, neurocognitive, psicologiche, psicoterapiche e psichiatriche dell'età evolutiva
Grazie alle sinergie di un team creativo, propositivo e dinamico, formato da specialisti della grafica, della stampa, del web design e della comunicazione, sviluppiamo le richieste del cliente ideando e realizzando “il prodotto”. Pianifichiamo, dirigiamo e coordiniamo da semplici progetti individuali fino a complesse campagne pubblicitarie. Eseguiamo internamente con estrema riservatezza tutte le fasi del processo produttivo garantendo la massima qualità delle realizzazioni con un notevole risparmio di risorse e di tempo.
Ci proponiamo come partner qualificato di quelle realtà editoriali che, per scelta strategica, decidono di affidare esternamente alcune o tutte le fasi del processo produttivo.
Chi desidera promuovere la propria immagine trova in Eurolabs Roma un’unica risposta alle molteplici esigenze della comunicazione ed ha a disposizione un ampio ventaglio di prodotti che garantiscono soluzioni sempre raffinate e di alto profilo.
La tua immagine è in buone mani con Eurolabs Roma.
Gelato E Mozzarella Distance: 1.6 miTourist Information Piazza Enrico Fermi 29 via Gerolamo Cardano Rome, Italy 00146
La Galleria del Francobollo è stata fondata a Roma nel 1954 dal Signor Silverio Tanesini. Lo staff, dopo la perdita del Fondatore, era costituito dalla titolare Signora Maria Marinelli purtroppo scomparsa nel luglio 2003, e dal figlio Luigi Tanesini, che opera nel settore da oramai 29 anni insieme ad altri qualificati collaboratori.
Attualmente la titolarità della Galleria del Francobollo è passata per generazione al Sig. Luigi Tanesini con la costante collaborazione della moglie Giuliana.